• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
agreed.

Also speaking of X-Factor, this is one of the funniest bits of a cape book I've read all year.

Es295wcXMAQ2tpu
Why is he speaking like that to a tablet? 🤣

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know when the Hellfire Gala starts, or is it just sometime this summer? So there's no new X-Men books till then?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Dawn of X volume 16, then X of Swords, then the current post X of Swords issues which will probably be collected as either Dawn of X Volume 17+ or Reign of X Volume 1+ etc. Hellfire Gala will probably be a small event in the Summer.
Oh, gotcha! Big help. So Reign of X is what's currently going on. I'll read up to Vol. 16, then do Swords of X.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hellions was good today.
Loved seeing the surprise villain at the end, always loved his goofy shennanigans.
Also Nanny-Pete interaction is fun as well.

Good issue.

I wasn't aware there was going to be a King in Black: Marauder tie-in.... grumble....

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
That Nanny and Orphan-Maker scene... Wells is doing a good job of digging into that relationship's freakiness.

Still my two favourite members on the team!

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't aware there was going to be a King in Black: Marauder tie-in.... grumble....
It's like the Empyre: X-Men tie-in - it's very much "the Marauders have an adventure while King in Black just happens to be going on in the background".

I would say that this is one of the best Marauders issues in the entire run. It's certainly the first time the series fulfilled the "swashbuckling mutant adventure" promise of the first issue, before it got bogged down in politics and power-dampening rays.

DJConvoy

Jan 8, 2021
Shit is getting real in X-Factor but can we talk about Tommy geeking out over Northstar
That was a lot of fun. I really enjoy Northstar. X-Factor on the whole has been more enjoyable than I would have guessed. I keep thinking "why am I buying all of these books," but the reality is that they've all been pretty enjoyable for different reasons.

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
Shit is getting real in X-Factor but can we talk about Tommy geeking out over Northstar

Seriously! X-Factor was incredible today. David + Tommy! Tommy + Northstar! Aurora + Daken! That cliffhanger! This book wasn't something I was that interested in when it was announced and now it's the first thing I read each week it comes out.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
It's like the Empyre: X-Men tie-in - it's very much "the Marauders have an adventure while King in Black just happens to be going on in the background".

I would say that this is one of the best Marauders issues in the entire run. It's certainly the first time the series fulfilled the "swashbuckling mutant adventure" promise of the first issue, before it got bogged down in politics and power-dampening rays.
I absolutely agree. It was great and I was surprised that Magneto made the decision that he did. There's some current real world politics in there with America accepting refugees seeking asylum that I felt was particularly relevant.

X-Factor still ain't doing it for me. I wish I liked it like you guys are.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Was Swords of X real good? I'm thinking of buying my first physical omnibus and I saw it's on 700+ pages. But I might just go with HoX/PoX since it was incredible but I already read it back when it was released weekly.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Was Swords of X real good? I'm thinking of buying my first physical omnibus and I saw it's on 700+ pages. But I might just go with HoX/PoX since it was incredible but I already read it back when it was released weekly.
X of Swords was odd. It was definitely not what I was expecting, and I both enjoyed that but was also let down in certain areas. I think overall I'd say it was better than not.

Tbh nothing has really quite topped HoX/PoX for me yet. I get that those plot points are going to be a sloooooow burn, as Hickman is envisioning a multi-years-long run, but I also kinda wished he started returning more to that material a little faster.

Oct 25, 2017
X of Swords took a swerve I don't think many were expecting. Was kind of hoping for something different, but I overall still enjoyed it a lot.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You get to X of Swords expecting a Dragon Ball tournament, instead you get a Mario Party tournament.

Enjoy the craziness.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Acting out of character while he does it too.
Wolverine has been acting out of character for 10, 15 years now. Or more.

Marvel has run him to the ground. No one knows what to do with him anymore. Even writers that care about the character like Aaron.

His run on his solo title was ok but completely inconsequential. No one remembers about it anymore. His run on Wolverine and the X-men was much better but cut short.
Honestly Wolverine should have stayed dead. They should have focused on X-23, Honey Badger and Daken.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
I think X of Swords was a success in the sense that it showed they were able to steer all the creative teams to work on a single story that moved the X-Men "metaplot forward".

As an event it could have used some trimming here and there but it went to places readers did not expect from the initial premise.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I do like that we're able to be all "Yeah it was pretty good" about a Marvel event instead of "It was fucking trash and it made me actively angry." like most Marvel events

nitekrawler

Oct 28, 2017
You get to X of Swords expecting a Dragon Ball tournament, instead you get a Mario Party tournament.

Enjoy the craziness.

So much this. Not that I don't enjoy Mario Party. But it kinda felt like a bait and switch. But it went back to DB tournament levels of badassery near the end so I forgive it. That Larraz art with all those beautiful spreads is a chef's kiss every time.

Oct 25, 2017
So much this. Not that I don't enjoy Mario Party. But it kinda felt like a bait and switch. But it went back to DB tournament levels of badassery near the end so I forgive it. That Larraz art with all those beautiful spreads is a chef's kiss every time.

Beginning and end were definitely great with some weird ass hell moments in the middle.

But lets not lover look Death & Storm. What a beautiful little story within the story

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Whenever Hickman finishes his X-Men run, I have to wonder what Marvel property he'd jump to next.

Imagine the insanity of a Spider-Man run.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
It was great. A lot of fun and some spectacular art. Some small missteps here and there and some pacing issues but that's bound to happen when you have 8 writers on a single event. And it had an actually well executed "Nothing will ever be the same"

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Release list updated through April.

Comixology infuriatingly has no sorting options, so I'm not able to easily find new series. Let me know if something was announced and I missed it!

---

3 February
  • Hellions #9
    HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MUTANT? MR. SINISTER is missing! Will the Hellions be able to put aside the tensions poised to split the team apart long enough to unravel the mystery? On the upside, at least Sinister found his cape.
  • X-Factor #7
    WHO'S THAT KNOCKING? A dark force is manipulating the lives of X-FACTOR just as a striking revelation about one of their deaths comes to light.
  • X-Force #17
    LOVE AND DEATH! Death gives QUENTIN QUIRE a new lease on life. Long live Quentin Quire!
10 February
  • Excalibur #18
    THE WOMAN ON THE SHORE! As the Council makes moves to protect mutants in the Otherworld, Excalibur must determine the fate of Betsy Braddock.
  • S.W.O.R.D. #3
    TAKE A TRIP WITH THE EVERYWHERE MAN! The Void-God has overtaken the Earth. Top-level mutants have been assimilated. Protocol V is in effect. But space is a big place... and a lot of things happen there at once. Walk a mile in the Manifold's shoes, as S.W.O.R.D.'s Quintician takes a multi-artist journey across the universe and back... and comes face to face with S.W.O.R.D.'s deadliest enemy.
  • Wolverine: Black, White & Blood #3/4
    THE BEST THERE IS BY THE BEST THERE ARE! The groundbreaking series continues! Thrill to the Marvel Comics debut of Oscar winner JOHN RIDLEY 12 Years a Slave, The American Way) as he and JORGE FORNÉS bring LOGAN to Japan, where he will question his honor as he clashes blades with the SILVER SAMURAI! Then, it's back to his X-FORCE days with JED MacKAY and JESÚS SAIZ, as WOLVERINE must stop A.I.M.'s plot for the red planet! And, nothing can prepare you for the unstoppable team-up of DONNY CATES and CHRIS BACHALO as Wolverine has a run-in with…COSMIC GHOST RIDER?!
17 February
  • Cable #8
    LUCKY TO MEET YOU ! Cable gets together with his – ahem - intimate friend Domino long before they ever met! Will it be a fortunate encounter? Or has Cable met his match?
  • Marauders #18
    THE PAST IS NOT THE PAST! The Marauder returns to Madripoor to pay tribute to a fallen friend… but all the while old enemies are being forged anew.
  • X-Men Legends #1
    ALL-NEW TALES STARRING YOUR FAVORITE X-MEN, SPANNING CLASSIC ERAS! Break out the yellows and blues, fire up the Danger Room and snap on your pouches as legendary X-writers return to classic eras of the mutant super heroes in ALL-NEW, in-continuity stories set during their fan-favorite runs! Fabian Nicieza kicks off the series with a special saga of CYCLOPS and HAVOK, as the SHI'AR return to Earth in search of the FORSAKEN ONE! But what secret will the Summers brothers uncover, and how will its revelation change what you thought you knew about the X-Men? Get ready for a story decades in the making! And come back each month as we dive deeper to expand the X-MEN mythos! Welcome back, legends: Hope you survive the experience.
24 February
  • New Mutants #16
    TO BE REBORN...In the Wild Hunt, someone is looking for friends in all the wrong places. Someone else is missing without a trace. And plans which have long been in motion…begin to unfurl.
  • Wolverine #10
    JUST LIKE THE BAD OLD DAYS! WOLVERINE gets into a jam with his old Team X compatriot MAVERICK…but the reunion won't last long if they can't break free of the LEGACY HOUSE!
  • X-Men #18
    INSIDE THE VAULT! It's been a long time since the team went into the vault. A long time.
3 March
  • Children of the Atom #1
    WHEN DID THE X–MEN GET SIDEKICKS?! Now! Don't miss the debut of the greatest teenage super hero team of all time! They've learned from the best, now they're ready to be put to the test! But who the heck are these kids, and where do they come from? Guest-starring the X–Men!
  • Hellions #10
    FUNNY GAMES! The HELLIONS are at the mercy of ARCADE as they face his new psychological MURDERWORLD!
  • Demon Days: X-Men #1/5
    From STORMBREAKER PEACH MOMOKO comes a Marvel story unlike any you've ever seen before! A wandering swordswoman with a psychic blade arrives at village that's being targeted by demons. One demon is black and white with a terrifying red tongue and another may be the strongest demon there is! In the stunning kick-off issue of this prestige quarterly story, you'll see a revolutionary reimagination of the Marvel Universe that could only come from Peach Momoko. Ready your katana and enter a mysterious world of demons, monsters, mutants, and magic! Book ONE of FIVE of the DEMON DAYS saga!
10 March
  • X-Factor #8
    Hey, guys! Wasn't expecting to see X-Factor torpedo up the resurrection queue priority--.
    Boneyard's haunted.
    WHAT?
    *Resurrecting murdered teammates* Boneyard's haunted.
  • Wolverine: Black, White & Blood #4/4
    BRUTAL BATTLES WITH THE UNBREAKABLE MUTANT! The bloody, brutal mayhem continues! Steven S. DeKnight makes his debut in the Marvel Universe as he teams up with Paulo Siquiera to put the best there is through his paces on a bloody trip to the SAVAGE LAND! Kelly Thompson teams with Khary Randolph for a heartfelt — and heart-pounding — episode in Japan! And Ed Brisson takes LOGAN back to the Outback with Leonard Kirk, where he'll go up against the REAVERS!
17 March
  • S.W.O.R.D. #4
    KRAKOA, WE HAVE A PROBLEM! The mutants are dying. Their island is dying. Earth itself is dying. All hope for humanity as a species lies in Protocol V. Protocol V isn't going to work.
  • X-Force #18
    WELCOME TO THEIR NIGHTMARES! QUENTIN QUIRE returns to Krakoa to find a nightmare creature wreaking havoc on X-Force. But what deadly secrets are X-Force hiding…and who's trying to unearth them?
24 March
  • Cable #9
    DAYS OF PAST YET TO COME! Cable's future is coming back to haunt him…and he isn't ready. Yet.
  • Excalibur #19
    POISONED BY HER OWN VENOM! She didn't mean anything by it...but what's a girl without a body supposed to do?
31 March
  • X-Men #19
    ESCAPE FROM THE VAULT!
  • X-Men Legends #2
    THE SECRET OF ADAM-X – REVEALED AT LAST! It's the SUMMERS BROTHERS and STARJAMMERS vs. ERIK THE RED and the SHI'AR with the fate of the galaxy at stake, as the full truth behind ADAM-X's lineage is revealed in a story nearly 30 years in the making!
7 April
  • Cable #10
    THE CHILD OF SUMMER! As Cable and company draw closer to the secret of the missing child, a reckoning draws ever closer.
  • Excalibur #20
    THE PHANTOM MENACE! An invisible threat is loose on the island of Krakoa — unseen, unheard, undetectable by any...except Excalibur.
  • Marauders #19
    A PIRATE'S LIFE FOR GOOD! As the pressure pours on in Madripoor, the Marauders prepare to pillage and plunder as a proper pirate pleases!
14 April
  • Children of the Atom #2
    BREAKOUT! A local prison riot is quickly turning into an escape and the only ones who can stop them are a bunch of high schoolers?! The strangest teens of all are on the case! Guest-starring the Avengers!
  • Wolverine #11
    SNIKTERVIEW WITH A VAMPIRE! WOLVERINE takes the fight to the vampire nation in a quest to stop DRACULA's plot to co-opt his mutant healing factor! But what sacrifices and moral compromises must be made before humans and mutants see the dawn?
21 April
  • S.W.O.R.D. #5
    ALL THE COLORS OF THE DARK! On Krakoa, Fabian Cortez and the Quiet Council discuss the rules of murder. But in space, the murders have already begun…and the killer has a connection to Cortez he'd never suspect. The color may be gold…but this, my friends…is pure giallo…
  • Way of X #1
    THE WAY TO THE FUTURE OF X!Mutantkind has built a new Eden... but there are serpents in this garden. Some mutants struggle to fit in. Some mutants turn to violence and death. And the children whisper of the Patchwork Man, singing in their hearts...Only one mutant senses the looming shadows. Snared by questions of death, law and love, only NIGHTCRAWLER can fight for the soul of Krakoa. Only he - and the curious crew he assembles - can help mutants defeat their inner-darkness and find a new way to live. The WAY OF X. SI SPURRIER (X-MEN LEGACY) and BOB QUINN (CAPTAIN AMERICA) push the frontiers of Krakoa in this unmissable entry into the bold new REIGN OF X.
  • X-Force #19
    WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF! The only way to battle the nightmare is on its own turf. Sweet dreams, QUENTIN QUIRE.
28 April
  • New Mutants #17
    WHAT'S LEFT OVER WHEN YOU GO HOME? With a mutant child lost in Otherworld, it's up to the NEW MUTANTS to find and extract him…without losing themselves in the process. Meanwhile, on Krakoa: Warlock makes a friend. Wolfsbane makes a friend. Magik makes some enemies.
  • X-Men Legends #3
    THE ORIGINAL X-FACTOR RETURNS – TO BATTLE APOCALYPSE! The mutants once known as the original X-MEN now fight the good fight as the mutant team X-FACTOR! Together with their mysterious sentient spaceship Ship and the newly transformed ARCHANGEL, they've defeated CAMERON HODGE and foiled APOCALYPSE's scheme. But as Ship starts to malfunction, Apocalypse's true plan unfolds! Return to this classic era with legends Louise Simonson and Walter Simonson as they kick off an ALL-NEW tale set before X-FACTOR #43!
---

Notes:
  • X-Corp and Moira X are still MIA, but seemingly coming during Reign of X (alongside new unannounced titles).
  • No Marauders, New Mutants or Wolverine in March.
  • No Demon Days, Hellions, X-Factor or X-Men in April.
  • The 3-part crossover series "Curse of the Man-Thing" starts with Avengers (#1) and Spider-Man (#2) in April, then X-Men (#3) in May.

Last edited:

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Excalibur was not my favorite today, but I'm glad the story is moving forward.
SWORD was fantastic, as someone who loves Eden since his Secret Warriors days, it came to a shock the reveal that he is not a teleporter at all, yet it makes so much sense. Loved this one.
X-Force, you mean that Quentin Quire is not a total ass??? now that is interesting.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Certain revelations in SWORD that I was not expecting in this book. Makes me even more excited for future stories.