• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Basically telling us things that most people have known for a while about WWE and the creative process.

Have seen comments that it's "sour grapes" from Dean/Moxley, can't believe people think that, pretty clear he is being incredibly honest here imo.

AEW is the best thing to happen to wrestling for a very long time, them giving WWE a TV-14 product to compete with that has good matches and good creative will be great for professional wrestling and will hopefully force Vince and WWE to start improving what has become a very stale and boring product.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Sounds like AEW has nothing to fear from WWE. Only thing that could bring down AEW is themselves.

I've posted this before and I'll post it again:

Vince McMahon is to the WWE what Al Davis was to the Raiders. Successful back in the day, a legend in the business, a true renegade, but now he's running it into the ground and only the hardcore fans and WWE alumni are sticking around. He is doing some serious damage to the brand that it might take decades to recover.

Eh. Al Davis wasn't that bad in the end. Could be worse!

gettyimages-450238623.jpg

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Renee will be fine, she has options, they don't really have any leverage on her.

Honestly no different then the million "creative sucks and Vince is crazy" shoots we heard but still interesting to hear.

The biggest problem is this a PG show aimed for kids. Vince is literally writting a show aimed for kids. But we keep on trucking waiting for the golden nugget that pops up once in a blue. Jon wasn't cut for it and tons of others just don't mesh with PG.

I don't know if they plan on changing but now that talent has another home without a Hogan or Bischoff to fuck shit up. It can get very interesting.

It's a PG show for an audience of one and that's Vince. PG isn't the problem though, even with Moxley it's not the problem, WWE today rarely comes anywhere close to pushing the boundaries of what content can be allowed, wrestling has been PG for the vast majority of its existence.

Dave Batista's return in 2014 was miserable due to creative according to him. And that is ALL Stephanie's puppet.

As for the Roman thing - you've had to hear Randy Orton use the Eddie's dead cheap heat before. It can't be any worse than that. The company, for years, called out and made fun of Vickie Guerrero's weight on live-tv. Are we really surprised by any of the McMahon family member's maturity level?
Stephanie hasn't been involved with creative since at least 2013 and everything still goes through Vince regardless. Unless it's the times Vince didn't give a shit about Smackdown and ignored it which is the times when it was far, far better than Raw.

The stock would collapse by like 50% I bet if Vince died right now. WWE has been by far as healthy and profitable over the last year than at any point in its history. It's not even close. The health of the company is tied to the health of Vince McMahon.
Only because Wall Street is completely ignorant of Vince and the product.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I actually wouldn't be all that surprised if AEW becomes just as advertiser friendly as WWE. I doubt it'll be that edgy.

The problem is that it is a new brand name so it'd be hard to convince established advertisers to jump on board. It'll take some serious time for that to happen.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
After hearing about how Vince thought that nothing wrong with that leukemia segment, I'm convinced that his mental health is not ok. This man cannot be allowed to run a such big company he needs to be removed from the position immediately. Instead of liking tweets passive aggressively, Hunter needs to take some real action and bring this issue to the investors and board of directors.
Vince is out of his mind but using that leukemia segment as proof? Come on, dude. He wanted to do a fucking incest storyline with his daughter for fucks sake, it's been clear for a long, long time that Vince has no morals whatsoever. It's probably why Vince and Trump get along so well.

They were handed gold when he turned on Seth and then they just made him into a weird germophobe.

It was impressively stupid, actually.
Gold? It was a trashy angle made by a trashy company and plenty of people saw through it.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Gold? It was a trashy angle made by a trashy company and plenty of people saw through it.
I was fine with Dean betraying Seth. It didn't become true trash until they started making Ambrose bring Roman's cancer into it.

Turning Dean on that night was a good surprise move that could have gone in a lot of different directions, they completely wasted all the intrigue and heat they had built up from it in record time.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
that's not a surprise. there is a pent up demand for good wrestling out there. those fans who stopped watching raw didn't just quit being wrestling fans altogether. i think if aew plays things right they will surprise people with how quickly it gets big. especially with named guys like jericho/moxley and maybe a punk and who knows else to draw them in.

and it's not 1997 anymore. the internet is a thing now and most people, even casual fans, will have quick access to these things and viral news/events/podcasts spreads fast. just look at the aew chants on raw. people are more aware of what an aew is then old people on here think.

the wwe isn't invincible and it's gonna go down the shitter real fast real soon.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
that's not a surprise. there is a pent up demand for good wrestling out there. those fans who stopped watching raw didn't just quit being wrestling fans altogether. i think if aew plays things right they will surprise people with how quickly it gets big. especially with named guys like jericho/moxley and maybe a punk and who knows else to draw them in.

and it's not 1997 anymore. the internet is a thing now and most people, even casual fans, will have quick access to these things and viral news/events/podcasts spreads fast. just look at the aew chants on raw. people are more aware of what an aew is then old people on here think.

the wwe isn't invincible and it's gonna go down the shitter real fast real soon.
WWE is going to be around for a long time no matter what happens, however i do think a lot of wrestling fans are going to be genuinely surprised by how well AEW does once it gets TV. I would not be surprised if the debut show will hit 1 million in ratings following the buzz All Out will likely get.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
WWE is going to be around for a long time no matter what happens, however i do think a lot of wrestling fans are going to be genuinely surprised by how well AEW does once it gets TV.
for sure, their tv contracts and saudi money dictates that. but that's all that's propping them up right now regardless of what they do right now. they could have had zero wrestling out there for 3 hours and it wouldn't matter. maybe when the advertisers make some noise and the network execs start making some noise about the ratings then something will happen.

but right now their live event numbers are going down the drain, just look at that becky lynch hard camera pic that gets posted often. and their viewership is just dwindling by the week. they're losing fans and not creating any new ones. and it's because they're an immoral, often bigoted/racist and terrible carny-ass company and more and more people are seeing that.

so you can see where this is going and some people on here and elsewhere are so wrapped up and invested in the product that they think that the wwe is gonna be this huge monopoly forever... that they're impervious to massive failure. and well, if you think that, you have a rough road ahead of you.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Listened to this at work today. Not as earth shattering as the Punk interview but a lot better in a few ways. Mox's Vince impressions had me cracking up.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Moxley is going to be huge. The interview with Jerhico made him instantly endearing and relatable to anyone who feels like they've been micromanaged to death by their boss.. He's going to be a superstar in AEW now that he has creative freedom.

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
Moxley on Talk is Jericho is the total opposite of Ambrose on the Stone Cold podcast.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like that WWE gave him what looks like one of the most amicable separations in a while, probably because they were hoping he would stay, and then he goes and buries them anyways lol.

I hope both he and AEW find success.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if his frustration is the reason he is so bad at the ring

Hope he suceedes, he seems like a nice guy

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's so Vince that the performers have absolutely no ability to influence their characters in any way. Like that won't just piss guys off more and more when you make them wear ridiculously stupid costumes and be one note trick shows to sell the higher card guys.

Last edited:

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I like that WWE gave him what looks like one of the most amicable separations in a while, probably because they were hoping he would stay, and then he goes and buries them anyways lol.

It only looked amicable on the surface level. Everything going on backstage tells you that they were still basically trying their best to bury him without getting fan outrage.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
So...Sean Ross Sapp (SRS) from Fightful did a podcast today and I'm listening to the parts about the Moxley podcast with Jericho.

He's spoken to several wrestlers about this podcast in WWE. One wrestler was quoted as saying:

"This podcast is breaking my heart because it's verbatum how I feel. I'm at the part where physical nausea hits every Monday."

SRS then said, "Maybe you need a gas mask or a hazmat suit" as a joke.

Then the wrestler said "Glad it's out there, it won't change anything but I do get paid well every week."

SRS then brought up the CM Punk thing and the wrestler said, "Moxley is more respected as a more non-whiny bitch I think by the office. Punk had a tendency to complain, Ambrose did the work. I've never heard words spoken and felt like I did listening to that. He deserves the best. I thought I could make everything work but maybe I can't after listening to that."
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcMEJNaaJYk

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, paying him $500 for his final show was their last "fuck you."

yeah thanks for all the many years of hard work and service including being our top guy when Seth was injured, thanks for taking all those bumps and injuries including a life threatening staph infection, here is $500, the same we paid the jobber in the No Way Jose conga line, now get the fuck out of here and don't let the door hit you on the way out. what a fucking petty ass company.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2017

haha its so funny when you think about it. Love that he put this out there. Hope the WWE apologists listen to this.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
If they could remain anonymous, I wonder how many wrestlers on the roster would be saying the exact same thing Dean talked about?

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
10 years from today:

HOF Ceremony:

"Lets give a warm welcome to the 2029 HoF Inductees: The Shield!!!!!
ROMAN REIGNS
SETH ROLLINS
AND MITCH THE PLANT"

Djkhaled

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I got to the part about Jon Moxley talking about going to Vince's office about the promos and it boggles my mind that he would have to do that. Who's to say other wrestlers aren't having to do the same thing, get frustrated with dealing with Vince, just resign themselves to being employed by the WWE, and saying whatever a 70+ year old man who signs their checks tells them they need to say.

Part of me hopes that more like Sami Zayn namedropping AEW on Raw occurs except with more wrestlers calling out Vince directly.
..... This makes no sense. The AEW thing by Sami was scripted.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Confirms to me that Rock, Stone Cold, and Mankind got over because of Vince's desperation and self preservation. He gave them a platform to run with and do their thing for his out of an animal survival instinct. If WCW wasn't wiping the floor with him he would have been more controlling with those guys.

Also, I hope people stop with the lack of talent shit.

Vince is the problem. Has been, is, and always will be until he steps away.

Dean Ambrose was Vince's goofy, silly, high on candy and sugar drinks version of Jon Moxley. Ambrose got over and Vince didn't want him over so he turned him into "lunatic" Santino Austin.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
If they could remain anonymous, I wonder how many wrestlers on the roster would be saying the exact same thing Dean talked about?
Probably somewhere in the ballpark of 95-99% of the on-screen talent and creative personnel. Hell, even Triple H likes tweets citing that the main roster WWE product is creatively stunted and would be far better off without Vince's influence (before trying to make said "like" vanish into thin air).

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Man I remember this promo after Seth joined The Authority thinking that Dean was gonna shoot right to the moon as a top-tier badass face.

Man how wrong was I.

WWE just seems like the place these days where creativity goes to die. The freshest things coming out from them tend to be flickers in the night sky before quickly fizzling out and not mattering three-four weeks down the line. I mean I'm fully expecting Bray's push right now to last MAYBE two PPVs and not even make it to SummerSlam.

Good for Jon tho. This was long overdue and hopefully he finds some happiness now with AEW.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's amazing how WWE has been this way for decades. When I quit watching all wrestling back around 2003 it was the exact same shit, with some of the same names. You'd get Benoit/Angle/Guerrero/Jericho short title runs and then back to HHH, cue the shovel gif. I quit before Cena got big, but the humiliation and wasting of talent other than Vince's chosen few was always the way things were.

I am there day ONE for AEW.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bruh, working real life cancer into a storyline is an idea so awful even vince should not have gone there, and yet he did. What a pile of shit of a man

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
Bruh, working real life cancer into a storyline is an idea so awful even vince should not have gone there, and yet he did. What a pile of shit of a man

Austin was arrested for domestic abuse and had drinking problems back in the day. Shortly after they did a segment where he offed Stacey a beer, then gave her a Stone Cold Stunner when she didn't like it. It took ya'll a really long time to realise WWE was capable of low rent trash. A really, really long time.

Deleted member 225

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like AEW has nothing to fear from WWE. Only thing that could bring down AEW is themselves.

I've posted this before and I'll post it again:

Vince McMahon is to the WWE what Al Davis was to the Raiders. Successful back in the day, a legend in the business, a true renegade, but now he's running it into the ground and only the hardcore fans and WWE alumni are sticking around. He is doing some serious damage to the brand that it might take decades to recover.
Wtf don't bring me into this. Put some respect on my name.

It's kinda true though. If it's anything like that though don't expect WWE to get better once Vince passes.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I hate the WWE, I'm still holding off on jumping on the AEW train. They're already much better, but I hope they don't end up being pieces of shit as well.

Oct 27, 2017
Stephanie would be worse. Her genius idea for the finish of the women's triple threat match at Wrestlemania was to have all the women come down and applaud. They did it at the women's PPV and it's so cringey. Imagine that happening in the attitude era after Rock vs Austin. Kane and taker with the rest of the locker room applauding after the match. She also puts down everyone and just look at her promo with Dusty a few years ago to show how egotistical she is.

Apparently nobody listens to Shane on the creative side. He has ideas but they all get shut down, so when Shane can't get through to creative how the hell is anybody else going to. I can see Shane walking away again.

So Vince doesn't listen to Triple H or Shane, so who the fuck is putting all these ideas in his head?

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
PHOENIXZERO

I knew Stephanie was the one who kept hiring these Hollywood writers and not people who truly the business. I haven't kept up to date who's overseeing them since, but that's a major problem. I did see Bruce Pritchard went back there, although.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
"THIS IS GOOD SHIT!
IT'S SERIOUS AND WELL WRITTEN!"

Fucking slayed me. The only lunatic is Vince.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Well the owner is pro trump so they are similar to vince in that regard
While Tonys dad has given money to Trump previously, he has since come out against him as far as im aware so comparing the Khans to Vince who has Trump in how own hall of fame and a family picture after inauguration with Trump himself is a little disingenuous.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Well the owner is pro trump so they are similar to vince in that regard
I've yet to ever see evidence that Tony Khan at least is a Trump supporter. His father owns the company, but Tony is the one running it.

His father Shahid Khan, like most billionaire NFL team owners, was a greedy piece of shit and donated to the Trump campaign because a Republican in office means less taxes for his rich ass. After Trump followed through on all the racist shit he campaigned on, Shahid did a 180 on Trump and is against almost all of his policies. Definitely too little too late on that shit, but at least he's not 100 percent all in on Trump like Vince.