• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Harmonius

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The real wildcard I think is Mr. Sinister/The Hellions right now as I can't see their plan ending in anything but outright failure/being exposed. Yet at the same time, such a method feels like we're waiting for the drop that Arrako is also trying to do something similar so Saturyne can declare it a draw and force her solution on everyone.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
The real wildcard I think is Mr. Sinister/The Hellions right now as I can't see their plan ending in anything but outright failure/being exposed. Yet at the same time, such a method feels like we're waiting for the drop that Arrako is also trying to do something similar so Saturyne can declare it a draw and force her solution on everyone.

Ah, yep. This is gonna be it. They're gonna draw and Saturnyne will be the one to join the islands. Arakko will be out of her hair and the Earth survives.

And all the mutants will live together in peace or perish together as fools.

nitekrawler

Oct 28, 2017
RYCbAXCk3qG3RVGR9mM4iE-1200-80.jpg
Z8V6yNavQJwcKz3NUJB9MG-1200-80.jpg
QvLNW8hdd79Muzkv9qCxxG-1200-80.jpg
I just knew the gate aboard The Peak would tie into this somehow. Looks like Cyke was right about Saturnyne. Also, It appears I was right about Capt. Avalon vs Redroot!

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Saturnyne motivations is being petty about the mutants making a mess and being thirty for Brian Braddock

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
That Wolverine mask added to a standard issue X-Men uniform combo works a whole lot better than I would have thought it would.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Just saw the promo for X-Men 18 and while I love me some Captain Britain/otherworld nonsense, this is the story I have been waiting for, especially with Hickman's pre-launch stanning of Mike Carey.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
I love Darwin and Sync looking old while Laura is still young.

Wonder if Darwin and Sync will have to go through the Crucible to be young again or if they will be granted it for their service.
It might just be the way Yu "textures" their faces. I'm actually not expecting them to come out of the Vault in this issue, just to see what happened to them once they got in, it might be another year before we get the issue where they come out :D

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, Marvel Legends is doing more HoX/PoX figures.

What I would've given for action figures with fully articulated joints as a child. The only ones that did consistently were GI Joes. If superhero figures and others did, I'd probably still be playing with those shits now!

Fuck it, I'ma be an adult man playing with my action figures.
We're getting news from the Vault in February in X-Men #18, yesssss!
xmen2019018_cov.jpg

Source
They're going to come back having not aged a day due to some Darwin/Synch power magic.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
What I would've given for action figures with fully articulated joints as a child. The only ones that did consistently were GI Joes. If superhero figures and others did, I'd probably still be playing with those shits now!

Fuck it, I'ma be an adult man playing with my action figures.

They're going to come back having not aged a day due to some Darwin/Synch power magic.
They picked those 3 in universe because they can survive everything
Also out of universe future writers can just write Darwin and Laura and easily ignore it if they don't feel like

Captain America spent like at least a decade in a different dimension and they handwave that with ssr keeos him young so future writers can ignore it

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
They picked those 3 in universe because they can survive everything
Also out of universe future writers can just write Darwin and Laura and easily ignore it if they don't feel like

Captain America spent like at least a decade in a different dimension and they handwave that with ssr keeos him young so future writers can ignore it
Darwin and Synch are the ones who won't legitimately age, but Laura will still age inside. Her regeneration just means she ages slower, and who actually knows when it'll kick in since she's had healing her entire life and still aged to roughly 16-20 at a regular rate. The aging pause might not kick in until she's 37 and freeze her at that age for 200 years or some shit.

Cap not aging over 10 years is relatively insignificant in the grand scheme, Cap not aging over 200 or 1000 years would be the thing; same with Laura.

But they could all come out, die, and be immediately resurrected into their old bodies anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter much.

Oct 26, 2017
Darwin and Synch are the ones who won't legitimately age, but Laura will still age inside. Her regeneration just means she ages slower, and who actually knows when it'll kick in since she's had healing her entire life and still aged to roughly 16-20 at a regular rate. The aging pause might not kick in until she's 37 and freeze her at that age for 200 years or some shit.

Cap not aging over 10 years is relatively insignificant in the grand scheme, Cap not aging over 200 or 1000 years would be the thing; same with Laura.

But they could all come out, die, and be immediately resurrected into their old bodies anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter much.

Given Logan made it 1,000 years with barely any changes, she'll be alright.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Darwin and Synch are the ones who won't legitimately age, but Laura will still age inside. Her regeneration just means she ages slower, and who actually knows when it'll kick in since she's had healing her entire life and still aged to roughly 16-20 at a regular rate.
Maturation isn't aging. They're two different processes that both happen to be generally tied to time.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Storm vs Death was great. Gorgon vs White Sword too.

The rest? Meh.

(Even Hellions was a letdown, despite being hilarious.)

Oct 25, 2017
Storm vs Death, while fast, was really great

Mojo tease, maybe nothing but has me wondering

The cable stuff was meh and it feels too obviously set up for that reaction

So bummed with Pogg

I feel like we all saw that coming in Hellions

And final thought, once again the timing in these feel off. Hellions ends and Cable starts with a weird gap in how Hellions ended.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I'm thinking the genetic material stolen from the Locus Vile is going to provide a template for the Chimeras going forward.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, today's books were very good.
Hellions plot could be a can of worms, but I love to hate Sinister.

Gorgon was the MVP, damn.
Next week Apoc and Genesis fight on X-Men, yet there are 2 more books, Excalibur and X of Swords finale.

What an odd event!

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Damn, today's books were very good.
Hellions plot could be a can of worms, but I love to hate Sinister.

Gorgon was the MVP, damn.
Next week Apoc and Genesis fight on X-Men, yet there are 2 more books, Excalibur and X of Swords finale.

What an odd event!

Gorgon brought that work.

Krakoa was definitely set up to fail here though. Gorgon is a skilled fighter, but he's not someone well suited to winning that kind of fight.

Storm, Magik, or even Wolverine would have put the contest well out of reach had White Sword done something *that* stupid in a contest.

Edit: also did anyone else read Fantastic Four? Hickman has to be pissed

Oct 26, 2017
I don't see that particular retcon sticking but it has to have been run past the X office right? Especially with it coming from who it came from.

EDIT: There's no way this is the conclusion to Franklin's time as a mutant after them highlighting it so much.

Last edited:

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
The issue of Slott or Brevoort or whoever not wanting to be forced tie into the mutant shenanigans is understandable. One of the dangers of making an out of franchise character a major player in your book.

I'm more curious what happens with Scarlet Witch, where I imagine her MCU status and the inevitable massive popularity of Wanda vision will interfere with what Hickman wants as well. I don't think it's a coincidence her X-Men appearance has been limited to a mostly jokey event tie-in that may not even get referenced again. Though I saw that it's been collected in the DoX trades so maybe later.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I feel like Hickman would have known it beforehand

It seems directly at odds with the FF/Xmen crossover we just got.

Wanda I don't see being relevant at all since Hickman's position was always that she wasn't a mutant to begin with, and Mutants don't exist in the MCU at all yet anyway.

Even before the retcon Wanda was an Avengers character that rarely if ever had much to do with the X-books until House of M.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
It seems directly at odds with the FF/Xmen crossover we just got.

Wanda I don't see being relevant at all since Hickman's position was always that she wasn't a mutant to begin with, and Mutants don't exist in the MCU at all yet anyway.

Even before the retcon Wanda was an Avengers character that rarely if ever had much to do with the X-books until House of M.

It's important to note that FF/X-Men wasn't edited by the X-Office. For all we know Hickman never had full access to Franklin. IIRC both FF and FF/X-Men were edited by Brevoort.

I'm more thinking of Wanda being forced to face Krakoa, which seems like it's being set up. But in the worst case Hickman will just her boogeyman for Exodus' radicalization of the Krakoan youth.

JDazzle

Nov 6, 2017
Wanda has already been setup in these books as the devil which, to me, makes me think that she will feature prominently in the future of Krakoa.

Otherwise, they could have just ignored her (like most of Marvel has done in the last 10 years...)

Here's a thought... what if the nation of Krakoa uses their international political recognition to force a country to extradite Wanda for crimes against mutants?

That would setup a nice conflict amongst the Avengers, as well as internal conflict within the Avengers team (from what I understand, she is loved by some, but is seen as problematic by most everyone)

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
i kinda enjoh how much this event flipped normal comics on their head,been laughing my ass of all through

also slott just doesn't get it and undid just a recent xmen arc with franklin, hate everything about it
EnIanHXW8AoUULZ