• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
So Isca is an Omega. That power is pretty bullshit so Omega is fitting.
It's bullshit but she can't beat anyone way more powerful than her at least in that situation she would just switch sides
It's not total bullshit
The more I think about it, the more putting Isca in any position of responsibility seems like a really bad idea.
Imagine Isca teaming up with the humans or sentinels because Krakoa was getting fucked

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
At least Isca is a good indicator of when you should bail the fuck out. Don't see her getting a seat at the council though. But who knows, some Arrakoan representation there would make sense.

It will be interesting to see who is going to get those two seats at the grown ups table. For drama's sake I'm voting for Beast lol, he has that "failing upwards" quality.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They introduced so many interesting Arakko characters that I just realized that Pestilence and Famine pretty much didn't do anything the entire event.

Oct 26, 2017
At least Isca is a good indicator of when you should bail the fuck out. Don't see her getting a seat at the council though. But who knows, some Arrakoan representation there would make sense.

It will be interesting to see who is going to get those two seats at the grown ups table. For drama's sake I'm voting for Beast lol, he has that "failing upwards" quality.

The problem being, once she's identified that, it's already too late.

Personally, I could see her being a captain before a council member. I think Solem would make for an interesting addition though.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
"Reign of X" is hype as fuck but part of me is already bracing for the upcoming "Fall of X". Don't do this to me X-Office, please.

The problem being, once she's identified that, it's already too late.

Personally, I could see her being a captain before a council member. I think Solem would make for an interesting addition though.
Yup, I could see her take Gorgon's post. But even then, captains should be trusted not to turn like she's prone too. Resurection protocols would make her able to take one for the team but even then...

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My unprompted rankings of the Arakko characters, just based on who I like/want to see more of so far:

1. White Sword
  2. Isca
  3. Bei
  4. Genesis
  5. Pogg Ur-Pogg
  6. Solem
  7. Death
  8. War
  9. Redroot
  10. Summoner
  11. Pestilence
  12. Famine

Oct 26, 2017
"Reign of X" is hype as fuck but part of me is already bracing for the upcoming "Fall of X". Don't do this to me X-Office, please.

Yup, I could see her take Gorgon's post. But even then, captains should be trusted not to turn like she's prone too. Resurection protocols would make her able to take one for the team but even then...

Yeah, she'd make an interesting swap for Gorgon, though I agree it would be a very risky move. Resurrection protocols would have no effect though, she cannot lose, even to win a larger objective.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, she'd make an interesting swap for Gorgon, though I agree it would be a very risky move. Resurrection protocols would have no effect though, she cannot lose, even to win a larger objective.
That depends on how her power is defined and how her character and motivations are set up. That could be a starting point for a good story beat imho.

You could have her decide that Krakoa winning is in her interests so her dying and being resurected might not be considered a loss to her. That could be cool. Hope we see more of her soon anyway.

Looking forward to how Arrokan refugees will integrate or not in the larger mutant society.

Oct 26, 2017
That depends on how her power is defined and how her character and motivations are set up. That could be a starting point for a good story beat imho.

You could have her decide that Krakoa winning is in her interests so her dying and being resurected might not be considered a loss to her. That could be cool. Hope we see more of her soon anyway.

Looking forward to how Arrokan refugees will integrate or not in the larger mutant society.

We've seen it doesn't work like that though, she doesn't decide who wins, her powers just force her onto the winning side.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
As far as we know she pretty much can only win in situations where she a chance of winning and only her not people she likes or actually loyal to
She can't do the impossible

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
What a finale. Jesus. The entire second half of the crossover was just phenomenal. Tons of setup but the payoff is glorious.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really like the idea of them phasing out the X-Men, it really drives the point home of what Krakoa means that it's gonna set up a conflict with Scott vs the council.

Which means the council is wrong.
Because Cyclops is right.

Nice event, glad the offed summoner.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Apocalypse, Genesis, War, Famine, and Pestilence returned to Amenth.
  2. Death is presiding over Sevalith.
  3. Summoner & Gorgon are dead dead. The latter will have a scrambled resurrection.
  4. Betsy 616 is still ???
  5. The rest of Arakko is reuniting with Korakoa.
  6. The two council seats that are open are Apocalypse's (Autumn) and Jean's (Summer), but not Storm since she left before the vote.
Did I get all of that right? If so, and since they had a full page describing ideology differences between the different quadrants/seasons of the council, is it safe to assume they'll try to recruit members who fit the preexisting competing ideologies?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Aside from the horsemen, were the rest of the Arakko swordbearers created for this event? If so fucking bravo at how they managed to introduce so many great characters

I hope someone from Arrako gets a seat but Beast is DEFINITELY taking one of those seats lmao

Oct 26, 2017
  3. Summoner & Gorgon are dead dead. The latter will have a scrambled resurrection.
  6. The two council seats that are open are Apocalypse's (Autumn) and Jean's (Summer), but not Storm since she left before the vote.
Did I get all of that right? If so, and since they had a full page describing ideology differences between the different quadrants/seasons of the council, is it safe to assume they'll try to recruit members who fit the preexisting competing ideologies?

That's probably what Magneto and Xavier would like to do but I can see Shaw, Sinister and Mystique throwing spanners in the works.

EDIT: There's also the matter of Arrako (and their speaker when they're eventually rescued) getting a voice too. So I think we're looking at 3 (possibly 4) new additions to the dynamic. Exciting!

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Aside from the horsemen, were the rest of the Arakko swordbearers created for this event? If so fucking bravo at how they managed to introduce so many great characters

I hope someone from Arrako gets a seat but Beast is DEFINITELY taking one of those seats lmao
I feel like Sebastian Stan is going to manipulate who gets those seats

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I know the relationships are non-exclusive now, but it really feels like Hickman is turning Scott and Jean back into the premier power couple of the X-Men. Leaning heavily into the husband/wife/family angle.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
While the ending was very very cool, I can't say I'm completely in love with the event.
I feel that way too much set up for things that weren't needed (read: swords).
Got to hand it, it wil be a great hardcover with glorious art.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
RedRoot should still be trapped in jar by mad jim
White Sword and his squad are probably back in their tower
Bei is probably with Krakoa
I guess Isca is krakoan since she turned but who knows

Bookkoo

Apr 9, 2018

Came here to post this lol. Third act is definitely going to be Fall of X.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I guess Isca is krakoan since she turned but who knows

The data page notes that Mercy (isca's sword) is on Arakko, with the Omega Mutant sitting in judgement of the great ring.

So confirmation that Isca is an Omega mutant (no surprise there) and has taken Apocalypse's spot presiding over that combat ring

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
But Arakko will be joining Krakoa in the "real world" in exchange for A going back to Amenth with his wife so...

Btw wonder if it means we will be calling the island Okkara from now on.

Oct 26, 2017
But Arakko will be joining Krakoa in the "real world" in exchange for A going back to Amenth with his wife so...

Btw wonder if it means will be calling the island Okkara from now on.

That seems to be where we're going.

Don't think they'll be calling the island Okkara though, I don't think the island's are as unified as they were in the past.

EDIT: I think the Great Ring may be a location on Arrako rather than the Arena where Crucible happens, but I guess we'll see.

EDIT EDIT: Actually, they probably will take to calling the island Okkara, even if only officially, to help distinguish between the island and the nation.

Last edited:

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017

I hope that Krakoa never completely falls. I'm all for major evolutions in its development and changes to the status quo, but it'd be a complete waste to revert back to the same boring old status quo writers have been mining for years.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I hope that Krakoa never completely falls. I'm all for major evolutions in its development and changes to the status quo, but it'd be a complete waste to revert back to the same boring old status quo writers have been mining for years.

Anybody want to take a stab at what the mutant population numbers are now

Naphu

Apr 6, 2018
Bei is bae. Her and Banshee need to have a scream-off. Black Bolt wins though.

More importantly: Isca's ride or die dilemma.

There's so many ways to fail with Isca on your team. X-Men have always been ride or die and Isca is fundamentally not that. She's ride but never die. X-Men are constantly presented the dilemma of putting the mission first at the cost of personally losing which is something Isca is incapable of doing. Even in Dawn of X we had Cyke's Orchid strike force and year 100 X-men vs Nimrod take the L in order to finish the mission. The entire premise of this X-Men relaunch is fighting against an impossible fate and an inevitable extinction.

And we're giving this person political power? Moira, please come out of your hole talk some sense into these fools.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I know this an unpopular opinion here but Isca is a lame character with a lazy power.

"She always wins"

Really?

I can't believe people want her on the Council is crazy. Based on her lazy ass power anything she would put to a vote she'd win. "I suggest we vote ending the Resurrection"

Her mutant power means she will win the vote.

"I suggest we vote that in all things, my word is law."

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I know this an unpopular opinion here but Isca is a lame character with a lazy power.

"She always wins"

Really?

I can't believe people want her on the Council is crazy. Based on her lazy ass power anything she would put to a vote she'd win. "I suggest we vote ending the Resurrection"

Her power is vague enough where a writer would decide instead of her vote winning she would just switch her vote to whoever is winning

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
After XoS, I'm reminded of the great wife injustice on Krakoa
RCO022_1581517658.jpg

Oct 26, 2017

"She always wins"

Really?

There's a big difference between anything you do winning and always being on the winning side though, as the mutants of Arrako discovered twice.

Honestly, I think this is why they had that panel of Isca wanting to hunt the remaining X Men like dogs, to show that her intent doesn't matter. It would be more likely that she would table those motions and not vote, as they have no chance of winning.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
There's a big difference between anything you do winning and always being on the winning side though, as the mutants of Arrako discovered twice.

Honestly, I think this is why they had that panel of Isca wanting to hunt the remaining X Men like dogs, to show that her intent doesn't matter. It would be more likely that she would table those motions and not vote, as they have no chance of winning.
I wonder if she could choose to ignore it or if she's a slave to it (i don't psychologically)

Oct 26, 2017
It would be funny if in a no stakes sports game between family or friends she keeps switching team to whoever is in the lead
It would be something in a hellion book

Yeah I fully expect us to get a few moments like that to make it hurt more when she's forced to go against the team hard. Also, I really want to see a game between her and Domino.

Also, there's a potential out in her powers that a draw is not a loss.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I fully expect us to get a few moments like that to make it hurt more when she's forced to go against the team hard. Also, I really want to see a game between her and Domino.

Also, there's a potential out in her powers that a draw is not a loss.
Domino is just lucky but she can still lose or die
It'll be funny though

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe people want her on the Council is crazy. Based on her lazy ass power anything she would put to a vote she'd win.
I'd like to note that Isca's power isn't that she always wins. It's that she never loses.

She wouldn't even be able to raise the vote in the first place if she had no way of winning it.

As for Isca v. Domino? Isca wins and Domino benefits from it.

Oct 25, 2017
I forget, have any collected editions come out yet? I've been getting them week to week but am contemplating getting proper trades where it's back to back issues in chronological since Comixology doesn't let you organize how you want