• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
User banned (1 month): Thread Derailment and Hostility Over Multiple Posts, Accumulated Infractions
Look how triggered you are. Just ignore my comment if it irritates you. It feels like you're all a hair's breadth away from personally insulting me at this point, and I bet if it wasn't ban worthy you'd be doing it.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
My... plan?

Take your head out of your backside. There is no plan. I think certain things but I do not want to expand upon those points at 2 in the fucking morning, which is what it is now where I am. And honestly given these bizarre reactions why in the hell should I ever bother?

There's a cultish fervour about people's adoration for Hickman's work. I know Marvel has been starved of good storytelling but damn... calm down.
"It's too early to post replies to an argument I ostensibly don't want to have, so instead, let me continue to post replies to an argument I ostensibly don't want to have."

Your plan continues to not be well thought out, my friend.

Captain Brittain, Silver Samurai and Kylun come to mind for sword mutants.
The former is on my list, I just defaulted to Psylocke instead of Captain Britain.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Look how triggered you are. Just ignore it. It feels like you're all a hair's breadth away from personally insulting me at this point, and I bet if it wasn't ban worthy you'd be doing it.

Jesus, this is a discussion board. You came in and called Hickman's work on the X-books derivative, people asked you to back it up, which is a totally normal request on a discussion board, and you refused. Now you are calling people triggered? Not a great look.

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus, this is a discussion board. You came in and called Hickman's work on the X-books derivative, people asked you to back it up, which is a totally normal request on a discussion board, and you refused. Now you are calling people triggered? Not a great look.
Fucking hell.

Alright. When it isn't 2:38 am and I've got time on Sunday (because i'm working all day tomorrow) I'll summarise why I think that. If you still give a crap of course and I actually remember.

This is a damn comic book series but here you are coming at me over a trivial comment. Get a damn grip.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
People are curious as to what works Hickman's own are apparently derivative of. There's nothing wrong with asking for receipts, and the only person getting up in arms over this is you.
Let me state something quite clearly: My comment was trivial. I didn't bother explaining it because I've gone over Hickman's run in other threads. I enjoy his work, but as I said I don't find this run wholly original and feel it's retreading things I've encountered before.

I can promise you on the lives of my family that I am not up in arms. I don't have a "plan". I'm not intentionally stirring things up. I simply don't feel strongly enough to give detailed explanations BECAUSE I STILL ENJOY HIS WORK! Just putting that in capitals so it's a bit clearer.

I like Hickman's approach to comic book storytelling, especially when he has a chance to flex his muscles. But the x-men as they are in this moment aren't the pinnacle of Hickman originality. I'm reading for the stuff to come because I'm expecting his plan to unfold with time. That's what I expect from him and what I like.

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a damn comic book series but here you are coming at me over a trivial comment. Get a damn grip.
I just got back from work and I'm really tired but I'm awake enough to ask you if you thought you saw yourself as the most reasonable person here when you used to word "triggered"?
Hell, I'll go as far as to say you were digging yourself a hole the moment you thought your first post in this thread was something NOT to be talked about in a discussion board. It's like shooting a flamethrower in a cave full of boxes of TNT and hoping for no explosion.

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
"Krakoa's defenses are finite, my x-men, so in response to escalating human aggressions i'm tapping into a new, seemingly limitless source of power. They call it... Kingdom Hearts"

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I don't feel like the X-books, while I'm enjoying them (minus Excalibur and Fallen Angels which I dropped), haven't really lived up to the greatness of House/Powers so far. Only Marauders imo really stands out. Hopefully Hickman recaptures some of that energy for this event.

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
Rachel's got the buster sword.

So I'm reading Hickman's xmen run in MU, on issue 4 of powers/house of X and it's awesome so far.

For those of you that are caught up to the newest issues, how would you say it's going so far?

that was my first thought

hickman is clearly building up to something. It's just so good. Keep reading it.

I recommend that and new mutants.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Did Marvel forget that they own Silver Samurai?

Also, I want Sword Master involved in this crossover. I don't care how.

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
Needs to be built like a Beam Katana from No More Heroes. Capped off so it doesn't extend infinitely, except with a ruby quartz lens...

Then give it a button that raises that lens. Punching sword.
Would such a sword even be able to cut things? Would be more like a staff I'd think. Would be hilarious

Oct 26, 2017
I just got back from work and I'm really tired but I'm awake enough to ask you if you thought you saw yourself as the most reasonable person here when you used to word "triggered"?
Hell, I'll go as far as to say you were digging yourself a hole the moment you thought your first post in this thread was something NOT to be talked about in a discussion board. It's like shooting a flamethrower in a cave full of boxes of TNT and hoping for no explosion.
If you are that emotionally reactive then discussions are impossible, which is par for the course in this "discussion forum". With regards to the subject matter: I've elaborated on my opinions before only to be subjected to a barrage of ego driven "this is why you are wrong" statements with the only way to stop it being to stop engaging.

From my perspective there is no hole that has been dug. People here have got themselves into a state based on what they subjectively perceive to the point where there is zero point in me saying anything further. I could have expanded on what I thought if given a little bit more time and a display from others that they were willing to listen but the reaction was immediately negative to a degree that surprised even me.

The "open to discussion" is nothing but a thin facade. It's mostly ego driven subjectivity. Any "discussion" has to be carefully crafted to avoid that minefield, which has the result of the discussion not being open at all.

People can believe I'm a trolling piece of shit all they like. That's in their heads. Their assumptions will not retroactively rewrite my intentions.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Would such a sword even be able to cut things? Would be more like a staff I'd think. Would be hilarious
It would, but it'd be a really messy cut. It would basically work like an energy chainsaw, cutting whatever it made contact with through the motion of the energy surging from the beam's hilt to its cap.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Transcending history and the world, a tale of souls and swords.

We are talking about Hickman, he is going to blow our minds at the same time everything makes perfect sense.

The X-men have been the best they have been in ages, truly is exciting to get new stuff every Wednesday and discuss with you guys.

OP
OP
jon bones

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
truly is exciting to get new stuff every Wednesday and discuss with you guys.

☺️

RCO025_1570019300.jpg

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
*Looks up what the arcana means* Fuck.

If I read it upside down it won't be able to hurt me, right?

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I've been out of the loop, is Apocalypse a good guy now? How do they explain that?

It's somewhat ambiguous, which makes it all the more interesting. He's a "good guy" in that he lives in Krakoa, which is a nation by mutants for mutants. All mutants were given amnesty on Krakoa and allowed to start fresh, to build a place and a future for mutantkind. Of course, when you have characters like Apocalypse and Mister Sinister and Omega Red and Mystique all together with mutant children and then a bunch of superheroes, it seems unlikely that everything will be peaceful indefinitely...

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's somewhat ambiguous, which makes it all the more interesting. He's a "good guy" in that he lives in Krakoa, which is a nation by mutants for mutants. All mutants were given amnesty on Krakoa and allowed to start fresh, to build a place and a future for mutantkind. Of course, when you have characters like Apocalypse and Mister Sinister and Omega Red and Mystique all together with mutant children and then a bunch of superheroes, it seems unlikely that everything will be peaceful indefinitely...
Apocalypse has always wanted a survival of the fittest nation. Krokoa is basically what he has been trying to accomplish.

You know what, sure, why not.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
www.hollywoodreporter.com

Marvel Unveils X-Men Comic Event ‘X of Swords’

The 15-part storyline, announced at Chicago's C2E2, will begin this July.

"Headlined by Jonathan Hickman, the writer behind last year's relaunch, X of Swords will see 10 particular mutants rise to the defense of the mutant nation of Krakoa, each armed with what Marvel is calling "legendary blades, both new and familiar ones from Marvel history.""

Pronounced 'Ten of Swords.'

15 issues, apparently.

This is a goddamn RPG and I'm okay with that.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Logan's appearance on the cover made me realize...where's Laura at, these days? Still hanging with her own younger clone and co.?

Of course, when you have characters like Apocalypse and Mister Sinister and Omega Red and Mystique all together with mutant children and then a bunch of superheroes, it seems unlikely that everything will be peaceful indefinitely...

Xavier and Magneto know Sinister would be doing stupid shit to try and subvert them anyways, so they figure they can keep a better eye on him from close-up (lol)

Apocalypse seems to be chill (at the moment, at least) - as this 'Mutant rule' is what he's wanted, at least to some degree.

Mystique would be chill if they just let Destiny come back! (which would then bring another host of problems onto the whole situation)

But for real, I'm curious on if they actually end up putting anyone else in the same 'jail' as they did to Sabretooth - that's some super dark shit.

They say swords but really Cyclops just has a fancy baton.

It's a sword from the punch dimension!