• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Amenth is not part of Otherworld? Shit is confusing lol.

At least the ones that got fucked up in Avalon will have rez issues.
The evil Amenth hellions specifically says that the swordbearers went to Otherworld so unless someone fucked up Amenth should be fine
Unless Sinister lied
Amenth was always it weird dimension
To be fair i thought amenth was on Otherworld too lol

I mean only Gorgon has died who we all suspected lol
I doubt Betsy is actually dead that screams Magic Emma Saturdays shenanigans

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, Amenth is separate from Otherworld. I believe there was a line of dialogue earlier that indicated it's a parallel Earth that was corrupted by demons.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Amenth is not Otherworld, but we also don't know if resurrections are possible from Amenth. It depends on whether it introduces corruption into the storage like a death on Otherworld does.

Rockslide aside, have we had any resurrections of people who died in another universe yet?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Amenth is not Otherworld, but we also don't know if resurrections are possible from Amenth. It depends on whether it introduces corruption into the storage like a death on Otherworld does.

Rockslide aside, have we had any resurrections of people who died in another universe yet?
Wind Dancer was killed in Mojoworld in Xfactor, she should have been in the queue for ressurection they never mentioned yet if there was a problem

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
It was stated that Otherworld's nature as a "convergence of possibilities" at the heart of the multiverse is what causes it to corrupt resurrections. I don't think the intention was that all other parallel universes cause corruptions.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks!

There was also Wanda's mail inbox in Strange Academy:
Scarlet-Witch-Email-Magneto-Image.jpg

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"I'm leaving with my wife, but as a parting gift here's an island full of ancient angry mutant prisoners BYE"

Savage.

Oct 25, 2017
After much fuckery and wandering that was a rather big ending. It felt a bit rushed, in a way, and I kind of wish the bits were strung out more and the overall story was fleshed out.

I'd still take this over Secret Wars though. After that I came away enamored with Doom and Black Panther. X of Swords had me thinking and wondering about so many different characters and now waiting on more to see where this goes.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They went all out with the ending, which probably landed better because there wasn't as much fighting in the lead up to it. Impressed that they even got Gwenpool in there. Fitting end to Apocalypse's story, and it's going to be great seeing the Arakko people show up more.

Two empty seats on the council now too, a lot of places this could go.

Laughed at Saturyne asking if Annihilation should be turned into a sword.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Release list updated through February.
As expected, X-Corp and Moira X are still MIA.

Some big gaps here. X-Men and Wolverine are off until 30 December, and Cable isn't back until 20 January.
Children of the Atom starts on 6th January, and then is nowhere to be seen for two months.

Otherwise, the titles have settled back into a monthly rhythm.

---
2 December
  • Hellions #7
    Mr. Sinister's team of Hellions are dead. Oh, the pain! Oh, the injustice! Oh, the--wait a minute…what's Sinister really up to? The fallout from X OF SWORDS!
  • X-Factor #5
    The events of X OF SWORDS have put the resurrection protocols in jeopardy! As the Five deals with the fallout, X-Factor investigates those affected by the tragedy...
9 December
  • Juggernaut #4/5
    KNOCK DOWN, DRAG OUT! For once, Juggernaut is worried about something other than himself. It's not easy, it's not what he's used to… but D-Cell is counting on him. Try and stop him from helping.
  • Marauders #16
    The Black King did wrong. Now he must pay.
  • S.W.O.R.D. #1
    ONE GIANT LEAP FOR MUTANTKIND! The Mutant nation of Krakoa has quickly become a major force on the world stage... but why stop there? Krakoa has relaunched the Sentient World Observation & Response Directorate—a fully independent organization dealing with all things extra-terrestrial on behalf of all of Earth. Al Ewing and Valerio Schitti, the team behind EMPYRE, bring us the tale of Mutantkind looking to do for the galaxy what Krakoa did for the planet.
16 December
  • New Mutants #14
    On the edge of Krakoan society, the NEW MUTANTS are loose in the Wild Hunt! Going big, blowing things up, and combining powers to see who gets crowned king of the mountain. But something lurks in the trees -- something old… and HUNGRY… and its favorite prey is young mutants…
  • Wolverine: Black, White & Blood #2/4
    SHARPEN YOUR CLAWS FOR ROUND TWO OF WOLVERINE'S ALL-NEW ALL-STAR BLOODY BATTLES! The adventures of WOLVERINE continue in the visceral black, white and blood red format! Legendary X-scribe Chris Claremont re-teams with the incomparable Salvador Larroca to bring LOGAN back to Madripoor as PATCH, where he and KATE PRYDE face their toughest battle yet. Then, Saladin Ahmed and Kev Walker build a life-or-death catch-22, courtesy of the maniacal ARCADE, that will force Wolverine to make a life-or-death decision! Vita Ayala and Greg Land put Wolverine on a mission to stop a "cure" for the X-gene where he'll cross paths with his deadliest foe: SABRETOOTH!
  • X-Force #15
    Omega Red's harboring a deadly secret, and X-Force may have to cross a line to keep Krakoa safe. But nothing compares to the trust broken by the interrogation of one of their own.
23 December
  • Cable #7
    A TALE OF TWO TIMELINES! Reeling from the events of X OF SWORDS, Cable turns back to the matter of missing mutant babies… a matter he knows a thing or two about.
  • Excalibur #16
    The team is left changed in the aftermath of X OF SWORDS… and some things lost cannot be replaced.
30 December
  • Wolverine #8
    CELEBRATING 350 ISSUES OF THE SOLO ADVENTURES OF WOLVERINE! Someone's making moves against WOLVERINE'S old crew TEAM X, and it's leaving bodies dropped and artifacts stolen. A mystery unfurls as Logan picks up the scent of his old compatriot, the mutant known as MAVERICK! Don't miss this special over-sized issue celebrating Logan's history while kicking off the next arc and serving as a jumping on point for new readers!
  • X-Men #16
    The Captain Commander of Krakoa made a fateful decision. There's no going back.
6 January
  • Children of the Atom #1
    WHEN DID THE X–MEN GET SIDEKICKS?! Now! Don't miss the debut of the greatest teenage super hero team of all time! They've learned from the best, now they're ready to be put to the test! But who the heck are these kids, and where do they come from? Guest-starring the X–Men!
  • Hellions #8
    SMILE! It was a simple mission: retrieve NANNY'S ship and create a new containment armor for the recently resurrected ORPHAN-MAKER. But the emergence of an old enemy and his deadly warriors make their renewed life a hell on Earth for the HELLIONS!
  • Juggernaut #5/5
    IT'S NOT THE END…HE'S UNSTOPPABLE! The JUGGERNAUT just keeps barreling down the path of righteousness — right into the hands of some very dangerous people. But the question is: for all his personal growth…can Cain Marko save anyone but himself?
  • X-Factor #6
    DEATH SCREAM! Siryn is dead. Again. And again. And again.
13 January
  • Marauders #17
    REMATCH! Storm versus Calisto. This time, it's personal.
  • S.W.O.R.D. #2
    WHAT IS PROTOCOL V? The S.W.O.R.D. station is thrown in at the deep end of a planetary crisis as Krakoa battles the KING IN BLACK! While a cross-division team take on latex dragons from outer space, Abigail Brand prepares a deniable operation all her own. What is PROTOCOL V - and can the Earth survive it?
  • Wolverine: Black, White & Blood #3/4
    THE BEST THERE IS BY THE BEST THERE ARE! The groundbreaking series continues! Thrill to the Marvel Comics debut of Oscar winner JOHN RIDLEY 12 Years a Slave, The American Way) as he and JORGE FORNÉS bring LOGAN to Japan, where he will question his honor as he clashes blades with the SILVER SAMURAI! Then, it's back to his X-FORCE days with JED MacKAY and JESÚS SAIZ, as WOLVERINE must stop A.I.M.'s plot for the red planet! And, nothing can prepare you for the unstoppable team-up of DONNY CATES and CHRIS BACHALO as Wolverine has a run-in with…COSMIC GHOST RIDER?!
20 January
  • Cable #8
    LUCKY TO MEET YOU ! Cable gets together with his – ahem - intimate friend Domino long before they ever met! Will it be a fortunate encounter? Or has Cable met his match?
  • New Mutants #15
    ONCE MORE INTO THE CRUCIBLE! As KARMA and DANI delve deeper into their nightmares, a spider sets his eyes on the most vulnerable of the NEW MUTANTS...Meanwhile, in the Wild Hunt, children play at being adults and prepare for the fight of their lives.
  • X-Force #16
    TERRORS OF THE DEEP! FORGE, WOLVERINE and QUENTIN QUIRE brave the depths of the sea, where a deadly discovery reveals a dark side of KRAKOA.
27 January
  • Excalibur #17
    QUEEN ELIZABETH III?!? Opportunities and opportunists. Two heads-of-state seek to restore the state of things.
  • Wolverine #9
    WEAPON X – TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER! WOLVERINE's back in MADRIPOOR for an underworld criminal auction specializing in super hero artifacts that will surface more than just bad memories for the mutant formerly known as WEAPON X!
  • X-Men #17
    STORM THE EMPIRE! When the Shi'ar Empire asks the X-Men for help, Cyclops, Storm and Marvel Girl answer the call.
3 February
  • Hellions #9
    HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MUTANT? MR. SINISTER is missing! Will the Hellions be able to put aside the tensions poised to split the team apart long enough to unravel the mystery? On the upside, at least Sinister found his cape.
  • X-Factor #7
    WHO'S THAT KNOCKING? A dark force is manipulating the lives of X-FACTOR just as a striking revelation about one of their deaths comes to light.
  • X-Force #17
    LOVE AND DEATH! Death gives QUENTIN QUIRE a new lease on life. Long live Quentin Quire!
10 February
  • Excalibur #18
    THE WOMAN ON THE SHORE! As the Council makes moves to protect mutants in the Otherworld, Excalibur must determine the fate of Betsy Braddock.
  • S.W.O.R.D. #3
    TAKE A TRIP WITH THE EVERYWHERE MAN! The Void-God has overtaken the Earth. Top-level mutants have been assimilated. Protocol V is in effect. But space is a big place... and a lot of things happen there at once. Walk a mile in the Manifold's shoes, as S.W.O.R.D.'s Quintician takes a multi-artist journey across the universe and back... and comes face to face with S.W.O.R.D.'s deadliest enemy.
  • Wolverine: Black, White & Blood #4/4
    BRUTAL BATTLES WITH THE UNBREAKABLE MUTANT! The bloody, brutal mayhem continues! Steven S. DeKnight makes his debut in the Marvel Universe as he teams up with Paulo Siquiera to put the best there is through his paces on a bloody trip to the SAVAGE LAND! Kelly Thompson teams with Khary Randolph for a heartfelt — and heart-pounding — episode in Japan! And Ed Brisson takes LOGAN back to the Outback with Leonard Kirk, where he'll go up against the REAVERS!
17 February
  • Cable #8
    LUCKY TO MEET YOU ! Cable gets together with his – ahem - intimate friend Domino long before they ever met! Will it be a fortunate encounter? Or has Cable met his match?
  • Marauders #18
    THE PAST IS NOT THE PAST! The Marauder returns to Madripoor to pay tribute to a fallen friend… but all the while old enemies are being forged anew.
  • X-Men Legends #1
    ALL-NEW TALES STARRING YOUR FAVORITE X-MEN, SPANNING CLASSIC ERAS! Break out the yellows and blues, fire up the Danger Room and snap on your pouches as legendary X-writers return to classic eras of the mutant super heroes in ALL-NEW, in-continuity stories set during their fan-favorite runs! Fabian Nicieza kicks off the series with a special saga of CYCLOPS and HAVOK, as the SHI'AR return to Earth in search of the FORSAKEN ONE! But what secret will the Summers brothers uncover, and how will its revelation change what you thought you knew about the X-Men? Get ready for a story decades in the making! And come back each month as we dive deeper to expand the X-MEN mythos! Welcome back, legends: Hope you survive the experience.
24 February
  • New Mutants #16
    TO BE REBORN...In the Wild Hunt, someone is looking for friends in all the wrong places. Someone else is missing without a trace. And plans which have long been in motion…begin to unfurl.
  • Wolverine #10
    JUST LIKE THE BAD OLD DAYS! WOLVERINE gets into a jam with his old Team X compatriot MAVERICK…but the reunion won't last long if they can't break free of the LEGACY HOUSE!
  • X-Men #18
    INSIDE THE VAULT! It's been a long time since the team went into the vault. A long time.
---

I didn't check for new series (apart from Legends), so if anything new is/was announced, ping me and I'll add it.

Last edited:

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
Wow that was one hell of an ending.

And Moira's plans are really whirling apart already. Charles and Magneto recruit Sinister against her wishes, and now Apocalypse leaves after only a few months.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017

And Moira's plans are really whirling apart already. Charles and Magneto recruit Sinister against her wishes, and now Apocalypse leaves after only a few months.
I wonder how divergent this result really is.
If im remembering correctly in PoX when Moira when to join Apoc he was already hanging with his horsemen/kids with no annihilation in sight, which makes me think something similar might have gone down then.
Different certainly, but not too wildly away from her experiences.

Oct 26, 2017
So Death is dead in the cast list but seems to be ruling the vampire realm lol. Guess he really is undead now.

Alternatively, Apocalypse now has access to another army to bolster the forces of Krakoa should they need it.

Oct 26, 2017
So I have a feeling one of the new council members will be a representative of Arrako, any bets who it might be? Also, I imagine Isca will be taking over Gorgon's duties.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
So I have a feeling one of the new council members will be a representative of Arrako, any bets who it might be? Also, I imagine Isca will be taking over Gorgon's duties.
I was thinking Isca for Apocalypse's seat, since Apocalypse, Genesis, and their kids stayed in Amenth. I'd put an Arakki in Jean's seat too, but I don't think we know enough of them for that.

JDazzle

Nov 6, 2017
What happened with Isca in the last issue? "She's turned."

Edit: Was she helping the mutant she was holding? I guess that means she sided with Krakoa?
The thing with her is that she is never beaten... Which only means that if she is on the losing side she will switch to the winning side.

It's kind of a cheat but it also grounds her powers a bit

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The thing with her is that she is never beaten... Which only means that if she is on the losing side she will switch to the winning side.

It also looked like her color scheme inverted. I couldn't tell if she like got possessed or assimilated or something, it was weird

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017

More specifically, as I understand it, she only switches sides when the situation is hopelessly beyond her power's ability to change. Otherwise she just doesn't lose.

She's basically a more limited version of Darwin with victory instead of survival. The turncoat thing being kind of like what happened when Darwin fought Hulk. His powers took the path of least resistance and just booked it out of there. But they could have gone further if teleporting away wasn't an option.

I imagine Iska turns traitor once beyond a certain point of likely victory but if attaining victory by switching sides wasn't an option her powers would find another way.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I'd love for Spurrier to get on an X-book again, especially if he gets to write Legion as one of the characters.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Would anyone else be interested in the X-Men functioning as Krakoa's Avengers going forward? No government backing or resources, but not outlawed or clandestine. Focused on issues that aren't a matter of statecraft and only answerable to the council insofar as any citizen of Krakoa is.

JDazzle

Nov 6, 2017
Si Spurrier did The Dreaming? Oh man... I loved that book!

I can't wait to see what he does with the X-Men!

Oct 26, 2017
Would anyone else be interested in the X-Men functioning as Krakoa's Avengers going forward? No government backing or resources, but not outlawed or clandestine. Focused on issues that aren't a matter of statecraft and only answerable to the council insofar as any citizen of Krakoa is.

They don't really need Avengers though. At least not in the same way the outside world does.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
They don't really need Avengers though. At least not in the same way the outside world does.
It'd be like an Avengers team where everyone is Hawkeye!

More importantly, as was demonstrated in X-Men, they could do with a group that isn't representative of Krakoa as a nation and that isn't directly answerable to the Quiet Council.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017

Im pretty sure that's exactly how it's going to go. And I think Charles wants this because it represents a completely independent entity that can hold them to account, even if it comes to a combat situation, without having to worry about the entire species being thrown under the bus. It wouldn't surprise me if this was the real role Cyke was meant to play in all of this to begin with.

X-Men should have more of a linear narrative now as well, now that there's presumably going to be a set team again. That or they're gonna start another book for them. Maybe relaunch Uncanny?

Oct 26, 2017
It'd be like an Avengers team where everyone is Hawkeye!

More importantly, as was demonstrated in X-Men, they could do with a group that isn't representative of Krakoa as a nation and that isn't directly answerable to the Quiet Council.

The problem is that every mutant is ultimately answerable to the Quiet Council, and even if that were not true, it's how it would be perceived by almost every outside agency.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
The problem is that every mutant is ultimately answerable to the Quiet Council, and even if that were not true, it's how it would be perceived by almost every outside agency.

I mean, yes, but they've accounted for that. Mutants being accountable to mutant laws and not able to be prosecuted by other nations in treatise. They're still Krakoan citizens, the point is they're not in any chain of bureaucracy. If Scott wants to act, then he does. The consequences will be what they are, but nobody is gonna try to stop him from making a run at something. Not to his face at least.

Krakoa kinda needs a group like this too because the Marauders and X-Force are mostly outward facing groups, like their human counterparts.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Storm: Hold fast
Apocalypse: Never surrender
Thanks!!

Im pretty sure that's exactly how it's going to go. And I think Charles wants this because it represents a completely independent entity that can hold them to account, even if it comes to a combat situation, without having to worry about the entire species being thrown under the bus. It wouldn't surprise me if this was the real role Cyke was meant to play in all of this to begin with.

X-Men should have more of a linear narrative now as well, now that there's presumably going to be a set team again. That or they're gonna start another book for them. Maybe relaunch Uncanny?
Please! It just doesn't feel right without Uncanny.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
It just occurred to me: There is now a better option to punish mutants who break the law. Send them off to live in Amenth for however long you decide their sentence to be.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit. SHOLY SHIT!

That was quite the conclusion. There were 3 or 4 instances when I had to pick up my jaw from the floor. This event was something else. There are so many possibilities thanks to Arakko's reunion with Krakoa. My brain can't handle it.

More specifically, as I understand it, she only switches sides when the situation is hopelessly beyond her power's ability to change. Otherwise she just doesn't lose.

She's basically a more limited version of Darwin with victory instead of survival. The turncoat thing being kind of like what happened when Darwin fought Hulk. His powers took the path of least resistance and just booked it out of there. But they could have gone further if teleporting away wasn't an option.

I imagine Iska turns traitor once beyond a certain point of likely victory but if attaining victory by switching sides wasn't an option her powers would find another way.
Does this mean the same thing happened when she abandoned Arakko and sided with Amenth back in the day?

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Does this mean the same thing happened when she abandoned Arakko and sided with Amenth back in the day?
That's how I read it. Arrako was going to fall so her powers lead her to switch sides to Amenth. And while she may have expedited Arrako's defeat by switching sides, Arrako was already inevitably going to lose.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
this ended up being Hickman's best event. Entire thing was based as hell even though a lot of it was silly lollygagging and not as serious in tone as it was set up to be. Saw Apocalypse wearing Annihilation coming from the start like everyone else, but what I didn't expect was Genesis surviving.

it's still hard to believe the X-Men are getting this level of dedication and quality in 2020

is Reign of X a book or an event?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Is Isca an Xman now or was that just hype

I wouldn't mind Isca on an X team

Saturnyne just wants to bang Brian