• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cursed Mega Man Mask

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 6, 2018
Bandai Namco announced JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Last Survivor today, and according to Gematsu, it is a "Stand Battle Royale"

Link to their article:

https://gematsu.com/2018/12/jojos-bizarre-adventure-last-survivor-announced-for-arcades

This will release in Japanese Arcades in Summer 2019, and it will support up to 20 player matches, with characters ranging from Stardust Crusaders to Golden Wind. Players must utilize their stand power to be the last one standing, here is the teaser trailer.

https://youtu.be/74_QFBzorhE

This looks FUN.

Last edited:

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Link: https://gematsu.com/2018/12/jojos-bizarre-adventure-last-survivor-announced-for-arcades

G20Arvp.jpg

7vxYGA5.jpg

asVxfeT.jpg

ouj9eOM.jpg

ZdJ5CbE.jpg

OP
OP
Cursed Mega Man Mask

Cursed Mega Man Mask

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 6, 2018
Chances are this won't ever come to the west, this definitely won't be an american arcade game, and seeing that this would be too obsucure for consoles ( unless it was free or incredibly cheap ) i don't think it'll ever happen.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I never knew I needed this until I saw it. Watch me pick Ratt and snipe all of you poor close range stand users.

WRRRRYYYYYYYY

Oct 26, 2017
OOOOOOHHHHH MMMMMMMYYYY GGGGGOOOOOOODDDDDD

Okay, it's for arcades. but it could still come to consoles one day. Riiiight?

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
What a strange premise. And yeah, I don't see any way of this coming here in any form. I guess this'll just have to be a weird oddity for Jojo's fans to check out when visiting Japan.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Should've called it "Last Jojo Standing" hurhurhur

Boy, hmmmm.....only going on Parts 3, 4, & 5 is rather weird (I get it's going on the anime considering it's part of the title) & I don't know if this is the direction I was thinking of. Wonder if it'll get ported to console.

I do wonder if this is what Jotaro &/or Dio will look like in Jump Force considering all the characters look like they got hit by the "wut if this anime character was remade realisticly in Unreal Engine"

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Using esoteric Stand abilities to win battles of wit was always the ideal i would have wanted out of a jojo fighting game. With this more open style i could see some chaotic and fun nonsense happening. The models are okay for what this is, cyberconnect can't seem to bring the gameplay to make their games fun to play when it comes to their jojo games. Grateful for the art and soundclips but not about that gameplay.

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, think about it for a second.

A JoJo battle royale game has a lot of potential. Sneaking and stealth tactics work well with JoJo.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I just realized that this will be the first JoJo game since Unshō Ishizuka's passing. Damn..... ;_;

On-topic, it's been a while since the last JoJo game. I wonder if this will hit consoles.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, the idea of a battle royale set in Morioh where some kind of Stand power is forcing everyone into a shrinking circle is... actually kind of really fitting for JoJo's.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting premise but needs a huge roster to support it. Be lame if you see repeats often.

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
JoJo battle royale game? That's.... certainly something.
I need it.

Screenshots look cool, especially the character select screen. Whew.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
So fucking wack. Bandai Namco is dicking around with this series for real

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well that's . . .odd.

No part 6 or 7 stands sucks but I guess they arent animated so most people wont recognize them.

Laser Ramon

Oct 28, 2017
I want real crazy abilities. Not just shooting or punching. I DON'T CARE IF IT'S HARD TO BALANCE.

Let me turn my opponents into babies.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone please explain to me why this Jojo show became so popular? It has gotten to the point where I'm actively annoyed whenever it pops up.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
The question is how many "new" characters will there be considering they had a ton in Eyes of Heaven, which basically had the All-Star Battle cast + more, but if it's just only 3 Parts, will they try to fill in the roster with previously unplayable characters from said parts.