• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
I have a feeling that the Rockslide resurrected wasn't "corrupted" but incomplete. The rest of him may still be in Otherworld. This is just a husk.

His ability to manifest in earth seems relevant and something Summoner and the Arakkii could use considering one of the big issues in the background of this event is the relationship of two sentient land masses. I imagine Apocalypse's fascination with Rictor is for similar reasons. Archangel noted a similarity between Apocalypse's relationship with Rictor and Summoner's with Rockslide.

That parallel is probably intentional, right?

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling that the Rockslide resurrected wasn't "corrupted" but incomplete. The rest of him may still be in Otherworld. This is just a husk.

His ability to manifest in earth seems relevant and something Summoner and the Arakkii could use considering one of the big issues in the background of this event is the relationship of two sentient land masses. I imagine Apocalypse's fascination with Rictor is for similar reasons. Archangel noted a similarity between Apocalypse's relationship with Rictor and Summoner's with Rockslide.

Very good observation! Like I said before, Summoner singled out Rockslide. This could be very specifically related to his physiology and powers and this would be a good reason why.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Vargas is a lore deep cut I expect to be looked into during this run since he claimed he was the next step in evolution.

He was apparently killed by Sinister for having knowledge of the Destiny Diaries, which I'm also sure will come into play during this X-Men status quo.

The real question is, where the hell are Lifeguard and Slipstream.
I see your are a person of taste.

I am sure that Lifeguard and Slipstream are coming. Hickman's run as X-Book runner and his pervious stories has be revealing that he is Marvel's answer to Grant Morrison.

He knows all continuity. And excepts it as all true. And he has a Marvel Universe in his head that we all wish we had.

The difference between Hickman and Morrison is that Hickman explains it. Morrison assumes you know.

I was so happy when both Roma and Merlin were mentioned and expanded. I can't wait for other deep cuts come next.

nitekrawler

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone know what the language of Quaddeus Quo is called? Also the language of the thing he summons? It appears to be the same language as Storm's Virus in Giant-Sized Storm. I need to be able to google ciphers.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Very good observation! Like I said before, Summoner singled out Rockslide. This could be very specifically related to his physiology and powers and this would be a good reason why.
I have a feeling that Rockslide will show back up towards the end of this crossover. His energy body just taking a long time to reform in Otherworld.

And his return will have something to do with Summoner.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, making that very specific revelation of Rockslides nature make little sense if he was just going to be killed off two issues later, and that it was his murderer that made the revelation is even more notable.
I really doubt he was just there to be the red shirt dying to raise the steaks, more likely this is a Human Torch in Hickmans F4 run kinda deal.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
The real question is when is my boy Sunfire going to show up and will they ever revive OG Thunderbird
Sunfire will show up when Sunpyre shows up.

And when Mercury and Surge get more time to shine!

I see your are a person of taste.

I am sure that Lifeguard and Slipstream are coming. Hickman's run as X-Book runner and his pervious stories has be revealing that he is Marvel's answer to Grant Morrison.

He knows all continuity. And excepts it as all true. And he has a Marvel Universe in his head that we all wish we had.

The difference between Hickman and Morrison is that Hickman explains it. Morrison assumes you know.

I was so happy when both Roma and Merlin were mentioned and expanded. I can't wait for other deep cuts come next.
I hope so; if I don't get a cloned X-Men team with X-Man, Joseph, Goblyn Queen, Miss Sinister, and Evan, I'm going to be disappointed.

I need more deep cuts with the Goblin Force and that time the Celestials kidnapped Apocalypse after he got his ass kicked inside of his giant pyramid spaceship while in New York.

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'll be pretty pissed if they actually just killed Rockslide permanently just for 'stakes'.

Oct 26, 2017

It's not just a Husk though, Xavier specifically identified it as *not* Santo but still Rockslide. It retroactively affecting the backups is even more evidence.

On another note, is this the first time we've seen all the backup locations?

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mags and X cold blooded with those words to a dying Apocalypse.
I'm a bit confused as to why they think it's his fault anyway. He didn't create the threat; the Amenth demons were coming anyway, Apoc opening the External Gate just made Krakoa realise the threat and forced Saturnyne's hand to create this tournament.
Even without the External Gate, the demons/mutants would have made it to Earth from Otherworld somehow - Summoner did, after all.

It's the Council's own fault for not taking the prospect of a rampaging horde of demons and powerful Arakko mutants seriously, and forcing Apoc to take an unsanctioned B-team to handle it.

Naphu

Apr 6, 2018
I'm a bit confused as to why they think it's his fault anyway. He didn't create the threat; the Amenth demons were coming anyway, Apoc opening the External Gate just made Krakoa realise the threat and forced Saturnyne's hand to create this tournament.
Even without the External Gate, the demons/mutants would have made it to Earth from Otherworld somehow - Summoner did, after all.

It's the Council's own fault for not taking the prospect of a rampaging horde of demons and powerful Arakko mutants seriously, and forcing Apoc to take an unsanctioned B-team to handle it.
To be fair, they didn't know anything about Arakko mutants being involved or their intent of revenge.

To be fairer, Magneto did seem to make a prideful emotion based decision rather than a clear-headed meeting of the threat.

To be fairerer, how many telepaths are on that Council? That evil looking Summoner is clearly evil, read his goddamn mind. He's the only one telling you the story of Amenth? After the mission started he's the only one that came back from the portal with a story to tell?

It really was the council's fault wasn't it? It's kind of funny that Exodus was the only one that accurately felt that something was off about this whole thing.

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
It really was the council's fault wasn't it? It's kind of funny that Exodus was the only one that accurately felt that something was off about this whole thing.

There's blame all around, honestly. Apocalypse gets some because he never let on what he was preparing for until the last minute. The least he could have done was tell Xavier and Magneto. Also he bought Summoner's story hook, line, and sinker, which he NEVER does. He also didn't bring Summoner until that final council meeting.

The council gets some blame for not taking the threat seriously once Apocalypse did come forward, and for not scanning the shit out of Summoner. Despite no one claiming to trust Apocalypse, everyone there believed what he believed, and simply let him go without help.

Krakoa gets some blame as well for also not explaining the threat. Krakoa and Apocalypse both knew this shit was coming.

The one who actually came out looking good, to me, is Polaris. Polaris would have ended the entire affair by dropping the Twilight Citadel onto the Arrako forces if Saturnye had been a little slower. Then she survives the attack to share the prophecy. And yet Magneto seemed far more angry with her than he was with Apocalypse.

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
If there's someone they shouldn't piss off, it's Apocalypse. He was barely allied with them anyway.

I re-read most of the comics leading up to this and it's cool to see how everything fits together like a jigsaw. Can't wait to see how the reality-splinter Captain Britains get involved. If they haven't already, I'm only on Volume 1.

The only thing they've got on Apocalypse is they're sitting on the thing he wants most; a progressive (in his view) mutant society.

-A-'s connection to Rictor is remining me of his conflicted emotions from having a son in Age of X-Man, too.

I wonder if they're going to use Age of X-Man to presage -A- having the potential to evolve.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Magneto out here surprised that a supervillain acts like a supervillain that's why you don't trust apocalypse

Still though Magneto telling Apocalypse to go fuck himself and hope he dies while Apocalypse is on his death bed is great

Oct 26, 2017
If there's someone they shouldn't piss off, it's Apocalypse. He was barely allied with them anyway.

I re-read most of the comics leading up to this and it's cool to see how everything fits together like a jigsaw. Can't wait to see how the reality-splinter Captain Britains get involved. If they haven't already, I'm only on Volume 1.

To be fair, Apocalypse would be 100% proud of them for telling him to fuck off and sorting it out themselves.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Magneto out here surprised that a supervillain acts like a supervillain that's why you don't trust apocalypse
Apocalypse really didn't do anything all that villainous here, taking out 4 Externals aside. He was genuinely trying to rescue his family and a whole bunch of other mutants.

If things had gone as planned the mutant nation would be larger and stronger. Both its people and its land.

He did wrong, yes. But he wasn't particularly villainous in his wrongs (at least as far as his peers' perspective is concerned.)

holtz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Preview of Marauders 15 - X of Swords pt. 5
0001-scaled.jpg
0002-1012x1536.jpg
0003-1012x1536.jpg

Naphu

Apr 6, 2018
The only thing they've got on Apocalypse is they're sitting on the thing he wants most; a progressive (in his view) mutant society.

-A-'s connection to Rictor is remining me of his conflicted emotions from having a son in Age of X-Man, too.

I wonder if they're going to use Age of X-Man to presage -A- having the potential to evolve.
While reading X-men #12, after yelling at Apoc for being naive and not even mind scanning Summoner, I was wondering if this was a character moment growing out from Age of Xman. His new found sentimentality leading him to believe what he wanted to believe giving him a blind spot. The horsemen even seemed weirded out by how soft he was being; actually dropping to his knees and tearing up.

holtz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Preview of Wolverine 6 - X of Swords pt.3
NZWUo2BRM3uHgV2NRrKZx6.jpg
Z7Zts53gn89yD5yZjVSPj5.jpg

Wetgf3pQEyJZsobzu3i7L6.jpg

It's probably Solem, the new character that will become Wolverine's new nemesis.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

i never read that tie-in - worth reading?

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017
The one who actually came out looking good, to me, is Polaris. Polaris would have ended the entire affair by dropping the Twilight Citadel onto the Arrako forces if Saturnye had been a little slower. Then she survives the attack to share the prophecy. And yet Magneto seemed far more angry with her than he was with Apocalypse.

All facts! Magneto is always being a hard asshole to his children. Lorna is his favorite too.

How badass is Magic at the end of the X-Factor. No hesi whatsoever. Ready for the jump off.

"Let's show these Arakki our finest Krakoan diplomacy. Bang the war drums."

And all the previews looking like things are gonna ramp up quick. Can't wait for Wolverine.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on X-Force finally. I think this might have the best character work of Dawn of X so far. Excellent stuff being done with Beast and Domino. I'm about to read #8.

It's also just really technically impressive book too. Like, the sniper report from Sage where
she breaks down the shots step by step
is something that only works naturally in a comic because panels are already "freeze frames". This is great stuff.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
has Allred been in any of those Hickman meetings ?

x-statix is the last corner of x-books i missed, and wondering if it'll come into play

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
It took me a minute to digest and accept how Otherworld corrupts backups, but I'm on board now. It just hit me that Betsey and her gang have been running around Otherworld in Excalibur all whilst being >this< close to Rockslide's fate.

This not only ups the stakes of Tourney of Power but will absolutely fuck up the status quo. Mutants were getting uncomfortably complacent about death. The only inconvenience was the wait, which we've seen getting overruled if you know someone up the chain.

Burn it down. Burn all of this false Eden down.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
The fact of the matter is Krakoa is as legitimate a state as Wakanda is in the context of the greater MU now, but keep hope alive I guess.

Really think you get more out of this with at least a mild investment in politics. So much (and far more interesting) stuff can happen with Krakoa rather than "burning it down". It's like saying they should've nuked the US in Marvel ages ago instead of giving us Dark Reign.

Your very first idea is usually your worst and the same applies to theories and guesses!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I would hate for them to drop Krakoa anytime soon, keep it a constant and lets get some new mutant stories, kinda done with Xmen try to build something only for it to get burned down, repeat

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Lol at thinking mutants no longer having to constantly fear literal genocide is some dangerously aberrant behaviour.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We are gonna need a deeper cleavage on Emma cos it's the only way I can tell her apart from Otherworld Queen lady.