• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
I read that Claremont is doing an X-Men run in 2020. Is that true?

He's been confirmed as writing something for Marvel in 2020, but that's all that's known.

I saw a rumor that he and Salvador Larocca were pitching an X-Book, but I can't seem to find it again to see if its a reliable rumor, and even if it's true, there's no guarantee that it's an in-continuity book, either.

EDIT:

Found it. He's definitely teasing an X-Book. Whether it's a "Dawn of X" title or a What If like "X-Men Forever" or "X-Men: The End" or a flashback series like "New Mutants: War Children" remains to be seen.

Earlier this week, speaking about that same topic, Claremont said that he has an "infinite score" more X-men stories to tell, though whether or not he gets to tell them is entirely up to Marvel, which retains him as a Marvel exclusive writer and yet only seems to use him for one-shots and short stories in anthologies. Earlier today, we speculated on whether we could finally an announcement of something more substantial from Claremont and Marvel, with Claremont set to appear with Marvel Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski at the Marvel Fanfare panel on Saturday.

In his livestream interview, Claremont doused that fire with a lot more fuel. Later in the interview when asked about coming back for more X-Men.

"That's the trouble with falling in love with these idiots, Claremont said. "You can't walk away no matter how hard you try. As a line was said in Godfather 3, 'no matter how hard I try to walk out, they keep pulling me back in.' I figure if Al Pacino can get away with it, I might as well give it a shot. On the other hand, when you're given a chance to work with Bill… the possibility arose last week of me getting to work once more with Salva[dor Larroca]—"

Last edited:

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
NO

NO

This is NOT for discussions of any solicits. ONLY DAY OF RELEASE ISSUES.

Keep solicit talk to Comics OT only.

We haven't barred discussion of solicits through this whole event, so why would we start now? If you're gonna be that precious about this stuff, then read your books before you post.

On that note, here's a page from POX 6, unlettered as not to spoil.

ywocnh9wtuq31.jpg

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
We haven't barred discussion of solicits through this whole event, so why would we start now? If you're gonna be that precious about this stuff, then read your books before you post.

On that note, here's a page from POX 6, unlettered as not to spoil.

Wow, that's... something to say that and just post those pages. Kind of a dick move, man.

The poll is clear, look up. Day of release issues only are fine. That is the rule of this thread.

Edit your post, remove those pages, stop talking about solicits.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
When POX 6 drops and I'm going to need some long article explaining the X3 portion from start to finish. I struggled with understanding it with almost every issue. Like, who are those people? What is Nimbus? An in depth look at the levels of societies in the earlier and recent issues? It's all woosh going over my head. Mostly because I haven't been an avid reader and I didn't wrap my head around something as widely understood as a "worldmind" is, conceptually.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
Please let it be an in continuity X-Book titled "Uncanny X-Men"

I've been bummed that none of the new titles have that title.

Please no. I really hope it more out of continuity stuff. There are better options for Uncanny. Like literally anyone else in Marvel's stable. I'd even take another Guggenheim book over Claremont at this point.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Is this thread going to have open spoilers for all of the X-men series that come after?

For those who follow the rules in the OP, no open spoilers for anything that hasn't been published in a comic book issue.

I suggest using the ignore list to weed out posters who aren't going to follow that rule and hopefully in time we'll have a clean discussion going and no one will have to worry about it.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Vita Ayala and Leah Williams were both at CC but their Wave 2 books weren't announced yet. I'm sort of expecting a Zdarsky book too given his twitter game. Hickman also has a second ongoing title (I'm guessing "Uncanny X-Men" will be that).

Based on White's previous sales comments I'm presuming Wolvie will be the only solo X-title though. Not sure if we could see anything else viable, maybe another Magneto book but that'd be pushing it.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
For those who follow the rules in the OP, no open spoilers for anything that hasn't been published in a comic book issue.

I suggest using the ignore list to weed out posters who aren't going to follow that rule and hopefully in time we'll have a clean discussion going and no one will have to worry about it.
The OP itself doesn't follow that rule. Beyond the solicit info and interviews it literally has prepublication preview art in it.

I think you're misinterpreting the OP, it says open spoilers day of release but there's nothing excluding other official preview material. Just no unofficial leaks or spoilers before publication is probably closer to the spirit of the OP and is honestly how the thread has gone.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The OP itself doesn't follow that rule. Beyond the solicit info and interviews it literally has prepublication preview art in it.

I think you're misinterpreting the OP, it says open spoilers day of release but there's nothing excluding other official preview material. Just no unofficial leaks or spoilers before publication is probably closer to the spirit of the OP and is honestly how the thread has gone.

alright, i think that's fine

TaleSpun i still think that unreleased page is probably too much but it's your call. let's just try to be considerate to people who don't follow this stuff

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
alright, i think that's fine

TaleSpun i still think that unreleased page is probably too much but it's your call. let's just try to be considerate to people who don't follow this stuff

They showed it to the audience during the panel yesterday and they've been great about not spoiling HOX/POX themselves, so I'm not worried. But yeah, fair enough.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017

Bloodarmz

Jul 11, 2018
I was looking at reading Hickman's Marvel Saga (according to the detailed reading pic) but around "The Incursions", what's up with issue 34.1 and 34.2? https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_5_34.1
I've never heard of a "point one" issue. Do those go with "The Incursions" story or the following "Time Runs Out" story line?

I don't remember when Marvel started doing .1 issues, but they were considered jumping on points for new readers. They are kind of tangentially related to the ongoing story, but not super-important so you can skip it and not miss out.

Where can I find this detailed reading pic for reading Hickman's work?
It's in the OP, just above all the preview pages.

MikeyLikesIt

Banned
Sep 24, 2019
Question for those who have been reading this: should I read the issues in the order of release or would it be better to first read either Powers or House and then the other mini?

Oct 25, 2017
Finally read the issue. Loved Xavier's speech in the beginning.

But more than anything, I loved watching mutants just relax and enjoy themselves for once. Before the inevitable shit goes wrong, but it's still nice. And Cyclops as Commander. Can't wait to see that in action.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
I don't remember when Marvel started doing .1 issues, but they were considered jumping on points for new readers. They are kind of tangentially related to the ongoing story, but not super-important so you can skip it and not miss out.
Thx! That makes sense why they're not in the pic too (there's probably enough content in his Marvel Saga that you don't need .1s).

Though if one wanted to include them, before Time Runs Out seems where they'd be perhaps, since they're for new readers, yeah?

Bloodarmz

Jul 11, 2018
Thx! That makes sense why they're not in the pic too (there's probably enough content in his Marvel Saga that you don't need .1s).

Though if one wanted to include them, before Time Runs Out seems where they'd be perhaps, since they're for new readers, yeah?

It's as simple as #34 -> #34.1 -> #34.2 -> #35 so before Time Runs Out is perfect.

V_Arnold

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hungary
Just announced at NYCC that Ben Percy and Adam Kubert are doing a Wolverine book.

Yeah, I was wondering how Wolverine was the only one who got confirmed into not one, but TWO team books. Of course a third book with him is needed, money is money after all... well, maybe it will be better *sigh*

Why not a solo Cyclops book for a change? : P

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I was wondering how Wolverine was the only one who got confirmed into not one, but TWO team books. Of course a third book with him is needed, money is money after all... well, maybe it will be better *sigh*

Why not a solo Cyclops book for a change? : P

X-Men doesn't have a set roster, so Wolverine is only a regular in X-Force and his solo book.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
The dude who normally puts spoilers on the X-Men subreddit on Mondays is late today but he gave a hint:

Yes! I've been working on them but am about to board a plane. For now...go read the last few pages of Powers of X #1...all the answers are right there...hidden in plain sight all along

Context:
The last few issues of Powers of X #1 are X3: X-Men Year One Thousand. Nimrod and The Librarian are talking about the extinction of humans and it shows the two humans in the zoo. And Nimord and the Librarian talk about the collective consciousness of mutantdom.

Last edited:

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
The dude who normally puts spoilers on the X-Men subreddit on Mondays is late today but he gave a hint:

Yes! I've been working on them but am about to board a plane. For now...go read the last few pages of Powers of X #1...all the answers are right there...hidden in plain sight all along

Context:

House 1 or Powers 1?

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017

Context:
The last few issues of Powers of X #1 are X3: X-Men Year One Thousand. Nimrod and The Librarian are talking about the extinction of humans and it shows the two humans in the zoo. And Nimord and the Librarian talk about the collective consciousness of mutantdom.
It's too late to complain about it now, but yet another possible/incorrect future-- The Hulk, Mr. Immortal, and Franklin Richards are supposed to be only "humans" left alive. But I heard the latter will be mentioned in PoX #6, though?

Last edited: