• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Baldeón is great. (Especially when he did that scene in Gwenpool Strikes Back. What a level!)

But since that's spoilers, just this funny scene from that run:
EGceDnmWsAEwyy3.jpg

holtz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Larraz being back for Hellfire Gala is great news. But I don't understand why Hickman isn't writing it. Duggan is ok but he is no Hickman. And that Rachel is atrocious.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Larraz being back for Hellfire Gala is great news. But I don't understand why Hickman isn't writing it. Duggan is ok but he is no Hickman. And that Rachel is atrocious.
Rachel only looks good in red when Alan Davis draws her.
Phoenix-Rachel-Summers-Excalibur-Marvel-Comics-Alan-Davis-painting-h.jpg

But she has never had a good costume, my favorite was the green mini-skirt tank top combo from the Chris Bachalo era. i would like her Phoenix tattoo to be something used on her costume design.
6496411cb55572a8875c2f0d8eed1176.jpg

holtz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Solicits for hellfire gala:
HELLIONS #12
Written by ZEB WELLS
Art and Cover by STEPHEN SEGOVIA
WHO INVITED THE HELLIONS TO THE HELLFIRE GALA?
Who thought it was a good idea to invite the antisocial HELLIONS to the fanciest bash of the year? Oh, no one? They weren't invited but they showed up anyway? Yeah, that sounds about right.
HELLIONS2020012.jpg

MARAUDERS #21
Written by GERRY DUGGAN & CHRIS CLAREMONT
Art by MATTEO LOLLI & JOHN BOLTON
WELCOME TO THE HELLFIRE GALA!
The Hellfire Trading Company has put together the biggest event of the season – the very first HELLFIRE GALA! Everyone will be there – all your favorite mutants, their closest allies…even their worst enemies – for a night of dinner, drinks, diplomacy and deceit. Fireworks to follow. Plus: From the archives, a classic X-Men tale with our very first look at a Hellfire Gala by Chris Claremont and John Bolton!
MARAUDERS2019021_cov.jpg

X-FORCE #20
Written by BENJAMIN PERCY
Art and Cover by JOSHUA CASSARA
INVITE-ONLY TO THE HELLFIRE GALA!
It's party time, but somebody's got to work it. And when invited guests (and a few crashers) prove to be planted antagonistic agents, X-FORCE will need to get their hands dirty and keep this all under wraps…before anyone catches wind!

On Sale 6/9
XFORCE2019020_cov_COL.jpg

EXCALIBUR #21
Written by TINI HOWARD
Art by MARCUS TO
Cover by MAHMUD ASRAR
RICTOR HATES PARTIES.
Even the nice ones. And with Captain Britain's return to a changed world, this one is looking to be not so nice. Excalibur's Earth-shattering HELLFIRE GALA issue will change Krakoan diplomacy forever.
EXCAL2019021_cov.jpg

X-MEN #21
Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN
Art by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN, NICK DRAGOTTA, SARA PICHELLI & LUCAS WERNECK
Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
THE HEROES OF KRAKOA DEBUT!
It's a changing if the guard as the first X-Men team of Krakoa debuts! One era ends as a new one begins, and the handoff happens here.

On Sale 6/16
XMEN2019021_cov.jpg

NEW MUTANTS #19
Written by VITA AYALA
Art by ALEX LINS
Cover by MARTIN SIMMONDS
AND I'LL CRY IF I WANT TO…
The HELLFIRE GALA is here, and the NEW MUTANTS have the chance to take a break from training the youth of Krakoa – an opportunity to get dressed up and get down. But not everyone is on their best behavior…and someone has vanished without a trace.

NEWMUT2019019_cov.jpg

PLANET-SIZE X-MEN #1
Written by GERRY DUGGAN
Art and Cover by PEPE LARRAZ
Variant Cover by PEPE LARRAZ
THEY CAME TO SLAY!
The HELLFIRE GALA rages on, but bigger things are afoot a world away. Make no mistake – this is an X-Men book drawn by superstar artist Pepe Larraz. It is absolutely the most important issue of the month.

PSXMEN2021001_Larraz_var.jpg

X-CORP #2
Written by TINI HOWARD
Art by ALBERTO FOCHE
Cover by DAVID AJA
A SHARK IN THE WATER!
After X-CORP's shocking debut, they've got fences to mend, hands to shake and most importantly – a board to staff. With Dr. Jamie Madrox's top-class dupes staffing the HELLFIRE GALA, CXOs Monet and Angel must stalk the dance floor and hope they don't get preyed on themselves.

On Sale 6/23
XCORP2021002_cvr.jpg

S.W.O.R.D. #6
Written by AL EWING
Art and Cover by VALERIO SCHITI
THIS IS WHAT COMES NEXT.
On Earth, the HELLFIRE GALA is in full swing. But on S.W.O.R.D. Station One, a very different guest list comes together…as Abigail Brand finally unveils her plans for Mysterium – and the future of human and mutantkind.

SWORD2020006_cov.jpg

WAY OF X #3
Written by SI SPURRIER
Art by BOB QUINN
Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
MAKE MORE MUTANTS.
It's the Hellfire Gala hangover. Nightcrawler tries to root out the evil working to destroy Krakoa by investigating all its laws, starting with… **SEXY SAXOPHONE SOLO**
WAYOFX2021003_Cov.jpg

WOLVERINE #13
Written by BENJAMIN PERCY
Art by SCOT EATON
Cover by ADAM KUBERT
HELLFIRE COMPROMISED!
Can WOLVERINE and X-FORCE keep the peace or is the gala doomed?

On Sale 6/30
WOLV2020013_cvr_col.jpg

X-FACTOR #10
Written by LEAH WILLIAMS
Art by DAVID BALDEÓN
Cover by IVAN SHAVRIN
THE LAST DANCE!
At the Hellfire Gala, SECRETS WILL BE REVEALED! VENGEANCE WILL BE HAD. And someone's number is up. You'll never guess whose.
XFACT2020010_Cov.jpg

I still don't understand why Hickman isn't writing Giant Size but all this looks great anyway.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
It's really weird, but also very cool seeing so many PAD X-Factor things being brought back in multiple books. I wish I had any hope in 1) Tini Howard after really not liking Excalibur and 2) someone other than PAD writing Madrox or X-Corp would be an ez-buy. I feel obligated to check it out at least.

At least Way of X seems like the book I've wanted the entire time since this era started.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
X-Force this week:
bestlookingguyhere.jpg

I'm not reading the other King in Black event books, so does the Krakoa takeover storyline follow on from another book, or is this just in SWORD?

(Still odd that the rest of the books are just pretending the event isn't happening, but based on what everyone here is saying, maybe that's a good thing.)

Last edited:

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
X-Force this week:
bestlookingguyhere.jpg

I'm not reading the other King in Black event books, so does the Krakoa takeover storyline follow on from another book, or is this just in SWORD?

(Still odd that the rest of the books are just pretending the event isn't happening, but based on what everyone here is saying, maybe that's a good thing.)

Marauders had a quick tie in that went nowhere but the rest of the books are ignoring KIB completely.

If you have a sharp eye, even SWORD is treating the entire thing with more than just a little disdain. "yes, its an alien invasion, we will deal with it as we did the last one (Empyre). Round up the appropriate mutants and move on."

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So, finally decided to get around to reading this, currently just finished #5 of House of X (I'm 2 years behind babay!) and I still can't believe I'm looking at a page where Xavier is shaking hands with Apocalypse. Crazy.

Also crazy is how they basically they have their own set of Dragonballs in the form of the Five. Glad Elixir's powers are being put to good use, though I am curious about his appearance. Last time I saw him his skin was gold, did they do away with that or did something happen that caused his appearance to change?

Oct 28, 2017
After taking a bunch of time off between the end of HOX/POX and the start of X of Swords I've been a) staying on top of the releases whilst b) catching up on what I've missed, I've finally got everything up to date.

Outside of Fallen Angels (which was a bit turd) it's been great. Hellions (of course) and Excalibur have been my top tier titles but they're all great.

Loving the ride and have never really been into comics. It's an easy £6-£10 spent each week!

"Oh you reading your comics again" - Mrs Frasier Crane

Harmonius

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Excalibur and X-Factor are probably the two books I love the most. So excited that I'm moving soon and can hopefully switch to buying day and date vs waiting till the end of the month to get my box for the month.

Every time I look at any other entity in the Marvel's current Lineuplike the Avengers) I'm just left going "well, guess I'll stay in X-Men" which is hillarious as HoX/PoX was my first return to Comics since leaving when Secret Empire happened.

Last edited:

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's a pity Psylocke vs not-Betsy happened off-screen, but it made room for a great chapter.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I'm actually excited for the next Cable issues. It was great to see him finally interact with Hope.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm reading this series using the collection in marvel unlimited, so I think I'm reading it in the right order (xmen 1, marauders 1, excalibur 1, etc).

Is that...required? I just read new mutants 1 last night and really didn't care for it. I'm pretty new to comics but this is one thing that still baffles me, numbering and reading order. Logically, I would think I should read x-men 1 2 3 4 5 etc before moving to a different series.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Logically, I would think I should read x-men 1 2 3 4 5 etc before moving to a different series.

Nope. X-men isn't a sequential story. The issues are (almost) all standalone and introduce concepts that are expanded and followed up on in the other series which ARE sequential stories.

Reading X-men in order and then going back to the other books is the worst thing you could do. It would only confuse you.

If you're not into New Mutants just don't read that, but following the X-books in release order is the best approach.

Note: if you're new to comics (marvel/dc/image/etc) this is extremely unusual and no other series really works that way.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. X-men isn't a sequential story. The issues are (almost) all standalone and introduce concepts that are expanded and followed up on in the other series which ARE sequential stories.

Reading X-men in order and then going back to the other books is the worst thing you could do. It would only confuse you.

If you're not into New Mutants just don't read that, but following the X-books in release order is the best approach.

Note: if you're new to comics (marvel/dc/image/etc) this is extremely unusual and no other series really works that way.
I think I'm still confused by your response lol.

So the X-Men series sets up events in all the other books (marauders, x-force, etc?). So are you saying I should basically not read excalibur 1 2 3 4 etc without going back to x-men?

I guess let me phrase it this way:

Should I read all these series in release order, but skip a series I don't like (like new mutants) or will that make me lost when I eventually get back around to reading like x-men 2?

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
The last page of each of the X titles should have a reading list with the correct order and what to read next. Something like:

X-Men 4
Marauders 4
>>>> X-Force 4
New Mutants 5
Hellions 2

As long as you follow those reading orders you should be fine, and feel free to skip any title you don't care for. If you don't like New Mutants, don't bother. You may miss some nuances here and there but it's not like you'll be completely lost.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I think I'm still confused by your response lol.

So the X-Men series sets up events in all the other books (marauders, x-force, etc?).

X MEN is a series of one shot issues that introduce concepts and antagonists that are followed up on later in other books, yes. As to which ones and which books, i can't recall. Just don't try to read it in release order by skipping everything else, because it won't make any sense.

So are you saying I should basically not read excalibur 1 2 3 4 etc without going back to x-men?

Should I read all these series in release order, but skip a series I don't like (like new mutants) or will that make me lost when I eventually get back around to reading like x-men 2?

Read the supporting books in release order. If a book is telling a narrative arc that doesn't interest you then you can skip it.

Don't skip Xmen because there is no narrative arc to that book. Its just a series of standalone issues where important characters, enemies, and concepts get dropped.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Wow X-Men was amazing! I loved every second of it.

And X-Men Legends was fun and we finally get the full Summers Family tree.

My only confusion is since when is Hope considered a blood relative of the Summers line, she's Cable's adopted daughter.