• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Bring morph/changeling to krakoa you cowards

Just so you know 616 Morph is this guy
latest

And you can see him on Karoka among the crowd looking at Xavier's corpse in X-Force 2.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
"A beacon slices darkness, stationed in space. A young man, born old, pilots a place."

I know this is is supposed to be Cable. But does anyone else think the rest of this refers to the Peak. Headquarters of SWORD.

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
Can't say I'm a fan of the Uhura/Rhianna Frenzy design. Maybe it's the fact that she's wearing so much makeup and jewelry, which seems out of character.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Can't say I'm a fan of the Uhura/Rhianna Frenzy design. Maybe it's the fact that she's wearing so much makeup and jewelry, which seems out of character.
I dig it. I also dig the fact that I'm not just reliant on Storm, Sunspot, and Bishop for representation as main characters.

Sunspot needs to show up more though.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Can anybody recommend whether it's better to get the dawn of x trades or just stick with individual titles?
If you trade wait, it'll probably be less annoying wonder if plot threads will be picked up in the next issue or if they're planted for long term seeding for the future since you'll be able to move on immediately, but then you'll miss out on the moment to moment hype!

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

I do wish they'd stop calling her Psylocke. She was never Psylocke. Call her Revanche if you want her to have a post-human name. But she is technically stealing Betsy's identity... Again.

you do - especially as hickman draws more & more from him.

he's def one of the best x writers and probably the most underrated
In my opinion he was the best X-Men writer since Claremont. And only Hickman has been his equal.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I do wish they'd stop calling her Psylocke. She was never Psylocke. Call her Revanche if you want her to have a post-human name. But she is technically stealing Betsy's identity... Again.
But she is Psylocke. Just like Betsy is Captain Britain, Kamala is Ms. Marvel, and Laura is Wolverine.

Betsy moved on to a new name, so did Kwannon.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to get my fiancé to read X of Swords. He read HoX/PoX but stopped after the conclusion of the event. I think he'll feel overwhelmed if I asked him to read every X title I purchased. So what are real prerequisites to jump into XoS? I looked online and found the official checklist. It only lists X-Men #12 and Excalibur #12 as preludes, but that can't be enough, can it?

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to get my fiancé to read X of Swords. He read HoX/PoX but stopped after the conclusion of the event. I think he'll feel overwhelmed if I asked him to read every X title I purchased. So what are real prerequisites to jump into XoS? I looked online and found the official checklist. It only lists X-Men #12 and Excalibur #12 as preludes, but that can't be enough, can it?

Have him read 1-11 from Excalibur as well and then he'll be good to start. XOS runs through every book, but it's really an Excalibur event.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
You really need to follow Excalibur all the way through, X-Men #1 & 2 and 11 before starting #12.

OrigamiPirate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
San Francisco
You really need to follow Excalibur all the way through, X-Men #1 & 2 and 11 before starting #12.
I just reread these exact issues this weekend, and I agree with this list.

On a related note: has it been discussed that in X-Men #2 there is a data page listing that there is currently 1 High Summoner (presumably the character Summoner, as he is already marked as a high summoner when we first see him), but in issue #12 there are 2? That seems worrisome moving forward.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I just reread these exact issues this weekend, and I agree with this list.

On a related note: has it been discussed that in X-Men #2 there is a data page listing that there is currently 1 High Summoner (presumably the character Summoner, as he is already marked as a high summoner when we first see him), but in issue #12 there are 2? That seems worrisome moving forward.
#12 was counting forces on Amenth's side, I think, so it makes sense for the numbers to be different.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
Yeah, I just caught up with Excalibur this weekend and was amazed at how much it sets up for Swords of X. Wish I'd have gone with that rather than New Mutants as my post-House of X title.

Naphu

Apr 6, 2018
If it were me, I'd gauge how reluctant they are first. If they're all enthusiastic and want to know every detail I'd give them X-Men #1-12, Excalibur #1, #3, #6, #9, #12 (might be hard to follow Excalibur but I'm really trying to cut out useless storylines and include the most important bits) and maybe Giant Size in case it ends up being important for Storm's character in XoS. Cable ties into his sword but I don't think that's important enough to recommend.

If they're less enthusiastic but still intrigued, I'd give them my faves: X-Men #2, #4, #7, #12, and maybe Excalibur #12

If they're reluctant and might not trust me next time I give them boring writing, I'd skip any Excalibur entirely lmao. I'd just give them X-Men #2 and #12. Honestly, the details of Excalibur aren't really even important, they're just...details. -A- made a gate to otherworld thx done, don't need to know it's made of external mutants, don't need to know he's dissecting Morgan le Fay, don't need to know about Jubilee's baby. The main reason to read Excalibur #12 is to know who Saturnyne is, the rest is covered adequately in X-Men/XoS.

Last edited:

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
If it were me, I'd gauge how reluctant they are first. If they're all enthusiastic and want to know every detail I'd give them X-Men #1-12, Excalibur #1, #3, #6, #9, #12 (might be hard to follow Excalibur but I'm really trying to cut out useless storylines and include the most important bits) and maybe Giant Size in case it ends up being important for Storm's character in XoS. Cable ties into his sword but I don't think that's important enough to recommend.

If they're less enthusiastic but still intrigued, I'd give them my faves: X-Men #2, #4, #7, #12, and maybe Excalibur #12

If they're reluctant and might not trust me next time I give them boring writing, I'd skip any Excalibur entirely lmao. I'd just give them X-Men #2 and #12. Honestly, the details of Excalibur aren't really even important, they're just...details. -A- made a gate to otherworld thx done, don't need to know it's made of external mutants, don't need to know he's dissecting Morgan le Fay, don't need to know about Jubilee's baby. The main reason to read Excalibur #12 is to know who Saturnyne is, the rest is covered adequately in X-Men/XoS.
This is great. Thank you. 🙏🏽