• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
After realising Guido was never going to win over any of the ladies, I decided to vote for Marrow.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
I voted for Marrow, I really liked her when she was on the team back in the 90s ... was it the 90s? Anyway, I was pissed off when she disappeared and I'd like to see her get back into the spotlight.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If there's a poll that includes Boom-Boom, I can't just not vote for Boom-Boom.

Edit: Also, I never thought that in a week with four issues, Excalibur would be my favourite.

Last edited:

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly it was hard to chose who to vote for, they're all cool characters I'd like to see more of.

Forge and Polaris are already in X-Force and X-Factor so I'd rather have someone else get more exposure.

Sunspot and Cannonball absolutely need to be together so that's a pass for me.

Of all the others I decided to vote for Marrow, because Mahvel. Was debating casting my vote for Banshee because I'm a Generation-X kid but it's the kids of the team I want to see make it in the X-Men.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
If "has done nothing" is the criteria just give it to Maggott then.

That Maggott/Marrow/Celia Reyes team was the worst of all time. Hope somebody got fired for that
It was a bad team but that doesn't mean Marrow wasn't an interesting character and deserves better. Not her fault Maggott and Cecilia Reyes were there too.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I mean that's the problem with voting in comic book stuff no matter what. The characters with the most name recognition always win. I would like to point out that in the old Marvel versus DC comic some fights were voted on.

As a result Storm beat Wonder Woman and Wolverine (bone claws) beat Lobo.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I mean that's the problem with voting in comic book stuff no matter what. The characters with the most name recognition always win. I would like to point out that in the old Marvel versus DC comic some fights were voted on.

As a result Storm beat Wonder Woman and Wolverine (bone claws) beat Lobo.

I always love this one because the writers couldn't figure out how the hell Wolverine could actually beat Lobo in a fight, so they just fall behind a bar and Logan wins somehow.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sigh. This is why we can't have anything nice.

Jesus fucking Christ HICKMAN ISN'T GOING TO DO ANYTHING WITH HER, IF YOU LIKE POLARIS YOU SHOULD WANT HER TO LOSE

I said this shit in the other thread but it's because Polaris is the most significant live action character on that poll. It's completely fucked.

DJConvoy

Jan 8, 2021
I would just like to say that it's pretty incredible that, for the most part, there has only really been one dud during all of this (the Fallen Angels mini). I can't believe how cohesive or intresting pretty much all of the books have been. X-Men itself might be the slowest burn, but that's not really a knock so much as an observation... and now that there's a REASON for X-Men again, I suspect that will change.

I was a long time X fan and had long since abandoned pretty much all of the X books... really only checking in when Comixology would have one of their ludicrously huge sales. It's been refreshing to enjoy X titles again, and I can't believe I'm buying like everything.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised the poll between Old and Kid Cable is so close. I thought Old Cable would have been much more popular considering his presence in the movies/MvC2 and even the older comics.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised the poll between Old and Kid Cable is so close. I thought Old Cable would have been much more popular considering his presence in the movies/MvC2 and even the older comics.
I like Cable. But Kid Cable is a refreshing change and makes him interesting again.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I was so sure Armor was going to win this.

Polaris fans coming out of somewhere to represent.

Oct 25, 2017
Like Forge probably shouldn't be here either, but at least he just kind of hangs out in the background in X-Force. Polaris straight up helped form X-Factor so losing her like 6 issues would be weird

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
It's real big on the LGBT representation and I just find the book cozy in general. Losing a member of the cast this early in the run would suck
Honestly it's the artwork that turns me off. Every character has that wacky look to their face and I can't take it. Every character is always making faces like this:
uCm59FvZW2fyeqMZAfY7wY.jpg

images

It's too cartoony for me