• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
38rep_jokerchart_w.jpg

Those WB record numbers are fucking absurd

Not just R-rated movies (which is crazy)

Not just DC movies (which is ridiculous)

BUT ANY WARNER BROS MOVIE FROM THE LAST 100 YEARS

What does this say about our Society? Japan's Society?

Oct 26, 2017
No shit it's getting a sequel. Even though it doesn't need one, it's made way too much money to just stay as a standalone.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Lol. Curious if this announcement will have any impact on Jokers Oscar chances? Its whole pitch was that it was cinema vs all the endless franchise super hero sequels.

Phoenix seem's like a lock for best actor nom but I wonder if the movie as a whole will get dinged by the voters for a lack of "integrity".

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
With how much money it made I guess it was inevitable.

I'm really curious as to what the overall plan is regarding DC movies. Is everything separate now? Is Joaquin's Joker gonna show up in Matt Reeves Batman?

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I feel that this sequel really needs Batman, otherwise there is no point on doing it

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Todd Phillips is like one of the best gambler directors

He makes so much money off low bets

Dude made $75 million off the first Hangover and is about to be in charge of a whole DC movie label off a movie people on here were laughing at when jt was announced (where's the eat crow thread btw - those are only for Marvel movies.....)

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I thought Joaquin Phoenix did this movie explicitly because there'd be no sequel, or something like that.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If Phoenix wants to do a sequel, then that's what makes me think they'll knock it out of the park again.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Joaquin Phoenix did this movie explicitly because there'd be no sequel, or something like that.
I'd say initially yeah, but after doing the movie I guess he had such a great time he thought up other sequel ideas with Philips. They talked about a potential sequel while filming and during the press tour, before the film opened.

Phoenix was probably ok with joker being standalone and in its own universe. I.E. no extra franchise stuff to do besides MAYBE doing another joker.

Like a sequel to doctor strange was a forgone conclusion before the first movie came out. A sequel to joker wasn't, unless he wanted to do it. Hence why he likely turned strange down.

Aug 13, 2019
I'd prefer it if Todd Philips never touches another DC movie again. Joker is so shockingly shallow for all the shit Todd talked up before release.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Wouldn't be hard to make a more entertaining film.

Acting was good but the rest? Nah.

Won't be going to the theater for the next one.