• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
X-Factor #7

- Damn this book is horny!
- Daken trails Siryn, too bad Morrigan catches on and FUCKS HIM UP.
- Tomym fanboying over Northstar is funny.
- Aurora tells Daken to ask Northstar about his time in "Nate Gray's fale utopia" and then Daken says both his little sisters (I guess Laura and Gabby?) were also in there, what's that about?
- Whoa, suddenly half the team is dead somehow, whut?

Hellions #9

- Good job getting poisoned by Mastermind Sinister, it's almost like you shouldn't trust other villains.
- Seems Orphan-Maker was also changed from his Arakko death. This bit wtih him and Nanny is great. Has Nanny ever been seen without her egg armor?
- LOL at nobody giving a fuck when Sage tells them Sinister was kidnapped.
- Mastermind taking out the entire team is kinda badass.
- Oh shit Arcade? Alright then.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Hellions #9

- Good job getting poisoned by Mastermind Sinister, it's almost like you shouldn't trust other villains.
- Seems Orphan-Maker was also changed from his Arakko death. This bit wtih him and Nanny is great. Has Nanny ever been seen without her egg armor?
- LOL at nobody giving a fuck when Sage tells them Sinister was kidnapped.
- Mastermind taking out the entire team is kinda badass.
- Oh shit Arcade? Alright then.
Oooh cool stuff coming up. Confirm?

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
- Aurora tells Daken to ask Northstar about his time in "Nate Gray's fale utopia" and then Daken says both his little sisters (I guess Laura and Gabby?) were also in there, what's that about?
that was the Age of X-Man mini event, where Nate Grey created a new pocket universe with only mutants and rewrote their memories. There were no religions or anything, love was forbidden, and people were birthed from pods (lol), so everyone forgot about their loved ones and their relationships and stuff, which messed people up.
Northstar was part of the X-Tremists, pretty much supercops
Gabby and Lorna were in Prisoner-X, they were in jail for whatever reason
Eye-Boy was part of Apocalypse's gang of rebels.
and Laura was part of that reality's X-Men

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
I hope so too, X-Factor is one of my top three ongoings through the Noun of X run. It would be a major pity to cut it off like this, especially since we've only seen them do what, two actual investigations?
I haven't thought of it but it sounds like a no brainer now that you've mentioned it. Whatever trouble Magneto is going to be in will reveal itself at the Gala. I just hope it's not something as mundane as "you got this island without any legal docs or permits lol."

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't thought of it but it sounds like a no brainer now that you've mentioned it. Whatever trouble Magneto is going to be in will reveal itself at the Gala. I just hope it's not something as mundane as "you got this island without any legal docs or permits lol."

Given the chalk outlines, I think we can safely assume it's murder. :P

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The press release has already spoiled the basis for the trial.

www.marvel.com

A Shocking Murder at the Hellfire Gala Leads into... The Trial of Magneto

Discover a startling mutant mystery in writer Leah Williams and artist Lucas Werneck’s game-changing series!

Reposting my French vanilla fantasy prediction:
Magneto kills Wanda during the gala.
The Council is reluctantly ready to pit him for killing a human (Krakoa's second law), but then someone points out that Wanda was technically considered a mutant for most of her life.
His trial then hinges on X-Factor investigating Wanda's past and present to determine whether she really is a mutant after all, which would negate the law.

I think that would be a great way to address the bizarre Wanda retcon, which was almost certainly an editorial move due to the Disney vs Fox film politics of the time, and maybe even shake up Krakoa's weird cultish Pretender teachings.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

www.marvel.com

Discover a startling mutant mystery in writer Leah Williams and artist Lucas Werneck’s game-changing series!

The Council is reluctantly ready to pit him for killing a human (Krakoa's second law), but then someone points out that Wanda was technically considered a mutant for most of her life.
His trial then hinges on X-Factor investigating Wanda's past and present to determine whether she really is a mutant after all, which would negate the law.

I think that would be a great way to address the bizarre Wanda retcon, which was almost certainly an editorial move due to the Disney vs Fox film politics of the time, and maybe even shake up Krakoa's weird cultish Pretender teachings.

I find this unlikely, given that Wanda is still running around alive and well as the Silver Witch during Heroes Reborn.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I find this unlikely, given that Wanda is still running around alive and well as the Silver Witch during Heroes Reborn.
Heroes Reborn is an alternate universe, isn't it? It wouldn't be affected by anything that happened here.

And even so, being a mutant would qualify her for resurrection.

Oct 26, 2017
Bringing Wanda back into the fold serves no real purpose, especially after underlining her fuckups with the Empyre tie-in.

With that said, making Franklin human also served no real purpose and here we are.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

www.marvel.com

This completely ignores Pietro, which always gives away the game to me. People do not care about those two characters, they just Wanda to be his daughter again because that's what they're used to. Anyways it's not her that's dead, I don't know how you guys can be as cynical as you are sometimes and not think about how the MCU solidified Wanda as a magic based character and cross brand synergy. The next big Scarlet Witch thing is gonna be a Darkholde arc and it's all gonna be sorcerory from then on.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Heroes Reborn is an alternate universe, isn't it? It wouldn't be affected by anything that happened here.

And even so, being a mutant would qualify her for resurrection.

Doesn't appear to be. It's changes made to 616, likely due to stuff mephisto is doing in partnership with Phil Coulson. Aaron has been dropping breadcrumbs for that since the beginning of his run.

Blade remains unchanged like Bishop remained unchanged during AoA. Despite the name, this is an AoA Homage more than a Heroes Reborn redo.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
This completely ignores Pietro, which always gives away the game to me. People do not care about those two characters, they just Wanda to be his daughter again because that's what they're used to. Anyways it's not her that's dead, I don't know how you guys can be as cynical as you are sometimes and not think about how the MCU solidified Wanda as a magic based character and cross brand synergy. The next big Scarlet Witch thing is gonna be a Darkholde arc and it's all gonna be sorcerory from then on.

Agree completely. Mutant kind isn't thrilled with Wanda but i don't see anybody going out of their way to kill her- especially not Magneto. There was a data page a few issues back that had him sending jokey emails to her asking her to come back.

This is something else. If i had to take a stab at it, i think the dude who is currently (and secretly) the Red Skull gets exposed at the ball and Magneto kills him over his participation in the holocaust (edit: AND the mutant concentration camps he set up after stealing Xavier's brain in AXIS) - especially since Magneto did nearly the same exact thing during Acts of Vengeance when he buried the skull alive.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Agree completely. Mutant kind isn't thrilled with Wanda but i don't see anybody going out of their way to kill her- especially not Magneto. There was a data page a few issues back that had him sending jokey emails to her asking her to come back.

This is something else. If i had to take a stab at it, i think the dude who is currently (and secretly) the Red Skull gets exposed at the ball and Magneto kills him over his participation in the holocaust- especially since Magneto did nearly the same exact thing during Acts of Vengeance when he buried the skull alive.
Honestly good for him if he does manage to do that.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Honestly good for him if he does manage to do that.

I edited my comment to include the mutant concentration camps Skull set up during AXIS after he stole Xavier's brain.

Magneto killed him on the spot for THAT too but because he had Xavier's powers at the time murdering him released "red onslaught."

If there's any human that is on the "oh yeah Magneto would murder that guy without hesitation" list, it's Red Skull. He's currently masquerading as a wealthy jordan Peterson esque alt-right personality.

I believe Selene Gallio knows who he is, even if a telepath doesn't expose him.

Not saying it IS him that's the victim, but its way more likely than Erik killing Wanda.

Last edited:

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I edited my comment to include the mutant concentration camps Skull set up during AXIS after he stole Xavier's brain.

Magneto killed him on the spot for THAT too but because he had Xavier's powers at the time murdering him released "red onslaught."

If there's any human that is on the "oh yeah Magneto would murder that guy without hesitation" list, it's Red Skull. He's currently masquerading as a wealthy jordan Peterson esque alt-right personality.

I believe Selene Gallio knows who he is, even if a telepath doesn't expose him.

Not saying it IS him that's the victim, but its way more likely than Erik killing Wanda.
That makes a lot of sense, although it feels unearned if the major event of the Hellfire Gala is something that doesn't come from a development in an X-related series.

To be honest, the Wanda idea is just a means to an end of reversing that stupid retcon. I also can't think of any reasons for him to kill her unless he's telepathically forced to or something.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
That makes a lot of sense, although it feels unearned if the major event of the Hellfire Gala is something that doesn't come from a development in an X-related series.

To be honest, the Wanda idea is just a means to an end of reversing that stupid retcon. I also can't think of any reasons for him to kill her unless he's telepathically forced to or something.

To be clear the Red Skull thing is just me spitballing as something that actually makes sense for Mags to do, rather than randomly murdering the woman he thought was his daughter for the last decade.

Skull is somebody he has a lot of very good reasons to kill, and whether Magneto has a defensible reason to do so isn't really black and white but lots of shades of Grey. Mags just chewed out Cortez in SWORD, citing his holocaust background in conjunction with current path of forgiveness for humanity.

That forgiveness likely wouldn't extend to Skull, who was directly involved in the concentration camps Magneto was imprisoned in as a child, AND defiled the grave and body of Xavier AND stuck a ton of mutants in concentration camps during AXIS. Magneto has (attempted) to outright murder Skull twice for both of these events, which is extreme even for him.

Skull should *probably* be dealt with in the Captain America books (and probably will be), but the premise behind the gala is Krakoa throwing open the gates to humankind for the first time since inception.

The list of notable *humans* (or non mutant post humans) introduced in the X-books (especially those that would be invited to Krakoa *and* show up) is still pretty short at this point.

Skull (in his current guise as an influential member of the power elite and famous media personality) fits that bill pretty well- especially since Selene Gallio was the one who resurrected him AND Selene is a member of the Power Elite alongside Skull AND Selene was the one who murdered Hydra Cap (presumably in cooperation with Skull) AND was the one who (accidentally) restored the youth of Sharon Carter AND mind controlled a town full of people in the Cap books.

Basically Selene has been all over the Captain America books as a prime mover. It's not an X-book but i always did think that was more than a little strange.

Last edited:

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Find out next time in the final, concluding issue of X-Factor
ff9a3c5b50a4115b50a23a69dc8cd7b3.jpg

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
HOW DO YOU LOOK AT THOSE TAPESTRY PAGES IN XFACTOR TODAY AND NOT RECOGNIZE BALDEON AS THE GOAT, GODDAMN

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Look at the way Baldeón seamlessly depicts Prestige dipping in and out of the mindscape and all the other wild shit happening in this issue alone and tell me X-Factor has bad art

You people are insane

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Look at the way Baldeón seamlessly depicts Prestige dipping in and out of the mindscape and all the other wild shit happening in this issue alone and tell me X-Factor has bad art

You people are insane
For me it's just the way he draws faces. I can't get past that. I guess this is like when people tell me they don't like Frank Quitely.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
X-Factor was a bit weird, not my favorite issue.

Children of the Atom is dragging the mistery. I need a bit of answers before I lost interest.

X-Corp. Wind dancer being a director after her stunt in Mojoverse is cool. Someone using Trinary is a good thing, glad she's here. Not really fond of the art, and honeslty I didn't liked this book that much.

Weak week imo.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
since I really enjoy this dude and you guys have been speculating about the Trial of Magneto, here you go

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
X-Corp didn't grab me the way that SWORD did with its first issue. But Madrox is my favorite X-Man so I'm in.

I'm done with Children of the Atom. Not my thing.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
X-Corp was an OK intro. I'm not really sure where it's going tbh, other than banter between the board members. At least the characters sort of gel together, which is more than I can say for Excalibur's roster.

Children of the Atom is also just fine. It's not great, but I was much closer to dropping Excalibur multiple times, so if I can keep on that, I can keep on this. At least for now.

Oct 25, 2017

You people are insane

Yeah I really don't get the complaints, and I can't imagine being so turned off by it that it ruins the whole book. But whatever. They can have their opinions and we can have our facts

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Is Hellfire Gala going to be another X of Swords type crossover where you need to read every book? I'm just reading X-Men, Marauders, New Mutants, Cable, Hellions, and SWORD right now.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Is Hellfire Gala going to be another X of Swords type crossover where you need to read every book? I'm just reading X-Men, Marauders, New Mutants, Cable, Hellions, and SWORD right now.

"need" is subjective but yes, its 1 month long event and each part is in each book, just like X of Swords.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Wouldn't she be able to pass through the gates then?

Yep. Theory fails for that reason.

Also weird that the kids think they SHOULD be mutants, which wouldn't be the case if their powers only worked when they wore the suits.

The issue seems to spell it out- someone invented technology that splices human and mutant DNA to create hybrids. Cole is a result of that process which was responsible for his recovery. Cole (and presumably everyone else) are proto-chimeras, though its human DNA being spliced with mutant DNA instead of two mutants. Why would anyone do this? Probably as a test before the 1.0 Chimeras (mutant DNA spliced with a second mutant) are produced.

"Arthur" is probably not who he appears to be, and his rhetoric about being "fit to survive" is weirdly similar to the stuff Apocalypse used to say. Its obviously not En Sabah Nur but the reference seems intentional.

The kids having powers that all seem to be (weaker?) copies of existing mutants seems to back this up.

The process doesn't seem to be flawless though- Cole is sweating all through that dinner when no one else is, and the girl (whose name i can't recall) seems to be getting sick and having a bad reaction. Their bodies may be rejecting the process or mutating further.

Also: no need to spoiler tag in this thread. Free discussion.

Last edited: