• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who wins?

• The World

• King Crimson

Results are only viewable after voting.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is a bit tricky, and also dependent on the user of The World, because the right user can time stop for longer than 10 seconds, and if the time stop is triggered before the time skip is triggered, King Crimson's user is automatically up shit creek without a paddle. And even then, as broken as King Crimson's power is, it can't be used offensively when active, it's best used when responding to an incoming attack and moving in place to counter.

Now, if the fight was explicitly between Dio and Diavolo, Dio would win. Diavolo is excellent at surprise attacks, but unless he knows how to fight a vampire, he'll end up wasting his surprise move by making a hole in Dio's torso, and Dio would then proceed to wreck his shit before sucking his blood to regenerate.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Part 1: Phantom Blood isn't a high point of the series. It's also partly why it's so short in the anime adaption, being less than a single season of anime, making up only 9 of the first seasons 26 episodes.

Part 2 contains the other 17 episodes of the first season and is much more interesting, and tends to end up higher on peoples "part rankings" lists.

Part 3 is the bit where stands are introduced, and is a love it or hate it thing. My personal opinion is it goes on wayyy too long, lasting 48 episodes, a lot of which I think could be cut easily. If you don't like "monster of the week" type shows, you might struggle with this bit.

Parts 4/5 are shorter stories, with more involved villains that I like more than 3.

If you get in to a few episodes of Part 2 and still don't like the show much, I'd probably say drop it, because part 2 is pretty representative of the direction the show ends up taking whereas Phantom Blood is kind of it's own weird thing.
Thank you!

I'll keep watching, hopefully it will grow on me!

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
My main question is whether or not, assuming that epitaph can preempt The World, stopped time would still apply even during King Crimson obliterating time. Can things still interact with King Crimson during erased time?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
My main question is whether or not, assuming that epitaph can preempt The World, stopped time would still apply even during King Crimson obliterating time. Can things still interact with King Crimson during erased time?
That's actually one of the main reasons people say King Crimson doesn't make sense. In some scenes it's portrayed as still needing to dodge or even interacting with objects during skipped time (the later mainly in scenes that are outright skipped, with the viewer only getting the aftermatch, like when he faced Narancia), but in others it's even a plot point that it can't interact with the world during skipped time.

Either way, I assume Stopped Time would just seem like teleportation/burst of super speed from King Crimson's point of view. I don't think King Crimson interacting with the world or not would change anything in this case.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Whoever moves first

If either party does their job right the other person would be dead before they even got to move

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
That's actually one of the main reasons people say King Crimson doesn't make sense. In some scenes it's portrayed as still needing to dodge or even interacting with objects during skipped time (the later mainly in scenes that are outright skipped, with the viewer only getting the aftermatch, like when he faced Narancia), but in others it's even a plot point that it can't interact with the world during skipped time.

Either way, I assume Stopped Time would just seem like teleportation/burst of super speed from King Crimson's point of view. I don't think King Crimson interacting with the world or not would change anything in this case.

But if King Crimson can still interact with the outside world, and as a consequence people can still interact with him given why Diavolo needs to dodge certain stuff, wouldn't The World using its ability appear as quick or instantaneous movement that Diavolo might *not* be able to respond and react to? If he was unaffected, then a lot of things would be moot if he was essentially invisible in erased time, but this does not seem to be the case more often than not.

GER's deal is an entirely different situation, but it did punch the shit out of Diavolo even in the middle of him trying to erase time.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Kars wasn't beaten by Joseph. Kars was kicked off the planet by accident by Kars, and by Joseph's own admission he had no way to stop or even slightly slow Ultimate Kars down by that point. The manga and anime make no understatements about how he couldn't be hurt by anyone or anything else.
Yes he was.

Joespeh's relentless determination and trickery was bolstered by a spot of luck, but he still manufactured the moment that allowed that luck to launch Kars into space. In part through his sheer will, in part due to Kars' hubris.

That's the point, even of there's a character who has all the power, they can still be beaten.

Fights don't happen in vacuum, and many of the characters mentioned here could find a way to defeat an opponent like Kars by exploiting the weakness of their Hubris even if they are much more powerful.

Trying to strip all of this away is pointless, the entire point is that Kars was technically unbeatable, but he wasn't infallible.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Polnareff almost killed Diavolo by waiting for a time skip and immediately attacking before King Crimson could strike

The World could do the same thing, while having a way easier chance of succeeding thanks to timestop

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
But if King Crimson can still interact with the outside world, and as a consequence people can still interact with him given why Diavolo needs to dodge certain stuff, wouldn't The World using its ability appear as quick or instantaneous movement that Diavolo might *not* be able to respond and react to? If he was unaffected, then a lot of things would be moot if he was essentially invisible in erased time, but this does not seem to be the case more often than not.

Diavolo still would have Epitaph, so he'd see the aftermath of Dio's time stop and then could just move out of the way. Dio then would act like he originally intended to, but would hit nothing.

Now, if you go with King Crimson being able to interact physically during time skip, then Dio could set up traps like using time stop to throw a bunch of rocks at once without leaving space for Diavolo to dodge, but at the same time it would allow Diavolo to easily attack Dio if he got close. If King Crimson can't interact with anything during the time skip, then Diavolo would surpise Dio with time skip once early in the battle but he'd likely survive due to vampire powers and then it would come down to whether King Crimson can punch faster than Dio can activate Time Stop again.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If Kira manages to trigger any of the three Killer Queen bombs on Dio, would it kill him?

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
If Kira manages to trigger any of the three Killer Queen bombs on Dio, would it kill him?

Considering KQ destroys without a trace, and DIO doesn't seem to heal as fast (and requires blood) as Crazy Diamond can heal, i think he'd be fucked.

Of course thats only without using The World because we saw how much Jotaro wrecked Kira.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
KC was so bullshit that Araki gave Giorno an even more bullshit stand to beat him.

Then again The World was beaten by Jotaro also having the time stop powers because reasons.

Tough call.

Zeroth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Like folks said, it depends on how the stands interact. My gut feeling is that King Crimson would be able to see actions within the time stopped and since it is a full 10 seconds versus 8 seconds from The World, he could react in a way that would give Diavolo the edge.

That said, this is all conjecture. The battle could go either way given both characters are OP and this is Jojo

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I feel like King Crimson's never really limit-tested the way The World/Star Platinum is? Like, we know the exact range of The World, we know more or less how long it can last, and that it has some form of "cooldown" where the user has to "recharge" their time-stop "timer" before using it again.

King Crimson... it's probably noted in the Stand info page interstitials, but those limits aren't really apparent in actual use. I'm assuming it's short-range and I've heard 10 seconds thrown around as a timer, but how often can it be used? It honestly seems like he can just pop it off right after using it repeatedly, which is probably the ultimate decider here.

Basically, Epitaph foresees Dio will stop time, King Crimson erases the period of stopped time. There's now an opening where Dio can't immediately re-freeze time but King Crimson could potentially activate again, or even still be active, but it's hard to say based on not actually knowing that much about the limits.

Nov 17, 2017
The World loses because:
giphy_s.gif

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
It's a bit of a depends how you write it more than anything, because both powers are either the perfect counter or just null each other if triggered first.
I forget, can KC actually attack in the erased time? Because the World can in frozen time right? Or at least basically attack to where you are already dead.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
It comes down to if Epitaph can see what happens when DIO stops time & if King Crimson can negate said stopped time. If so, then Diavolo has a chance. But given that Polnareff almost killed Diavolo with a well-timed Silver Chariot slash right after time was skipped, I'd imagine that DIO would be equally clever about countering King Crimson. So I'm gonna go with DIO on this one.