• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hahaha the Hellions are a hot amazing mess, surprising how this comic sneaked to the top of my list.

Last edited:

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
Judging by how similar she was drawn in Marauders to the cuckoos, I assume Hellfire girl is actually another Emma clone somehow. It shouldn't have been a red issue though.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
im seeing funny panels from today's comics on twitter, are they cool to post or whats going on? says open spoilers right there in the title :/

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
E25IHChWYAYm0e5

E24SVFIWQAE-TNS

Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty much my list as well. Honestly, from Cable upwards, pretty much everything is great.

Hellions has been way, way more fun than it has any right to be.

Yeah, X-Force and Wolverine are a bit too edgy for me, and the bottom 4 are just kind of "eh" but I love everything else. Fallen Angels is in the trash where it belongs

Oct 25, 2017
I'd prefer dark beast also why is Marauders a red issue, and who was that girl the 5 took over. Everyone has been on point so far tho and Hellions is beyond amazing

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Maruaders was great. I loved seeing all the little interactions at the Gala-especially anything with The Thing.

Oct 25, 2017
Were we supposed to take something from the last few pages of that issue or was it just a throw back to the first gala (or might it have something to do with Phoenix since that's when that whole saga started...god i hope not)

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Were we supposed to take something from the last few pages of that issue or was it just a throw back to the first gala (or might it have something to do with Phoenix since that's when that whole saga started...god i hope not)
It's a reprint of a side story from Classic X-Men 7. It was Lourdes first appearance (the woman Shaw mentioned last time) and rhe first appearance of the Hellfire Gala.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
meanwhile, 3 months ago...

X-Men #18

- Finally Laura, Synch and Darwin's adventures in the vault!
- Remind me again why the AI in the Vault looks and acts so much as the AI in Maker's Future city from back in Ultimates? Is that just a coincidence or is there something there?
- Day 1 goes tits up quite fast and things get messy fast as the trio face off against the children of the vault.
- Really liked the issue is told from Synch's POV, dude is criminally underrated.
- Nothing much else happens in the issue strangely, I guess they don't escape until next issue, oh well.

Wolverine #10

- yay for Kubert being back.
- Logan and Maverick get the fuck outta that weird auction and it all looks fantastic because Kubert is the goat.
- With his memories restored, Maverick decides to mock Logan and Krakoa by calling it all a big ol cult (hey we said the same to be fair)
- Bit of a nothing issue tbh, this little Maverick arc seemed completely pointless. Pretty tho.

New Mutants #16

- This stuff with the Shadow King and the kids continues to be quite creepy.
- Magik continues to be a badass.
- Mad King Jamie is always fun.
- Dani and Karma's adventures in Otherworld is something I did not know I needed.
- the stuff with Rhane and her son is actually pretty sad :(
- this was surprisingly my favorite book of the three huh.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm not super current with everything at the moment, had no interest in X of Swords and just waited for the books on Marvel Unlimited, but I plan to check out the Hellfire Gala stuff this month. Any reason why Jean Grey specifically greets an A.I.M. agent? Can't think of many instances of Jean interacting with A.I.M., so I figure something recent I missed, because it can't be a call back to something this far back and obscure right?

RjHexib.jpg

a6Qp3B7.jpg

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
That's Ned. He was in the recent Giant Sized X-Men series. I think Fantomex hired him as part of a team to infiltrate the World-or was helping to save Storm-and he was very chill and became friendly with the X-Men

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
That's Ned. He was in the recent Giant Sized X-Men series. I think Fantomex hired him as part of a team to infiltrate the World-or was helping to save Storm-and he was very chill and became friendly with the X-Men

Ah, thanks for that...just checked out the Storm issue of the Giant Sized X-Men series. I wouldn't have made a connection because Jean(and Emma) are at the very start of the issue, is gone by the time he, Storm, Fantomex, Monet etc head into The World. They don't interact directly or even see each other

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, thanks for that...just checked out the Storm issue of the Giant Sized X-Men series. I wouldn't have made a connection because Jean(and Emma) are at the very start of the issue, is gone by the time he, Storm, Fantomex, Monet etc head into The World. They don't interact directly or even see each other
He's in the Storm issue and the Fantomex issue.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Oh for those not in the know. In the reprint of the first Hellfire Gala story with Lourdes, Tessa is Sage.

She was basically Shaw's assistant and back them was just a computer mind. She would develop more in the 90s X-Man comic and would become the character we all know as Sage Claremont's Xtreme X-Men comic.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Why would he be?

None of the Hellions except Sinister, Havok and Psylocke were invited either and Empath, Scalp hunter, Nanny and Orphan Maker are ACTUAL mutants

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
He's Rogue, Logan and Domino's buddy at the very least.
"Buddy" in quotes.

Logan hates him. Period.

He's Rogue's ex and she's married now.

Domino was kidnapped by Deadpool's late girlfriend and was replaced for who knows how long?

Not a lot of reason to have him there.

Also even if he could have been invited, Emma would say "NO!" so hard it would stop drug, alcohol and smoking for three months around the world.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
The big foreshadowing intended by Marauders didn't really work for me but the 2 following issue got me hyped for what is coming. This Rashomon thing could work out here.

Mr Paptimus

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if the "fireworks" are them revealing their resurrection process. In universe people don't know about it yet and That seems like it could generate the reactions we see (diplomats freaked out, dr strange stunned, cap upset).

Basically the mutants telling the world don't even bother killing us, well just come back.