• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Just tuned in and at first glance, I thought she was Emmy Rossum and was like what ?

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Whitney claimed Johnny grabbed Amber's hair and held it while punching her in the face. Was this after the finger incident when he was wearing a cast? I thought previous testimony mentioned a cast during the staircase time.

Stuff like this is why narcissistic fucking assholes will always crumble under grown adults grilling them with reality and receipts. Someone grabs your hair and repeatedly punches you in the face - rings or no rings - you're going to the fucking hospital absolutely busted up. They just can't help ratcheting the story up and adding their own flavor and increasing the drama. So sure in their own bullshit lies they never stop to think that instead of making them more sympathetic as victims it's just crushing any sense of good faith or truthfulness they may have.

I know this playbook so fucking well. Shine a light on the roaches and it's all over. She has no idea the advantage hiding behind Depp's privacy and money and shame and everything else was doing for her - but once again a fucking narcissistic asshole can't help themselves - had to write an op-ed and try to "get something" out of it, no doubt convinced in her sick fuckin head she deserves all of it and more.

I hope this completely ruins her moving forward.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
I'm watching the Law and Crime broadcast and I have to say I understand the Heard defenders better now. As someone who has been in situations where I was deeply scared due to past trauma, potentially misinterpreting intent, seeing all these people call Marz a liar in chat makes me want to be defensive, because I can wholly relate to that feeling. And yet it's abundantly clear how shit Amber is. It's such a weird feeling because of the dichotomy of the two. These emotions are spot on, but they don't override actual evidence.
As I said to another user yesterday, when Amber was talking about sex abuse, I was in shock thinking
"If just 1% of this was true then this woman went through hell and he deserves to be in prison, no matter what she did"
any person who has no idea of what evidence was shown in the tribunal would be in that position
BUT then Camille was able to deconstruct Amber's testimony making it evident that there is not a single photo or piece of evidence to prove the level of violence reported.
And to make matters worse, when asked where such evidence would be, Amber said that she had it but that her lawyers didn't show it (???).
That is why it is very important that this trial is being aired/streamed.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I really have no idea how people remember things that happened years ago. I just about remember what I had for lunch on Monday.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
I really have no idea how people remember things that happened years ago. I just about remember what I had for lunch on Monday.
I have trouble with that too. Like people asking "were you in front of him, or behind him, or his right side?" or "how were the people gathered around the campfire?". My god, I don't know, I could never remember that. I'm even thinking about a campfire I was years ago trying to remember, and I don't even recall all the people that were there with me, let alone their placement. I'd be a terrible witness in a trial.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I have trouble with that too. Like people asking "were you in front of him, or behind him, or his right side?" or "how were the people gathered around the campfire?". My god, I don't know, I could never remember that. I'm even thinking about a campfire I was years ago trying to remember, and I don't even recall all the people that were there with me, let alone their placement. I'd be a terrible witness in a trial.
The whole, "Do you remember this bed?" I can remember layouts of Goldeneye levels but not exact things in someone's house from 5+ years ago.

Wolfapo

Dec 27, 2017
It depends really. If something extraordinary happens, you remember it way easier.
Stuff like lunch or what you did wear, like daily things is just a blur.

You know, I remember exactly when I got my cancer diagnosis and the room I was in, but I have no idea what kind of clothing I or my parents/doctor wore.

You probably will remember when you broke a leg or something, but what kind of lunch you had this day, or what you wore, you probably do not know.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Well, in truth, witness testimony might as well be considered useless. Even when witnesses aren't lying the chances of their memories being partially or entirely false are pretty damn high. Human memory is absolute garbage.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It depends really. If something extraordinary happens, you remember it way easier.
Stuff like lunch or what you did wear, like daily things is just a blur.

You know, I remember exactly when I got my cancer diagnosis and the room I was in, but I have no idea what kind of clothing I or my parents/doctor wore.

You probably will remember when you broke a leg or something, but what kind of lunch you had this day, or what you wore, you probably do not know.
Agreed. Super important things are vivid. The general stuff I would never remember. I am attentive but some stuff just never sticks with me haha.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
This witness (Melanie Inglessis) just confirmed that Samantha was already there with Amber.

If you are unaware, Samantha was Amber's stylist who stated that she did not see any visible marks, cuts or bruises on the night of the James Corden Show. Heard's team tried to refute this by saying that the reason that Samantha did not see these marks, cuts and bruises was because Amber was already wearing makeup.

Source: https://deadline.com/2020/07/johnny-depp-libel-trial-stylist-statement-amber-heard-1202985371/

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia

People who have experienced genuine trauma tend to remember all the details. That stuff gets burned into your memory.

It's the same as why people tend to not have memories of very early childhood, except for when they experienced bad things happening.

The fact that AH keeps saying she doesn't recall, it's very telling IMO.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
People who have experienced genuine trauma tend to remember all the details. That stuff gets burned into your memory.

It's the same as why people tend to not have memories of very early childhood, except for when they experienced bad things happening.

The fact that AH keeps saying she doesn't recall, it's very telling IMO.
This isn't necessarily true. We know very little about memory and how it intersects with trauma, there isn't a lot of consensus. Testimony based on memory is notoriously unreliable, and is often cited as a contributing factor in wrongful convictions.

Tekniqs

Oct 26, 2017
Fun fact:
in general, when a person is trying to remember some event or facts they tend to look at some specific point or area. You can ask basic questions such as the name of a childhood friend, the name of the school where they went to, and determine where the person looks at this moment. Once you establish the direction of the eyes, you can ask other questions about past events and analyze whether they are looking at that location when trying to answer.

www.youtube.com

Ocean's 11: Rusty Explains the Art of Conversation

Rusty Ryan (Brad Pitt) explains the rules of undercover conversation to Linus (Matt Damon).From: Ocean's Eleven (2001)

Grenchel

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't necessarily true. We know very little about memory and how it intersects with trauma, there isn't a lot of consensus. Testimony based on memory is notoriously unreliable, and is often cited as a contributing factor in wrongful convictions.

Yeah. Trauma effects people very differently. Some people are haunted by it daily, some have no memory, etc.

Lucky Aces

Banned
Dec 7, 2020
User Banned (1 Week): Inappropriate Joke
Anybody else find it kind of funny that Heard, especially yesterday, dressed up like Doctor Evil?

GreyFox

Oct 28, 2017
Her own witness telling another story about how JD cut his finger than AH herself. Ooopsie.

Overall, not the worst day for AH, though. A few solid witnesses, but still way too many inconsistencies in their testimonys. It's up to rebuttal and JD legal team to point these out afterwards.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
Yep, as per Ian Runkle (lawyer who has appeared on LegalBytes and Emily D. Baker's YouTube streams) has been attending the trial:

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Acting cry! That's what Photoshop and CGI is for.

I didn't just dream part where some publications went with photoshoped tears on AH, did I? That was something else...

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
I spend a lot of time wondering if everyone's lost the plot—if the erosion of empathy we see online has rendered us so inherently unkind as a species that there's no return. I don't want to despair for humanity. I want to believe that some of us are offline and mildly compassionate or compassionate in a way that doesn't get tweeted about—that you're all out there being nice to each other and I'm reporting on a tiny cluster of internet users with pitchforks.

Though I've felt myself veering toward it, I can no longer "both sides" this. It's time to draw a line. It's time to believe women—all women. It's time to believe Heard. The British courts believed Depp beat his ex-wife. What's stopping the rest of us?

this is bad logic. bad sense too.
Vogue published this:
www.vogue.com

Why It’s Time to Believe Amber Heard

The British courts believed Johnny Depp beat his ex-wife. What’s stopping the rest of us?
it's an opinion article in Vogue magazine.
just be careful of your informative sources. reading it for fluff is one thing, but to form an opinion is another.

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
Vogue published this:
www.vogue.com

The British courts believed Johnny Depp beat his ex-wife. What’s stopping the rest of us?
Though I've felt myself veering toward it, I can no longer "both sides" this. It's time to draw a line. It's time to believe women—all women. It's time to believe Heard. The British courts believed Depp beat his ex-wife. What's stopping the rest of us?

Thats it. That's literally all the article says. They've either not seen this case or are intentionally blinding their eyes.

Disgusting.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not, I've barely kept up with this, it's just what I heard

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta love how this thread is almost 100 pages long and we still get JAQ-offs coming in here and thinking they're slick.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Like I don't understand why anyone would enter a near 100+ place thread with a big disclaimer and go "I haven't paid attention at all to know the mountains of evidence that Depp was abused...but here's an extremely biased opinion article that was published or tweet so it must be true!".

Edit: lol I made it 100 pages

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Isn't Depp abusive too?
Hello dear user Dragon SJG
This is a 99 pages thread that deals with the subject of Domestic Violence, many male members here who have experienced DV in their personal lives shared their histories, and every time someone comes here to question if JD is not also an abuser it offends them and their stories.
It would be really appreciated if you could take some time to read what was already discussed.

That said, there are a lot of pieces of evidence already discussed that paint a very clear picture that Amber Heard was the real abuser.

Posting AGAIN (part 2 isn't mine):
  1. Camille, JD lawyer, made Amber answer a series of questions about JD using his rings. Amber said he is always using them, and that they are very big...

Then Camille recalls that Amber said under oath that JD beat her face vigorously many, many times, that she lost count of how many times she was beaten in the face.

After this, Camille asked why in no photo Amber recorded after such events do the ring marks appear on Amber's face.

Camille asked why Amber had no photos showing such injuries consistent with the statements, and Amber said that she had photos of these injuries, which she gave to her lawyers, but they wouldn't show them.

Camille exhibited a series of photos showing inconsistencies in Amber's statements, where she says she was beaten, had her lip cut, and nose broken, yet hours later went to some event, attended a television show, went to a movie premiere, and showed no injuries.

Camille asked more questions about the accusation that JD used cocaine and Amber began to explain how it was used and said that her sister taught JD how to snort it without leaving marks on his nose.

Camille pointed out that the photo showing a table full of cocaine could be forged since JD was not at the scene.

Camille recalled that Amber had no problem recording photos of JD "passed out drunk" and not even when he was "aggressively slamming on the cabinets," so why when she recorded him using cocaine, did he not appear in the photo?

Amber said she did not have any marks or bruises in such photos because she used make-up and ice. Keep in mind that she described an extreme level of violence. At one point, after Camille showed in photo after photo that Amber's nose looked perfectly fine, Amber started saying that maybe it really wasn't broken. That she felt as if it was.

About the donation:

"For a moment Camille was rigidly stuck in "pledge vs donation", and Amber started to lie saying she never conclude because JD sued her and she needed the money.

Then the other lawyers gave a note to Camille, and she used that to remember to the court that there was a gap of 13 months between the moment Amber got the money and "pledge" the donation and the date JD filed the lawsuit against Amber.

That was amazing because it was a new lie being caught live. This is why I made jokes about the incredible healing factor and precognition that Amber showed in this courtroom."

2. "She's blaming her own nurse for getting it wrong in her reports.
    She's blaming her doctor for uncomplete medical reports.
    She's blaming her own lawyers for not bringing up all her "produced" evidence of broken noses and bruises into court.
    She's blaming her own lawyers for sharing photos with the media (People magazine).
    She's blaming JD's legal action for not being able to donate everything, though she had the money for 13 months before the action was even made.

She's literally throwing everyone under the bus. But sure, she's the victim and everyone has to believe her. No matter what. Unbelievable.

To continue based on yesterdays AH cross:

She's blaming all three police officers of basically doing their job wrong.
    She's blaming Ben King, house manager and witness under testimony, of lying.
    She's blaming Starling Jenkins, driver and witness under testimony, of lying.
    She's blaming the dogs for the poop show.
    She's blaming JDs legal team of photoshopping her evidence, though they're obviously the same pictures.
    She's blaming CV of making false accusations about AH injury photos, though one of the photos obviously was photoshopped by saturating it.
    She's blaming her lawyers and PR teams again (!) of getting out stuff to the media (TMZ etc.).

And then, after this whole shitshow of her on cross and re-direct she's blaming JD for being a liar.

No evidences. No rehabilitation on re-direct. Nothing. Instead leaving court disrespectfully in front of the jury and judge. What a disastrous day for AH this has been."

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Vogue published this:
www.vogue.com

The UK court case was a shambles, decided by a lie that the judge chose to believe. Aside from that, they didn't find that Depp was an abuser, they found that Heard's testimony gave the Sun newspaper enough of an out to be unable to be prosecuted for knowingly publishing false claims....in short, it was likely enough that it could have happened to give the newspaper libel protection.
Depp wasn't permitted to submit a lot of the evidence that countered Heard's claims, the judge simply took her word that she was donating all the money she'd got - so she wasn't gaining financially - and that was that. Vogue are wrong to frame it the way they did in that by-line.

We've since learned that Heard was lying regarding that donation, and the evidence Depp's lawyers has presented has very, VERY severely damaged the credibility of her accusations. The beatings she describes are not reflected in the photos her lawyers have shown, the testimony of police officers who arrived at the scene, and in video and photographic appearances in the days that followed those incidents.

T-800

Oct 30, 2017
I'm going to sound like a nut saying this but the main stream reporting of this case is legit making me angry. She didn't just defame him she also abused him. Not according to any of the reporting I hear though.

Status
Not open for further replies.