• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
From the last page it seems each section on the island will have it's own party. I'm guessing they will choose 1 each and be represented. Also looks like the arraki also has their own party.

nitekrawler

Oct 28, 2017
Finally, read X-men 16. I wish they would have games and competition before the vote. Kinda like the O-Force in X-Statix.

Is it just me or is Krakoa just speaking gibberish sometimes?

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly? Between the two, Arrako's the one with less experience than Krakoa in terms of fighting for their survival. Arrako has been at war for thousands of years, sure. But only against the same enemy and the same strategies. They fought against overwhelming force and were eventually defeated by overwhelming force.

The mutants of Earth, though fighting for a fraction of the amount of time as Arrako, have faced far greater and more varied threats and have overcome. And they have to do so through means beyond simple force.

Really, Xavier and Magneto should have brought them a compilation of all the shit they'd been through up to now. (Also, they should let Iska in on the whole thing with Moira).

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Going back to the earlier SK discussion, Farouk's body was somehow resurrected once before too (Uncanny X-Force). I don't know if the current appearances of him are physical or illusory but Sinister having a DNA sample and Cerebro a backup shouldn't really conflict with the event timelines.

Under the new rules of Omega Mutants, Moira has to be one, right?
The Omega rules seem as arbitrary as ever tbh. Like how is Jaspers not one when every other reality warper is? It's supposedly based on one category but there's two telepaths (Jean and Quire) and they're both arguably less capable in that area than Xavier honestly and with other comparably capable telepaths (Farouk, Nate, Stryfe, Emma, Rachel, Exodus, Cuckoos, etc) being excluded.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
The Omega rules seem as arbitrary as ever tbh. Like how his Jaspers not one when every other reality warper is? It's supposedly based on one category but there's two telepaths (Jean and Quire) and they're both arguably less capable in that area than Xavier honestly.
Regarding telepaths: Power =/= Skill. Rachel is more powerful than Emma by a whole hell of a lot but Emma will leave her flat on her ass every time if they're not just outright trying to kill one another. Xavier's got more skill with his telepathy than either of them but their telepathy is leaps and bounds beyond his in raw power.

Regarding Jim Jaspers: Someone just forgot him. Be that the writers (unlikely) or in universe.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Regarding telepaths: Power =/= Skill. Rachel is more powerful than Emma by a whole hell of a lot but Emma will leave her flat on her ass every time if they're not just outright trying to kill one another. Xavier's got more skill with his telepathy than either of them but their telepathy is leaps and bounds beyond his in raw power.

Regarding Jim Jaspers: Someone just forgot him. Be that the writers (unlikely) or in universe.
Sure but that's also somewhat unclear if the Omega rules are based on potential or current ability. If it's the latter it gets tough to make a real case for Jean or (especially) Quire over Xavier imo, even in raw power. If it's the former then you'd probably be able to argue other conflicting cases (like Polaris over Magneto).

Regarding Jaspers, a good no prize is probably just that he's not a 616 native (born) mutant and actually that'd work for some of the other obvious exclusions too (Rachel, Nate, Stryfe). I can't imagine Hickman forgot him given what a massive CB fan he is.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Sure but that's also somewhat unclear if the Omega rules are based on potential or current ability. If it's the latter it gets tough to make a real case for Jean or (especially) Quire over Xavier imo, even in raw power. If it's the former then you'd probably be able to argue other conflicting cases (like Polaris over Magneto).

Regarding Jaspers, a good no prize is probably just that he's not a 616 native (born) mutant and actually that'd work for some of the other obvious exclusions too (Rachel, Nate, Stryfe). I can't imagine Hickman forgot him given what a massive CB fan he is.

Jaspers had a line in XoS about wanting to see Earth one last time that implied he is the 616 version, though. Honestly, if someone isn't on the list, I think Hickman just really doesn't consider them Omega level.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Jaspers had a line in XoS about wanting to see Earth one last time that implied he is the 616 version, though. Honestly, if someone isn't on the list, I think Hickman just really doesn't consider them Omega level.
He could be the 616 version, although we last saw him was at the trial of Magneto iirc and as far as we know he was still a latent mutant or possibly even just human.

Given Jaspers' abilities I think it'd be tough not to consider him Omega. He's certainly been shown to be a more powerful reality warper than Jamie or Proteus for example.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
He could be the 616 version, although we last saw him was at the trial of Magneto iirc and as far as we know he was still a latent mutant or possibly even just human.

Given Jaspers' abilities I think it'd be tough not to consider him Omega. He's certainly been shown to be a more powerful reality warper than Jamie or Proteus for example.

The 616 version was in Moore's Captain Britain run, where he was killed by the Fury before later being resurrected as a result of House of M and then going to war with the Captain Britain Corps. His appearance in Magneto's trial was never really explained, but the 616 version is 100% a mutant and has shown it.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
The 616 version was in Moore's Captain Britain run, where he was killed by the Fury before later being resurrected as a result of House of M and then going to war with the Captain Britain Corps. His appearance in Magneto's trial was never really explained, but the 616 version is 100% a mutant and has shown it.
Oh, you're right! I guess my no prize goes out the window then, though it still works for Stryfe, X-Man and Rachel.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
You know where Magneto and Xavier fucked up in their meeting? They tried to puff their chests out and look tougher than they are while Iska had to get information like she was pulling teeth. That makes them look cowardly and weak. If their "soft" living was something to be proud of, something that made them stronger and more resilient despite how it may look to the Arakki, then it's something they should speak of boldly and without reservation.

That looks strong.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Yeah. They should have come with a show of force and a hand of friendship.

Have Magneto literally show off how powerful he is without hurting anyone and then give them the plant. Don't make it about ease of travel but rather a gesture of trust.

Instead they made themselves look like an easy conquer.

There was something in Isca's look at Magneto, after they had been forced to admit mutants shared the planet with humanity - but Magneto then dismissed them as "only men".

Whatever else they may be, the Arrako mutants have learned not to truck with bullshit and self-deception. Their blistering honesty may comes some problems with the Krakoan mutants weaving narratives around themselves to prop their newfound nation up.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I did like the admission that just because they were a child nation, it didn't mean they were a bad nation. Just new.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Hellions was real good and the fact that Krakoa's policy of AIs seems to imply all AIs we'll see some problems with other heroes down the line.

X-Factor's set up is really interesting and I'm interested to see where it goes. I love that they have no less then 4 members who can instantly tell that a person is lying.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Krakoa had a moment to circumvent their own future and then fucked it up because Havok didn't get a chance to have a full on conversation.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Read X of Swords. What a mess all that was.
By mess you mean genius, correct?

It's honestly a brilliant multi-issue crossover. Harkening back to the days of Mutant Massacre, Fall of the Mutants, X-tinction Agenda and to a lesser degree X-Cutioner Song.

Self contained to the X Books but with all the craziness that has been part of the X Books history for a while but completely ignored.

The X-Men once sacrificed thier very souls to seal away a spirit called Adversary forever (and it has been a real forever, rare for comics)

Then the daughter of Merlin and ruler of Otherworld, Roma, resurrected them and made them immune to recording devices. Also gave them something called the Siege Perilous that would be important later.

X of Swords perfectly adds back in this often forgotten mystical element to the X Books much like Grant Morrison's New X-Men remember the sci-fi elements.

And since it's Grant Morrison he added in different mystical elements.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I mean to be fair I'd read this team investigating a fucking coffee theft
Coffee theft is a major crime. The only crime worse is Bush Bagel theft.

Also, can we talk about that North Star's human husband and how he gets to live on Karoka. But security is handled by Sage and Black Tom and the Human step brother of a Council member and best friend of the Head of Security isn't allowed?

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coffee theft is a major crime. The only crime worse is Bush Bagel theft.

Also, can we talk about that North Star's human husband and how he gets to live on Karoka. But security is handled by Sage and Black Tom and the Human step brother of a Council member and best friend of the Head of Security isn't allowed?
It's unsaid but I'm pretty sure it's because of Jugg's powers and ties.

Northstar's husband is a normal dude.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Eh... I default to the 70s.

ikIucUF.jpg

You tell him Kate.

Huncho

Jun 10, 2020
Shit, I still remember how surprised I was when they died during that mission in Space >.>

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Shit, I still remember how surprised I was when they died during that mission in Space >.>
And how the "No more!" pages hit right after that. And how they hit in the following issue with the new added meaning.

Masterclass tbh.

Current X-Men line is pretty much on par with the Claremont run in the mid to end 80's when extra books started to pour in like New Mutants/X-Factor and later Wolverine/Excalibur with how they're interconnected.

Claremont run as the advantage of actually creating a lot if not all of the mythos, current line has the advantage of modern standard of writing and having waaaay more moving parts and making it work.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Hellions was real good and the fact that Krakoa's policy of AIs seems to imply all AIs we'll see some problems with other heroes down the line.

X-Factor's set up is really interesting and I'm interested to see where it goes. I love that they have no less then 4 members who can instantly tell that a person is lying.
Hellions was fantastic. It's an utter and complete joy to read it every month. I loved how Empath won.

Huncho

Jun 10, 2020
And how the "No more!" pages hit right after that. And how they hit in the following issue with the new added meaning.

Masterclass tbh.

Current X-Men line is pretty much on par with the Claremont run in the mid to end 80's when extra books started to pour in like New Mutants/X-Factor and later Wolverine/Excalibur with how they're interconnected.

Claremont run as the advantage of actually creating a lot if not all of the mythos, current line has the advantage of modern standard of writing and having waaaay more moving parts and making it work.
For real for real. It was finally time to mut respect on mutants's name. I was kind of bored of that Wolverine/Cyclops schism

That Magneto quote « If you are us then be with us » too was good.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Yeah I figured they has resolved her powerlessness off-screen already.

Also it seems The Crucible is now a crucible for two. You have to find someone willing to kill you and they have to be willing to let you die.

holtz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
weirdsciencemarvelcomics.com

S.W.O.R.D. #2 Preview

S.W.O.R.D. #2 Preview – S.W.O.R.D. station is thrown in at the deep end of a planetary crisis as Krakoa battles the KING IN BLACK! While a cross-division team take on latex dragons from outer…
Sword 2 preview. That art is beautiful wow.