• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
So... a somewhat related question, I hope is not wrong to ask here lol

I preordered the Uncanny X-Force omnibus on october from the book depository web and just today I receive an email about a refund saying that couldn't complete the order. Has it happened to anyone else? Is there something I can do?

This is the worst, I really wanted that omnibus :(

Oct 26, 2017
Nate Grey isn't in the universe after Age of X Man iirc. Dunno about Joseph. Don't think Krakoa (the nation) is ok with direct clones though.

Oct 25, 2017
Technically the Stepford Cuckoos are 5 clones of Emma, so I guess they're an exception. Also the current Magik is a limbo golem with 3/5ths of the real Illyana's soul.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I hate that they changed the Cuckoos from being derived from Emma's egg cells, and being clones of each other....to just straight up direct clones of Emma

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Have they changed that? Warsong only did the derived part I thought.

If they were true clones of Emma and none of them would have had blonde hair.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
To be fair though Marvel Comics understanding of the word clone is sometimes a little wishy-washy.

X-23 is somehow supposed to be a genetic clone of Wolverine but has different eye color, different skin tone, different mutation expression and different gender.

Honey badger is supposed to be a clone of x-23 but also has different traits than her.

Both Tony Stark and Rhodey are supposed to be clones of themselves right now but neither have any of the DNA of the person their clone from.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
X-23 is somehow supposed to be a genetic clone of Wolverine but has different eye color, different skin tone, different mutation expression and different gender.

Not 100% on Honey Badger's specifics, but X-23 was retconned/reworked back in 2018 to be Logan's actual daughter, IIRC - her eyes, skin tone, etc come from her weapon X scientist mom.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Not 100% on Honey Badger's specifics, but X-23 was retconned/reworked back in 2018 to be Logan's actual daughter, IIRC - her eyes, skin tone, etc come from her weapon X scientist mom.
Which is always funny to us long-time x-23 fans. Because that's what we assumed ever since our origin story book was released.

When they did the reveal in the comics and Laura is acting all shocked and surprised by it I'm like "we've known this"

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
That was always Laura's case. A Small amount of her DNA came from Sara Kinney because the Wolverine DNA sample they had was damaged. The only status change was that they're now referring to Laura as a daughter rather than some sister-ish standalone thing. But Logan was always fatherish to her anyway.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Hellions and X-Men are both fantastic this week. Surprised how much I liked Hellions.

How is Wild Child handled in Hellions? I've followed the character for decades, and he's been done so dirty over the years. My favorite incarnation is his X-Factor stint: basically a loser trying to get his $#?! together but with his unstable mutation (and Sabretooth fucking with him) wrecking everything.

Oct 25, 2017
welcome to krakoa! in a couple of days the flowers will bloom into a circled x... cant wait

ET2twhiVAAMhpj_

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Just came to post that. What a tremendous loss-this would have been amazing. It's sucks he's soured working for Marvel because he did amazing work for them.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Just came to post that. What a tremendous loss-this would have been amazing. It's sucks he's soured working for Marvel because he did amazing work for them.

It's a massive shame. They clearly took him up to his limit with AXIS, but man, Uncanny X-Force is one of the best rubs at the company in at least ten years.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, you're back! Why did you get banned? You're lame and block people from looking at your profile, so I couldn't figure it out.

I got banned for a month for suggesting that there are some people say they have mental illness to excuse their bad behavior. (Not saying at all that mental illness doesn't exist. I have it. And my wife has it bad.)
Some. Not all.

I had created a thread asking people to be polite to Girl Scouts while they are selling cookies. I did a ton of booths this year with my daughter and the people would straight up look at them and walk away when asked-without smiling or saying anything. Some people agreed with me and some people said they didn't need to be ca use they have social anxiety so they don't need to be polite.

but let's move on. You know how I get so OCD about this.

If only we had some of those Krakoan drugs

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I got banned for a month for suggesting that there are some people say they have mental illness to excuse their bad behavior. (Not saying at all that mental illness doesn't exist. I have it. And my wife has it bad.)
Some. Not all.

but let's move on. You know how I get so OCD about this.

Sorry, mang, didn't mean to open that can of worms. I noticed you were gone. You were missed. Welcome back.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, mang, didn't mean to open that can of worms. I noticed you were gone. You were missed. Welcome back.

Yeah it's a can of worms and I probably didn't articulate myself well but I was emotional at the time, doing a three hour Girl Scout booth in the freezing wind and trying to explain to my daughter why so many people would straight up ignore her and walk past without saying no thanks. I was worn down.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't read the others yet, but 4X continues to be great. The mutants have been incredibly smug about having their own sovereign nation, and I'm really enjoying Doom knocking them down a peg by flexing his own "sovereign nation of Latveria" muscles. Love it.

"And wouldn't you know it...we have the Dior of surprise in our midst."

I really hope we have Chip on an X-title at some point.