• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Finally sat down and started this run. Finishing up House of X now. I'm digging this "alright no more bullshit" X-Men.

I know Marvel is gonna retcon it in a few months as usual just so we can get the same ol x-men action but I'm loving the premise of bringing all Mutant sides into the fold for a big ass contingency plan.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Hank really is the textbook example of the Dunning-Kruger effect, isn't he?
You'd think someone who was intimately familiar with alternate, evil versions of himself would do everything necessary to prevent becoming like one of those alternate, evil versions of himself.

edti: I mean, shit, just five days ago, he literally fucked up space-time. Now he's pulling this shit. He should recognize he's turning into Dark Beast.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
X-Force this week was basically a 20 page dunk on that fool.

I kinda miss the old goofball Avenger-Beast but current Beast is pretty easy to hate.

I don't know if I really like this trend in the lately years to turn him in another Hank Pym.

I find both the 70/80s goofy Avengers version more interesting, or even the 90s sensible cientist. But afterAge of Apocalypse he always is portrait more and more as Dark Beast.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Finally sat down and started this run. Finishing up House of X now. I'm digging this "alright no more bullshit" X-Men.

I know Marvel is gonna retcon it in a few months as usual just so we can get the same ol x-men action but I'm loving the premise of bringing all Mutant sides into the fold for a big ass contingency plan.

This is a massive status quo change that is planned to go at least a decade, on par with Giant Size X-men and Lee's Blue/Gold teams. There will not be a retcon in a few months.

The reason we have this in the first place is because the franchise has been aimless for decades.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if I really like this trend in the lately years to turn him in another Hank Pym.

I find both the 70/80s goofy Avengers version more interesting, or even the 90s sensible cientist. But afterAge of Apocalypse he always is portrait more and more as Dark Beast.
I was kinda with you until the current X-Men status-quo that lends itself pretty well to having shitstains in charge. Just look at the Quiet Council members, that list screams "good story opportunities".

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This is a massive status quo change that is planned to go at least a decade, on par with Giant Size X-men and Lee's Blue/Gold teams. There will not be a retcon in a few months.

The reason we have this in the first place is because the franchise has been aimless for decades.
And it's actually selling well too. It's above where the X-Books had been in years in spite of the industry overall being down. So, yeah, this will end at some point, but right now they have no reason to undo it.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot-2020-01-31-at-12-00-26-AM.png

Screenshot-2020-01-31-at-12-00-50-AM.png

Too good.

Oct 25, 2017
X-Men: Another really cool starting point, but won't be followed up in the main book. I'm wondering what the hell is the point of this book other than a dumping ground for prospective later arcs or series. This is basically Pilot Season: The Comic. We want STORIES, Hickman. Beginning MIDDLE AND END. Anyways, loved to see Synch back. The Doctor's report about how resurrected young mutants are coping after seeing their peers grown up and different was interesting. Cool that they bring them back in pairs now, that was a very sweet point actually. Children of the Vault were one of the coolest new additions to X-Men and I'm so happy to see them back. Let's get a Synch/Darwin/WOLVERINE (yes, that's her codename!!) book written by Mike Carey.

New Mutants: Decided to read this to close out the arc. Brisson and whichever garbage artist have managed to do basically nothing for 3 issues. Fuck this arc lmao. This plotline about the humanization of Ahab's hounds is so fucking boring. Oh no, children with no concept of morality... if only someone would write this oh-so-interesting story that's never been told before. Can Hickman just go full-time on this series?

X-Force: Great end to the arc. I'm excited about the future of this series. Beast is a real fucking piece of shit. We're watching his turn into Dark Beast. Loved seeing Jean tell him to shut the fuck up.I need some more Sage though. Her and Jean Grey need to be the focus.

Fallen Angels: Well lol. Why do I torture myself. At least it's over.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
X-Men: Another really cool starting point, but won't be followed up in the main book. I'm wondering what the hell is the point of this book other than a dumping ground for prospective later arcs or series. This is basically Pilot Season: The Comic. We want STORIES, Hickman. Beginning MIDDLE AND END. Anyways, loved to see Synch back. The Doctor's report about how resurrected young mutants are coping after seeing their peers grown up and different was interesting. Cool that they bring them back in pairs now, that was a very sweet point actually. Children of the Vault were one of the coolest new additions to X-Men and I'm so happy to see them back. Let's get a Synch/Darwin/WOLVERINE (yes, that's her codename!!) book written by Mike Carey.

I mean, this has always been Hickman's approach: he spends the start of his runs setting up the pieces, then comes back later down the road to knock them down in a big way.

And Hickman said he asked Carey to do a book (rumour is that it was the Moira one) but Carey was just too busy. =( Although he gave Hickman his blessing on some stuff, like presumably his plans for the Children of the Vault.

Oct 25, 2017
Beast has been a maniac forever. Remember during Secret Invasion when he threatened the Skrulls with the Legacy virus and then actually infected them??

Or in Astonishing X-Men when he destroyed another universe?

Or in New Avengers when he frequently destroyed the incursion universes.

Or when he brought back the O5 to guilt-trip Cyclops for making X-Force and ruined the timestream and the lives of the young X-Men and his actions led to the death of Cable and Mimic?

Or when he joined the new X-Force doing the exact same thing that he hated Cyclops for doing?

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
I liked Forge coming off the bench, he's usually a huge scrub. (And creep—the pheromone thing) wonder what Wolverine wants him to build.

I can't even remember, is Dark Beast dead? Did they bring him back to life?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
is this on MU yet? I imagine even if it is, it JUST started... July to January is about 6 months afterall.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain to me X-men 05? I haven't read X-men comics in a long time. Who are the children of the vault?

Edit: Thor 2 was cool, but Marvel really need to stop using DC heroes getting killed to show how great a threat is or how badass their heroes are.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain to me X-men 05? I haven't read X-men comics in a long time. Who are the children of the vault?

Edit: Thor 2 was cool, but Marvel really need to stop using DC heroes getting killed to show how great a threat is or how badass their heroes are.

Children of the Vault are from Mike Carey's X-Men run. X-Men 188-204 (collected in the X-Men: Supernovas TPB), then after the Messiah Complex crossover it turns into X-Men Legacy. They are evolved powered people who were raised inside the vault.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
So while absorbing the memory of their O5 counterpart has made Cyclops a better character, it's made beast into an even bigger douche.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
So while absorbing the memory of their O5 counterpart has made Cyclops a better character, it's made beast into an even bigger douche.

Cyclops: I was a member of the Champions and made friendships that made me grow and become a better leader.

Beast: I found out I used to be able to do magic. Then I tried to make it with Jean and she rejected me.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
is this on MU yet? I imagine even if it is, it JUST started... July to January is about 6 months afterall.
Just arrived Monday. I don't know about this weekly shit though, read HOX1 three times and Monday (MU update day) is still a weekend away until POX1 hits, this sucks but it's like Immortal Hulk where I have no self control to pile up 5-6 issues before reading like I do with most current running comics.

As for the thread and people acting like beast has changed, don't forget no matter what anyone tells you or what some writers do to pass off his "beast" non human look as his natural mutation (usually as an excuse for a redesign) but it's not. That's from comics in the 70's when he got involved with shady science and started experimenting on himself.

Biggest difference between beast and darkbeast is that regular beast mostly keeps his hand on his own body when experimenting with genetics.

Oct 29, 2017
I stopped reading after House/Powers of X ended and now I just read the comics that interested me: New Mutants, X-men and Marauders.

Marauders is pretty fun, X-men is pretty great right now and while it was cool to see Angel and Beak again I really hope it stays mostly on the Shiar stuff.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Just arrived Monday. I don't know about this weekly shit though, read HOX1 three times and Monday (MU update day) is still a weekend away until POX1 hits, this sucks but it's like Immortal Hulk where I have no self control to pile up 5-6 issues before reading like I do with most current running comics.

As for the thread and people acting like beast has changed, don't forget no matter what anyone tells you or what some writers do to pass off his "beast" non human look as his natural mutation (usually as an excuse for a redesign) but it's not. That's from comics in the 70's when he got involved with shady science and started experimenting on himself.

Biggest difference between beast and darkbeast is that regular beast mostly keeps his hand on his own body when experimenting with genetics.

we are not talking about physical changes of Beast (which can be quite inconsistent) but about how his personality is portrait.Since 2000s he is more a villain than a hero.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
we are not talking about physical changes of Beast (which can be quite inconsistent) but about how his personality is portrait.Since 2000s he is more a villain than a hero.
I get that. My point was his appearance is NOT his mutation, it's from experimenting on his own genetics when he was working for Roxxon in comics published in the 70's. Beast has always been an unethical, hypocritical know it all.

Edit: got that wrong it was the Brand Corp.

Last edited: