• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I guess Apoc will be matched with Genesis / Annihilation.
Gorgon having two swords means he'll have to take on two opponents.

We don't talk about Brett Booth. 😭

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea if anyone did anything with Gorgon between Secret Warriors and now, but seeing all this stuff come back from Hickman's Secret Warriors run from over a decade ago is pretty fucking cool

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea if anyone did anything with Gorgon between Secret Warriors and now, but seeing all this stuff come back from Hickman's Secret Warriors run from over a decade ago is pretty fucking cool

Man, I might have to finally read that. I remember reading his F4 in between Avengers and Secret Wars and being blown away by how much it all tied together.

Oct 25, 2017
X of Swords Stasis Preview.
V88iCkaJJEPEvXyovKTnjB.jpg

i7uxuZTeg3k9J5wMPYicNA-970-80.jpg.webp

MWvya9XkD8dHzbvRzWkjE9-970-80.jpg.webp
Larraz keeps being amazing.

That Stasis cover is something. Giving me the same AoA vibes for the two bookended issues

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
You're likely not crazy
I'm thinking Genesis
Hmmm I think I got confused. I don't remember the Annihilation mask having the pharoh headdress part. Then I noticed Famine wasn't on the cover, and I assumed they were one and the same here. Upon staring at it further, even if you remove the mask, that's not what Famine's costume or body type looks like. Also, Pestilence is missing from the cover too, so I don't know why I assumed all four needed to be in.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, duh. Thank you for reminder.

On a different note: what are the chances of Apocalypse dying at the hands of Annihilation/Genesis and coming back as a "different" version from another reality. Perhaps one where things in his 616 past went differently. AoA Apocalypse sitting at the Quiet Council sounds interesting to me.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
New SWORD interview and art.

Random's going to be in it! I'm actually happy about that. Also like how Ewing talks about Cortez here:

The character Ewing is most passionate about is the one he knew least about going into this project. He's also a lightning rod for many of the X-Men: former villain Fabian Cortez, whom Ewing affectionately refers to as "yuppie Iago."

"We needed someone who would provide a little friction. He exploits energy, and he's connected to the medical team in that he's a healer but also an energy manipulator. He's extremely useful all over the station, and nobody trusts him because he's Fabian Cortez and he's terrible. He's on very thin ice from the start. I love his ponytail, and Valerio draws him as this kind of Patrick Bateman."

The intensely negative fan reaction to Fabian's reappearance confirmed Ewing's instincts that he'd be the perfect antagonistic presence. "In universe and out of universe, everybody hates him. He's got the perfect power set for the role he's in but everyone is like, 'Can we please find someone else? Anybody else.'"

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love how there's one comment on the article and it's major Cortez bitching. It's really proving Ewing's point.

Oct 25, 2017
Stasis was a nice set up and back story with a good ending, though not entirely shocking, reveal

Does anyone know id theyre planning any figures around this event? The horsemen alone would be worth it

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
I think Saturnyne just sent a bunch of trolling shitposts to the combatants, and then made fun of Apoc for getting triggered.

Also Cypher is going to get through this by wining and dining the enemy, nice.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think Saturnyne just sent a bunch of trolling shitposts to the combatants, and then made fun of Apoc for getting triggered.

Also Cypher is going to get through this by wining and dining the enemy, nice.
This is exactly what I took away from it. Saturnyne is quickly ascending from worst character to best character.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Storms card was intriguing— death, changes of seasons, metamorphosis. It sounds like an Otherworld death and a wild rebirth.

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
I would totally buy a set of the original Horsemen and Genesis figures, goddamn their look is badass.

I haven't actually wanted a comic action figure in, shit, 25 years? This stuff is good.

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
Loving all the breadcrumbs and world building in Stasis. I cannot wait to see what's up with those silent representatives from Mercator.

holtz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, Stasis was insane. So much world building for future stories. The 4 horsemen and the other swordbearers hopefully will continue appearing after the crossover is over, their looks and lore is amazing.

Last edited:

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
My favourite thing about Pogg Ur-Pogg's design is those two little T-Rex arms sticking out of his chest when he's got another two in proportion arms.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
I was hoping that Pogg Ur-Pogg was "just" a mutant crocodile from Ancient Egypt but a badass monster sword for hire from Amenth is cool too.

We keep on getting good Apocalypse content, I'm starting to worry for the boy.

That one panel killed me
ElcraY4XgAESwke

Last edited:

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I love these new characters.

Heck I would take a series detailing these characters adventures over millenia on Arrako.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Totes agreed. The Arrako characters feel fleshed out already that I'd drop money to read more about them exclusively. Recound what happened in the last 1,000 year or so in a limited series or ten, would you?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I love that Pogg Ur pogg has no actual powers
He's just just a big crocodile dude

So Doug is definitely fighting Redroot right

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im glad it's not gonna be just a sequence of fights but the swordbearers are gonna interact outside the arena. Anime as fuck.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I kinda didn't like X-Men Stasis. Because that's what it felt like, Stasis. The story just ground to a halt with the only interesting bits being at the begining and the end.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I will give Stasis credit for at least trying to mimic Rider-Waite symbolism with the Tarot cards again.

JDazzle

Nov 6, 2017
Based on this issue and Marvel's own comments about how this series will change Storm and start a new chapter for her...

Storm is as good as dead.

Not sure how I feel about that cause she is a great character but also what more can she do or be? She's literally perfect... A change like this could be a great catalyst for some amazing stories.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Based on this issue and Marvel's own comments about how this series will change Storm and start a new chapter for her...

Not sure how I feel about that cause she is a great character but also what more can she do or be? She's literally perfect... A change like this could be a great catalyst for some amazing stories.
On one hand, Storm can never truly die because this is comics.

On the other hand, it has been a while since we've seen Bloodstorm...

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I believe the X of Storms handbook reveals that Bloodstorm is alive and an active X-Man...
Nope.

y6UB5z8.png

The previous page has a bunch of portraits like this:

n2xdUzQ.png

...but this indicates when they became active X-Men (or sub-team members), rather than indicating that they are currently active.

JDazzle

Nov 6, 2017
Wait what
BLOODSTORM IS ALIVE
I THOUGHT THEY KILLED HER WHEN THEY GOT RID OF O5

Well rip Storm we now have punk storm
THEY DID! So, I'm not sure if the data is not up to date or if they resurrected her or what.

I do hope she is back, though... It would raise some questions about resurrecting mutants affected by magic. Shouldn't the magic effect no longer be in place when resurrected with a new body?

holtz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
timthumb.php
X-Men-2020-issue-14-preview-page-1.jpg
timthumb.php
Genesis still calling Apocalypse weak will come back to haunt her.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017

I was going to answer with the obvious "villainous Storm" but I guess that has already been done before lol. I never heard of Bloodstorm until now. The wiki made her sound Interesting. But, if an alternate reality version of a character is dead, would writers usually revive that some character or switch to another reality?

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Have you guys read through the X of Swords Handbook? It's the first one in a while that felt vital and fun to read. My favorite sections are "Krakoa" and "Moira." They're solid recaps of the island's history & points-of-interest and Moira's ten lives.