• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
Krakoa's definitely absorbing Arakko and becoming a threatening worldmind at the end of this, isn't it?

Glad Hickman is giving Monet even more screen time. I can see her taking Apocalypse's spot on the Council after this is over since she's one of Hickman's top five.

Betsy's probably going to take Saturnyne's gig.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Krakoa's definitely absorbing Arakko and becoming a threatening worldmind at the end of this, isn't it?

Glad Hickman is giving Monet even more screen time. I can see her taking Apocalypse's spot on the Council after this is over since she's one of Hickman's top five.

Doubt the council is changing positions and if Apocalypse does get kicked I expect someone like Selene or another immortal mutant gets it instead.

As for Betsy getting Saturnyne's gig. They did that once with Brian and it was so boring they undid it. After 6 months.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017

I don't see Apocalypse going anywhere and I don't see Betsy going cosmic, either.

Selene getting a bump in prominence would be nice, though. They could use her to explore the first generation of modern mutants since we're getting a taste of the second gen right now.

And maybe somewhere down the line, Gabriel Shepherd can come back.

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
Selene probably won't getting a seat at the council since she murdered three humans in last week's issue of Captain America.

Then again, it's a Coates book and Marvel might be just like us and trying to forget it exists as quickly as possible.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see Apocalypse going anywhere and I don't see Betsy going cosmic, either.

Selene getting a bump in prominence would be nice, though. They could use her to explore the first generation of modern mutants since we're getting a taste of the second gen right now.

And maybe somewhere down the line, Gabriel Shepherd can come back.

A fucked up, so that seat is gonna be empty. Mags made it clear he isn't happy. They have a huge threat on their doorstep now not because Krakoa demands it, but because A set it up that way and tied their hands. He's gonna be punished, they just can't do it right this moment.

Monet was already being set up as an executive of X-Corp before Charles basically put the kibbosh on that. They're gonna give her a counsel seat faaaaar before Selene gets one.

I do think Betsy is gonna take Saturnyne's place for at least a bit. And remember Otherworld isn't cosmic - it's magical.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
A fucked up, so that seat is gonna be empty. Mags made it clear he isn't happy. They have a huge threat on their doorstep now not because Krakoa demands it, but because A set it up that way and tied their hands. He's gonna be punished, they just can't do it right this moment.

Monet was already being set up as an executive of X-Corp before Charles basically put the kibbosh on that. They're gonna give her a counsel seat faaaaar before Selene gets one.

I do think Betsy is gonna take Saturnyne's place for at least a bit. And remember Otherworld isn't cosmic - it's magical.
Magneto is never happy. I still don't think Nur is going anywhere. Moira's gamble heavily depends on Chuck, Max, and Nur getting along. The likelihood of her nipping anything before they try to punish him from getting anything past a slap on the wrist is high.

Monet getting a status bump doesn't have to come at the expense of Apocalypse.

I didn't mean cosmic in the literal sense. Courtney Ross #2 projected herself through a memory, dissolved a person, and ceased all movement between hundreds of people at the very least, that's some cosmic shit. Doesn't matter if she uses magic, the Enigma Force, the Power Cosmic, or mutant induced reality warping.

Still cosmic shit.

And besides, Otherworld, like the M'Krann Crystal, The White Hot Room, the Panoptichron, and the Orrery of Worlds, sits at the center of existence and is tethered to all realities. That's cosmic shit.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
X of Swords really is a tournament arc. This is awesome. Time to get those anime tournament arc OPs blaring!

Naphu

Apr 6, 2018
And there it is, we got our tournament arc. Slaven was right, X-Men is anime now. But it wasn't Bleach, all this time it was actually Yu Yu Hakusho. Literally a Dark Tournament in a demon world. I mean, not quite in Amenth but I mean, red skies, surrounded by demon hordes, close enough. Can't wait for Wolverine to stand back up after we thought he was down and yell, "Dragon of the darkness flame!"

I was looking forward to seeing the highly telegraphed moment the Summoner exploited Rockslide's weakness but they didn't explain it at all. He kinda just cut him in half and we assume that did it since his energy form was outlined. Hyped for this event, love the Shounen tournament arc, hope Hickman subverts it eventually.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Alright everyone

Anyone care to point me to a good reading order after I finish House of X/Powers of X? I have Marvel Unlimited so I have most of the main series up to issue 8 or 9 or so.

Have been searching around and have seen some wildly different things out there ranging from a straight up publication order to just a straight up trade reading order.

Here's a good reading order:

www.comicbookherald.com

House of X & Dawn of X Reading Order | Hickman X-Men Guide!

Updated every new comic book day! Complete guide to Jonathan Hickman's X-Men, including House of X & Powers of X event reading orders, and Dawn of X comics!

Obviously, the reading orders in the back of the books are good, but they exclude relevant stuff that isn't part of the X editorial group. So, for instance, Zdarsky's FF/X-Men mini isn't included, nor are some Weapon X one-shots and things. Since you have MU, you'll probably want to check them out. The CBH reading order will include all that.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
I think it could happen. The December solicits mention that the Resurrection Protocols are in peril, so I imagine Apocalypse is to blame considering XOS is pretty much his fault.

Which is ironic, considering how cite that is to his definition of mutant kind.

I doubt he gets the Sabretooth treatment, but he's definitely gonna catch hell.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Krakoa agrees with -A- so if they want to shun him, they might as well leave the island.

That's not really what was said though. Krakoa wants it's partner back. -A- doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it, nor is he particularly owed anything once it does/doesn't happen. He's put the whole island in danger, it just so happens Krakoa's own interest dove tails with his in this one instance.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for the very land the mutants are living on to turn against them.

It's incredible how we've kept overlooking that one glaring flaw in their plan : that a lot of this is contingent on Krakoa's will. I love that the Council scene is framed to remind you and the characters of that : don't get complacent and see Krakoa as a commodity that will bend to your will. Mutant exceptionalism stops where Krakoa's agency begins.

That's not really what was said though. Krakoa wants it's partner back. -A- doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it, nor is he particularly owed anything once it does/doesn't happen. He's put the whole island in danger, it just so happens Krakoa's own interest dove tails with his in this one instance.
I'm just saying that ultimately, you can't fault Apocalypse for the war itself. You can fault him for the Externals, though.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Did you know "Fuck off to SWORD" is an actual mutant idiom?
There were Asgard and Savage Land variations, but people don't use these anymore.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
Am I going to be ok just reading X-Men & the XoS titled issues?

I've been burned faaaar too many times from buying all tie ins in an event before.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, this event is like Messiah Complex, each episode is an issue of a current book save for special bookends.

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
Krakoa and Apocalypse are just two old friends who really want to get back with their exes. And that almost NEVER works out well.

And while -A- might take the fall for XoS, it wasn't just HIS plan. Part of me suspects that, as soon as he arrived way back in PoX/HoX, Krakoa was ready to talk reunification with him. Hence why they were both mighty pleased to see each other again.

And if the rest of the Quiet Council doesn't like that, well, then maybe they should have vetted their living paradise island a little more before choosing to hitch all of their hopes and dreams to it. Being the sight of a global demonic catastrophe should have popped up on Krakoa's background check, yeah?

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Best part of x of swords part one was the quiet council thinking they run shit and Krakoa saying "whoa whoa whoa mothafuckas! We cool and all but this my house, y'all just guests. Door stays open."

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Ah sod it, I'm in. I haven't got anything better to do at the mo!

tenor.gif

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Mad Jim Jaspers just out here chilling somewhere, lol

I think the fact that -A- didn't set this off out of malice or anything and even more importantly Krakoa is cosigning all of this means he probably won't get taken to task and at most gets a slap on the wrist after all is said and done.