• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland

This is a pretty big deal, most people are probably aware of him for his Youtube channel. Where he frequently uploaded developmental material for the many, many, games he worked on.

Or his semi-official Sonic 3D Blast rom hack that fixes a lot of the games issues.

Edit: I wasn't aware of this when i initially made the thread, but apparently he was incredibly abusive to his employees.
There are all kinds of horror stories attributed to his time at TT. Like he'd sit next to the door as the games were closing and prevent people from leaving if he didn't think they'd done enough, despite multiple 12 hour days worked etc. He was an angry, arrogant dictator-like presence in the studio and is missed by nobody.
He's actually not been contributing to the company in any tangible form for years now, so I don't know what changed at this point, maybe it took this long for WB to remove him from the payroll.
Anyway, good riddance.
I'm not going to make a request to lock the thread, but do keep this in mind when discussing him.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
He always seemed passionate about whatever he worked on, I loved it.

Kind of wish Traveller's Tales got the chance to make more games before they started solely making Lego games. Crash Twinsanity was great and it stinks instead of keeping that formula they decided to go ahead and make two Mutants games. And while Sonic R and 3D Blast had their issues, they had a lot of charm to them in terms of their music and aesthetic. I honestly wish we could've seen another 3D Sonic from them.

Best of luck in his future endeavors.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
As much as I love the LEGO games TT makes, I could see how it would get boring as a developer. I don't blame him for wanting to do something new after so many years.

Minky

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Far as I can tell he hasn't been tangibly involved with TT's affairs for years now anyway.
Glad he's gone. He was an arsehole.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Won't go into detail myself but a couple of people on this Reddit post have it pretty much covered;
I joined a while after he'd physically left the studio but the overall gist of it is that he was the worst kind of boss.

Damn that's disappointing, I really like his Youtube channel. He tries to put Christianity related Easter eggs in his games only to treat the people around him like that? As usual it's those who proselytise the most who are the biggest hypocrites.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Damn that's disappointing, I really like his Youtube channel. He tries to put Christianity related Easter eggs in his games only to treat the people around him like that? As usual it's those who proselytise the most who are the biggest hypocrites.

I forgot about this, LEGO Dimensions had a sneaky one in binary no one realised was there until the public found it like 2 years later. It was subsequently removed.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 7373

I'm not surprised to hear he was a bad boss, just from his YouTube channel you get the feeling he ran his company like a gulag (he brings up at various times the extreme crunch).

OP
OP
Krvavi Abadas

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland

Minky

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Oh damn, that's really unfortunate. :(
I added it to the OP to warn people.
It is unfortunate yeah... Sorry, I don't want to spoil the vibe, I know people love his YouTube content and the insight he provides but those really don't tell the whole story. Felt like the other side of him needed to be talked about, he's gotten a free pass for way too long. But yeah thanks for adding it to the OP.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is unfortunate yeah... Sorry, I don't want to spoil the vibe, I know people love his YouTube content and the insight he provides but those really don't tell the whole story. Felt like the other side of him needed to be talked about, he's gotten a free pass for way too long. But yeah thanks for adding it to the OP.
Don't worry about spoiling the vibe. As disappointing as it is to find out about this, at least personally I'd rather know that he's an asshole than continue to praise his work not knowing about this stuff.