• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rereading part 5 (my favorite part) and just finished the Notorious B I G fight...

1. Forgot how awesome of a fight this is. It doesn't get as crazy as Grateful Dead/Beach Boy but it feels similar in the sense that the team has been mostly wiped out and the fight is taking place at fast speeds.
2. Forgot how awesome Spice Girl's intro is... In particular that she's a talking stand. It really was sweet the way she talks toTrish and tries to give her courage during that fight.

That which is soft is more unbreakable than any diamond!

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Rereading part 5 (my favorite part) and just finished the Notorious B I G fight...

1. Forgot how awesome of a fight this is. It doesn't get as crazy as Grateful Dead/Beach Boy but it feels similar in the sense that the team has been mostly wiped out and the fight is taking place at fast speeds.
2. Forgot how awesome Spice Girl's intro is... In particular that she's a talking stand. It really was sweet the way she talks toTrish and tries to give her courage during that fight.

She needed more fights... i really like how much Trish helps the gang in that half cause I was really expecting nothing and ended up with the sassyest stand of all

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Laughing at DTL thinking Fugo is going to make some big entrance later. Dude has two favorite characters in the part and they both die. Happened in part 3 with Kakyoin too, just can't catch a break lol.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fugo doesn't die.

And this shtick you guys have with DTL has got to stop. Seriously, get a new hobby.
That's true, but he just doesn't come back at all. It's kind of amazing that he ends up liking basically only the ones that die outside of Koichi or disappear like Fugo.

And as for the second part, DTL has done some really questionable shit before. I'm not going around antagonizing him or rubbing it in his face that his characters tend to die. It's fun seeing his absurd reactions like with Kaykoin he kept blaming the author for bad taste or whatever.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
ordered a custom phone cast from Skinit using the Gyro on the lookout in snow picture. came out looking pretty good.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017

I don't remember much about the fight, but I remember being kinda bothered by how it ended. Did I misunderstand something or did the stand's powers suddenly change rules?

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
This point on is why I love part 5. It already feels like the end of the road for me, but what happens is still a long road that you know is going to be paved with tragedies all the way to the conclusion. When Bruno has to face his condition when in Rome, it really felt like "damn, it's all over" to me.

Still 18 episodes right. It really doesn't feel that way to me in my mind. The fact that it goes on just makes everything so frantic, almost exhausting. I can't fathom Araki not taking pleasure in this at the time.

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Still curious about whether Sleeping Slaves gets broken up and inserted throughout the remaining episodes or if DavidPro means to keep it contained to one episode at the very end.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
<Ranting/feckless bleating on and on a bit here probably poorly>
Still 18 episodes right.
18 episodes left after the first Kira-centric arc of DiU is what we should've at least had, not 15! The second half had my favorite things save for the Yukako, ecological Jotaro, and Kira stuff in the first half. But, the anime put a bit more stock into the first half for whatever reason, so...idk
As a result I keep seeing
"OMG KOICHI'S THE MAIN CHARACTER!!!11! ARAKI MUST REALLY LIKE ONLY HIM HAHA LUL"
type of reactions. Sure, I love Koichi, but this is not at all the case for Araki

I'm sorry for not letting this inherent stanning go, but, man...I read Part 4 at what had felt like a pretty special time in my life after a serious depression seemed to turn itself on its own head, and I have never felt any better since before. And the more I learn about what it all meant to Araki on a personal level, the more poignant of a story I see resonating within my heart of hearts. And to see some peeps like, say, over on YouTube actually skipping out on it in favor for the next Part is sorta dispiriting for me.

How about I end it with this - Part V's cast does seem a tad more relatable on a basic, basic level but that just comes with the evolution of Araki's character writing beginning somewhere in the middle of Part 4 and then having apparent evidence with Part V.

Both Parts 4 & V got their fine dashes of subtleties which seem to go over one person's head or another's depending on which Part it is. Though, I suppose that could be fair since Part 4 seems to have more things in it pertaining to American pop culture and it makes sense as that did play into my realm of upbringing
Blehh, I don't feel like hitting the button now but I spent a bit of my time with this wall of text so...

*hits post reply*

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
You know I just realized entering the second half means where in the stretch with the most quoted by the japanese fanbase.

Vola Via
Wannabe!
Moshi Moshi!
Die you motherfucker!
The King is Me!
7 page Muda

This half is most of what makes this part iconic in japan

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
<Ranting/feckless bleating on and on a bit here probably poorly>

18 episodes left after the first Kira-centric arc of DiU is what we should've at least had, not 15! The second half had my favorite things save for the Yukako, ecological Jotaro, and Kira stuff in the first half. But, the anime put a bit more stock into the first half for whatever reason, so...idk
As a result I keep seeing
"OMG KOICHI'S THE MAIN CHARACTER!!!11! ARAKI MUST REALLY LIKE ONLY HIM HAHA LUL"
type of reactions. Sure, I love Koichi, but this is not at all the case for Araki

I'm sorry for not letting this inherent stanning go, but, man...I read Part 4 at what had felt like a pretty special time in my life after a serious depression seemed to turn itself on its own head, and I have never felt any better since before. And the more I learn about what it all meant to Araki on a personal level, the more poignant of a story I see resonating within my heart of hearts. And to see some peeps like, say, over on YouTube actually skipping out on it in favor for the next Part is sorta dispiriting for me.

How about I end it with this - Part V's cast does seem a tad more relatable on a basic, basic level but that just comes with the evolution of Araki's character writing beginning somewhere in the middle of Part 4 and then having apparent evidence with Part V.

Both Parts 4 & V got their fine dashes of subtleties which seem to go over one person's head or another's depending on which Part it is. Though, I suppose that could be fair since Part 4 seems to have more things in it pertaining to American pop culture and it makes sense as that did play into my realm of upbringing
Blehh, I don't feel like hitting the button now but I spent a bit of my time with this wall of text so...

*hits post reply*
I really like how, by making the series so different on each arc,you can get people resonating with different part like that, that's also why part discussion can be tiring, everyone will have that part with the themes and characters they liked the most...

The thing you said about part 4 is a bit about how I feel about part 5... I've read all that recently and I'm at a point in my life i just hit a slump, all the talk about determination, going forward, facing your fate and the themes the part deals with were just the push I needed to start turning around again, it's the golden wind shining on the path and guiding me through this , It's also why I like Giorno as a jojo so much despite everything, I wanna be someone like that, who can face a tough situation and find a way to bounce back and find the path forward that seemed lost. holy fuck this is cheesy af i'll hit the button then go hide my face somewhere later

I feel really blessed by how DP is handling this season, cause I feel like it really deserved all that attention it's getting, it's just beautiful and I love it, but I can imagine how a fan of part 4 would feel... I haven't read the manga but I know it had some similar issues that 5 had with th Duwang translations but the Anime also had some terrible midpoint where all character models looked off x_x. Despite all that, I feel like I should say, the first time I watched part 4, it was one of the best things i've ever seen, I loved the city, I loved the wacky themes and how everyone had a stand related to their professions/personalities, how morioh felt alive, and I barely felt tired bout the formula it had... and while I do agree Kira's arc should have more episodes(I only noticed the odd pacing on a rewatch) for a first time viewer that thing can still work its magic in wonderful ways...

Telling people to skip part 4 should be a crime. I use the Tonio epsode to grab people into the Jojo fandom.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I think my biggest issue with Annasui is that he's the most "why are you here?" Party member.

Cause it is clear that nobody in the group likes him.

And unlike Joshu who has the whole "they're family" thing going... they just keep letting him tag along despite the fact that nobody likes him.

Like with Weather its clear Jolyne, Hermes and FF like Weather. Sure, He's a weirdo but he's their weirdo.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
So anyone can kinda refresh me for what left for P5 Anime?

because the 18 eps count left kinda surprise me, feel like we closer to 13 eps to finish instead 18 from what I recall.

Ebrietas-

Mar 2, 2019
So anyone can kinda refresh me for what left for P5 Anime?

because the 18 eps count left kinda surprise me, feel like we closer to 13 eps to finish instead 18 from what I recall.

Clash&Talking Head(22-23)

Notorious BIG(24-25)

King Crimson vs Metallica(26-27-28)

Green Day&Oasis(29-30-31-32)

They called him Diavolo(33)

Chariot Requiem(34-35-36)

Gold Experience Requiem(37)

Sleeping Slaves+epilogue(38-39)

Final episode will most likely have some filler expanding on the epilogue since sleeping slaves is not long enough to be 2 episodes

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Clash&Talking Head(22-23)

Notorious BIG(24-25)

King Crimson vs Metallica(26-27-28)

Green Day&Oasis(29-30-31-32)

They called him Diavolo(33)

Chariot Requiem(34-35-36)

Gold Experience Requiem(37)

Sleeping Slaves+epilogue(38-39)

Final episode will most likely have some filler expanding on the epilogue since sleeping slaves is not long enough to be 2 episodes

One of those is an episode comprised completely of MUDA.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I've noticed that a lot of people are redrawing Bruno's smile - it has really resonated with people and not without reason as i legit think that scene is one of Part 5's best moments

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I've noticed that a lot of people are redrawing Bruno's smile - it has really resonated with people and not without reason as i legit think that scene is one of Part 5's best moments
Man, that frame is precious... whoever drew that is a genious D:

It's a very quick shot that says so much about Bruno... Specially when you know he told Narancia to gtfo the gang life initially ;(

Oct 25, 2017
Man, that frame is precious... whoever drew that is a genious D:

It's a very quick shot that says so much about Bruno... Specially when you know he told Narancia to gtfo the gang life initially ;(
Bruno just witnessed one of his kids grow up and make his first really hard decision. Even in a corpse body Bruno feels for his crew, probably Narancia the most because he knows how he feels. He's actually the only one Bruno talked out of joining the gang.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
18 episodes of seeing Bruno wither away, god this is going to be harder in anime form than the manga did for me

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Bruno just witnessed one of his kids grow up and make his first really hard decision. Even in a corpse body Bruno feels for his crew, probably Narancia the most because he knows how he feels. He's actually the only one Bruno talked out of joining the gang.
He's also witnessing the result of all his good deeds in life, he helped those kids in a way they'd be willying to die to help him, he wasn't alone, he did good, he's a proud mamma.

And Narancia grew up so much T-T
18 episodes of seeing Bruno wither away, god this is going to be harder in anime form than the manga did for me
I'm glad i read that third of the manga in one day, it still wrecked me, i think this is the most cruel destiny any Jojo character got :(

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
So, I just finished Part 6. First off, Jolyne is the best. Second, re: all the Dio sons when they all gravitated to Pucci... I know it was mentioned in the side note asking why Giorno didn't show up, but if he did, would he have been enough to stop all that from happening with GER? Third, Jolyne is the best. :)

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I am not ready to watch that :( Man, I love this 2nd half, but it's also gonna be so hard to watch. Already so close to the first death :(
I think Abbacchio's death gonna hit me harder than a certain FMA death just because of how the group reacted to it...I can't stand Narancia crying, he's too good and naïve TnT

I still wonder if Giorno never tried to heal abbacchio because of what happened to Bruno... Cause when he healed bruno the dude was clearly gone, but now that he knows what happen when you try reanimating the dead it's just a no-no
So, I just finished Part 6. First off, Jolyne is the best. Second, re: all the Dio sons when they all gravitated to Pucci... I know it was mentioned in the side note asking why Giorno didn't show up, but if he did, would he have been enough to stop all that from happening with GER? Third, Jolyne is the best. :)
Giorno would have finished that fight in one blow, I guess that's the reason Araki just forgot about him ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
He didn't show up but Araki said that Giorno might actually be in Florida. He just decided to sit this one out

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still wonder if Giorno never tried to heal abbacchio because of what happened to Bruno... Cause when he healed bruno the dude was clearly gone, but now that he knows what happen when you try reanimating the dead it's just a no-no
Also, Buccialati came back because of his supreme determination and willpower to continue the fight. Abbachio would have said "fuck it, it's a good day to die" and left anyway even if his body was ready to go back into.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Abbachio would have quite literally went « nah fuck that, bitch » ESPECIALLY if it's giorno reviving him

Peaced out clean

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
I think Abbacchio's death gonna hit me harder than a certain FMA death just because of how the group reacted to it...I can't stand Narancia crying, he's too good and naïve TnT

I reread Abbacchio's death last night, got so sad. I feel like it's gonna be worse in the anime. The sad music, the amazing voice acting, it's gonna hit hard. And yeah, Narancia's crying and freaking out is upsetting to read. It's also really sad to see Bruno trying so hard to hold it together but he's clearly not okay.

I almost wish I never read the manga so I could experience it for the first time animated. The punch from King Crimson onto Abbacchio I think is gonna end an episode, and it will be a major shock.

Oct 25, 2017
Also, Buccialati came back because of his supreme determination and willpower to continue the fight. Abbachio would have said "fuck it, it's a good day to die" and left anyway even if his body was ready to go back into.
Abbachio's soul would've gotten back into his body only to tell Giorno, "That's fucking bullshit, stop it, I'm dead, I wanna die! Let me fucking die!" and then immediately leave his body again.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
He wanted to take the bus back tho ;o;
But he would kill giorno for bringin him back lmao

I reread Abbacchio's death last night, got so sad. I feel like it's gonna be worse in the anime. The sad music, the amazing voice acting, it's gonna hit hard. And yeah, Narancia's crying and freaking out is upsetting to read. It's also really sad to see Bruno trying so hard to hold it together but he's clearly not okay.

I almost wish I never read the manga so I could experience it for the first time animated. The punch from King Crimson onto Abbacchio I think is gonna end an episode, and it will be a major shock.
Narancia's VA is just awesome, he's gonna break me down... I actually memorised the worlds Abbachio's buddy cop told him, it's one of those moments manga teaches you a lesson for life :/ it's a very precious chapter

I don't regret reading it, if i didn't someone woyld have spoiled that to me :p

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I was gonna make a post quoting the scene to get some cheap feels from people and ended up crying again
Karma is a bitch.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I was gonna make a post quoting the scene to get some cheap feels from people and ended up crying again
Karma is a bitch.

uc03HNk.gif

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
I was reading GER's wiki page and I am so (not) ready for the reactions to that lol.

I actually personally really like requiem stands. I wish there was more in the series other than GER and SCR, I find the concept super cool. Stab your stand with the arrow and whatever you need to happen most your stand gets that power (I like to think Bites the Dust is a requiem stand because it fits similar criteria, however Kira was hit by the arrow not Killer Queen, and it wasn't the requiem arrow, but it's still similar idea).

Although I figure requiem stands are just in general waayyy too OP, (like look at GER lol) so there just can't be more of them.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I was reading GER's wiki page and I am so (not) ready for the reactions to that lol.

I actually personally really like requiem stands. I wish there was more in the series other than GER and SCR, I find the concept super cool. Stab your stand with the arrow and whatever you need to happen most your stand gets that power (I like to think Bites the Dust is a requiem stand because it fits similar criteria, however Kira was hit by the arrow not Killer Queen, and it wasn't the requiem arrow, but it's still similar idea).

Although I figure requiem stands are just in general waayyy too OP, (like look at GER lol) so there just can't be more of them.
I believe Araki reset the universe because you can only do so much until people start asking where the hell was that one stand user that got a completely broken conterspell stand...Like, I loved the idea and the concept but that really made me salty about part 6's ending xD

As much as I love my baby GER it had to go away so Araki at least tries to fix the series' power balance...The later parts are so much better in that regard x_x

Oct 25, 2017
I believe Araki reset the universe because you can only do so much until people start asking where the hell was that one stand user that got a completely broken conterspell stand...Like, I loved the idea and the concept but that really made me salty about part 6's ending xD

As much as I love my baby GER it had to go away so Araki at least tries to fix the series' power balance...The later parts are so much better in that regard x_x
I get it, I just hope we go back one day, even if it's just for a non-canon movie that is batshit insane.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I get it, I just hope we go back one day, even if it's just for a non-canon movie that is batshit insane.
Try reading the novels, I heard Jorge Joestar is a crazy trip xDDD

Idk.. I really like the direction jojolion took, but then again, I'm a fan of HxH and everything like that gonna be good for me, I don't even know what else can that madman write, but he sure taught me how to like bullshit wins again LOL