• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
The Shadow King entity got got for what may have been the first time in their history together which may well have actually separated him from it for the first time since he was a child.

Shadow king has been killed a LOT. The last time was pretty definitive, but you know how comics are, especially with weird supernatural entities like whatever SK is.

He's residing on Krakoa and not in a black habitat, so there's no way the council wouldn't know he's there between Krakoa itself and Black Tom.

he's not residing anywhere. Shadow King is an astral entity that possesses other people, and given the strength of it (he was traditionally as strong as Xavier, and the last appearance in Astonishing Xmen he was stronger than Xavier) staying undetected isn't a problem especially if no one is looking for him.

DNA has a half life of 521 years, so Sinister would have no problem getting his hands on Farouk's DNA if he wanted it and could find his corpse. Which, I mean, it's Sinister. He isn't going to have trouble finding a corpse.

The usefulness of DNA depends on the conditions of the body. If perfectly preserved, you can have useable samples that last hundreds or thousands of years. For a dead corpse left to rot out in the sun, you're looking at days to weeks. Farouk was a random crime lord in north africa when Xavier killed him. Even if anyone knew where to find that body decades after he was killed, it wouldn't be in any useable condition.

The big question is whether or not Xavier had the Cerebro protocols up and running before the last time Farouk died.

Xavier wouldn't have been able to "back up" Farouk's mind against his will, because Farouk was the stronger telepath AND had no motivation to cooperate with Xavier.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Shadow king has been killed a LOT. The last time was pretty definitive, but you know how comics are, especially with weird supernatural entities like whatever SK is.
I mean, yeah. I acknowledged this in my post with the suspicion that it's back, just not in Farouk. The nature of its last defeat being the catalyst for that. You don't open your narrative with a "there is good in him" stort just to have it go "turns out there isn't."

Seriously, watch that brain in a jar kid...
he's not residing anywhere. Shadow King is an astral entity that possesses other people, and given the strength of it (he was traditionally as strong as Xavier, and the last appearance in Astonishing Xmen he was stronger than Xavier) staying undetected isn't a problem especially if no one
I am talking about Farouk and we literally see the kids walk to his physical residence.
The usefulness of DNA depends on the conditions of the body. If perfectly preserved, you can have useable samples that last hundreds or thousands of years. For a dead corpse left to rot out in the sun, you're looking at days to weeks. Farouk was a random crime lord in north africa when Xavier killed him. Even if anyone knew where to find that body decades after he was killed, it wouldn't be in any useable condition.
I mean, comic book super science by the single most advanced (or second most depending on how you rank The Jackal) geneticist on Marvel Earth. I'm pretty sure a sample with only decades of degradation is going to be useable for Sinister.
Xavier wouldn't have been able to "back up" Farouk's mind against his will, because Farouk was the stronger telepath AND had no motivation to cooperate with Xavier.
I don't know how Farouk stacks up against Xavier + Cerebro as opposed to just Xavier. Moreover, after his corporeal death, given his connection to the Astral Plane, it's possible a back up of the original got yanked out of the Shadow King.

But more than any of that is this: I don't think The Shadow King, the entity or Farouk, would put up a fight against being backed up. Why would it resist an avenue for revival of its host?

JDazzle

Nov 6, 2017
Also keep in mind that no one has ever commented that they felt Xavier backing them up... Not one psychic or magic attuned person has noticed it.

It seems like something that happens under the radar for everyone, although it would be an interesting plot point if someone did notice before krakoa...

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I mean, yeah. I acknowledged this in my post with the suspicion that it's back, just not in Farouk. The nature of its last defeat being the catalyst for that. You don't open your narrative with a "there is good in him" stort just to have it go "turns out there isn't."

Seriously, watch that brain in a jar kid...

I think that sets up a longer story about how they *could* eventually separate Farouk from the entity, but it's been 500 years and multiple deaths with the two remaining as a single entity. They're not going to be separate.

I am talking about Farouk and we literally see the kids walk to his physical residence.

we see them walk into a cave where shadow king is. Again, I asked the question before. Farouk was known in life and with his hosts for a predilection to excess for food and luxury that was so uncontrollable his hosts all became morbidly obese very quickly. Why is he hiding out in a cave when anything he wants could be had easily in public? He would be in a beach house stuffing himself, not in a cave telling stories to children.

I mean, comic book super science by the single most advanced (or second most depending on how you rank The Jackal) geneticist on Marvel Earth. I'm pretty sure a sample with only decades of degradation is going to be useable for Sinister.

That seems unlikely, especially given that the marauders had degraded so badly that their original non modified forms aren't available anymore. Farouk would have been a thousand times worse.

I don't know how Farouk stacks up against Xavier + Cerebro as opposed to just Xavier. Moreover, after his corporeal death, given his connection to the Astral Plane, it's possible a back up of the original got yanked out of the Shadow King.

This doesn't make sense at all. Farouk and the entity are/were a merged mind and have always been portrayed this way, not two separate beings. "Yanking farouk out" of the shadow king is impossible.

But more than any of that is this: I don't think The Shadow King, the entity or Farouk, would put up a fight against being backed up. Why would it resist an avenue for revival of its host?

It's already immortal, it's been around since the dawn of time. Why would it cooperate with Xavier? The merged entity with Farouk's mind can inhabit any body it chooses at any time. It doesn't need a resurrection protocol, and it hates Xavier.

We'll have to wait for next issue, but these arguments don't make a ton of sense.
Occams razor says all things being equal, the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. Shadow King having returned from the dead but still a villain that is torturing Karma is a LOT more likely than:

1.) Sinister hunting down his decades dead corpse
2.) Xavier somehow separating Farouk and the entity off panel, or "backing up" the mind of a malevolent telepath more powerful than he is without resistance
3.)Farouk deciding a nice cozy cave is a more pleasant abode to tell children's stories than his own mansion.
4.) The entity coming back, but deciding "No Girl" is a more convenient host than the mutant it was combined with for 500 years
5.) Somebody else with no reason to hate Karma inflicting nightmares on her instead of the man who hijacked her body and hates her

Last edited:

JDazzle

Nov 6, 2017
Can someone remind me what happened to IceMan/Bobby Drake?

He is part of the marauders but it feels like he has fallen off of the face of krakoa...

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Can someone remind me what happened to IceMan/Bobby Drake?

He is part of the marauders but it feels like he has fallen off of the face of krakoa...

There's just a lot of people running around Krakoa right now, and the marauders storyline has been focused more on the Kitty/Sebastian conflict. He's around, but the book isn't really about him right now.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Excalibur was great so we are jumping right in with finding our Betsy. Should have called it the Search for Captain Britain.

JDazzle

Nov 6, 2017
Looks like the next X-Men issue is next week, despite what the checklist says at the end of each issue... Not sure about Cable, which was also listed as releasing today

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Excalibur was unexpectedly cool
Really liked the art, even the X-Factor team looked cool.

Also, Meggan's daughter is another Valeria? she seems waaaaay too smart, in fact, I think she is Shogo's age, just to put it on perspective.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Excalibur was unexpectedly cool
Really liked the art, even the X-Factor team looked cool.

Also, Meggan's daughter is another Valeria? she seems waaaaay too smart, in fact, I think she is Shogo's age, just to put it on perspective.
Being part Fae probably means she's more intelligent in Avalon. Last time we saw her she wasn't that smart.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Being part Fae probably means she's more intelligent in Avalon. Last time we saw her she wasn't that smart.

The last time we saw her was in that Xmen Gold annual, and she was already in the "super genius" tier, speaking full sentences like an adult at 3 months.

marvel.fandom.com

Margaret Braddock (Earth-616)

14 appearance(s) of Margaret Braddock (Earth-616) 7 mention(s) of Margaret Braddock (Earth-616) 1 mention(s) in handbook(s) of Margaret Braddock (Earth-616) 6 image(s) of Margaret Braddock (Earth-616) 1 quotation(s) by or about Margaret Braddock (Earth-616)

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
The last time we saw her was in that Xmen Gold annual, and she was already in the "super genius" tier, speaking full sentences like an adult at 3 months.

marvel.fandom.com

Margaret Braddock (Earth-616)

14 appearance(s) of Margaret Braddock (Earth-616) 7 mention(s) of Margaret Braddock (Earth-616) 1 mention(s) in handbook(s) of Margaret Braddock (Earth-616) 6 image(s) of Margaret Braddock (Earth-616) 1 quotation(s) by or about Margaret Braddock (Earth-616)
Hmm. When she was in Excalibur #1 she seemed very much more little kid.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My main criticism about Excalibur at this point is that it's a waste of half of the team. Rogue and Gambit are constantly just sort of there not really doing anything, and Jubilee's primary personality trait is "has a child".

That said, this issue is much better than most of the run so far.

Upcoming release schedule

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Release list updated through March.
(Dalek, any chance of a threadmark on this?)

---
30 December
  • Wolverine #8
    CELEBRATING 350 ISSUES OF THE SOLO ADVENTURES OF WOLVERINE! Someone's making moves against WOLVERINE'S old crew TEAM X, and it's leaving bodies dropped and artifacts stolen. A mystery unfurls as Logan picks up the scent of his old compatriot, the mutant known as MAVERICK! Don't miss this special over-sized issue celebrating Logan's history while kicking off the next arc and serving as a jumping on point for new readers!
  • X-Men #16
    The Captain Commander of Krakoa made a fateful decision. There's no going back.
6 January
  • Hellions #8
    SMILE! It was a simple mission: retrieve NANNY'S ship and create a new containment armor for the recently resurrected ORPHAN-MAKER. But the emergence of an old enemy and his deadly warriors make their renewed life a hell on Earth for the HELLIONS!
  • Juggernaut #5/5
    IT'S NOT THE END…HE'S UNSTOPPABLE! The JUGGERNAUT just keeps barreling down the path of righteousness — right into the hands of some very dangerous people. But the question is: for all his personal growth…can Cain Marko save anyone but himself?
  • X-Factor #6
    DEATH SCREAM! Siryn is dead. Again. And again. And again.
13 January
  • Marauders #17
    REMATCH! Storm versus Calisto. This time, it's personal.
  • S.W.O.R.D. #2
    WHAT IS PROTOCOL V? The S.W.O.R.D. station is thrown in at the deep end of a planetary crisis as Krakoa battles the KING IN BLACK! While a cross-division team take on latex dragons from outer space, Abigail Brand prepares a deniable operation all her own. What is PROTOCOL V - and can the Earth survive it?
20 January
  • Cable #7
    A TALE OF TWO TIMELINES! Reeling from the events of X OF SWORDS, Cable turns back to the matter of missing mutant babies… a matter he knows a thing or two about.
  • X-Force #16
    TERRORS OF THE DEEP! FORGE, WOLVERINE and QUENTIN QUIRE brave the depths of the sea, where a deadly discovery reveals a dark side of KRAKOA.
27 January
  • Excalibur #17
    QUEEN ELIZABETH III?!? Opportunities and opportunists. Two heads-of-state seek to restore the state of things.
  • New Mutants #15
    ONCE MORE INTO THE CRUCIBLE! As KARMA and DANI delve deeper into their nightmares, a spider sets his eyes on the most vulnerable of the NEW MUTANTS...Meanwhile, in the Wild Hunt, children play at being adults and prepare for the fight of their lives.
  • Wolverine #9
    WEAPON X – TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER! WOLVERINE's back in MADRIPOOR for an underworld criminal auction specializing in super hero artifacts that will surface more than just bad memories for the mutant formerly known as WEAPON X!
  • X-Men #17
    STORM THE EMPIRE! When the Shi'ar Empire asks the X-Men for help, Cyclops, Storm and Marvel Girl answer the call.
3 February
  • Hellions #9
    HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MUTANT? MR. SINISTER is missing! Will the Hellions be able to put aside the tensions poised to split the team apart long enough to unravel the mystery? On the upside, at least Sinister found his cape.
  • X-Factor #7
    WHO'S THAT KNOCKING? A dark force is manipulating the lives of X-FACTOR just as a striking revelation about one of their deaths comes to light.
  • X-Force #17
    LOVE AND DEATH! Death gives QUENTIN QUIRE a new lease on life. Long live Quentin Quire!
10 February
  • Excalibur #18
    THE WOMAN ON THE SHORE! As the Council makes moves to protect mutants in the Otherworld, Excalibur must determine the fate of Betsy Braddock.
  • S.W.O.R.D. #3
    TAKE A TRIP WITH THE EVERYWHERE MAN! The Void-God has overtaken the Earth. Top-level mutants have been assimilated. Protocol V is in effect. But space is a big place... and a lot of things happen there at once. Walk a mile in the Manifold's shoes, as S.W.O.R.D.'s Quintician takes a multi-artist journey across the universe and back... and comes face to face with S.W.O.R.D.'s deadliest enemy.
  • Wolverine: Black, White & Blood #3/4
    THE BEST THERE IS BY THE BEST THERE ARE! The groundbreaking series continues! Thrill to the Marvel Comics debut of Oscar winner JOHN RIDLEY 12 Years a Slave, The American Way) as he and JORGE FORNÉS bring LOGAN to Japan, where he will question his honor as he clashes blades with the SILVER SAMURAI! Then, it's back to his X-FORCE days with JED MacKAY and JESÚS SAIZ, as WOLVERINE must stop A.I.M.'s plot for the red planet! And, nothing can prepare you for the unstoppable team-up of DONNY CATES and CHRIS BACHALO as Wolverine has a run-in with…COSMIC GHOST RIDER?!
  • Wolverine: Black, White & Blood #4/4
    BRUTAL BATTLES WITH THE UNBREAKABLE MUTANT! The bloody, brutal mayhem continues! Steven S. DeKnight makes his debut in the Marvel Universe as he teams up with Paulo Siquiera to put the best there is through his paces on a bloody trip to the SAVAGE LAND! Kelly Thompson teams with Khary Randolph for a heartfelt — and heart-pounding — episode in Japan! And Ed Brisson takes LOGAN back to the Outback with Leonard Kirk, where he'll go up against the REAVERS!
17 February
  • Cable #8
    LUCKY TO MEET YOU ! Cable gets together with his – ahem - intimate friend Domino long before they ever met! Will it be a fortunate encounter? Or has Cable met his match?
  • Marauders #18
    THE PAST IS NOT THE PAST! The Marauder returns to Madripoor to pay tribute to a fallen friend… but all the while old enemies are being forged anew.
  • X-Men Legends #1
    ALL-NEW TALES STARRING YOUR FAVORITE X-MEN, SPANNING CLASSIC ERAS! Break out the yellows and blues, fire up the Danger Room and snap on your pouches as legendary X-writers return to classic eras of the mutant super heroes in ALL-NEW, in-continuity stories set during their fan-favorite runs! Fabian Nicieza kicks off the series with a special saga of CYCLOPS and HAVOK, as the SHI'AR return to Earth in search of the FORSAKEN ONE! But what secret will the Summers brothers uncover, and how will its revelation change what you thought you knew about the X-Men? Get ready for a story decades in the making! And come back each month as we dive deeper to expand the X-MEN mythos! Welcome back, legends: Hope you survive the experience.
24 February
  • New Mutants #16
    TO BE REBORN...In the Wild Hunt, someone is looking for friends in all the wrong places. Someone else is missing without a trace. And plans which have long been in motion…begin to unfurl.
  • Wolverine #10
    JUST LIKE THE BAD OLD DAYS! WOLVERINE gets into a jam with his old Team X compatriot MAVERICK…but the reunion won't last long if they can't break free of the LEGACY HOUSE!
  • X-Men #18
    INSIDE THE VAULT! It's been a long time since the team went into the vault. A long time.
3 March
  • Children of the Atom #1
    WHEN DID THE X–MEN GET SIDEKICKS?! Now! Don't miss the debut of the greatest teenage super hero team of all time! They've learned from the best, now they're ready to be put to the test! But who the heck are these kids, and where do they come from? Guest-starring the X–Men!
  • Hellions #10
    FUNNY GAMES! The HELLIONS are at the mercy of ARCADE as they face his new psychological MURDERWORLD!
  • Demon Days: X-Men #1/5
    From STORMBREAKER PEACH MOMOKO comes a Marvel story unlike any you've ever seen before! A wandering swordswoman with a psychic blade arrives at village that's being targeted by demons. One demon is black and white with a terrifying red tongue and another may be the strongest demon there is! In the stunning kick-off issue of this prestige quarterly story, you'll see a revolutionary reimagination of the Marvel Universe that could only come from Peach Momoko. Ready your katana and enter a mysterious world of demons, monsters, mutants, and magic! Book ONE of FIVE of the DEMON DAYS saga!
10 March
  • X-Factor #8
    Hey, guys! Wasn't expecting to see X-Factor torpedo up the resurrection queue priority--.
    Boneyard's haunted.
    WHAT?
    *Resurrecting murdered teammates* Boneyard's haunted.
17 March
  • S.W.O.R.D. #4
    KRAKOA, WE HAVE A PROBLEM! The mutants are dying. Their island is dying. Earth itself is dying. All hope for humanity as a species lies in Protocol V. Protocol V isn't going to work.
  • X-Force #18
    WELCOME TO THEIR NIGHTMARES! QUENTIN QUIRE returns to Krakoa to find a nightmare creature wreaking havoc on X-Force. But what deadly secrets are X-Force hiding…and who's trying to unearth them?
24 March
  • Cable #9
    DAYS OF PAST YET TO COME! Cable's future is coming back to haunt him…and he isn't ready. Yet.
  • Excalibur #19
    POISONED BY HER OWN VENOM! She didn't mean anything by it...but what's a girl without a body supposed to do?
31 March
  • X-Men #19
    ESCAPE FROM THE VAULT!
  • X-Men Legends #2
    THE SECRET OF ADAM-X – REVEALED AT LAST! It's the SUMMERS BROTHERS and STARJAMMERS vs. ERIK THE RED and the SHI'AR with the fate of the galaxy at stake, as the full truth behind ADAM-X's lineage is revealed in a story nearly 30 years in the making!
---

Notes:
  • X-Corp and Moira X are still MIA, but seemingly coming during Reign of X (alongside new unannounced titles).
  • There are a few reshufflings/delays, most notably:
    • Cable's issues have all been pushed back a month.
    • Wolverine: BWB #3 has seemingly been delayed to the same day as #4 in February, so I'm assuming the latter is tentative.
    • Children of the Atom's debut has been delayed until March.
  • Marauders, New Mutants and Wolverine are taking March off.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Release list updated through March.
(Dalek, any chance of a threadmark on this?)

---
30 December
  • Wolverine #8
    CELEBRATING 350 ISSUES OF THE SOLO ADVENTURES OF WOLVERINE! Someone's making moves against WOLVERINE'S old crew TEAM X, and it's leaving bodies dropped and artifacts stolen. A mystery unfurls as Logan picks up the scent of his old compatriot, the mutant known as MAVERICK! Don't miss this special over-sized issue celebrating Logan's history while kicking off the next arc and serving as a jumping on point for new readers!
  • X-Men #16
    The Captain Commander of Krakoa made a fateful decision. There's no going back.
6 January
  • Hellions #8
    SMILE! It was a simple mission: retrieve NANNY'S ship and create a new containment armor for the recently resurrected ORPHAN-MAKER. But the emergence of an old enemy and his deadly warriors make their renewed life a hell on Earth for the HELLIONS!
  • Juggernaut #5/5
    IT'S NOT THE END…HE'S UNSTOPPABLE! The JUGGERNAUT just keeps barreling down the path of righteousness — right into the hands of some very dangerous people. But the question is: for all his personal growth…can Cain Marko save anyone but himself?
  • X-Factor #6
    DEATH SCREAM! Siryn is dead. Again. And again. And again.
13 January
  • Marauders #17
    REMATCH! Storm versus Calisto. This time, it's personal.
  • S.W.O.R.D. #2
    WHAT IS PROTOCOL V? The S.W.O.R.D. station is thrown in at the deep end of a planetary crisis as Krakoa battles the KING IN BLACK! While a cross-division team take on latex dragons from outer space, Abigail Brand prepares a deniable operation all her own. What is PROTOCOL V - and can the Earth survive it?
20 January
  • Cable #7
    A TALE OF TWO TIMELINES! Reeling from the events of X OF SWORDS, Cable turns back to the matter of missing mutant babies… a matter he knows a thing or two about.
  • X-Force #16
    TERRORS OF THE DEEP! FORGE, WOLVERINE and QUENTIN QUIRE brave the depths of the sea, where a deadly discovery reveals a dark side of KRAKOA.
27 January
  • Excalibur #17
    QUEEN ELIZABETH III?!? Opportunities and opportunists. Two heads-of-state seek to restore the state of things.
  • New Mutants #15
    ONCE MORE INTO THE CRUCIBLE! As KARMA and DANI delve deeper into their nightmares, a spider sets his eyes on the most vulnerable of the NEW MUTANTS...Meanwhile, in the Wild Hunt, children play at being adults and prepare for the fight of their lives.
  • Wolverine #9
    WEAPON X – TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER! WOLVERINE's back in MADRIPOOR for an underworld criminal auction specializing in super hero artifacts that will surface more than just bad memories for the mutant formerly known as WEAPON X!
  • X-Men #17
    STORM THE EMPIRE! When the Shi'ar Empire asks the X-Men for help, Cyclops, Storm and Marvel Girl answer the call.
3 February
  • Hellions #9
    HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MUTANT? MR. SINISTER is missing! Will the Hellions be able to put aside the tensions poised to split the team apart long enough to unravel the mystery? On the upside, at least Sinister found his cape.
  • X-Factor #7
    WHO'S THAT KNOCKING? A dark force is manipulating the lives of X-FACTOR just as a striking revelation about one of their deaths comes to light.
  • X-Force #17
    LOVE AND DEATH! Death gives QUENTIN QUIRE a new lease on life. Long live Quentin Quire!
10 February
  • Excalibur #18
    THE WOMAN ON THE SHORE! As the Council makes moves to protect mutants in the Otherworld, Excalibur must determine the fate of Betsy Braddock.
  • S.W.O.R.D. #3
    TAKE A TRIP WITH THE EVERYWHERE MAN! The Void-God has overtaken the Earth. Top-level mutants have been assimilated. Protocol V is in effect. But space is a big place... and a lot of things happen there at once. Walk a mile in the Manifold's shoes, as S.W.O.R.D.'s Quintician takes a multi-artist journey across the universe and back... and comes face to face with S.W.O.R.D.'s deadliest enemy.
  • Wolverine: Black, White & Blood #3/4
    THE BEST THERE IS BY THE BEST THERE ARE! The groundbreaking series continues! Thrill to the Marvel Comics debut of Oscar winner JOHN RIDLEY 12 Years a Slave, The American Way) as he and JORGE FORNÉS bring LOGAN to Japan, where he will question his honor as he clashes blades with the SILVER SAMURAI! Then, it's back to his X-FORCE days with JED MacKAY and JESÚS SAIZ, as WOLVERINE must stop A.I.M.'s plot for the red planet! And, nothing can prepare you for the unstoppable team-up of DONNY CATES and CHRIS BACHALO as Wolverine has a run-in with…COSMIC GHOST RIDER?!
  • Wolverine: Black, White & Blood #4/4
    BRUTAL BATTLES WITH THE UNBREAKABLE MUTANT! The bloody, brutal mayhem continues! Steven S. DeKnight makes his debut in the Marvel Universe as he teams up with Paulo Siquiera to put the best there is through his paces on a bloody trip to the SAVAGE LAND! Kelly Thompson teams with Khary Randolph for a heartfelt — and heart-pounding — episode in Japan! And Ed Brisson takes LOGAN back to the Outback with Leonard Kirk, where he'll go up against the REAVERS!
17 February
  • Cable #8
    LUCKY TO MEET YOU ! Cable gets together with his – ahem - intimate friend Domino long before they ever met! Will it be a fortunate encounter? Or has Cable met his match?
  • Marauders #18
    THE PAST IS NOT THE PAST! The Marauder returns to Madripoor to pay tribute to a fallen friend… but all the while old enemies are being forged anew.
  • X-Men Legends #1
    ALL-NEW TALES STARRING YOUR FAVORITE X-MEN, SPANNING CLASSIC ERAS! Break out the yellows and blues, fire up the Danger Room and snap on your pouches as legendary X-writers return to classic eras of the mutant super heroes in ALL-NEW, in-continuity stories set during their fan-favorite runs! Fabian Nicieza kicks off the series with a special saga of CYCLOPS and HAVOK, as the SHI'AR return to Earth in search of the FORSAKEN ONE! But what secret will the Summers brothers uncover, and how will its revelation change what you thought you knew about the X-Men? Get ready for a story decades in the making! And come back each month as we dive deeper to expand the X-MEN mythos! Welcome back, legends: Hope you survive the experience.
24 February
  • New Mutants #16
    TO BE REBORN...In the Wild Hunt, someone is looking for friends in all the wrong places. Someone else is missing without a trace. And plans which have long been in motion…begin to unfurl.
  • Wolverine #10
    JUST LIKE THE BAD OLD DAYS! WOLVERINE gets into a jam with his old Team X compatriot MAVERICK…but the reunion won't last long if they can't break free of the LEGACY HOUSE!
  • X-Men #18
    INSIDE THE VAULT! It's been a long time since the team went into the vault. A long time.
3 March
  • Children of the Atom #1
    WHEN DID THE X–MEN GET SIDEKICKS?! Now! Don't miss the debut of the greatest teenage super hero team of all time! They've learned from the best, now they're ready to be put to the test! But who the heck are these kids, and where do they come from? Guest-starring the X–Men!
  • Hellions #10
    FUNNY GAMES! The HELLIONS are at the mercy of ARCADE as they face his new psychological MURDERWORLD!
  • Demon Days: X-Men #1/5
    From STORMBREAKER PEACH MOMOKO comes a Marvel story unlike any you've ever seen before! A wandering swordswoman with a psychic blade arrives at village that's being targeted by demons. One demon is black and white with a terrifying red tongue and another may be the strongest demon there is! In the stunning kick-off issue of this prestige quarterly story, you'll see a revolutionary reimagination of the Marvel Universe that could only come from Peach Momoko. Ready your katana and enter a mysterious world of demons, monsters, mutants, and magic! Book ONE of FIVE of the DEMON DAYS saga!
10 March
  • X-Factor #8
    Hey, guys! Wasn't expecting to see X-Factor torpedo up the resurrection queue priority--.
    Boneyard's haunted.
    WHAT?
    *Resurrecting murdered teammates* Boneyard's haunted.
17 March
  • S.W.O.R.D. #4
    KRAKOA, WE HAVE A PROBLEM! The mutants are dying. Their island is dying. Earth itself is dying. All hope for humanity as a species lies in Protocol V. Protocol V isn't going to work.
  • X-Force #18
    WELCOME TO THEIR NIGHTMARES! QUENTIN QUIRE returns to Krakoa to find a nightmare creature wreaking havoc on X-Force. But what deadly secrets are X-Force hiding…and who's trying to unearth them?
24 March
  • Cable #9
    DAYS OF PAST YET TO COME! Cable's future is coming back to haunt him…and he isn't ready. Yet.
  • Excalibur #19
    POISONED BY HER OWN VENOM! She didn't mean anything by it...but what's a girl without a body supposed to do?
31 March
  • X-Men #19
    ESCAPE FROM THE VAULT!
  • X-Men Legends #2
    THE SECRET OF ADAM-X – REVEALED AT LAST! It's the SUMMERS BROTHERS and STARJAMMERS vs. ERIK THE RED and the SHI'AR with the fate of the galaxy at stake, as the full truth behind ADAM-X's lineage is revealed in a story nearly 30 years in the making!
---

Notes:
  • X-Corp and Moira X are still MIA, but seemingly coming during Reign of X (alongside new unannounced titles).
  • There are a few reshufflings/delays, most notably:
    • Cable's issues have all been pushed back a month.
    • Wolverine: BWB #3 has seemingly been delayed to the same day as #4 in February, so I'm assuming the latter is tentative.
    • Children of the Atom's debut has been delayed until March.
  • Marauders, New Mutants and Wolverine are taking March off.
Added. Thanks!

zaxil456

Aug 4, 2020
I kinda fell off of these titles around when Covid first started but I'm gonna catch up pretty soon.

At this pont I mostly just read X-Men for Kitty Pryde. Marauders was really good and I'm excited to see how Kitty's storyline was concluded.

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How's Cable and the Juggs mini series? I've only been reading X-men, X-Force, Hellions, and Marauders.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Interesting issue of Xmen today.

Got a definitive idea of the "size" of Arrako (the population is 20x what Krakoa is) as well as the confirmation of 9-12 more Omega mutants there.

If every other marvel book isn't straight up panic at a 4 million+ mutant army appearing on an island out of nowhere Marvel is messing up.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Its members being elected by the general population is a really interesting angle for a superhero team that I'm a little surprised hasn't been done before, or at least I'm struggling to think of an example where it was at the center of a story like this looks to be.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Its members being elected by the general population is a really interesting angle for a superhero team that I'm a little surprised hasn't been done before, or at least I'm struggling to think of an example where it was at the center of a story like this looks to be.

Yeah I can't think of it happening either. The closest I can think of is when Falcon ended up on the Avengers Roster by government mandate back in the 80s.

Its a novel idea, but one that is super dumb and can only go horribly wrong.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I can't think of it happening either. The closest I can think of is when Falcon ended up on the Avengers Roster by government mandate back in the 80s.

Its a novel idea, but one that is super dumb and can only go horribly wrong.

If we don't get an absolutely bizarre and baffling line-up out of this, it will have all been a waste.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
my hope: no one votes for wolverine
Mojo bought the streaming rights to X of Swords and now that everyone has seen how hard he jobbed that, no one will want on any team or on Krakoa. That's why he's hanging out with his CIA dude in his tepid book.

They'll elect Doug team leader, only because they don't know how amazing Kate is and she's on the Council anyway.

JDazzle

Nov 6, 2017
What I'm looking forward to is the campaign... clearly there must be some campaigning going on by at least some of the mutants.

I feel this could be a fun arc similar to X of Swords.

Also, with Arakko having a much larger population, if they are allowed to vote they could easily get one (or more) of their own on the team.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
What I'm looking forward to is the campaign... clearly there must be some campaigning going on by at least some of the mutants.

I feel this could be a fun arc similar to X of Swords.

Also, with Arakko having a much larger population, if they are allowed to vote they could easily get one (or more) of their own on the team.

It looks like the team members will be one per party(?) or interest group

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
If we don't get an absolutely bizarre and baffling line-up out of this, it will have all been a waste.

It's Eye Scream's time to shine!

qUlOkswOGMQCIMJyLE7CEzwjqU9V_wlwNyb-vNUqnQ3S3qt85ZR75OBe7VnMO1Qq6M9FwA1qvtfS5EcIPFmaxBQxen3-QThqzDw