• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wonderrade

The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
High tier likely, he struggles to get kills though. He reminds me of alot of smash 4 shiek

dont think hes top tier though

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
He's fine (not nearly as much, uh, in need of help as Piranha Plant is), but his weaknesses are extremely glaring, such as his low kill power without Arsene, lack of a kill throw (with no real way to get past shield, either), mediocre recovery, and no good out-of-shield options.

He's not anywhere close to OP.

High tier likely, he struggles to get kills though. He reminds me of alot of smash 4 shiek

dont think hes top tier though
Yeah, everyone's been making that comparison and it's pretty warranted. He's probably a better Sheik than Sheik lol.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Joker is weak without arcana and OP with arcana. Seems balanced to me

So random I had to laugh
Ahhh ok. Lol

I agree with your post btw. At first watching the direct it seemed like Joker just had a modified Limit, but the fact that he is actually a character that is super weak half the time and super strong half the time makes him really interesting and unique. I like characters like this, Cloud, Shulk, etc.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
He's absolutely nuts, got a KO at 0% with him

I've never seen a counter that KO's at 0%.
is it because joker is at like 98% or does his reflect really add that much damage to projectiles. I'd like to see someone lab that situation with say, marth
Just so everyone knows, Dedede has weird interactions with reflectors the moment he tosses out a Gordo. Any character with a reflector would have done what Joker did (although depending on how active/strong the reflector is, they could actually lose the exchange and have themselves get immediately KO'd instead).

dom

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love this character, he's ridiculously OP:

• His Neutral Special has great range, and also slows people down
  • His Side Special has lingering damage
  • His recovery is great
  • His Rebellion Meter literally fills up faster if you try to interrupt it
  • He has a Counter and a Reflect
  • With Arsene, his Smash attacks are ridiculously strong
  • With Arsene, his Side Special is even stronger
  • With Arsene, his recovery is even better
  • He gets two Final Smash hits—miss the first time, and you get a second attempt at trying to land a hit
What a ridiculously overpowered character lol. I hope they don't nerf him.
I'll wait a few more months to see how high level players do with him, but he seems to be very well balanced for now
hmmm....

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
What does direction B do? Where he poses and a blue flame surrounds him?

Remember that Ultimate has an in-game Help menu with moveset explanations and many other tips.

Rebel's Guard - Ren holds his mask, causing him to glow with blue fire. If he's hit while performing this move, he'll take reduced damage, as well as fill his Rebellion Gauge. If you hold down the button and release it after getting attacked, Ren will push his opponent back. When the gauge is filled, he will summon Arsene, who will boost the damage output and knockback of all of his moves.

DigitalT

Oct 27, 2017
Without Arsene he has a problem killing with any of his moves, so I wouldn't say he's overpowered.

Negator

Oct 25, 2017
Joker is nowhere near as oppressive as any of the top tiers in ultimate. He is solid though.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Arsene is overpowered but base Joker is super weak. His specials are almost useless without Arsene. His entire gimmick relies upon getting to Arsene mode without obtaining too much damage. And if he doesn't finish his opponent during Arsene mode, he's pretty much fucked. Because after that first Arsene, he's just a damaged weak unit that'll be knocked out before he can acquire enough damage to power up again.

Joker's best in short matches. You can even see this in the single player. His Classic Mode path is super easy (I'd say the easiest) but longer modes like Mod Smash are dead on arrival.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
I find online so far that most jokers get super cocky when entering powered up state and you can punish them pretty hard as long as you watch out for the counter

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
Remember that Ultimate has an in-game Help menu with moveset explanations and many other tips.

Rebel's Guard - Ren holds his mask, causing him to glow with blue fire. If he's hit while performing this move, he'll take reduced damage, as well as fill his Rebellion Gauge. If you hold down the button and release it after getting attacked, Ren will push his opponent back. When the gauge is filled, he will summon Arsene, who will boost the damage output and knockback of all of his moves.
Thank you.

Deleted member 30887

User requested account closure.
Banned
Nov 4, 2017