• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
That's a pony-tail though. Banshee doesn't have a ponytail.

And Adam-X is half-Shi'ar.

Not to mention the Sinister Secrets alluding to more Summers children, I'm throwing my bid in for Adam-X.
Banshee didn't have a ponytail. Though I'd be elated if it were the mistakes of the 90s returned to haunt us, honestly.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If they made "Adam X as a fourth Summers brother" happen 25 years later, that would be some incredible mileage for a typo lol

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
After reading XS Creation, I just want to say someone here nicely connected some dots a few pages back (post 7981, I'm not quoting it to avoid spoilers)

The event tagline so far should be something like "Someone reads cards, someone gets jobbed, and Saturnyne laughs".

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't read today's issues yet, but I want to point out how happy I am about Hickman casually dropping in this reference:

1RunFbZ.png

Remove "mutant" and it could basically be a Wheel of Time panel.

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
Damn they packed a hell of a lot in XoS: Creation. Now time to sell my car so I can afford to follow the rest of the series

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
... XOS was so fucking cool.
It really was. I was tentative about a crossover this early in the new status quo, especially coming from Excalibur which has been meh, but this is some good stuff. Can't wait for it to continue.

My speculation is that the issues between now and end of October cover gathering the ten swords for Krakoa, which were named in Creation and are pictured on the cover of the X of Swords Handbook.

Then Stasis will kick off the Dragon Ball Super tournament, which presumably take place over the next ten issues, and it'll conclude in Destruction.

Can't. Wait.

Edit: Incidentally, I recall the Cerebro Sword was used in promos for this, but it doesn't seem to be there any more. I wonder if it's because of rewrites or if the promos were just deliberately misleading.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
XoS was a reaaaaally packed issue, it happened a lot and I think that I will need to read it again.

So, bassically XoS is a "Contest of Champions" kind of event.
I find interesting that Murasame is listed on both sides of the conflict.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There are a lot of little details on this issue.

I absolutely LOVED Warren's little chat with -A-
Rachel and Cable's interaction was great too... "tell mom".
Poor Santo never catches a break.
Nobody on the history of X-Men has ever described Unus as cool as it was on this issue.
I'm a bit surprised by Monet being part of that team... is Moira hitching a ride on her mind or something? I feel something amiss there.

This event looks to me like X-Men vs Warhammer's Chaos.
And I love it.

Oct 26, 2017
There are a lot of little details on this issue.

I absolutely LOVED Warren's little chat with -A-
Rachel and Cable's interaction was great too... "tell mom".
Poor Santo never catches a break.
Nobody on the history of X-Men has ever described Unus as cool as it was on this issue.
I'm a bit surprised by Monet being part of that team... is Moira hitching a ride on her mind or something? I feel something amiss there.

This event looks to me like X-Men vs Warhammer's Chaos.
And I love it.

Not every strange event is Moira, the most likely explanation is Hickman really likes Monet. Which is perfectly reasonable because she's bloody awesome.

holtz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that first issue convinced me. X of Swords OHC preordered. This was just incredible.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
XoS was a reaaaaally packed issue, it happened a lot and I think that I will need to read it again.

So, bassically XoS is a "Contest of Champions" kind of event.
I find interesting that Murasame is listed on both sides of the conflict.
*Muramasa.

Wolverine gets the Sword. Apocalypse's kids get the man. (Doubtful, but would be amusing)

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
What a first issue. Just off the charts great.

Things I loved:
Magneto calling out Apocalypse in front of the council.
Doug and Krakoa.
Nathan and Rachel acting like the Siblings they are.
Monet being Monet.
Warren and Apocalypse talking.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Loved X of Swords though I wish the Tarot cards were designed a bit more like actual tarot cards. Also loved the shout out to the character Tarot, my favorite Hellion.

Though -A- and Archangel's conversation is a bit of a retcon as supposedly the Death form was always meant to change from metal wings to feather wings again. So in -A-'s mind Warren should be viewed as if he has technically devolved.

Juggernaut was a bit meh. Didn't like or hate it.

I did like in Immortal She-Hulk how Wolvie straight up kills a villian who is also a mutant and goes "Eh, he'll live. Sorta."

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I like how Krakoa has a full-on army of extremely powerful ancient mutants, including Apocalypse's own family, charging at them through the Otherworld and the Council is just like "Eh. You take care of your own shit, Apoc." I'm sure he'll remember this next time they need him for something.

Also, since Summoner is now an unreliable narrator, how much of his story in X-Men #12 do you think is true?

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Council when they hear Apocalypse has killed 4 Externals.

37660c0b-7d55-469c-ayejzd.jpeg

The same is true of hearing of an extradimensional invasion force, though.

Also, since Summoner is now an unreliable narrator, how much of his story in X-Men #12 do you think is true?
I assume everything up to Annihilation killing Genesis is true. After that, yeah.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
So basically, if most of the story that Summoner gave was false, then -A- was baited into making a portal for... what? His former children to invade?

edit: Summoner is the perfect candidate for the 'Characters who obviously look evil' thread from the past few days :D

Also, I think they're leading the X-Men books towards magic as some sort of third point on a triangle, to play along the themes of magic and technology.

Last edited:

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Larraz's art hits that same sweet spot for X-Men that Stuart Imonnen's does. Except his art isn't being wasted on shitty stories. Silva is also equally good, but I don't think he's drawn an issue in awhile.

Speaking of art, I think Yu (who does a fine job as well) is leaving the main book soon. I wonder who his replacement is going to be.

Oct 25, 2017
Alright everyone

Anyone care to point me to a good reading order after I finish House of X/Powers of X? I have Marvel Unlimited so I have most of the main series up to issue 8 or 9 or so.

Have been searching around and have seen some wildly different things out there ranging from a straight up publication order to just a straight up trade reading order.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Alright everyone

Anyone care to point me to a good reading order after I finish House of X/Powers of X? I have Marvel Unlimited so I have most of the main series up to issue 8 or 9 or so.

Have been searching around and have seen some wildly different things out there ranging from a straight up publication order to just a straight up trade reading order.

Read your HOX/POX collection and then go to X-Men #1. The reading order is printed in the back of each issue, so you're always pointed towards the next book.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Alright everyone

I would honestly just follow the order of books printed on the last page of each X book.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
The way I've been doing is in the order of the checklist at the end of each issue.

Except Fallen Angels. Ignore that one.