• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
Second- he does seem to have realized that precognitives are not being resurrected (Mystique has noticed the same for similar reasons) but this is less a "Krakoan value" than it is Moira's agenda specifically, and Moira has a lot of things she's hiding even from Charles.
I don't know whether Raven has realised no precogs are being resurrected, obviously she knows they're withholding Destiny from her. It's definitely something she could realise though if she does digging. Destiny did imply the precog ban in the flashback in Xmen #6- "They want us blind for some reason" but that was years before Krakoa.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, Nemesis is actively under the influence of some fairly powerful and novel hallucinogenic fungi that are growing out of his own skull. His proposal for an R&D unit led by himself in every area from "perfection of coffee" up to "experimental murdertech" also seems to point to dangerous levels of megalomania... Especially since the law/ethics portion of R&D is suspiciously vacant as Nemesis cannot be bothered with such areas.

Point being- Nemesis isn't exactly a reliable authority here.
I did find it hilarious that the Law/Ethics post was left blank, showing he has at least the wherewithal to realise hes not right for that position, but is still too self absorbed to think of whoever else would be appropriate.

There is no inherent favoritism in Crucible either. Crucible is only available for those who willingly seek it out, and for those that do, they are able to choose the individual they face there. "Lost" here was seeking Nightcrawler because he is known to be "kindly" and (presumably) would have offered a swift and merciful death. Nightcrawler was so preoccupied with his own issues that he blew her off and missed the point entirely.
The flip side of this is that when desperation isnt much of a factor like with Lost there, the crucible is more appealing to mutants that are already tougher and more able to weather that kind of storm, as opposed to the more squeamish or violence averse mutants.
To some the crucible is absolutely a test of determination, to others its not much more that their average Wednesday given the history of many mutants lol.
Like the reason your stating is there, but there are unintended trends that will come out of it.

Second- he does seem to have realized that precognitives are not being resurrected (Mystique has noticed the same for similar reasons) but this is less a "Krakoan value" than it is Moira's agenda specifically, and Moira has a lot of things she's hiding even from Charles.
when its being reflected in ressurection policy its kind of irrelevant that it comes from Moira more than the council, and i imagine kurt would not be happy with it even with the full explanation.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I don't know whether Raven has realised no precogs are being resurrected, obviously she knows they're withholding Destiny from her. It's definitely something she could realise though if she does digging. Destiny did imply the precog ban in the flashback in Xmen #6- "They want us blind for some reason" but that was years before Krakoa.

Raven has noticed that Destiny specifically isn't being resurrected and the reasons for not doing it are bullshit. Since she's not an idiot, putting 2 and 2 together to determine Destiny's abilities are why isn't difficult.

Legion noticed blindfold wasn't being resurrected for the same reason- because he has an emotional attachment to her, as Raven does to Destiny. Being a wildly powerful omega mutant he likely has more insight into why this is than Raven did.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
The flip side of this is that when desperation isnt much of a factor like with Lost there the crucible is more appealing to mutants that are already tougher and more able to weather that kind of storm, as opposed to the more squeamish or violence averse mutants.
To some the crucible is absolutely a test of determination, to others its not much more that their average Wednesday given the history of many mutants lol

You seem confused. Crucible is only for *depowered* mutants. None of them are going to be "tougher" than anyone else, and the manner of death is always going to be excruciatingly painful. Apocalypse made this clear, magneto made this clear.

"Lost" was indeed a desperation issue since without her powers her existence was one of horrible, debilitating pain due to her body deformity. Whatever she endured in the Crucible would have been preferable.

Those that might be more inclined to "make it quick" like Storm or Nightcrawler tend to opt out.

Its not an "average Wednesday" for anybody.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
You seem confused. Crucible is only for *depowered* mutants. None of them are going to be "tougher" than anyone else, and the manner of death is always going to be excruciatingly painful. Apocalypse made this clear, magneto made this clear.

Those that might be more inclined to "make it quick" like Storm or Nightcrawler tend to opt out.

Its not an "average Wednesday" for anybody.
im aware its for depowered mutants, dont know what that has to do with it.
Do you think everyone takes the prospect of being beaten to death identically? some mutants are more used to violence than others, many are fighters and soldiers that have been through all sorts of punishment before.
I was being too cavalier i guess, im saying some mutants will find the crucible easier to step into than some other mutants, those types will get their powers back first, that is a kind of favouritism.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Crucible is absolutely engineered to get the mutants most likely to fight and die on the front lines for Krakoa back into fighting form. It does not, however, care about how powerful they are.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
im aware its for depowered mutants, dont know what that has to do with it.
Do you think everyone takes the prospect of being beaten to death identically?

Yes i do. Being beaten to death by Magneto or Apocalypse is going to be a horrible ordeal no matter who it is. Refer to the severe beating Daken got at the hands of Morrigan in X-factor, and that was DAKEN.

some mutants are more used to violence than others, many are fighters and soldiers that have been through all sorts of punishment before.

Then the punishment will be scaled to them appropriately, as it was for Calypso. Calypso of all people is the poster child for "soldier that could take punishment" but she sought Storm out specifically because Storm would have been merciful about it where Logan or similar would not have.

I was being too cavalier i guess, im saying some mutants will find the crucible easier to step into than some other mutants, those types will get their powers back first, that is a kind of favouritism.

The entire point of crucible is that it is going to be an ordeal no matter who you are. Its not a cakewalk that some people are just going to be able to tough out- unless you specifically find someone willing to take a more merciful route, as Calypso did and Lost tried to.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Crucible is absolutely engineered to get the mutants most likely to fight and die on the front lines for Krakoa back into fighting form. It does not, however, care about how powerful they are.

Agreed. Nobody is going to be going through Crucible unless they have the determination to suffer and die in an extremely public and uncomfortable manner for the right to gain back their mutation.

That won't be easy no matter who it is.

Power has nothing to do with it. Of the three people we've seen go through Crucible so far, none of them have abilities one would consider combat useful. Its simply about strength of spirit and/or desperation to no longer live that way.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Yes i do. Being beaten to death by Magneto or Apocalypse is going to be a horrible ordeal no matter who it is. Refer to the severe beating Daken got at the hands of Morrigan in X-factor, and that was DAKEN.

Then the punishment will be scaled to them appropriately, as it was for Calypso. Calypso of all people is the poster child for "soldier that could take punishment" but she sought Storm out specifically because Storm would have been merciful about it where Logan or similar would not have.

The entire point of crucible is that it is going to be an ordeal no matter who you are. Its not a cakewalk that some people are just going to be able to tough out- unless you specifically find someone willing to take a more merciful route, as Calypso did and Lost tried to.
well alright then, we have vastly different ideas on how people respond to being hurt and being willing to be hurt.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. Nobody isn't going to be going through Crucible unless they have the determination to suffer and die in an extremely public and uncomfortable manner for the right to gain back their mutation.

Power has nothing to do with it. Of the three people we've seen go through Crucible so far, none of them have abilities one would consider combat useful. Its simply about strength of spirit and/or desperation to no longer live that way.
wait so you do see how some will take to it differently?
thats exactly what i was talking about lol.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
wait so you do see how some will take to it differently?
thats exactly what i was talking about lol.

The point was that Calypso did NOT take to it differently and was desperate to find any other way to avoid being slashed to ribbons in crucible like everyone else.

Her "toughness" meant nothing. She was terrified.

Its strength of spirit, not body that determines if someone successfully completes crucible. Refer back to the original issue with Apocalypse, who repeatedly offered to stop the beating and the pain and allow the supplicant to live in paradise regardless. If they aren't suffering, it isn't Crucible.

They have to WANT a painful death, and it WILL be drawn out no matter who they are.

Calypso got a cheat to avoid all that because she was terrified and likely wasn't strong enough despite being a "soldier" who fights all the time.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
im back after getting completely sidetracked by Immortal Hulk (can you blame me tho, that shit was AMAZING). Anyway back to X-Men

X-Men #3

- you can totally see Hickman getting into his groove, this was by far the most Hickman-esque writing the book had so far.
- a bunch of old lady botanist as villains was not something I saw coming. And it gave us this:

j8VXxP3.jpg

- old ladies actually suceeding their mission, after kicking Shaw and Cyke's asses and leaving with what they wanted was funny.
- easily my favorite issue so far.

Marauder #3

- more Sebastian Shaw, as the whole issue is basically about him bringing back Shinobi.
- complete set up issue with Shaw trying to establish his own foothold on the council vs Emma having Kitty there, I didn't mind it, but there was no actual marauder people in it, which was weird.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
im back after getting completely sidetracked by Immortal Hulk (can you blame me tho, that shit was AMAZING). Anyway back to X-Men

X-Men #3

- you can totally see Hickman getting into his groove, this was by far the most Hickman-esque writing the book had so far.
- a bunch of old lady botanist as villains was not something I saw coming. And it gave us this:

- old ladies actually suceeding their mission, after kicking Shaw and Cyke's asses and leaving with what they wanted was funny.
- easily my favorite issue so far.

Marauder #3

- more Sebastian Shaw, as the whole issue is basically about him bringing back Shinobi.
- complete set up issue with Shaw trying to establish his own foothold on the council vs Emma having Kitty there, I didn't mind it, but there was no actual marauder people in it, which was weird.

Hordeculture are definitely out there as a villain choice. They don't get used again until Empyre: X-men which is unfortunate because that book is just bizarre.

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
It was bizarre, and yet gave that event the exact amount of seriousness it deserved, which is to say very little.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Way of X #1 was fantastic and ask the questions many of us are having.

Also, Kurt is my favorite X-Man ever.
His confussion and pain are well represented there.

Excelent book. Really.

Oct 25, 2017
Boy Way of X was something, amazing book, I want to get a print copy because it was so good, and xforce and sword were fun as well, good week.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I'm 100% on the "Way of X #1 is fantastic" bandwagon. Wherever Si takes this book, I'm in for the long haul.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Man. Way of X exceeded every expectation. This is the X Book I've been waiting on since HoxPox. I wanted to see someone wrestling with the morals of all of this and Kurt is the perfect choice.

What happened with Pixie was the perfect thing to kick this off. It's such a disturbing thing to happen and yet everyone seems to just roll with it. There is something inherently wrong with treating your life with such disrespect simply because you can be brought back.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
speaking of morals, I heard there was supposed to be some sort of trial by combat to see which mutants were worthy of ressurection or something but that hasn't come to be yet, excited about that fuckiness.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I guess we might find out next issue going by solicits, but I wonder if the Patchwork Man is connected to the lost memories between the backup and death. All those memories of dying in some kind of evil entity or something.

Like I wonder if the mutants would be so cavalier about death if they could actually remember their moment of death and that exact experience and the pain that comes with it.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I guess we might find out next issue going by solicits, but I wonder if the Patchwork Man is connected to the lost memories between the backup and death. All those memories of dying in some kind of evil entity or something.

Like I wonder if the mutants would be so cavalier about death if they could actually remember their moment of death and that exact experience and the pain that comes with it.

The patchwork man is Legion.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
That's how I took it too.

It was pretty explicit about it.

"Cerebro is quite certain its an Omega Mutant."
"and now the children speak of a patchwork man."
"yes, yes i see it. A candidate somewhat does come to mind."
"If its who i THINK it is? He's too unpredictable. The Council would send some clumsy team to go fetch him and then he'd...react."
"You must try to understand, Kurt. Ive dedicated my life to causes that eclipse the drive of Kith and Kin. I'm proud of what I've done, but i cannot deny I've been an abysmal father."

"NEXT: His name is Legion for he is many."

One thing about Crucible is isn't just about getting personal power back, but a sense of legitimacy in mutant society. The mutants organizing Crucible are sending the message that if you don't have powers, you aren't a fully worthy member of the culture. Xavier says "Krakoa is for all mutants". But Crucible says "you don't get Krakoa, not really, unless you sacrifice yourself." Crucible is means testing for what all mutants are supposed to be given freely.

As part of that, it is also spreading the notion that if you aren't willing to die for mutants/Krakoa, you don't deserve respect. It's kinda more dangerous that Crucible isn't about power levels. It is not for brave mutant warriors to prove they're willing to fight for mutants. It's seeing who will volunteer to get slaughtered even if they're not built to be a warrior or fighter.

QUOTE="TarpitCarnivore, post: 63416487, member: 238"]
Way of X came out swinging and I'm all for something exploring the morality of what Xavier is doing.
[/QUOTE]
Well, somebody needs to explore Charles Xavier's morality because Charles Xavier sure isn't going to do it! *roll on snare drum*

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
One thing about Crucible is isn't just about getting personal power back, but a sense of legitimacy in mutant society. The mutants organizing Crucible are sending the message that if you don't have powers, you aren't a fully worthy member of the culture. Xavier says "Krakoa is for all mutants". But Crucible says "you don't get Krakoa, not really, unless you sacrifice yourself." Crucible is means testing for what all mutants are supposed to be given freely.

As part of that, it is also spreading the notion that if you aren't willing to die for mutants/Krakoa, you don't deserve respect. It's kinda more dangerous that Crucible isn't about power levels. It is not for brave mutant warriors to prove they're willing to fight for mutants. It's seeing who will volunteer to get slaughtered even if they're not built to be a warrior or fighter.

This is the exact opposite of what Crucible is. Go back to Xmen #7. Kurt explains why he's uncomfortable with the concept (because it involves death and violence, basically) but ALSO concedes that Crucible exists because council was faced with a problem.

What happens if one million depowered mutants decided to all kill themselves tomorrow (via taking a bunch of pills, falling asleep in the garage with the car running, or straight up eating a bullet) in order to get their powers back?

It would present a tremendous problem for The Five in drastically expanding the already-really-freaking-long resurrection queue, and Council doesn't want a mass epidemic of mutant suicide.

This is echoed in the words of Apocalypse the same issue.

"look around you. Look closely. These are people willing to fight to the very last one to preserve our way of life. And this is why we *do not accept* those like you simply killing themselves to be reborn as something better. Its surrender. And those days are behind our people. Do you understand? "

Crucible exists because council anticipated a large number of ex-mutants embracing suicide as a way out- which they considered unacceptable for various reasons- and got in front of it. You kill yourself? You're not getting resurrected for a VERY long time, if ever.

Resurrection and restoration is available, but only to those with the will to fight and die for that right.

Consider again the words of Apocalypse in Xmen #7-

"You CAN live like this. Like a human. Its an existence of a sort. There is nothing wrong with it."

The depowered are free to live in paradise as they wish to the end of their natural lives on Krakoa or the Moon or Mars or Shi'ar space or whatever without penalty. They aren't second class citizens.

"We can make the pain stop. Your wounds will be healed. We have mutants that can make you whole. All you have to do is quit."

There is always a way out during crucible. If the pain is too much, the fear of death is too much, if they simply aren't a fighter- the option to stop is always there, without judgment.

" Accept this gift, you have earned it. "

Death in crucible and thus rebirth at the front of the queue is a gift that is earned by those willing to fight and die for the privilege, and by extension willing to fight and die for Krakoa. The line of mutants killed unfairly on Genosha is millions long. It is just and fair that expedient resurrection ahead of those people would be reserved for those who show determination.

And "determination" and "fighting skill" are not the same thing- "Lost" clearly was not a combatant, nor able to put up any sort of defense to Magneto when she faced him. She can barely string a sentence together.

Its not about who will "volunteer to be slaughtered" its about those for whom living as a mutant is a value above all else.

Last edited:

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
As the stories have continued on. My only real problem with Crucible is that it is also a spectator sport.

To me it feels like it should be a more private affair.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
As the stories have continued on. My only real problem with Crucible is that it is also a spectator sport.

To me it feels like it should be a more private affair.

That's a fair criticism. But resurrection is ALSO a spectator affair (Cortez aside) so it seems there's a "two sides to the same coin" business going on there.

Edit: the Calisto/Storm Crucible also indicates that if the supplicant can't find anyone on their own, they will die at the hands of a volunteer from the audience. Callisto almost lost her life to Fenris this way, a concept she found intolerable.

But again- Crucible isn't supposed to be fun, its an ordeal meant to discourage those who aren't absolutely determined.

Last edited:

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
That's a fair criticism. But resurrection is ALSO a spectator affair (Cortez aside) so it seems there's a "two sides to the same coin" business going on there.
Resurrection feels different. It's a celebration of the mutant defeat of death. Having fallen fellows returned to the fold.

The Crucible shouldn't be so much a celebration in my mind as almost a funeral. Closest friends and loved ones only.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Resurrection feels different. It's a celebration of the mutant defeat of death. Having fallen fellows returned to the fold.

The Crucible shouldn't be so much a celebration in my mind as almost a funeral. Closest friends and loved ones only.

Understood. It doesn't appear the mutants are treating it that way- and a funeral doesn't seem appropriate, given that resurrection is imminent. A funeral implies the deceased is gone, which isn't the case.

Going back to Apocalypse- death via crucible is a gift that is earned, not a time for mourning.

Have we seen any funerals or memorial services for anyone else that's died under any circumstances? I don't think we have.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I LOVE the discussions this new era of X-Book as sparked.
It has been ages since I felt this way about comic books.

In fact, I think the last time I felt this excited to read comics, was on the days of Hickman's Avengers.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I LOVE the discussions this new era of X-Book as sparked.
It has been ages since I felt this way about comic books.

In fact, I think the last time I felt this excited to read comics, was on the days of Hickman's Avengers.

Agreed there's a lot of interesting stuff here, most of which is not related to combat or the same well tread ground of Xavier vs Magneto.

Shocking that the Xbooks as a whole are so stellar here while Avengers and King in Black was such a dumpster fire

Naphu

Apr 6, 2018
Sword. Is. So. Good. Write it down, Ewing is the only author to take Hickman's data page motif and use them well. Compare it with this week's X-Force data page. It's literally just a conversation between Jean and Quentin, who had already been speaking with each other the whole issue, on the same subject they were currently talking about. Why did this need to be in a data page and not in panels? Because it was too long and boring to be in panels? Well then it's still long and boring in a data page too. Congrats Percy, you didn't solve anything by doing that. Although I will say Ewing needs to put down the sharpie because
redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted.

I was/am really disappointed that post-X of Swords, it still feels like Arakko doesn't exist. It's almost like the X-men line needed an event for the Fall, with an earth shattering event, but the over-arching storyline wasn't ready for Arakko yet so millions of new mutants are now just chilling off screen, and the rest of the Marvel universe hasn't even acknowledged them. So it's cool to see Sword start to dip it's toes in the Arakko pool with Khora of the Burning Heart.

I finally feel like Marvel has now put enough quality writers on X-men - who's style appeals to me - to really support the line. Hickman at the helm[X-Men], Zeb Wells [Hellions], Al Ewing [S.W.O.R.D.], and now Si Spurrier [Way of X]. This is the S-tier line up that makes me excited for what's to come. Warning, negative venting about the rest of the line-up:
Excalibur is boring. X-Force is rote. Marauders can be fun but is uninteresting. X-Factor hasn't done much with their interesting premise. Cable has some alright writing but plot is spinning it's wheels. Wolverine is also rote, going through the motions like X-Force but maybe slightly better?

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I was/am really disappointed that post-X of Swords, it still feels like Arakko doesn't exist. It's almost like the X-men line needed an event for the Fall, with an earth shattering event, but the over-arching storyline wasn't ready for Arakko yet so millions of new mutants are now just chilling off screen, and the rest of the Marvel universe hasn't even acknowledged them. So it's cool to see Sword start to dip it's toes in the Arakko pool with Khora of the Burning Heart.

Agree completely. Arakko should qualify as a five alarm fire to the combined nations of the world on par with Thanos invading but so far no one has so much as acknowledged the existence of it.

Oct 25, 2017
I just remembered, there was a redacted 3rd island, is that supposed to be Arakko? Which would be weird...since we already know it's there.

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
Agree completely. Arakko should qualify as a five alarm fire to the combined nations of the world on par with Thanos invading but so far no one has so much as acknowledged the existence of it.

Has it been addressed in-universe with the members of the Quiet Council, and all involved X of Swords teams, intentionally keeping Arakko on a low profile to avoid causing (another) global mutant scare?

Because all of those mutants are going to be psychological wrecks after all the fun they had in Amenth.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Has it been addressed in-universe with the members of the Quiet Council, and all involved X of Swords teams, intentionally keeping Arakko on a low profile to avoid causing (another) global mutant scare?

Because all of those mutants are going to be psychological wrecks after all the fun they had in Amenth.

How would they even do this?

An island THAT massive just appearing in the Pacific would be noticed immediately by literally everybody.

Sentinel tech (which everyone has by now) can detect the presence of mutants. Most governments and government agencies have an idea of how many mutants there are and where they are- Russia in particular (who has not signed treaties with Krakoa) has been called out for this.

As Arakko's population is *twenty times* that of Krakoa, the equipment of every nation and NGO monitoring Krakoa (which is all of them) would have literally exploded the second it showed up.

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
How would they even do this?

An island THAT massive just appearing in the Pacific would be noticed immediately by literally everybody.

Sentinel tech (which everyone has by now) can detect the presence of mutants. Most governments and government agencies have an idea of how many mutants there are and where they are- Russia in particular (who has not signed treaties with Krakoa) has been called out for this.

As Arakko's population is *twenty times* that of Krakoa, the equipment of every nation and NGO monitoring Krakoa (which is all of them) would have literally exploded the second it showed up.

Oh I meant more along the lines of not mentioning the whole "all these mutants are powerful and probably all mentally broken" instead of just just acknowledging that a metric ton of mutants just arrived.

There could be a whole a series along the lines of X-Factor dealing with the aftermath of the Arakki mutants arrival.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Sword. Is. So. Good. Write it down, Ewing is the only author to take Hickman's data page motif and use them well. Compare it with this week's X-Force data page. It's literally just a conversation between Jean and Quentin, who had already been speaking with each other the whole issue, on the same subject they were currently talking about. Why did this need to be in a data page and not in panels? Because it was too long and boring to be in panels? Well then it's still long and boring in a data page too. Congrats Percy, you didn't solve anything by doing that. Although I will say Ewing needs to put down the sharpie because
redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted.

I finally feel like Marvel has now put enough quality writers on X-men - who's style appeals to me - to really support the line. Hickman at the helm[X-Men], Zeb Wells [Hellions], Al Ewing [S.W.O.R.D.], and now Si Spurrier [Way of X]. This is the S-tier line up that makes me excited for what's to come. Warning, negative venting about the rest of the line-up:
Excalibur is boring. X-Force is rote. Marauders can be fun but is uninteresting. X-Factor hasn't done much with their interesting premise. Cable has some alright writing but plot is spinning it's wheels. Wolverine is also rote, going through the motions like X-Force but maybe slightly better?

i agree with your spoiler takes for the most part. I like Excalibur but it's been pretty dull as of late. Wolverine and X-Force just don't do anything for me. X-Factor, like I've said before had an interesting premise-and team-but I can't really engage with the book.

X-Men, SWORD, Maruaders, Hellions and Way of X are top notch for me.

SWORD is so good. I love how Magneto likes Peeper-but is really playing it up in front of Cortez to twist the knife.