• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Antagonizing other users
People are already putting together online harassment "gangs" inspired by the movie. #JokerGang is one on Twitter. Won't be long until they move it to real life and start beating up people while wearing clown masks.
Lol

DramaByte, have you ever have anything positive to say in a non Disney thread?

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
People are already putting together online harassment "gangs" inspired by the movie. #JokerGang is one on Twitter. Won't be long until they move it to real life and start beating up people while wearing clown masks.
Based on a search of the hashtag it appears to be a handful of people hyped about the movie, Smash ultimate Joker players and a couple clown world weirdos using the tag. Seems like a whole bunch of nothing.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all do realize that Joker became a symbol of incel/alt-right culture in some circles, right?

It goes even deeper.

giphy.gif

We must remain vigilant.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Y'all do realize that Joker became a symbol of incel/alt-right culture in some circles, right?
he's a bad guy, bad people like bad guys.
Don't know why everyone is so mad about Joker doing well. DC returning to a state where they're outclassing other comic book movies does not mean we all have to stop enjoying our kiddie, dumb, turn-your-brain-off, assembly line Marvel movies. We can enjoy both.
The eTher

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I don't actually. It's something that I've seen repeated here, but nobody ever gives any sources when I ask about it. Though not that it would matter much. White supremacist group has also seen themselves as Batman the hero of Gotham, when counter protestors were dressed as clowns and were seen as the villain like Joker. But I'd be interested to read about how incels or alt-right (which one is it?) have embraced Joker as their symbol, if you can provide links.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Well it's a good thing MCU villains are usually so badly done the only thing they inspire is me going to the washrooms during their scenes.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017

We are #JOKER GANG.
We are Clowns.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.

qfg42p5csps21.jpg

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I hope this leads to big movies with a darker tone becoming a thing again. I like Comic book related stuff but generally dislike comic book movies becuase they're usually the opposite of the movies that I really like. But Joker looks like it could be really interesting
Oof. Something something so edgy. Something something edgelord.

But nah I totally agree. Hope this DC elseworlds line takes off and they focus on R rated stuff. Now that Fox is gone we need something to fill that void.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Was there this same kind of concern trolling around V for Vendetta inspiring Guy Fawkes mask-wearing 4channers too?

Well it's a good thing MCU villains are usually so badly done the only thing they inspire is me going to the washrooms during their scenes.
That's a lot of bathroom trips for one movie.

latex

Jul 5, 2018
90% of film Twitter didn't know what the golden Lion was two days ago.
I mean it's only the top award from the oldest film festival in the world and was the launching pad for Birdman, La La Land, The Shape of Water, and Roma. Pretty sure Venice films do better at the Oscars than selections from Cannes or Berlin.

hasan114

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
People creating panic and concern over a movie are enabling it to have a bigger impct than it would normally. This will be a fad for 10 days and will be taken over by something else.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I don't recall ever seeing concern trolling for a movie on this level before.

Movie critics actively participating in concern trolling is a first I think.
People wanted this to be shit/get panned really bad, for some reason. I don't buy the incel angle as Joker as the charismatic but deranged villain protagonist is not exactly a new concept.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
People creating panic and concern over a movie are enabling it to have a bigger impct than it would normally. This will be a fad for 10 days and will be taken over by something else.
In fairness, according to statistics Mad Titan attacks trying to commit genocide went up by 48% after the release of infinity war.

Deleted member 59245

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 15, 2019
California
"This film is going to cause mass hysteria" has been a common saying for decades and decades now. Like literally dozens of films over close to a century of filmmaking. You know how many films legitimately inspire mass hysteria? Zero.

I swear some of you on this board have no awareness about the world outside your own little bubble. At least read a damn Wikipedia page.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
And so? Joker is also a symbol of silly gamer rise up and mocking edgelord memes. Do you expect DC to kill off the character and never use him again because some bad people make use of him?

Frankly it's kind of annoying how MCU fans are trying to bring up a moral panic over a film just because they're mad at critics/award committees for not properly praising Kevin Feige and his films. Marvel doesn't deserve awards for simply existing. No one does. The billions of dollars they've earned at the BO should be enough for them and their fans.

Which is all funny considering it used to be DCEU fans who were the ones raging at critics a few years back.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
So does Era have a real issue with the joker being a legit good movie or what? Can't remember last time a movie got a thread for every new critic related media

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"This film is going to cause mass hysteria" has been a common saying for decades and decades now. Like literally dozens of films over close to a century of filmmaking. You know how many films legitimately inspire mass hysteria? Zero.

I swear some of you on this board have no awareness about the world outside your own little bubble. At least read a damn Wikipedia page.

The discussion around this film is fucking absurd.