• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Another L to a long list or Ls given to Creed by Jean

lXEl3z2_d.jpg

o2dHvTG_d.jpg

aEp1i0r_d.jpg

2Vp16zF_d.jpg

3oL7ya2_d.jpg

EA6gaAp_d.jpg

zO2XSxV_d.jpg

r0coCH7_d.jpg

2nbuHwX_d.jpg

2nbuHwX_d.jpg

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Xavier's speech was so well done because it straddles the line perfectly. It is what humans deserved to hear at this point. Yet it is still something that a Namor would hand down to humanity, not Xavier. (Thus Namor himself detecting a false note in Xavier at their meeting.)

In essence the sentiment is sincere. But the adversarial framing, the idea of mutants supplanting humanity rather than co-existing, could never truly be the thinking of Xavier. Xavier can not mean it in precisely the terms he delivered. So it's still part of a larger subterfuge.

Yeah, Apocalypse is already realizing that Xavier's methods aren't lining up with his own goals.

Mutant supremacist cells are inevitably going to rise up on Krakoa.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
I always thought Sabretooth should've been inverted permanently, so I'm looking forward to the implied chance at redemption.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I still think the text buble font means there is unexplained fuckery going on.

Unless it already has been adressed and I missed it, of course! My dumb eyes have only noticed book wide font changes when it comes to the Ultimate universe, so my dumb brain thinks there is stil another shoe to drop.

I could be totally wrong on this too!

The current Runaways book uses the same font. It's highly unlikely to be a hint at anything.

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
The whole mutant laws thing is pretty messed up considering they basically gave everyone a free pass for their pre Krakoa crimes which were the same as what Creed was being punished for (I.e. killing humans). Apocalypse been doing that shit for centuries

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
All of the questionable vibes being thrown have me even more interested than unsettled because shit is probably going to hit the fan on a pretty huge scale at some point.

Vic gonna be mad as fuck whenever he inevitably comes back tho

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
This has been a great series and I can't wait to see how it ends.

Which of the spinoff series is everyone going to be reading? I'm thinking X-Men and X-Force, maybe Excalibur as I'm curious of what Apocalypse on a team will be like.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
The whole mutant laws thing is pretty messed up considering they basically gave everyone a free pass for their pre Krakoa crimes which were the same as what Creed was being punished for (I.e. killing humans). Apocalypse been doing that shit for centuries

Creed exacerbated his situation by disobeying direct mission orders

MEmpLNz_d.jpg

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Can Krakoa just throw you in a hole wherever you are on the island?

It's amazing how much of this plan relies on Krakoa acting in good faith.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, you don't need to try to square the Creed thing. The fact of the matter is that they made an example of him and, for the moment, there's nothing he can do about that. It reads dubiously because that's exactly what it is: Morally dubious.

And that's applicable to a lot of the book. These kinds of things are inevitable in the founding and administration of any state, as is blowback.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Eh Creed disobeyed direct orders and if you want to be technical he did it after becoming a citizen unlike the the others

It's morally dubious but on the other hand fuck Sabertooth no one should feel sorry for him

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
This has been a great series and I can't wait to see how it ends.

Which of the spinoff series is everyone going to be reading? I'm thinking X-Men and X-Force, maybe Excalibur as I'm curious of what Apocalypse on a team will be like.
Definite:

X-Men - obligatory monthly/biweekly pull unless Hickman does something that I really hate
New Mutants - at least sticking around for the first arc, if the non 80s squad stuff is lame or if the attention gets fully pulled away from them I'll probably drop it
Marauders - unless the political intrigue flops I'll be there
Fallen Angels - this is actually the most intriguing book to me, people are speculating that this book will be the one to have a focus on mutants having doubts about what's going on (which would make sense for all three of them, though Cable looks to be in X-Men for a while). there has to be something more to it than it just being a sorta Psylocke solo so hopefully that's it.

Maybe:

Excalibur - mite b cool, I'll probably at least check out issue one but it's an easy drop if it doesn't

No

X-Force: I'm actively disinterested in this one, unless I see a lot of praise after the first arc I'm not spending any money on it

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In all of these prisoner stories, someone inevitably visits the prisoner a few times and then ends up letting them out. I expect that with Creed. Or maybe Krakoa takes a liking to him or something.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm going either "Creed Awakens in the Future", "Creed gets out and finds like-minded people to take down Krakoa" or "it's a smokescreen to take Creed off the board while he does something underhanded for Chuck for a while."

Xavier and Magneto are making a huge play to push the idea of mutant solidarity being the most important thing of all. I would think even Magneto knows that shits like Sinister and maniacs like Apocalypse don't deserve forgiveness. But this is the price they believe must be paid to send the message.

The only question is what contingency plans they have for the inevitable trouble that the usual suspects are going to instigate. Sabertooth wasn't wrong about being used as an example. The first line of defense is the threat being sentenced to pure hell stuffed into the fridge.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
Xavier and Magneto are making a huge play to push the idea of mutant solidarity being the most important thing of all. I would think even Magneto knows that shits like Sinister and maniacs like Apocalypse don't deserve forgiveness. But this is the price they believe must be paid to send the message.

The only question is what contingency plans they have for the inevitable trouble that the usual suspects are going to instigate. Sabertooth wasn't wrong about being used as an example. The first line of defense is the threat being sentenced to pure hell stuffed into the fridge.

Exactly Creed knew exactly what it was, a screw job but when establishing the rules they also needs to show the punishment, since they are all essentially immortal.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
ha, Danger Island was also an old live action short on the Banana Splits show. With JAN MICHAEL VINCENT!

Ill check out xmen, new mutants and probly maurauders. Gambit and Rogue mean probly no Excalibur for me.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
Can Krakoa just throw you in a hole wherever you are on the island?

It's amazing how much of this plan relies on Krakoa acting in good faith.

Yes the mutant eating inland is the key to it all. You got to give Hickman a lot of credit building this whole thing around Krakoa, Moira, and to a lesser degree Nimrod is the unlikeliest foundation for a reboot ever, but he makes it work.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, way worse. You can take off from a Human prison pretty much any time you want.

I wonder if Sabretooth will run into anyone else already down there.

Given Xavier saying he'll be in "stasis" and specifically "immobile," I don't think he'll be doing much interacting with anyone down there.

I fully expect it to be the solitary confinement cell from Hell, trapped within dirt and rock as Krakoa supplies you with just enough air and nutrients to survive.

Con_Smith

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When X was giving that speech we're those people on the space station still alive? Mainly old girls husband who blew the hatch on the space station.

Oct 26, 2017
There's a core essence to what the X-Men were (or rather Xavier's dream and his persistent march toward it) that was important to me and I don't recognise it in this series. Maybe Hickman never cared for it? Or thought it so unimportant that he thought it right and proper to erase it?

I just have far too many issues with what Hickman has put into motion. This whole thing seems like a waste. For it to end up as a mutant form of the Inhumans and Attilan? Nah.

As a result no matter how long it persists or what promises are made with regards to long-lasting implications I'm going to consider all of this as existing in isolation. A thing to be unwritten in the future.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
forgive me if this point was already made (few pages behind now) but as a prison abolitionist, how they did creed really doesn't sit well with me

for starters, sending him on a pacifist stealth mission was stupid, punishing him for doing what he he does feels a lot like cap slamming punisher for doing wetwork in civil war but executing criminals right after: this is kinda who they are

moreover, not having prisons is great, but a demolition man-esque eternal torture is supposed to be more humane? i know its comics but this character has been redeemed several times now, once within the last few years too. this was the best they could do, and no one in the room had even slight reservations about it? fuck, i know mystique is cold as ice but damn

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
There's a core essence to what the X-Men were (or rather Xavier's dream and his persistent march toward it) that was important to me and I don't recognise it in this series. Maybe Hickman never cared for it? Or thought it so unimportant that he thought it right and proper to erase it?

I just have far too many issues with what Hickman has put into motion. This whole thing seems like a waste. For it to end up as a mutant form of the Inhumans and Attilan? Nah.

As a result no matter how long it persists or what promises are made with regards to long-lasting implications I'm going to consider all of this as existing in isolation. A thing to be unwritten in the future.

i mean, for one, it was either this or forever stay in the dead-end that is days of future past vs age of apocalypse type dichotomy, and that well ran dry quite a while back at this point. he needed to do something bold like this, for one.

also: this is hickman, his changes to spy marvel were huge years back, and we still feel the effects of secret war sometimes. everything points to him being in this for the long haul as well...i mean, we ate off the scraps of grant morrison's run for nearly a decade after. i don't feel like this is being waved away for all the kids to go back to the mansion any day soon.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Get rid of the 616 version, collect the AoA version.

That would probably be the core premise of an Exiles book in this era - collecting mutants missing from the library. Notable AU mutants, better versions of unsalvageable 616 mutants, etc.
I expect Exiles to be less cross-time capering and more anti-Krakoa rebelling. Xavier even named them.

mMgj5B3mHjoMcZl3l6f1yH4mrd5b0jANkSN6ZcL_CFEMUKAxBw78PP4l2VZK3H8jNGEbciSj5PFLAoTJl8wD-2FRwDAZW7DEDr70r0-Y4Z2JdiOKp8UsFphtilcWyjlKjljfBp5Ayw=s1600

Last edited:

Nesotenso

Oct 26, 2017
It was meant to show they are leaving the drama behind. That's how I read it. I don't think Marvel will be doing open relationships and swinging under Disney

same here. I read it as Logan being okay with Scott and Jean. Jean & Emma burying the hatchet. But clearly Scott and Emma are still into each other. Just setting up more relationship drama.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So Moira has put herself into self-imposed exile, right? That has to be where she's been. They've had to have realized that her dying would undo everything they've put in motion, and they can't take that chance.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
So Moira has put herself into self-imposed exile, right? That has to be where she's been. They've had to have realized that her dying would undo everything they've put in motion, and they can't take that chance.

Yes she faked her death during the Legacy Virus stuff. Doesn't seem anyone but Magneto and Xavier even know she is a mutant.