• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Really glad that X-Factor is back, fun quiet issue.

Hellions was neat, fucking Clive lol. Interesting that ressurecting from Arakko leads to you being a supertuned version of yourself. I wonder if the reverse would work for Arakko mutants dying on Krakoa. Also what the fuck is Orphan Maker's ability that has Xavier all spooked.

Also both issues mention Gorgon's resurrection so I'm really interested to see how that ended up
The zombie Marauders almost cracked his armor and acid leaked out that melted one of them

Maybe he's like the blob (the movie not the mutant villain) that would consume everything

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Scott showed up in a non-X related/non-event title for the first time today.
image.png

Get fucked Franklin Richards. Also Dust is here.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
Vee
Hellion and Wind Dancer get some focus in today's X-Factor.
Yoooo!!! Im actually pretty behind on the post HoX/PoX books, havent read since feb so i left off around issue 7-8 of xmen,marauders,x force, new mutants and i dropped f*llen *ngels and excalibur. But I'll mos def be catching up in the coming weeks

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Kid wakes up after hitting puberty, goes down stairs, no food in the house parents nowhere to be found. Only sign of life is clothes on the floor.

Heads out, doesn't see anyone on the street for a good while until he gets to school. Starts talking to his girlfriend until she points behind him in shock where other students are screaming in pain, catching fire, and melting. Turns back around and now the same thing is happening to her with her last words being "it's you."

Cut to Wolverine in a cave, drinking. The kid comes out of the shadows and tells him he needs to leave because it's dangerous. Wolverine says he knows. They have a conversation where, ultimately, the kid is made aware that he's a mutant, his powers manifested over night as he hit puberty, and that his power, over which he has no control, is basically to destroy all organic material in his proximity.

Thank you!

Sounds pretty edgy, but I guess that was Ultimate Marvel for you. Cool thing to incorporate here if that's really what they're doing.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
My first read of the Claremont run lined up so perfectly with shit going down in Hellions. Motherfucking Cameron Hodges appearing a couple of weeks after reading the first appearance of Archangel? Nanny/Orphan Maker shit right at the moment I'm getting to read X-Factor vol1 #40? Good shit.

Not even mad at Liefeld taking art duties over Walt Simonson, I swear.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
My first read of the Claremont run lined up so perfectly with shit going down in Hellions. Motherfucking Cameron Hodges appearing a couple of weeks after reading the first appearance of Archangel? Nanny/Orphan Maker shit right at the moment I'm getting to read X-Factor vol1 #40? Good shit.

Dude when I saw Cameron Hodge my jaw dropped. That's right when I was getting into X-Men big time with X-Tinction Agenda.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Dude when I saw Cameron Hodge my jaw dropped. That's right when I was getting into X-Men big time with X-Tinction Agenda.
When I saw them mention "The Right" I was bracing for those wacky Smileys, it delivered. Helps that Hellions is one of the top X-line books, shit is hilarious. Bless Gillen for his take on Sinister, it makes soooo much sense.

Was suprised to see Jean on the council at the beginning of the issue, she was supposed to be gone from it following XoS. I hope they're not sweeping that stuff under the rug.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Haha. This is another reason I love Hellions, because it's a love letter to the Mutant Massacre - Fall of the Mutants years.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Why ressurect Gorgon if they know what happens if you do ressurect someone from Otherworld

Because the person is "different", not dead or unable to use their power.

I'm curious if they'll ever figure out how to solve the issue, but for now it's only effected Rockskide and Gorgon. I think it makes sense for Charles to want to bring back Gorgon since reproducing a problem is usually a part of solving it ultimately.

Harmonius

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Hellions is the functional equivalent of Superior Foes of Spider-Man to me right now, in that I'd probably buy a book off of this cast going to an amusement park even if it had relevance because it's just that well written.
So is there like a reading order for this Hickman run?
Order of Publication as collected in the Trade Dawn of X books seems to be the go to method right now.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Ah thanks. Ok that seems like a convenient way to read it. Bought Hous of X/Power of X already and maybe wait a bit and then get a bunch of these on sale on Comixology. Or maybe I'll just subscribe to Marvel unlimited if I am in after I liked the trade I bought.

Oct 25, 2017
Hellions is the functional equivalent of Superior Foes of Spider-Man to me right now, in that I'd probably buy a book off of this cast going to an amusement park even if it had relevance because it's just that well written.

Order of Publication as collected in the Trade Dawn of X books seems to be the go to method right now.

At this stage of hellions I'd be ok reading a story about Sinister shopping for capes during Black Friday

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
When I saw them mention "The Right" I was bracing for those wacky Smileys, it delivered. Helps that Hellions is one of the top X-line books, shit is hilarious. Bless Gillen for his take on Sinister, it makes soooo much sense.

Was suprised to see Jean on the council at the beginning of the issue, she was supposed to be gone from it following XoS. I hope they're not sweeping that stuff under the rug.
I wouldn't be surprised if Covid and the expansion of X of Swords to 22 issues threw some of the art off. If I had to guess, this story probably would have come out after Hellions #6 and before X of Swords: Destruction. Easier to draw Storm in than draw Jean out.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on X of Swords, loved chapter 13 with the Marauders where they're scouting Arrako's team to see which hand they favoured etc

X-Men at their best when they work together.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
All caught up on X of Swords. Really enjoyed it.

God damn, I love how Hickman writes Scott Summers. Finally doing him justice.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel Legends House of X / Powers of X wave unveiled:

thefwoosh.com

Hasbro: Marvel Legends Dusty Deadpool, Silver Surfer, and House of X Hi-Res Promotional Images and Info

Here's all the big ol' pictures and details for today's Marvel Legends reveals! MARVEL LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH DEADPOOL 2 DEADPOOL Figure (HASBRO/Age 14 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $24.99/Available: Spring 2021) Fans and collectors alike can enjoy this MARVEL LEGENDS SERI

Pofessor X
Magneto
Cyclops
Wolverine
Marvel Girl
Moira
Omega Sentinel

Build a Figure: Tri-Sentinel

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London

thefwoosh.com

Hasbro: Marvel Legends Dusty Deadpool, Silver Surfer, and House of X Hi-Res Promotional Images and Info

Here's all the big ol' pictures and details for today's Marvel Legends reveals! MARVEL LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH DEADPOOL 2 DEADPOOL Figure (HASBRO/Age 14 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $24.99/Available: Spring 2021) Fans and collectors alike can enjoy this MARVEL LEGENDS SERI

Pofessor X
Magneto
Cyclops
Wolverine
Marvel Girl
Moira
Omega Sentinel

If ya don't want to surf away from the site:

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-01__scaled_600.jpg

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

thefwoosh.com

Pofessor X
Magneto
Cyclops
Wolverine
Marvel Girl
Moira
Omega Sentinel

I'm gonna try to get the Cyclops.

JDazzle

Nov 6, 2017
Is that in S.W.O.R.D.? Is it good? I've been picking up all the xmen titles, but missed that one.
Hard to say right now.

The premise and their setup takes the entire issue and eventually leads to a cliffhanger as to what the hell they just did.

I'm going to stick with it to see what happens... It has promise

The art, however... Hoooo boy.

The first few pages were good, I think, but then Magneto ends up going from a powerful presence to a thin-faced old codger. It's very alarming.

Additional, a lot of the characters have a similar butterface transformation. The art isn't terrible, but the face issues are definitely jarring.

I'm hoping it was just a fluke but it happens so much in this issue that I'm not sure...

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mixed feelings on SWORD. I really have no idea what's going on here, and those fabulous artsy pages were a bit much.

Marauders is great again, although I will note that the premise of the series (sailing the seas to recover mutants from problem countries) has been followed through in maybe 2-3 issues of the whole run so far.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Ewing (and the rest of the X-Office I assume) expanding on the idea of mutants making their powers work together and tying it back to the fastball special is preeeeetty dope.

Loved S.W.O.R.D. #1, wacky faces and all.

And I'm getting another round of synchronicity, having read X-Terminator (Wiz-Kid's first appearance) recently. Lila Cheney and Skids being mentionned in the datapages is cool too.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
These motherfuckers just teleported past the Source Wall into the Overvoid* on day one. Shit was hype.

*The Far Shore being Marvel's version of the Source Wall since it's the last thing before the edge of the universe out into nothing, which is the Outside, and that's just the Overvoid.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
These motherfuckers just teleported past the Source Wall into the Overvoid* on day one. Shit was hype.

*The Far Shore being Marvel's version of the Source Wall since it's the last thing before the edge of the universe out into nothing, which is the Outside, and that's just the Overvoid.
They brought back a piece of Element X to build a Miracle Machine.