• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Cannonball and Sunspot strip is going to be about them being content that one of them is not on the team without the other.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Since they're going in pairs I wonder if the top 2 will get in considering how Polaris has been dominating the poll from the start lol

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
Neither is more popular, since both of them are part of a single awesome entity.

This is correct! I do hope they end up on Hickman's secret book somehow. I love the way he writes these two (+Izzy)

Well there goes my hope for Armor. Side note the only thing Whedon's done that hasn't aged horribly or been attached to scandals was his X-Men run.

I dunno... I always found it cringe that her powers were connected to her "ancestors". I don't remember if that came in Whedon's run or later, but it seems kind of tropey in a racist way.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
This is correct! I do hope they end up on Hickman's secret book somehow. I love the way he writes these two (+Izzy)

I dunno... I always found it cringe that her powers were connected to her "ancestors". I don't remember if that came in Whedon's run or later, but it seems kind of tropey in a racist way.

Yeah that was weird.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
I think it might have actually been in the Warren Ellis run but I can't remember for sure.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
No it's in Whedon's run
9KdtkCe.png

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Geez. I had completely forgotten all about that.

Unrelated-Man, I miss Cassady's artwork.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Why would you hold an open poll for an X-Men member when one of them is far and away more popular than the others.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
How often has Sunspot been drawn like this when using his power? I've read most of the current New Mutants and Claremont's original run but not much in-between. Is this common?

It's how I remember him from back in the day so on and off for a while at least. When they were beating on Mag's acolytes and stuff that was very much his look.

So it's Polaris in a runaway right? No way no how can Banshee even be close...

sven

Oct 31, 2017
Why would you hold an open poll for an X-Men member when one of them is far and away more popular than the others.

Especially when she is already the lead in one of their more beloved titles at the moment. Seems like she was always the plan and they just wanted to throw us a bone to make us feel special.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017

Is this a fan design, or an official one? I know the Hellfire Gala has been inspiring a lot of awesome professional caliber fan art.

Two comments here:

1.) Martha's backstory is that sublime stole her body to augment the U-Men, right? With the resurrection protocols, shouldn't she have a new body?

2.) This design kicks ass.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
About 150 issues at this point. I have them all in my reading list right now as I just started over from the beginning.
Yeah, the gap closed a little when Marvel went on hiatus during the pandemic. MU is 4 months behind now (week 2 of December 2020).

HoXPoX started in July 2019, so you'd have about a year and a half of comics to catch up on.

how easy is the "Hickman Era" to look up on MU? Did they actually bundle it all together or am I going to have to google every different series that exists for that run?

is there a "Hickman X-Men chart" jpg like there was for FF/Avengers? :P

sven

Oct 31, 2017
how easy is the "Hickman Era" to look up on MU? Did they actually bundle it all together or am I going to have to google every different series that exists for that run?

is there a "Hickman X-Men chart" jpg like there was for FF/Avengers? :P

I used the publication date feature to add them all but it also has reading lists for HoX/PoX, DoX, XoS, and now RoX.

The issues themselves also have the intended reading order at the end of each issue.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

There we have it. I've no doubt Duggan will do awesome stuff with her but.. sucks if she's really leaving X-Factor

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
If i remember correctly she was portrayed as a child in...humm my mind wants yo say uncanny xmen 325. Not sure anymore was a holographic foldable cover featuring storm lol
Yeah she was supposed to be young. That was the tragedy of her death. And later when she first joined the X-Men I got the impression she was only 16 or 17. At the same time Kate was being portrayed as being around 22.

So in my sliding timeline world to me she's 19 or 20 in my mind.

Now granted Banshee is Irish so to him Drinking Age is 18. And I suppose we don't know what the drinking age on the island is either.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
If i remember correctly she was portrayed as a child in...humm my mind wants yo say uncanny xmen 325. Not sure anymore was a holographic foldable cover featuring storm lol
Yeah she was supposed to be young. That was the tragedy of her death. And later when she first joined the X-Men I got the impression she was only 16 or 17. At the same time Kate was being portrayed as being around 22.

So in my sliding timeline world to me she's 19 or 20 in my mind.

Now granted Banshee is Irish so to him Drinking Age is 18. And I suppose we don't know what the drinking age on the island is either.

I always thought she was around the same age as Gambit and Rogue etc. Wasn't she in a relationship with gambit at some point even?
Hard to say what her age is supposed to be when every character stays mostly the same, but when Jubilee has a kid and Rogue and Gambit are married I just think Marrow gotta be old enough to drink at least haha.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
marrow is definitely old enough to drink, there's no reason why a nation created by mutants from all over the world would adopt America's drinking age which is much higher than in most other countries. I assume the legal drinking age in Krakoa is 16, that makes the most sense to me. The X-Men always put teenagers on their teams, there's little to no reason to not let them drink.