• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, hold on a sec. I'm confused by something.

The blurb in HoX today says that Moira X and Apocalypse found the Nimrod data. But wasn't that Moira IX?

RapidCancel

Oct 26, 2017

The blurb in HoX today says that Moira X and Apocalypse found the Nimrod data. But wasn't that Moira IX?

I think that's how their addressing the current reincarnated Moira. Using "X" to signify that she's on her 10th reincarnation. If you look at the end of the last PoX issue, they end it with "So ended the ninth life of Moira X."

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Another great issue, I read the last few back to back so having to go one at a time now is rough. I bet they are fine in some bubble, I don't think this is some crazy resurrection plot line. I'll mess with the language cypher some more later but the end pages translates to the names of the next two issues.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

I think the X in Moria X refers to the X-Gene she has not her timelines.

On the timeline page the header says "The Many Lives of Moria X"

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm thinking Nimrod the Greater may be the mutant-friendly Nimrod.

Moira 9 gets the data regarding when Nimrod is created and dies. Moira 10 uses the knowledge to pinpoint when Nimrod should come about and starts Slumbering Giant with Xavier. They destroy the anti-mutant Nimrod, allowing their Nimrod to take its place. She goes on to become the Librarian somehow, learns something useful during/as a result of the Ascension, and then uses it on her eleventh life, leading to the ongoing Mutant books.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Moira 9 gets the data regarding when Nimrod is created and dies. Moira 10 uses the knowledge to pinpoint when Nimrod should come about and starts Slumbering Giant with Xavier. They destroy the anti-mutant Nimrod, allowing their Nimrod to take its place. She goes on to become the Librarian somehow, learns something useful during/as a result of the Ascension, and then uses it on her eleventh life, leading to the ongoing Mutant books.
I have been mulling around with the same idea. The only problem is that Moira X is already closely following the 616 timeline as it is (assumed to be the 616 timeline). If we see her in the XI timeline will she still allow a situation like Proteus to happen?

We still need to learn about the 6th timeline as well.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
I still think everything needs to be solved in life 10, because it looks too much like 616. It may not be a life 11.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
Could be HOX is life 10 but regular 616 is life 11. Yeah it's super similar but if they get super close to their goal in 10 they might want to try again in 11. Would also explain the font used in the book.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
People are way too hung up on the font. Runaways also uses it despite being 616. It means very little.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
So I just saw 2 pages of X-Men #1 and I'm starting to think that the
Xavier isn't Xavier. In the preview page he's back in a wheelchair making me suspect thaf who we think is Xavier i not him.

Naphu

Apr 6, 2018

What could she possibly accomplish before age 13 in her eleventh life to make it worth it? That's when I remembered the mutant cure. Maybe you're right and the eleventh life is the new status quo but instead of dying before 13, she rebuilds the event of that life properly as an adult and then uses the mutant cure (that she presumably still recalls how to make.) It saves the new status quo, plus Moira gets to stay in the new 616 as a normal human geneticist just like pre-retcon lol.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
What could she possibly accomplish before age 13 in her eleventh life to make it worth it? That's when I remembered the mutant cure. Maybe you're right and the eleventh life is the new status quo but instead of dying before 13, she rebuilds the event of that life properly as an adult and then uses the mutant cure (that she presumably still recalls how to make.) It saves the new status quo, plus Moira gets to stay in the new 616 as a normal human geneticist just like pre-retcon lol.

That actually makes a lot of sense......

Also yeah I am not sure this is 616 but it would be interesting if they ended this and then immediately jump to 616 with Moira taking the last step secure mutant survival

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
It strikes me that all of the reactions to Xavier and the mutants being "creepy" is exactly what the humans in the story are thinking.

Which kind of makes me think that there's not actually anything bad going on with them.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
It strikes me that all of the reactions to Xavier and the mutants being "creepy" is exactly what the humans in the story are thinking.

Which kind of makes me think that there's not actually anything bad going on with them.
so the creepy factor is just a whole plate of:
jnTLq5.gif
?

i dig it.

MrMegaPhoenix

Oct 27, 2017
i love theorizing this whole event, but I must say, the focus on "life 11" is something I feel gets more attention than it deserves. I honestly do believe it's solely there as either an "out" for a much later writer to use or something as simple as its just a way for moira to have one more life without an impact on the current universe. Nothing whatsoever related to "what we are seeing is life 10, the next comics are life 11". Another theory I keep see popping up is that nearly all the mutants we see are "pod people" and are purely disposable, likewise that Moira has zero power and its all a simulation in The World. Both just seem like they'd really hurt the story.

I think the most important thing with Moira right now really is just what mad her "snap" in Life 6. It's very suspect that Life 5 ended in a "genocide at Faraway" and I think that could imply that Moira woke up and did it. With the focus on the Omega Sentinel things, it seems entirely possible that somehow and for some reason, she was to become an Omega Sentinel in Life 5 (the "Coma" is her being taken over by the AI side of things) and she killed everyone. And for some reason or another, this meant that Life 6 is that 1000 year future and that explains why/how Moira is still around that far ahead (I suspect she is The Librarian or the other "blue person" that looked older) due to machine/mutant hybridization. So it could would keep her from being conscious of everything for 1000 years, but it could lead to the ascension being counted as a Death and enough for her 7th life to lead to the realization that if AI dominates, it leads to the end of the solar system via the Phalanx.

A lot of the spoilered out text in the Directors Cut should be interesting too. Like that little green mutant Kid (Fauna) has spoilers, but what? Likely related to the flowers, but just makes you wonder how important these spoilers are or not

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of the spoilered out text in the Directors Cut should be interesting too. Like that little green mutant Kid (Fauna) has spoilers, but what? Likely related to the flowers, but just makes you wonder how important these spoilers are or not
I've been wondering about this too. I really hope the last issue of HoX has an unredacted version of that first script.

MrMegaPhoenix

Oct 27, 2017
I've been wondering about this too. I really hope the last issue of HoX has an unredacted version of that first script.
i was hoping we would get more director's cut issues too. It would be frustrating to never see it referenced again.

just because, a few quick parts that were spoilered out were these:
- Everything to do with Xavier's telepathic speech to the world
- Several "pod" spoilers
- The Jerusalem Habitat panel that specifically says 5 cuckoos (only 4 are shown)
- Something important (two paragraphs even) on the page with the ambassadors, even though nothing stands out here
- The green mutant's identity (even though it appears Fauna(Desi Ochoa-Diaz) is the name)
- Something about Cypher and Sage talking
- The translation of Krakoa's language (a few words at most)
- Omega Sentinel is ???? (a large block of text)
- The Data Page showing Sol's Hammer being stolen isn't the only important thing for the rest of the story
- During the cuckoo tour there is some text, but I suspect its just the translation of Krokoan Script (which is Galm?) but it could be the pink crystals.
- theres an important point about the Omega Mutants (maybe its who they are aligned with?)

In hindsight, I wonder how important this would be. I suspect a lot of it will be answered by the end of the series, which implies something to do with those Pods (the birth of Chimera mutants?), Fauna having more relevance later on and I'm guessing Omega Sentinel is a mole here since Moira would know she turns on them and aligns with Nimrod?

The others though? its hard to tell if its important or just throwaway things to not spoiler later

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fucking shit.

they're totally being reborn in those pods.

That was incredible.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh....I'm getting really annoyed at Hickman's Miracle-Grow fed imitation "Jean". All of these pod-hatched X-Men tbh.

Oct 25, 2017
'Pretender'. Oh wow, that's really brutal.

And instead of giving us a 'hey everyone is OK', this issue kind of played out a lot differently than what I expected.

There's probably going to be a new batch of core X-men coming out of the birthing pods soon, so no worries!

WeaselKing

Oct 27, 2017
The Xavier breakdown in the end has me very curious regarding the future. Why would he freak out if he has the birthing pods?

EDIT: Are the mutants sent on this mission the ones birthed by the pods?

Last edited:

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Xavier breakdown in the end has me very curious regarding the future. Why would he freak out if he has the birthing pods?
The hope of rebirth doesn't take away from the tragedy of death. Even if you have birthing pods, you still have to watch people die from far away and you can do nothing about it.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The hope of rebirth doesn't take away from the tragedy of death. Even if you have birthing pods, you still have to watch people die from far away and you can do nothing about it.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
That was incredible.

I wonder how "real" the pod X-Men are, however. Clearly they are mutants worthy of Krakoa.

Howver, Jean did not seem herself, for instance.

May 24, 2019
I got the feeling that the opening of the series with the pods was a flash forward, so at this point he might not have rebirthed anyone yet and just lost the original articles.
He cracks at the end, "No more", as in "no more death", and decides to create or just use the pods.

Last edited:

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Fuuuck. Fuck.

Kinda sucks that solicits are a thing. Wish we didn't know about the new titles from Dawn of X, or at least some of them.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Wow what an issue. If this is the series finale of X-Men it would give me goosebumps.

Kurt and Logan MVP