• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my good god. The backstory arc for
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
near the end of Part 6 is so damn dark. I think I can see why people love Pucci so much as a villain.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Among my biggest disappointments in SBR is
Hidden content

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Part 6 has gone from good to amazing. This entire sequence is incredible. How on earth did Araki even come up with this (just saw the panel that you posted before with Underworld)

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Part 6 has gone from good to amazing. This entire sequence is incredible. How on earth did Araki even come up with this (just saw the panel that you posted before with Underworld)
Part 6 is when we've reached full 'Not even David Lynch could come up with this shit AND IT TAKES PLACE IN FLORIDA' leves of absurdity and it is awesome.
David Pro need to hurry up and announce the Part 5 anime so we can slowly but assuridly and non-spoilery hype up Part 6.

All in all Part 6 starts getting weird from the KISS arc onwards. Shit just keeps getting crazier and crazier. I used to not think too highly of Part 6 but once I sat down and considered all the ridiculous shit that happens in it, it shot up in my personal rankings.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
How Araki managed to get away with
Pucci/Weather's backstory in a Shonen Magazine is amazing
- consider the fact that Stone Ocean was coming out at the same time as Naruto

Oct 25, 2017
How Araki managed to get away with
Pucci/Weather's backstory in a Shonen Magazine is amazing
- consider the fact that Stone Ocean was coming out at the same time as Naruto
The perks of being a proven and successful mangaka in Shonen Jump. They let Togashi get away with some weird and sadistic stuff in the Hunter X Hunter Chimera Ant story arc too.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Frikkin' Dinosaurs
Show some RESPECT damnit!
iPO4t2v.jpg

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Finished part 5 and started part 6. I really wish we get an anime for all the parts

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
SBR 20-29
Still not really clicking with me. Can't believe Diego Brando might not be a person you should trust.

This must be peak names on clothing/teeth for the series.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
SBR 30-34
Ok, I'm with Caliph now after getting to Diego's backstory. His mother potentially died due to soup.

This is picking up now. Dinosaur fights, Dio throwing a rock at a horse, Hot pants out of nowhere, already have a time stand.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
SBR 30-34
Ok, I'm with Caliph now after getting to Diego's backstory. His mother potentially died due to soup.

This is picking up now. Dinosaur fights, Dio throwing a rock at a horse, Hot pants out of nowhere, already have a time stand.

Ahhh you're at Ringo.

Enjoy

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yes more people joining the church of Diego best Dio

And You're at True Man's world nice

I love how her being female is supposed to be a twist when she looks incredibly feminine I thought she already was

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
SBR might be my favorite part, though if Jojolion ends well it may overtake it. PT 8 will never have Funny Valentine, though...

CRQ

Oct 25, 2017
I love some of the encounters in SBR just because of the character development they provide for Johnny and Gyro. It's some really good shit, especially the Sugar Mountain encounter. I need to reread that, it's probably one of my favorite encounters in all of part 7 including the final battle.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Johnny and Gyro's amazing chemistry is the strongest driving force in SBR. It really establishes them as they become true bros, with Johnny starting as kind of a petulant shit and Gyro being kind of an aloof weirdo, to them relying on one another and helping each other grow as people.

Also they will both stone cold murder your ass.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Jonathan in part 1: Oh sorry about hitting you back there it was just an accident please on my honor as q gentleman accept my apology

Jonathan in SBR : I will murder everybody to beat you

Dio: I, Diio will have you for breakfast in front of your family and then eat them as well

Diego: I, Diego will beat you and pprobably kick you worthy opponents

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Rereading Part 7 I really liked the scene when Johnny was trying to kill Diego:
img000007.jpg

And Here's Gyro's Reaction to it

img000013.jpg

Shows that Gyro is a more moral person then Johnny and there's some lines he won't cross. He likes a fair fight

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I would love if Araki did a non-canon one-off where Upstanding Boy Scout Jonathan travels through time and witnesses the scumbaggery of his descendants and alt-universe parallels.

I want him to see young Joseph spying on Lisa Lisa. I want him to see Josuke yucking it up while Rohan's house burns down. I want him to see Giorno scamming Koichi.

I want him to witness his bloodline in action. :P

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
SBR 35-39
Yooooo. These Ringo/Gyro duels. Shooting the wristwatch.
200w.webp

Good stuff.

Hot Pants got the reveal that I was waiting for from Narancia all of part 5.

Dio's powers continue to be hilarious. Blackmore gives me Marry Poppin's vibes. And Lucy is only 14? Mr. Steel looks like he is at least in his 50s. This is troubling.

CRQ

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I wonder if it's okay for us to hint at future developments in JoJo parts that fellow members are reading.

But then you have totally real spoilers like killer balloon animals and "I used my bubbles to steal the friction from the floor"

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Spoilers for near the end of Part 6

Hidden content

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
I got into JoJo earlier this year through the fantastic anime, binged watched all the way up to Battle in Egypt but I need to finish the rest and move onto Part 4.
I don't mind the spoilers here, most of it got spoiled by friends/internet anyways.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
JoJo is hard to spoil anyway because it's either too hard to believe or the spoiler is pointless without context.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
SBR 40-44
This part is so good. Golden ratio/rectangle has probably surpassed mobius strip as my favorite explanation. Particularly because of the depiction of how the character learns it.

Johnny has quickly become one of my favorite Joestars. After seeing that tragic backstory it seems that part 1 dio had the right idea about taking out pets named Danny.

That A Silent Way betrayal. Then a semi betrayal afterwards.

Legendary Pizza song!

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
JoJolion 71
It was nice to get some more backstory about a main character and tie things back to Holly and her son. Poor Yasuho getting screwed up by a Rock insect, or whatever that was. Makes me wonder if the person who sold her the hair pin was also a rock human and just how many rock humans/animals there are hiding in plain sight. I still love that Ozone Baby is a LEGO replica stand, it's so silly.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at the Climax of Part 6.

Hidden content

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys think we got a clue of what happened to Kira mom

With the rock insect unless it's a stand is it possible the curse of the family is simply an evolution to rock humans
SBR 40-44
This part is so good. Golden ratio/rectangle has probably surpassed mobius strip as my favorite explanation. Particularly because of the depiction of how the character learns it.

Johnny has quickly become one of my favorite Joestars. After seeing that tragic backstory it seems that part 1 dio had the right idea about taking out pets named Danny.
!
Now you're getting
7 has probably both of my favorite protagonists and antagonist