• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketjay

Apr 30, 2018
User Banned (3 Days): Misogynistic Rhetoric
The tweet I have linked is trying to debunk myths surroundung the trial, not the Deep defense itself, but more what people can have believed or said about. On a forum originally openend by people fleeing lies of a male abuser, I thought it could resonate because of the unusual context surround it, like torrents of organised and funded mysogny pilling up on it. But apprently no, so sorry to have interrupted your deliberates dear judges lol
Why don't you Debunk some Bitches instead.

Jun 17, 2019
That's great, thanks, I was looking back for your post. a very useful resource!

Maybe they think exaggerating things will make it more believable, just like in AH testimony 😅

Your very welcome! 😄

Yeah it reminds me a lot of how some people who are use this tact with like Rittenhouse. "He has hundreds of people see him run away scared."

Seriously are they really using Ben Shapiro style tactics?

Jun 17, 2019
One thing that's been really confusing to me in this case is all the evidence submitted. Is there a full list of pieces of evidence from either side have been submitted and "verified" with data? (e.g. photos confirmed to have been taken at the time and place stated and not tampered with)

I saw some articles from last November stating JD's team got permission to access AH's phone from that time period since the photos they were given could not be verified, but it's not clear to me what came of this.

For reference, I have been following along the trial but haven't watched the whole thing. And seeing all these images thrown around online or in articles, it's hard for me to tell which are part of evidence and/or have been verified

Here, its called yhe Depp dive. Has everything from the trial both State and UK.

Depp Dive - Main page

Private Homepage

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Literally cant find a single tweet or video of it without some sexist or clickbait garbage attached to it, but it looks like Amber was writing nothing at some parts. Her pen is off the paper and shes making the movements of writing. So maybe mystery solved for some parts, she actually wasnt writing notes.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Literally cant find a single tweet or video of it without some sexist or clickbait garbage attached to it, but it looks like Amber was writing nothing at some parts. He pen is off the paper and shes making the movements of writing. So maybe mystery solved for some parts, she actually wasnt writing notes.

So what, it was some BS psychological warfare to make JD and his lawyers nervous or something?

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
eh, this is probably the least offensive tweet I can find of it. Theres a longer video out there where you can even see the attorney sitting to her right shake his head and watch her write nothing

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
eh, this is probably the least offensive tweet I can find of it. Theres a longer video out there where you can even see the attorney sitting to her right shake his head and watch her write nothing

I think it's the same reason she was wearing fashion glasses at one point. To look smart, cool, and collected as if she is the objective one in the trial.

But knowing it's all smoke and mirrors just makes her seem more insane and psychopathic.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Everything Amber did was an attempt to influence perception of the jury. The fake over acting, crocodile tears, constant talking directly to them and emoting at them.

It was the only tool she had.
I think it's the same reason she was wearing fashion glasses at one point. To look smart, cool, and collected as if she is the objective one in the trial.

But knowing it's all smoke and mirrors just makes her seem more insane and psychopathic.
The note-taking schtick began pretty shortly after Elaine criticized Depp's sketching & eating candy and looking down during the trial. Following her pattern of everything else, you're both right. It was just another performative action to manipulate the audience.

Oct 30, 2017
I really wouldn't pay much heed to the "she wasn't actually writing" crap floating around.

All the"evidence" is zoomed poorly exposed secondhand photos. The angle, poor exposure (the paper is way blown out), and fact they're examining already highly compressed images just makes it impossible to tell.

This is peak "bitch eating crackers".

Dever

Dec 25, 2019

Some people were saying the video is too blurry to see any writing. I would agree, but it does look like the pen is hovering above the paper at points when she's "writing". I wouldn't be surprised if her attorneys told her to do that (take notes) to look engaged in the trial.

idonteven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
not to be a tinfoil hat but the NOT zoomed in version of that shows her own lawyer being like wtf is she doing

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
So after all of this is said and done what are the career prospects of both?

Is it safe to assume that Heard is pretty much done and what about Depp any road to redemption or is he also over and out?

Samurai_Heart

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even sure it has been mentioned in this thread. Hoeg's got a history of some bad anti-trans shit, shouting out GAF and Moriarty and being pretty pro-Gamergate, as well as talking a lot about shit he apparently has no clue about. He's not one of the good guys.
Is this why they no longer support Easy Allies?

Is it safe to assume that Heard is pretty much done and what about Depp any road to redemption or is he also done and dusted?

Think Depp might be ok(?)

Oct 30, 2017

Is it safe to assume that Heard is pretty much done and what about Depp any road to redemption or is he also over and out?

Chuck this baggage on top of the fact she's actually a pretty bad actress, and has burnt bridges with WB who clearly don't think much of her, and AH is pretty much done in big budget stuff. She'll get gigs still for sure, but lower budget and likely smaller outfits to use her being there as publicity.

JD... Not sure. They'll not build him into franchises now though, whatever the result of this.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Depp I feel will get offered roles left and right after this. The latest being some buzz regarding Beetlejuice 2 but idk how it's gonna play out.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I think it's fair to say they both won't have the career they once had regardless of the outcome. Amber showed she's a bad actress at best if it doesn't already prove she's a full blown psycho. And that's after WB was less than impressed by her with Aquaman. And whatever you might think of Depp there are apparently - and bafflingly - many mainstream media sources that fully believe he's a 'wife beater'. He might get some more parts after this trial but he'll forever carry the weight of the accusations and that's probably too heavy of a burden for studios to build big franchises and movies around him.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Dunno if it has been posted, there are 33 points here so do not expect reading this in one take.

I like how the very first point that person makes is wrong LMAO. The other great one is that it says Amber altering her photos is a myth because thats ridiculous... except its been shown in the trial she edited at least 1 lol.

Last edited:

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
oh i thought he couldn't play anymore after his finger got fucked

I think during the trial he was talking about how close he came to losing enough of his finger to affect his guitar playing. After they accused him of cutting it off himself he responded with something like "why would I ever do something so stupid as to risk losing my ability to play, when guitar has always been my love".

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Is this why they no longer support Easy Allies?

Think Depp might be ok(?)

To be honest, this seems like a massively honest reaction. All the stuff he has gone through and now this case. Having to explain in detail everything that happened. Finally standing up and speaking the truth, must have been liberating for him. If I went through something similar, the mental freedom I would get from finally letting it all go, would be hard to explain.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
There's a ton of evidence they need to sift through. The recordings alone will take days to listen to and discuss, considering all we've heard are selected snippets, while they have the entire recordings in evidence.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
Camilla Läckberg, a Swedish author, wrote in support of Johnny, after quote "watching every second of this trial".

Adding her voice to this is a pretty huge win for Johnny, especially in Sweden where the media have grossly misrepresented the facts.

As I've said before, the truth can't be obfuscated forever.

The more people watch the trial, the more people will come to the same conclusion.

For those of us who've watched it, it's immediately evident when you lie about/obfuscate the truth.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Hey guys, since we are back to conspiracy theories and tinfoil hats, did you know that Amber sniffed cocaine in court? /s
We really really really don't need this shit here.

There is so much evidence, that if you start using this shit, you will just give Amber's supporters more excuses to say that she is being a victim of online harassment.

I like how the very first point that person makes is wrong LMAO. The other great one is that it says Amber altering her photos is a myth because thats ridiculous... except its been shown in the trial she edited at least 1 lol.
I asked him how he knew that what that person said was true and he never answered

This proves WITHOUT A DOUBT he is guilty!

Having fun after 6 weeks of a Trial...I bet you Amber isn't smiling right now after her SUFFERING!
"Johnny Depp isn't the perfect victim and that is ok"
mwhahahaha

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
The thing I don't get is that makeup artist who testified to covering up bruises...

Was she just lying?

Like, I can't just assume she was lying that seems too egregious to me...

Edit: her testimony was literally the only part of the trial that made me go 🤔

Edit 2: in case this posts raises eyebrows I'm firmly in camp Depp after watching the entire trial - it's just this one testimony that confused me and I'm curious what others thought about it is all.
Apparently you can just dismiss that first-hand contemporaneous evidence based on Heard's courtroom demeanor…

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia

Both are pretty much done when it comes to big blockbusters movies. Despite everything that's happened Depp's name is stained and no amount of evidence will convince people (and the media) to change their minds. Studios just won't take that risk and he's too old anyway for a resurgence anyway.

Thing is I don't think Depp really cares. He's made his money and he seems perfectly happy with his music.

Heard though? There's no way her ego can handle the downgrade.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
The thing I don't get is that makeup artist who testified to covering up bruises...

Was she just lying?

Edit 2: in case this posts raises eyebrows I'm firmly in camp Depp after watching the entire trial - it's just this one testimony that confused me and I'm curious what others thought about it is all.
So hear me out

If someone would tell me Depp did hit her once, or pushed her away into something, or threw (figurative) shit, or whatever, likely as a response to something Heard did before, I wouldn't immediately disregard it. Did Depp grab her hard on the arms to make her stop doing whatever she did, and she retained bruises from that? Absolutely imaginable. At some point, I can imagine something has to make the barrel overflow and there is a reaction (see: that Mortal Kombat tournament with Depp vs the living room furniture). Can I also imagine Heard making sure to have this potential one instance handled as public as possible? Absolutely.

I have no idea IF any of this ever happened, of course, but to me it would make sense also in regards to the makeup artist testifying.

But yeah, this is just one of many wild theories. I don'T have an answer to your question.

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017

Was she just lying?

Maybe she was covering up makeup from Amber Heard''s bruise kit?

There's definitely some evidence that's a bit iffy in the case. For instance, Depp had a black eye on a photo, but a photo taken the same day (or maybe it was the next day, I forget) didn't show it, and Depp said it was due to the different lighting, and I personally didn't find that super believable.

But I don't think it matters too much that there's some evidence which is difficult to make perfect sense of. The thing is that there's so much damning evidence against Heard where you can say with zero uncertainty she's lying, but when it comes to Depp, at worst you can say there's some evidence that doesn't line up properly.

Sarcastico

Oct 27, 2017
There's definitely some evidence that's a bit iffy in the case. For instance, Depp had a black eye on a photo, but a photo taken the same day (or maybe it was the next day, I forget) didn't show it, and Depp said it was due to the different lighting, and I personally didn't find that super believable.

If you're referring to the train incident then it's the other way around; AH's team were alleging that the bruise under his eye existed before he boarded the train where Depp said he got punched by AH.

Games

Oct 27, 2017
You misunderstood that piece of evidence. Heard's team showed another photo (with the kid) taken before the train ride, in which they say he also had the bruise, but Depp claimed it was just the lighting. There are other photos from that same shoot where he doesn't seem to have the mark, but I can't find those now - I saw them in passing when they were first brought up. I'm also not entirely sure claiming he had the bruise before he got on the train is gotcha moment they were hoping for anyway, considering she has admitted to hitting him multiple times.

The other train photo was the exact same picture as the one Depp's security submitted, but it had obviously been heavily touched up for the company's website. Depp's team also showed a picture taken after the train ride where he still had the bruise.

Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if a little more went on from Depp's side than he was willing to admit, but I don't expect a victim of abuse to be perfect in every single way when they suffer through violence for so long, and I don't think faking pictures is one of those things.

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
If you're referring to the train incident then it's the other way around; AH's team were alleging that the bruise under his eye existed before he boarded the train where Depp said he got punched by AH.

You misunderstood that piece of evidence. Heard's team showed another photo (with the kid) taken before the train ride, in which they say he also had the bruise, but Depp claimed it was just the lighting. There are other photos from that same shoot where he doesn't seem to have the mark, but I can't find those now - I saw them in passing when they were first brought up. I'm also not entirely sure claiming he had the bruise before he got on the train is gotcha moment they were hoping for anyway, considering she has admitted to hitting him multiple times.

The other train photo was the exact same picture as the one Depp's security submitted, but it had obviously been heavily touched up for the company's website. Depp's team also showed a picture taken after the train ride where he still had the bruise.

Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if a little more went on from Depp's side than he was willing to admit, but I don't expect a victim of abuse to be perfect in every single way when they suffer through violence for so long, and I don't think faking pictures is one of those things.

Thanks for the clarification. I've tried to follow the case closely, but there's so much stuff to keep track of.

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
There are other photos from that same shoot where he doesn't seem to have the mark, but I can't find those now - I saw them in passing when they were first brought up.
Isn't it this one? I swear the one in evidence was black and white?

johnny-depp-three-rectangles-tattoo.jpg

Games

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't it this one? I swear the one in evidence was black and white?

johnny-depp-three-rectangles-tattoo.jpg
Yes, I guess that's one of the ones Heard's team conveniently omitted. I saw a few more at the time, so I can't be sure if that was one of them. As I said, even if the bruise is there, then I'm not entirely sure how that proves she did nothing on the train. If anything, doesn't it end up looking worse for her that he had multiple marks on his face?

The black and white picture you're thinking of might be this, which shows the mark Heard claims was photoshopped.

Lucky Aces

Banned
Dec 7, 2020
My only question for JD's lawyers is why did it take so long for them to acknowledge AH's constant pleading and talking to the jury every time she was on the stand?

Literally every time she talked, she was always looking at the jury. Is that allowed now?

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
The black and white picture you're thinking of might be this, which shows the mark Heard claims was photoshopped.

Nope, I'm just going crazy. I did think the baby one was black and white but having checked it it's not.

I have to say though, the ones in evidence look like the contrast has been wacked up and then desaturated.

depp.jpg

Last edited:

The Big Short

Oct 29, 2017
My only question for JD's lawyers is why did it take so long for them to acknowledge AH's constant pleading and talking to the jury every time she was on the stand?

Literally every time she talked, she was always looking at the jury. Is that allowed now?
It is definitely allowed and is encouraged by a lot of lawyers.
www.wagnerlaw.com

Your Attorney or the Jury: Who to Talk to on the Stand

Your attorney is asking you questions, but the jury needs to understand the answers. Who should you talk to while you're testifying?

The importance of eye contact

A constant stare down like what she was giving might be uncomfortable for the jury, though, and can definitely backfire.

Lucky Aces

Banned
Dec 7, 2020
It is definitely allowed and is encouraged by a lot of lawyers.
www.wagnerlaw.com

Your Attorney or the Jury: Who to Talk to on the Stand

Your attorney is asking you questions, but the jury needs to understand the answers. Who should you talk to while you're testifying?

The importance of eye contact

A constant stare down like what she was giving might be uncomfortable for the jury, though, and can definitely backfire.

Oh wow it really is allowed? I would have thought that's grounds for manipulating the courts. Ah well. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Duncarin

Apr 1, 2019

Was she just lying?

i haven't fact checked it but i'm pretty sure the makeup artist said that the damage to Heards face looked like it came from a "light headbutt".

I don't know how the timeline stacks up but Depp did say he headbutted Heard during a struggle?

Status
Not open for further replies.