• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I always wondered if her possible 11th life is just being resurrected on Krakoa...
Yeah, like I said earlier, I believe any resolution to the overarching plot set in HoX/PoX will center on Moira being somehow taken out of the game, so that her death doesn't reset the timeline, and I could see something like Moira being powered down or depowered and resurrecting on Krakoa.

That or three years from now, an editor will decide to reboot X-books, and they'll kill off Moira and tell us the X-Men we really knew all along were her 11th life to retcon the whole thing. I'm already hating it as I type it, but I assume that's actually an out Hickman gave himself and the powers that be.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
which is weird. So she finds out about the phalanx in life 6.

Tries to eliminate the sentinel program (and AI in general?) by killing the Trasks in life 7- fails when she finds a wild Master Mold facility that Trask didn't build.
Dies in a failed prison escape in life 8.
Says "fuck it, guess I'll try teaming up with Apocalypse" in Life 9, gets as far as acquiring origin files on Nimrod, commits suicide by wolverine.
Ten is the last ditch effort because life 11 is only a "possibility" per Destiny.
i mean, it's not really weird. The phalanx isn't really the big reveal of life 6, though it definitely plays a part. It's Homo Novissima and how humans use machines as a way to buy time until they "evolve" and take over. So Moira spends her remaining lives trying to avoid that. First going after the machines, which fails, then after the humans with magneto, which also fails, and finally decides to team up with Apoc and at some point in life 9 decides to instead focus on preparing for life 10 and her Big Plan.

Naphu

Apr 6, 2018
i mean, it's not really weird. The phalanx isn't really the big reveal of life 6, though it definitely plays a part. It's Homo Novissima and how humans use machines as a way to buy time until they "evolve" and take over. So Moira spends her remaining lives trying to avoid that. First going after the machines, which fails, then after the humans with magneto, which also fails, and finally decides to team up with Apoc and at some point in life 9 decides to instead focus on preparing for life 10 and her Big Plan.
It definitely makes sense for her to go after Novissimas in lives 7-9 since by the time the Phalanx get there, post-humans have already won a long time ago and it's a threat her mortal hands can actually affect. But the reveal that Type O civilizations (like Dominions) exist outside of space-time put them as a dual threat as it directly counters her powers and I wouldn't be surprised if she did give some thought as to how to resist them. Or maybe I should say I would be disappointed if she didn't. I wonder if Krakoa's outer-space aspirations play into that.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
It definitely makes sense for her to go after Novissimas in lives 7-9 since by the time the Phalanx get there, post-humans have already won a long time ago and it's a threat her mortal hands can actually affect. But the reveal that Type O civilizations (like Dominions) exist outside of space-time put them as a dual threat as it directly counters her powers and I wouldn't be surprised if she did give some thought as to how to resist them. Or maybe I should say I would be disappointed if she didn't. I wonder if Krakoa's outer-space aspirations play into that.
Oh yeah for sure

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Probably also important to keep in mind the post humans in that life deliberately brought the phalanx to them, with no post humans seeking new paths to artificial evolution the phalanx wouldn't have come (at that time at least).

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Krakoa's outer-space aspirations play into that.
They wouldn't have teleported past the Far Shore into The Outside if it didn't play a part. We already know that Dominions pale in comparison to Galactus, and Galactus is on par and yet pales in comparison to Abstracts, and Abstracts and other metatextual entities exist past the Far Shore, well beyond the standard confines of the multiverse that Dominions would be in between (they probably sit somewhere either in or above the Superflow if I were to guess), so anything that get, materials or knowledge wise, from Outside, would benefit them in staving off Dominion type civilizations.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
X-Men #20 finally reveals the redacted upcoming series.

KIwXgAh.png

I'm genuinely surprised they brought Nimrod online so early in the run, but I like the poetic nature of how the X-Men arguably contribute to why it is how it is. I love self-fulfilling prophecies.

Also, I know no fan ever gets tired of talking about how much of a dick Xavier is, but at this point he's probably earned his own Superdickery knockoff.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

KIwXgAh.png

Also, I know no fan ever gets tired of talking about how much of a dick Xavier is, but at this point he's probably earned his own Superdickery knockoff.

ok so I swear to god I was going to be making this post yesterday:

"hey guys that CBH youtuber I linked a few times has a alot of videos where he predicts Inferno 2 even this year, is there something about that or is he just pulling shit out of his ass?"

these were from months ago (4 and 5) so did he pick up on clues I simply didnt in the hickman era, is he an insider, was it heavily rumoured?

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't get too hung up on the name tbh, as it looks like it will be about Mystique finally doing what Destiny predicted.

Great issue, if infuriatingly predictable. I guess it's a form of dramatic irony to know that if they had acted even a day sooner the outcome would have been vastly different. But I'm glad they're tackling this now rather than later.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017

"hey guys that CBH youtuber I linked a few times has a alot of videos where he predicts Inferno 2 even this year, is there something about that or is he just pulling shit out of his ass?"

these were from months ago (4 and 5) so did he pick up on clues I simply didnt in the hickman era, is he an insider, was it heavily rumoured?

there were LOTS of nods and hints from the very beginning

sven

Oct 31, 2017
Maybe I'll read the original Inferno after I'm caught up on MU.

Just read SWORD #1. Much of it was jibberish to me. Hopefully it gets dumber or I get smarter very soon.

Last edited:

Link25ca

Oct 25, 2017
I wrote this is in main comic thread but giving it more time, I feel that X-Men 20 was much more revealing for the future than I first thought.

Mystique could have bombed Nimrod and the scientists sooner and instead watched the transfer of the Husband into Nimrod. She is going to betray the mutants and reach a deal with the humans and give Destiny a machine body. In exchange, She'll give the humans access to the back up copies allowing Nimrod/Sentinels to become stronger and potentially stopping the resurrections protocols.

Oct 25, 2017
Boy that escalated quickly, while I can't wait to see what Mystique does while brining Charles and Erik down a peg, I hope this doesn't mean we're about to reset the x-men again and move away from Krakoa

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wrote this is in main comic thread but giving it more time, I feel that X-Men 20 was much more revealing for the future than I first thought.

Mystique could have bombed Nimrod and the scientists sooner and instead watched the transfer of the Husband into Nimrod. She is going to betray the mutants and reach a deal with the humans and give Destiny a machine body. In exchange, She'll give the humans access to the back up copies allowing Nimrod/Sentinels to become stronger and potentially stopping the resurrections protocols.
She hates humans just as much as she loves Destiny. This ain't happening.

Boy that escalated quickly, while I can't wait to see what Mystique does while brining Charles and Erik down a peg,
I am absolutely positive they know she's going to do some shit. I don't think they'll get out unscathed but I don't think this is gonna be some one-sided Mystique gets her revenge plot.

Oct 26, 2017
Why the heck was Karma resurrected missing a leg???

That... is a really good question. How *did* Karma lose her leg in the first place?

I am absolutely positive they know she's going to do some shit. I don't think they'll get out unscathed but I don't think this is gonna be some one-sided Mystique gets her revenge plot.

It would be an incredible oversight for Xavier to have no idea what she's planning, so yeah, I assume they have a counter for her.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also they either need to stop bringing up No-Girl or give her a good reason not to crucible, they're not going to bring her back because not having a body is her whole gimmick and she looks completely indistinct from the Cuckoo sisters when she has one.

Thanks guys, yeah her missing a leg post resurrection is (hopefully) an artist error.

It very clearly isn't, they hide the leg in the birthing shot and then show it when she's in the towel. It's not a thing anyone would miss or accidentally draw.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Also they either need to stop bringing up No-Girl or give her a good reason not to crucible, they're not going to bring her back because not having a body is her whole gimmick and she looks completely indistinct from the Cuckoo sisters when she has one.
Which does remind me I wish the Cuckoo sisters would go back to individualizing their looks.

Oct 26, 2017

I guess she can't really fight back in a way that doesn't end with her winning.

Link25ca

Oct 25, 2017

There is a a specific line about the implications of the transfer and how Mystique finds that important. Combined with how she could have bombed everything much earlier and instead watched to see if it would work and how much she hates Xavier and Magento the most right now, I could totally see some version of a deal being reached.

Oct 26, 2017

It very clearly isn't, they hide the leg in the birthing shot and then show it when she's in the towel. It's not a thing anyone would miss or accidentally draw.

Given Anole seems to have developed a tail, who knows?

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
eh, as displayed the Xavier/Mystique stuff is boringly predictable, her doing something crazy like reviving Destiny through the Nimrod method would be cool.

also she could've assassinated scientist whatsherface way back in #6 or whatever but didn't, maybe she picked up on something

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

The only stuff that I noticed that could be seen as teasing another Inferno event is the stuff in Hellions. Especially the beginning with Mady and Sinister's secret clone stuff.

But the stuff with Destiny and Mystique has been there since the very beginning of Hickman's X-Men.

I do really want to read the original Inferno again now lol. Just waiting for the omni!

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

KIwXgAh.png
Theres a baby coming out of an egg on the right, under the NO of INFERNO. Emma is in the NO, with Magento talking to someone else in the IN, and Mystique in the FER.

If Inferno is the name of the next Hickman book, I hope its another 12 issue maxi like HoxPox. If it is an on-going, then I really dont want another book full of just one off issues again.

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
It seems like Moira has been built into something so cosmically important that sooner or later one one of the multiversal heavyweights is going to wade into the X-Books looking for Moira, right? Like Beyonder might have something to say about her causing things to restart so many times, or Living Tribunnal being the one who dictates whether or not she gets an 11th try.

Oct 26, 2017
Theres a baby coming out of an egg on the right, under the NO of INFERNO. Emma is in the NO, with Magento talking to someone else in the IN, and Mystique in the FER.

If Inferno is the name of the next Hickman book, I hope its another 12 issue maxi like HoxPox. If it is an on-going, then I really dont want another book full of just one off issues again.

The baby reminds me of Moira from HOX/POX.

It seems like Moira has been built into something so cosmically important that sooner or later one one of the multiversal heavyweights is going to wade into the X-Books looking for Moira, right? Like Beyonder might have something to say about her causing things to restart so many times, or Living Tribunnal being the one who dictates whether or not she gets an 11th try.

The Beyonder(s) are dead.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering if Inferno would reference it's namesake and involves baby Cable and Maddy? Maybe that's who the baby is.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, letting it simmer a bit, if everything is as it appears, the whole thing makes Charles, Erik, and Moira look incompetent, in that they've built a house of cards that relies on Mystique, the wife of the one woman Moira wants to avoid. It's not necessarily out of character for Charles and Erik tbh, but I could see how this was something they actually wanted to play out. So, 4D chess or they're morons lol

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering if Inferno would reference it's namesake and involves baby Cable and Maddy? Maybe that's who the baby is.
It being a baby Cable would make a lot of sense. He was an infant during the original Inferno event lol. And his on-going is ending with the Hellfire Gala, and the OG-Cable is also being teased to show up in the end.

If it is baby-Cable, please give me Hope raising him lol. Even as a cool aunt or something, since Jean and Scott.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Karma still has a missing leg because the X-Office is having an uncomfortable time attempting to deal with the fact that the resurrection protocols should theoretically mean no mutant should have any form of disability. Hell, if they have issues with how their body or appearance it should be an easily fixable problem.

I know New Mutants is trying to address that fact but there's no real way to handle it well.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Karma still has a missing leg because the X-Office is having an uncomfortable time attempting to deal with the fact that the resurrection protocols should theoretically mean no mutant should have any form of disability. Hell, if they have issues with how their body or appearance it should be an easily fixable problem.

I know New Mutants is trying to address that fact but there's no real way to handle it well.

The X-office isn't having an uncomfortable time with this at all. There is a data page in X-force dedicated to nothing but Quentin Quire making nonsensical requests for cosmetic adjustments to his body on resurrection. They can absolutely do it (and have been for Quire).

There was also the question that came up when resurrecting Omega Red- again in X-force. They conceded they could easily resurrect him and adjust his body so it wasn't dependent on the carbonadium synthesizer, which is a *huge* issue for that guy since apparently he'll die without one.

Karma's leg isn't really a disability, since her bionic robot leg doesn't actually impair her ability to do anything- it works as well as a regular one. If it didn't forge could just build her one since IIRC that guy also has a bionic leg and bionic hand and nobody considers him disabled. Something like Whiz Kid still being in a wheelchair if he were resurrected after being killed absolutely would be though. Especially since Xavier was in-and-out of a wheelchair using clone bodies for years.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
It being a baby Cable would make a lot of sense. He was an infant during the original Inferno event lol. And his on-going is ending with the Hellfire Gala, and the OG-Cable is also being teased to show up in the end.

If it is baby-Cable, please give me Hope raising him lol. Even as a cool aunt or something, since Jean and Scott.
Actually I take it back. It looks like Moira and the baby looks like she did in utero when she was reborn.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing Emma in the promo art is interesting with how she seems to be up to some shit. I can see her try to "take control" of Krakoa seeing how she already controls the votes of her table, could get Mystique to align with her and maybe the X-Men table if she spills the beans on the lies of X and Mags.

For the children, obviously.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder what Mags and Chuck's plan was that they were hinting at that caused them to go straight to Moira.

Oct 25, 2017

I would hope so but Erik and Charles are found up their own ass often enough