• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
So this cover basically confirms Rachel is Wolverine's daughter huh? Hear me out, this is just the entire extended Summers/Grey family, so why is Wolverine there? He's Rachel's father obviously. Look at her pose, like her claws are ready to come out. There's a nice symmetry here where Cable and Rachel are "their kids" but only 1 parent is related to each biologically.

Ageed. The colour palette, the pose, the justification it gives to Logan being there. Looks like a confirmation of the theory, and I kinda like it.

Guess Ruby Summers will remain stuck in Layla Miller's future.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I was looking at that cover and thinking that the other day. They're going to go ahead with it. I'm cool with it, I guess.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
So this cover basically confirms Rachel is Wolverine's daughter huh? Hear me out, this is just the entire extended Summers/Grey family, so why is Wolverine there? He's Rachel's father obviously. Look at her pose, like her claws are ready to come out. There's a nice symmetry here where Cable and Rachel are "their kids" but only 1 parent is related to each biologically.

Or Logan as the 4th Summers brother confirmed?

Bookkoo

Apr 9, 2018
Damn i accidentally stumbled across one of the spoilers on reddit before i noped out of it. we are in for a treat tomorrow

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
ahhhh stop even mentioning it here
You weak willed gene-traitors!

Marvel-2BX-men-2BMagneto-2Bfacepalm-2Bgif.gif

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
I guess I should be clearer since I know that part. I meant do all October titles come out the same day or are they themselves staggered? I don't usually follow big Marvel/DC titles regularly.

X-Men is out October 16th, then Marauders the next week, then Excalibur, then New Mutants, then Fallen Angels, and then X-Force.

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Wow I can't believe it was Doop pretending to be The Maker pretending to be Xavier this whole time!

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Did they really needed that full frontal nude of Nightcrawler? DC black label up in here

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Another Wednesday morning spent furiously refreshing for the new issue. I suppose this is my life now.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Good issue! I appreciate that it also gives an idea of where the follow-up series are going.

- So do we think Sinister's already been modifying the DNA repositories?
- Nice use of obscure mutants. I don't think anyone was ever expecting to see Goldballs again.
- I love that comic book death is now canon.
- As a cloud engineer, the idea of backing up minds weekly and placing them in redundant storage fills me with glee.
- Did someone forget to resurrect Mystique?

Last edited:

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
There was a line that struck me in this issues documentation. [NOTE: There has been no experimentation regarding what happens when you combine a mutant MIND with a HUSK that is not their own.]

We about to go Altered Carbon up in here.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, that was good. Hickman has been executing on his ideas really well so far. Making these concepts actually work must be a tough job for a writer.

There was a line that struck me in this issues documentation. [NOTE: There has been no experimentation regarding what happens when you combine a mutant MIND with a HUSK that is not their own.]

We about to go Altered Carbon up in here.
Yeah, no way this doesn't happen.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Because Storm's ex is in Wakanda. You always highlight the ex in red.
pffffff.
HAH

thats actually way better.

Hey speaking of warring with Wakanda, is Atlantis a thing again?
i remember it got wrecked during Time runs out but a lot of things from TRO got undid, but im not sure if iv seen it in anything since secret wars.
Tho admittedly i havnt been reading that much marvel stuff.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Xavier is so messed up he's got these butt naked X-Men on stage showing off for everyone to see. Jean has no modesty.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
pffffff.
HAH

thats actually way better.

Hey speaking of warring with Wakanda, is Atlantis a thing again?
i remember it got wrecked during Time runs out but a lot of things from TRO got undid, but im not sure if iv seen it in anything since secret wars.
Tho admittedly i havnt been reading that much marvel stuff.

Yeah, Avengers and Invaders have been detailing Namor and Atlantis.

kazamatsuri

Behind the Scenes at Epic
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Pretty great swerve, to get everyone assuming that Krakoa had something to do with resurrecting everyone.

And Hickman had always said he was a fan of Goldballs...now we know what he was going on about :)

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
then why was it in RED ?

Wakanda/Krakoa war here we come!

Who knows of things will escalate to that level, but I think the implication there is that if Wakanda doesn't need the mutant drugs, then they must have their own solutions for life extension and neural diseases. Very interesting.

Pretty great swerve, to get everyone assuming that Krakoa had something to do with resurrecting everyone.

And Hickman had always said he was a fan of Goldballs...now we know what he was going on about :)

LOL yep. Hickman's a funny guy and I figured GB would get an appearance just for memes sake, but I didn't expect him to actually find a real use for him. Same for Eva, who I'm also really happy to see.

Did anyone else get the sense that the Five are a polyamorous group? Their relationship is fascinating.