• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Best part of x of swords part one was the quiet council thinking they run shit and Krakoa saying "whoa whoa whoa mothafuckas! We cool and all but this my house, y'all just guests. Door stays open."
Based on Hickman's own remarks, I wonder if the endgame for this isn't so much that Krakoa fails or turns on mutants. Rather it has its own destiny to follow and that just won't be where a lot of people want to go.

Most mutants on Krakoa are being encouraged to treat it like a piece of land that's now theirs. That's understandable due to the need to provide mutants with a sense of safety and get them on board with identifying as a nation. But it's kind of a big lie. Krakoa can't be their home in the long run, it is a living being with its own desires.

Sasari

Oct 30, 2017
Why is there still no huge, beefy Omnibus for Hickman's X-men yet? I have been holding off buying physical in hopes of one but every new solicitation that drops it's still sadly absent

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
Based on the looks Apocalypse was getting, I'm guessing the rest of the Council just didn't care enough to take "his problem" seriously enough to warrant a scan.

And aren't there rules/laws in place regarding telepaths scanning a fellow mutant without consent?

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I could swear this was discussed back in X-Men #2, if only because they didn't understand him at first and the Summers kids are telepaths.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Where exactly did Eden/Manifold come from? I feel like he was just suddenly one of the important characters ever in Hickman's Avengers run, and that carried into Coates' Black Panther, but I don't even remember this guy from pre-Hickman.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Where exactly did Eden/Manifold come from? I feel like he was just suddenly one of the important characters ever in Hickman's Avengers run, and that carried into Coates' Black Panther, but I don't even remember this guy from pre-Hickman.
Hickman created him for Secret Warriors, and he is close to Gateaway so there is some history with X-Men ties (even if loose).

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Hickman created him for Secret Warriors, and he is close to Gateaway so there is some history with X-Men ties (even if loose).
Ah, well that explains it then lol. I thought it was another Luke Cage situation, where the writer is a fan of an existing C-list character and gives him a huge profile bump.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
XoS was a doozy, really exciting setup and a fun book overall

Seeing the XoS lineup made me real glad I caught up on all of the other books lol

holtz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why is there still no huge, beefy Omnibus for Hickman's X-men yet? I have been holding off buying physical in hopes of one but every new solicitation that drops it's still sadly absent
The OHC for HOX/POX is amazing. There will be one for X of Swords as well. I greatly recommend them. Omnibus are years away.
Preview for X-Factor 4, X of Swords chapter 2
clean_197.jpg

xfact2020004_preview.jpg

xfact2020004_preview2.jpg

FlexMentallo

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
Just read X of Swords...pretty, pretty, pretty good. Mutant contest of champions!

Dammit, Hickman is regressing me to mid 80s me - first it's reading an X-men comic, then it's subbing to multiple X-titles, now it's wanting to buy all the issues in a crossover event.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Whatever happens, I hope -A- is still around after XoS, dude got such a glow up since the start of Hickman's run
The OHC for HOX/POX is amazing. There will be one for X of Swords as well. I greatly recommend them. Omnibus are years away.
Preview for X-Factor 4, X of Swords chapter 2
clean_197.jpg

xfact2020004_preview.jpg

xfact2020004_preview2.jpg
Two things :
-it seems like the XoS issues really follow the "storyline" of the event, that's cool although I wonder how understable it will be in the end for people who don't read everything. I imagine a few issues will be more "ancillary" to the story.
-are they going to do a "pandemic on Krakoa" thing?

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
Is it clear what Rictor's special relationship with Apocalypse is?

I only read XoS not the issues leading up to it.

Sasari

Oct 30, 2017
I'm more interested in what comes after HOX/POX but before X of Swords, something that will cover all of the various series without having to get trades of each.

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
Apocalypse helped him with problems he had controlling his powers and got him powered-up so he could open the door to otherworld on Krakoa. It all happens in Excalibur.
Apocalypse has been mentoring him as a druid of sorts in Excalibur.

thank you both. I did initially read Excalibur (for the first 5 issues or so) because I actually like its cast. But somehow I dropped off. WIll get back to it.

Here I was hoping for a lovestory! Apocalypse deserves some loving.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
Man that last page of empyre avengers aftermath. Are we allowed to talk about it since it's not a xbook or can we unspoilered? It hints at a future X-men plot point.
At the very least sword going and fucking up the new Kree/Skrull empire for some reason. Possibly future event?

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Release list updated through December.

---

30 September
Giant-Size X-Men: Tribute To Wein & Cockrum (Giant-Size #1 recreated page-by-page by 37 artists)
X-Factor #4 (XS2)

7 October
Wolverine #6 (XS3)
X-Force #13 (XS4)
Marauders #13 (XS5)

14 October
Hellions #5 (XS6)
New Mutants #13 (XS7)
Cable #5 (XS8)
X of Swords Handbook

21 October
Excalibur #13 (XS9)
X-Men #13 (XS10)
Juggernaut #2/5

28 October
X of Swords: Stasis #1 (XS11)

4 November
X-Men #14 (XS12)
Marauders #14 (XS13)

11 November
Marauders #15 (XS14)
Excalibur #14 (XS15)
Wolverine #7 (XS16)

18 November
X-Force (XS17)
Hellions #6 (XS18)
Cable #6 (XS19)
Juggernaut #3/5

25 November
Excalibur #15 (XS20)
X-Men #15 (XS21)
X of Swords: Destruction #1 (XS22)

2 December
Hellions #7
X-Factor #5

9 December
Juggernaut #4/5
Marauders #16
S.W.O.R.D. #1

16 December
New Mutants #14
X-Force #15

23 December
Cable #7
Excalibur #16

30 December
Wolverine #8 (bumper-sized to celebrate his 350th solo)
X-Men #16
---

Notes:
  • December seems to be largely X of Swords fallout, according to the solicits (it's mentioned for nearly everything).
  • Children of the Atom starts in January; X-Corp and Moira X are still MIA.
  • No new instalments of Giant Size; the TPB of the current run comes out on 2nd December.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, we finally got to find out the flaw in the resurrection protocols in this weeks XFactor

I also think I missed why Polaris became the person to decipher the prophecy

Last edited:

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I also think I missed why Polaris became the person to decipher the prophecy
Probably just standing closest to Saturnyne when it happened or something like that. Any explanation would be an in-universe justification of "it needs to tie in to X-Factor because we don't have anything else planned for them in this crossover".

Otherworld deaths corrupting the Cerebro backup is weird. I can't wrap my head around why that would make sense, considering you're essentially creating a new person from a genetic and mental backup. But hey, magic and comic logic.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Krakoa really needs to set up a temporal corp. A group that does missions in the recent past to rectify mistakes that would represent major threats to Krakoa's continued existence as a nation. Not minor set backs, but existential threats.

No one's using the name Exiles right now, right?

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Krakoa really needs to set up a temporal corp. A group that does missions in the recent past to rectify mistakes that would represent major threats to Krakoa's continued existence as a nation. Not minor set backs, but existential threats.

No one's using the name Exiles right now, right?

I think that one of the first things Hickman said when he was announced to take over the books was "no time travel," so you might be waiting a while for this.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I think that one of the first things Hickman said when he was announced to take over the books was "no time travel," so you might be waiting a while for this.
Pretty sure that was about what was happening in HoX/PoX and not a general declaration given that we have an adult version of this Cable running around in Cable's book and I have not the slightest doubt he'll be showing up in the present at some point.

Also, it just makes sense given all the other defenses, redundancies, and do-overs they've set up for Krakoa.

Oct 26, 2017
Given the way time travel works, don't they already have the ultimate temporal defences? Only Doom, Tempus and Moira should be able to affect the past without creating an alternate timeline.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how they decided that Rockslide would be the poor guy to take the L.

I'm thinking that the resurrection protocols will get jacked up by this event beyond what's set up here. When you've reached a point that death is treated so casually that they'd rather just die and revive than treat injuries they've clearly crossed a line and something will go terribly wrong.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I can't remember, has it been acknowledged within the books yet how kinda fucked the resurrection protocols are? Because they aren't actually bringing you back to life, they're creating a copy of you with identical memories. The Kitty Pryde who died in the ocean wasn't revived on Krakoa; the Kitty who drowned in the ocean is still there, drowned, and the one who Emma helped out of her egg on the island is an identical new body with an identical set of memories.