• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
Has Red Queen been a thing before now?
Dominatrix Maddie Pryor went by it during Fraction's bad run!
2733334-uncanny_x_men__501___page_19.jpg

Last edited:

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Just wanted to chime in on the "not really Year one", I'm sure Forge wouldnt be wearing 90's yellow and black x-gear if this was someone his first dealing with Xavier.

I...thought there was supposed to be some sort of reveal here, but it looks like we're really just setting up for the monthly runs.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
interesting how inhumans skirted trying to kill mutants to come into being with the gas, lmao cant believe they painted cyclops as the bad guy for militantly opposing that

ALSO who were all the mutants charles was addresssing , sinister, exodus , couldn't identify one of them

MrMegaPhoenix

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, so I'm guessing the marauders "helping mutants all over the world" is merely the cover story for smuggling the drugs.
magneto clarifies it. He wants Shaw to get the drugs into the countries who rejected krakoa (like brazil, north korea, etc) and also get the mutants living in the country out to the safety of Krakoa. Its set up that it's Shaw doing the smuggling too, so I'm guessing that Emma's team is the more "flamboyant" team that gets people's attention while Shaw (and I assume more mutants) infiltrates and does his thing.

still, it didn't seem like much notable was answered here besides what Xavier's message was exactly (and a bit about cerebro's look).

I did notice some super interesting things though:
- Both the Tower of Nimrod and the Archive of Nimrod (The Mutant Library where the Librarian hangs out) look very very similar in design to that building shown with Emma on Krakoa (could be artistic coincidence though)
- shi'ar logic diamonds, sinister's diamonds and nimrod's chest thing being a diamond seem a bit suspect
- it's made super clear that you should be able to put the wrong mind in a body with a secondary ability. Yeah it might mean proteus, but telepathy is hinted at. suspect.
- where is Moira's "no place" (it's not krakoa) and "The Pointe"? I assume Summer House is either Scott's house or just Xaviers Beach Shack, but these?
- the floating orb the phalanx absorbed (with the copy of the elder) is the same design that magneto has with the flower and a black one is seen infected the baby in the 100 year future
- Not only are the phalanx linked to singularities/black holes, but so is Xorn. And nimrod knows about this topic while Omega Sentinel also says she knows the future lies in what's in a black hole. Whatever this means, it sounds important enough to the future
- the female blue person did say she thinks she found a way around the ascension issue, but nothing so far happened besides the elder being "eaten" and the world about to end? unless the payoff is next issue, such as that backup being infected with a virus or something like that

What do we think here? something to do with....time/dimension travel? maybe?

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Still disappointed she won't be the Black King anymore.
It lasted such a short time. I really don't follow why Shaw had to be brought back and put in that position from Xavier's perspective. I get all the heady shit in this series, but his reasoning didn't make sense to me. Couldn't they do all that without him? Or he has the connections they couldn't get?

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
It lasted such a short time. I really don't follow why Shaw had to be brought back and put in that position from Xavier's perspective. I get all the heady shit in this series, but his reasoning didn't make sense to me. Couldn't they do all that without him? Or he has the connections they couldn't get?
Hickman's got some pretty flimsy excuses for why they need to rely on people that only provide no good to society.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
You mean PoX red lady? or Karima?

PoX Red lady is a Sentinel and may be Karima.

Karima is a human turned sentinel, who may or may not become the red lady.

Right, Karima, I got it. I cannot imagine there's something that'll stop her from aging considering she is the Omega Sentinel at the time of HoX/PoX #4.

Re: Sinister Secrets

So beyond Ernst, Karima has gotta be the Sinister sleeper agent considering not only it's happened before, but there's nothing to suggest to my knowledge that programming was wiped out.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
yeah, that big early image of what looked like a portrait shot was clearly meant to tell us more, no surprises there (looking back)

also namor was truly the mutant i'd wanted to see, i guess, haha - best character from him since, well, secret war/illuminati

Marvel will compress events or retcon them out if they're problematic to avoid timeline problems- for instance the "nixon shooting himself in the head" incident from Cap, and Cap fighting Reagan incidents obviously never happened now.

wait i remember the nixon thing from the first secret empire, when was the reagan fighting
cause i can totally get behind that as well

Wild that no one else is discussing the implicit statement of "Xavier clearly does not believe in mutant superiority" in this issue.

that, and the bit about xavier having loaded an earlier save of himself twice now

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious if the x100 is forshadowing. It says dominions can not only control sectors of space but also epochs of time. Curious if the events playing out with x100 might cause the phalanx to try to consume earth at an earlier point in time.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
interesting how inhumans skirted trying to kill mutants to come into being with the gas, lmao cant believe they painted cyclops as the bad guy for militantly opposing that

ALSO who were all the mutants charles was addresssing , sinister, exodus , couldn't identify one of them
One was Omega Red I believe. Another was Gorgon, can't remember if there were more.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

I gather to keep Emma's hands clean in all of it.

While the super human community knows Emma was once a villian, the world at large really doesn't.

To the world at large she's just a philanthropist and a socialite who was a member of the X-Men and a know mutant thanks to Xavier. Her skeletons would be no worse than someone like Tony Stark.

Same with Shaw really, but his disappearance due to the amnesia and his current ousting from the Hellfire Club Inner Circle means he much more expendable especially since Emma is going to be the face of all this.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm assuming the future stuff is a timeline where Xavier's worldmind/Earth gets dominated unexpectedly by the phalanx, with Nimrod kind of getting the last laugh?

The end of that issue definitely felt like a "now we fucked up" kinda thing.

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Emma and Namor scenes were great. Namor especially, that man has all the confidence in the world and put it all on display in that scene.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I just realized they gave amnesty to Gorgon.

Even when Matt Murdock isn't around, the find ways to make him suffer.

Deleted member 59

Namor was great.

Can someone explain to me why the blurb for this issue was "Sinister does what he does best" considering he wasn't really in it.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So I'm assuming the future stuff is a timeline where Xavier's worldmind/Earth gets dominated unexpectedly by the phalanx, with Nimrod kind of getting the last laugh?

It's sort of that but they seemed to willingly invite the Phalanx to assimilate them. Instead they are going to use them for energy consumption and retain the data. At least, that's what my interpretation was.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Batshit insane questions.

If Moira and Xavier did switch bodies: Would Xavier be able to resurrect into the next life? Would Moira be able to keep Destiny out of her head by wearing Cerebro all the time?

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
I just realized they gave amnesty to Gorgon.

Even when Matt Murdock isn't around, the find ways to make him suffer.

is there something im forgetting from shadowland, or when did these two even beef again

I wonder if they're going to resurrect Sugar Man.

the single most pointless AOA leftover this side of holocaust? i'd say hickman already has a role for him, yeah

Well, I guess they've resurrected a few other totally lame mutants, so why not?

The answer to that question is: because he fucking sucks

he does, but i'm not sure we revived anyone quite as useless as him yet

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
As a die hard Emma Frost fan I LOVED this issue. Really well done. And the appearance of Namor was a delight as well, reacted 1000% in character.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone think the discussion of highly advanced biological machines being behind the Phalanx could be related to the work Forge is doing in Krakoa? The issue does state that he could be on the cusp of a breakthrough in Krakoan tech and the discussion of black holes connecting one single machine across the universe is very similar to the way Krakoa operates with the flowers 🤔

At the same time the previous PoX ended with the Elder uploading his consciousness into a machine in order to join the Phalanx and now we know that Earth has backups of literally ever mutant mind...

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
That one Namor page was fucking awesome. Holy shit. The Technarchy/Phalanx/Titan/Dominion stuff is super fascinating, too. Really can't wait to see where it goes. Is that the first time the Phoenix was mentioned in HOX/POX?

Oct 25, 2017
That one Namor page was fucking awesome. Holy shit. The Technarchy/Phalanx/Titan/Dominion stuff is super fascinating, too. Really can't wait to see where it goes. Is that the first time the Phoenix was mentioned in HOX/POX?

I have no reference point for Namor but that single page made me think he's a no BS badass who thinks Xavier is a joke. It was really well written