• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Release list updated through November.

---

2 September
Cable #4
New Mutants #12
Wolverine #5

9 September
Marauders #12
Hellions #4
X-Factor #3
X-Force #12

16 September
Excalibur #12 (X of Swords: Prelude)
Giant-Size X-Men: Storm
X-Men #12 (X of Swords: Prelude)

23 September
Juggernaut #1/5
X of Swords: Creation #1 (XS1)

30 September
Giant-Size X-Men: Tribute To Wein & Cockrum (Giant-Size #1 recreated page-by-page by 37 artists)
X of Swords Handbook
X-Factor #4 (XS2)

7 October
Wolverine #6 (XS3)
X-Force #13 (XS4)
Marauders #13 (XS5)

14 October
Hellions #5 (XS6)
New Mutants #13 (XS7)
Cable #5 (XS8)

21 October
Excalibur #13 (XS9)
X-Men #13 (XS10)
Juggernaut #2/5

28 October
X of Swords: Stasis #1 (XS11)

4 November
X-Men #14 (XS12)
Marauders #14 (XS13)

11 November
Marauders #15 (XS14)
Excalibur #14 (XS15)
Wolverine #7 (XS16)

18 November
X-Force (XS17)
Hellions #6 (XS18)
Cable #6 (XS19)
Juggernaut #3/5

25 November
Excalibur #15 (XS20)
X-Men #15 (XS21)
X of Swords: Destruction #1 (XS22)

---

Notes:
  • Still no Children of the Atom, X-Corp or Moira X, but I guess they're not bringing in new series during a crossover anyway.
  • Marauders #14+15 are listed as a two-parter, and the covers aren't very subtle about the nature of that two-parter.
  • X-Factor isn't listed beyond September. #4's description is for X-Force, so there might be a bug in the system, but it's not in the X of Swords roadmap either.
  • New Mutants isn't listed beyond October.
  • No new instalments of Giant Size.
  • Juggernaut is confirmed as a 5-part limited series.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Still hoping Juggs has an X-Gene that Cytorrak's power masks and that his actual mutant power is something incredibly mundane.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, yes, but Bendis didn't really make it clear why The Watcher should show up and shame Hank.

Beast has been a fairweather ally and morally compromised since post-House of M but other than bringing the O5 to the present, what abominable thing did he do in Bendis' run?
He ended up on the wrong side of Rightclops, what could be worse than that?

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Cable #4: I was not very fond of this issue, still is funny enough to keep, but I will need to see the Sword of X angle. I like the art.

New Mutants #12: Oh wow, this feel relevant to our current political climate. "You may not be the gun, but you provide the bullets" is something that could be said of right-wing media these days. I liked this issue, but the art could be better.

Haven't read Wolverine yet, but work has catched me already.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
So the schedules in this weeks books confirm Juggernaut is a DoX book. Curious if that was always the plan or what.

holtz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
X of swords 1 is a red issue guys. This will be great.
xmen.jpg

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Only one Spaceknight is bad enough to get the sword back from Cable

rom.jpg

For real though, I'm curious to see who that transmission was sent to

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Liked Cable. But especially like Emma's reaction to Cable. And Emse is right. Emma would totally do that. Also I know they don't have the rights anymore, but everyone thinks that final transmission was to Rom right?

New Mutants was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I liked how the Dox site really was just regular people and there is no sinister organization behind it. Glob Herman's backstory is so sad and you can see how he became Kid Omega's flunky.

Wolverine continues to just be okay. It really suffers from seeming like it has no direction.

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
All three of the books this week were kind of underwhelming. Cable became aimless really quickly. New Mutants felt like a 2020 version of a Claremont "after school" interlude issue. Wolverine was okay for the art but I don't see how it's different than Wolverine books published in the past 30 years.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been no good Avengers run since Hickman? I feel like I never hear anyone talking about Avengers in the comic, only in reference to the MCU and (now) games.

Does the Avengers need now it's own PoX/HoX?

Well let's see. There was Mark Waid's run which was ok. Then...I have a gap in my memory...and now it's Jason Aaron which is just ok.

There were some Al Ewing books like All New Avengers and USAvengers but they were less "typical" teams. Good stories though.

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Well let's see. There was Mark Waid's run which was ok. Then...I have a gap in my memory...and now it's Jason Aaron which is just ok.

So basically just been a long string of mediocre. I wonder what's preventing more truly good Avengers comics. I wonder if there is more limitations the writers can do with them due to the MCU.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I can't think of many good Marvel comics published in the years immediately following Secret Wars to be honest.

There's at least the Hulk comic which I know people rave about.

Maybe it's less of an "Avengers" issue and more of a management issue. Maybe not giving the writers enough freedom or giving the wrong writers the wrong material.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
There's at least the Hulk comic which I know people rave about.

Maybe it's less of an "Avengers" issue and more of a management issue. Maybe not giving the writers enough freedom or giving the wrong writers the wrong material.

Basically anything Al Ewing has written for Marvel is going to be great. Besides Hickman he's their best writer. His knowledge of Marvel History is really incredible.

Oct 25, 2017

There were some Al Ewing books like All New Avengers and USAvengers but they were less "typical" teams. Good stories though.

I'm pretty sure that's it. Waid did the All New Avengers which lasted like 15 issues until Bendis killed off Tony, and then he launched it again with a different team and that was fine I guess and now we have Aaron. Ewing did New Avengers into U.S.Avengers and there was a decent Uncanny Avengers book, but Avengers have been lackluster as of late.

There was also Occupy Avengers and Savage Avengers (The latter is still going) but that shit doesn't count.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure that's it. Waid did the All New Avengers which lasted like 15 issues until Bendis killed off Tony, and then he launched it again with a different team and that was fine I guess and now we have Aaron. Ewing did New Avengers into U.S.Avengers and there was a decent Uncanny Avengers book, but Avengers have been lackluster as of late.

There was also Occupy Avengers and Savage Avengers (The latter is still going) but that shit doesn't count.

Hm... I kind of hope there is a real breakout "good" Avengers story soon. Would really like to read one as it's releasing.

Sorry, though, I guess this is getting a bit off topic haha.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

Uncanny Avengers (both runs) were great.

That was the last book Remender did for Marvel and there was some good stuff in it (and some dumb stuff. "The M Word". Sadly he swears he'll never work for Marvel again.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Only one Spaceknight is bad enough to get the sword back from Cable

rom.jpg

For real though, I'm curious to see who that transmission was sent to

I read that data page as saying the transmission was going to someone named Xerek.

The first line is "Xerek, the Light of Galador is currently on Earth. It is in the hands of a young Terran cyborg named Nathan Summers, A.K.A. "Cable."

The "Light of Galador" has afaik only been referred to as "The Light of Galador" and the grammar in those sentences seems to imply someone is addressing Xerek, and explaining where the Light of Galador is- rather than giving the Light of Galador an additional name that hasn't been used elsewhere.

But you're right, they don't have the rights to use Rom and when he's referred to, it's always only as "the legendary spaceknight" or something similar.

I can't think of many good Marvel comics published in the years immediately following Secret Wars to be honest.

Aaron's Thor run immediately following Secret Wars
Captain America: Sam Wilson
Avengers: No Surrender/No Road Home
Thanos Wins
Astonishing Xmen
Ultimates 2 vol. 1 and 2
Mr. and Mrs. X
Immortal Hulk
Silver Surver (2016-2017)
X-men: Red

Last edited:

FlexMentallo

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
Kinda fell behind on my X-Books, so I have a nice pile to read in comiXology. Just read Magneto Giant Size and the final FF vs X-Men, both were fun.

Man, all these new books, I went and ordered a bunch of the Nov collected editions so I can sample them and see if any stick.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
X-Factor #3: I still don't like the art. I do like, Spiral's new design, I'm not aware of having seen that one before. I liked seeing
Shatterstar
, I will give that.

Marauders #12: I liked this issue, I enjoy when writers recall old friendships like Kate/Kurt/Illyana. The kiss was something I didn't saw coming. I liked this issue.

X-Force #12: Omega Red here and on Wolverine books, interesting. Beast sucks sooooo much on such a deep level, that I believe that he needs to coin a new word on how much he sucks! I dislike Colossus, but as usual, Beast screws thigs up even further.

Haven't read Hellions yet.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a fan of the new art in Marauders, but otherwise a solid issue.

Why have the X-Men not fired Beast yet?

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
X-Factor #3: I still don't like the art. I do like, Spiral's new design, I'm not aware of having seen that one before. I liked seeing
Shatterstar
, I will give that.

Marauders #12: I liked this issue, I enjoy when writers recall old friendships like Kate/Kurt/Illyana. The kiss was something I didn't saw coming. I liked this issue.

X-Force #12: Omega Red here and on Wolverine books, interesting. Beast sucks sooooo much on such a deep level, that I believe that he needs to coin a new word on how much he sucks! I dislike Colossus, but as usual, Beast screws thigs up even further.

Haven't read Hellions yet.
It's like Beast is over correcting for abandoning Cyclops after Messiah War.

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
Beast out here talking about rounding up all mutants with Russian connections and just blindly locking them up....seems like something Magneto should have a problem with....

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Every time I read XForce with Beast, all I can think is, "Xavier left the mind gem to him?!?!? Are you fucking kidding me?!?!?!?"

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
Every time I read XForce with Beast, all I can think is, "Xavier left the mind gem to him?!?!? Are you fucking kidding me?!?!?!?"
When you think of morally compromised mutants who would fit in with T'Challa and Tony's New Avengers, of course Xavier would leave him the mind gem.

I'm surprised Beast didn't rack up a higher body count than Namor.

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
When you think of morally compromised mutants who would fit in with T'Challa and Tony's New Avengers, of course Xavier would leave him the mind gem.

I'm surprised Beast didn't rack up a higher body count than Namor.
There's no better mutant for the secret genocide team the Illuminati became during the Incursion saga.

Oct 25, 2017
New Mutants is such a horrible comic oh my god. The bad guy being 4chan, oooh woooow so scary. It's honestly kind of ridiculous that X-Force is literally killing foreign leaders and murdering dozens of humans, but the New Mutants can't get one telepath to suggest to a doxxing website to stop doxxing people.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Beast is becoming one of my favorite mutants with how much of a massive shitheel he is. My mans never recovered after the Watcher gave him a personal visit just to tell him how much of a failure he is.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
I enjoy "piece of shit" Beast but his move for straight up concentration camps was a bit too stupid to my taste. At this point, we can start the countdown to him eating babies.