• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

EHv67uhVUAEDouh

le-joker.gif

EHv67ugUcAA3D7S

400.gif

It has surpassed The Dark Knight and Hobbit: The Unexpected Journey. Looks to be on track to passing Aquaman domestically becoming DCs 2nd highest domestic earner.

Last edited:

Fierro

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User Warned: Thread derail, trolling
A great movie and well deserving. None of that MCU or Star Wars crap.

Fierro

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Why you gotta do this?

Can't wait we just be happy without all this comparison bullshit?

Because 1 billion is an accomplishment that has been cheapened. To see a movie that doesn't cater to that same crowd and hit that mark with a totally different formula is nothing short of amazing.

OP
OP
Cpt-GargameL

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Havent seen it though really interested in it - anything Batman related - I am in!

Will likely wait for home release though since I dont really go out to the theaters that often.

Next movie I am going to be watching in the theaters will be Frozen 2 and/or Star Wars Episode 9 lol

(Last time I went to the theaters was for Captain Marvel earlier in the year)

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to Joker. So much for all the noise before the movie dropped. How long before the salt comes?

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Enjoyed it more than any MCU movie. As it stands, Logan and The Wolverine were also better than any MCU movie and both were Rated R as well.

Fierro

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
A movie about a comic book character doesn't cater to the crowd that enjoys watching movies about comic book characters?

It is rated R and has no super powers, or even about a superhero. Joker is nothing like like other movies based on comic book characters that have hit 1 billion. Did it even have CGI?

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Good flick, Phoenix is incredible.

Not made for Nazi Chinese government , no mass shootings. Good stuff.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cool beans.

It's a great movie. Phoenix's performance, the soundtrack and cinematography are fucking great.

It's also good that it didn't bomb because those pearl clutching "movie for incels" morons would be supa dupa smug.

Skyejack

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Well deserved. Looking forward to watching it again at home.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
This movie has got to be one of the biggest ROI's ever, crazy numbers on a modest budget

Glad to see something a bit more actor-driven break the ceiling, even if it was still technically a comic-book movie

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
Congrats Todd Phillips... surprised he had it in him to make a film of this caliber. Ive always associated him with making comedies.

Also commendable performance from Phoenix as well.