• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Love how Amber just stormed out of the court room after redirect ended, the lawyers covering this live are losing their shit over it.

1) She disobeyed the judge who ordered her to go sit next to her council until she finished with the jury instructions.
2) She didn't wait for the jury to walk out first.

They're saying that will hurt her case a lot.

How will it hurt her case? Contempt of court?

Sam Bridges

May 3, 2022
What was that tweet?

It was claiming that Depp's legal team submitted an "edited" photo, when it was just a screengrab of a picture and so had some minor color shift and moire patterns, but was otherwise identical especially in terms of the evidentiary value of the picture.

People are trying to claim that it's proof that Depp is lying and Amber is the real victim

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017

Here it be, first thing that came to my mind.

Perfection lol. Thanks!

Not officially, but they're saying the jury might just rule against her regardless of any technicalities in the law... and they say it happens more often than people think when the jury hates the defendant/plaintiff.

So essentially, the jury could read it as a temper tantrum and an insult to them, and thus be inclined to rule against her? Interesting. I'm curious if the jury has been reacting in a similar fashion to today's events as those of us here in the thread have.

V3N1X

Prophet of Truth
Oct 16, 2021
Alexandria, Egypt
So essentially, the jury could read it as a temper tantrum and an insult to them, and thus be inclined to rule against her? Interesting. I'm curious if the jury has been reacting in a similar fashion to today's events as those of us here in the thread have.

The DUI Guy is in the court room today as well, I'm sure we'll hear from him when today's proceedings are over.

Oct 30, 2017
It's not as if they'll just rule against her because she was being mean, but it certainly colors their opinion of her which will indirectly effect how they interpret the evidence for and against her during their deliberations.

BronzeWolf

Nov 3, 2017
Mexico
I am feeling bad about AH's lawyer.

Depp's team definitely in a good mood.

I let a tear down when Camille hugged JD. What a tour de force from her in saving this man's reputation. JD should be ever grateful for Camille's amazing preparation and performance. I am sure she and her team have dedicated hours just for yesterday and today's performance.

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
Love how Amber just stormed out of the court room after redirect ended, the lawyers covering this live are losing their shit over it.

LOL, I saw that and was confused as to why her lawyer would be sitting outside of the court room. Also thought it was strange the bailiff seemed caught up guard and rushed to follow Amber. (I'm more listen than watching).

Thanks for clarifying.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Perfection lol. Thanks!

The only time I served on a jury was a case where the county set up a sting operation to catch independent contractors doing jobs that cost more than $200 but they had absolutely no hard evidence the defendant had broken the law. Their only evidence was "he showed up to the house with paint on his clothes and paint is expensive!" They wasted our time for 2 days and as soon as we got to deliberate we basically took like 5 minutes to agree how insulting the case was and came back out and acquitted the defendant. The judge was smiling.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
check out Law and Crime on youtube. Their stream has been good.

Also, this dude couldn't help but fall in love with Depp that shit's hilarious.

Thanks.
Yeah the law and crime stream is a bit better but I guess the video is just bad.
It's a pre-recorded deposition so I don't think any other stream will have better audio.
The L&C stream is generally higher quality, but yeah the recordings audio isnt that great.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not, it has to be taken in context. It's all about building a pile of evidence on the side of AH being a piece of shit to her partners while JD has not been.

I know why Depp's team is using it of course. but I personally don't see a one off incident in that relationship as particularly damning when there's enough incidents and evidence just from Depp and Heard's relationship to sink her case. I don't think it's a battered partner supporting their abuser thing either if it was truly a one off incident at the airport. I get that it counters her claim that she's "never hit anyone" but I still didn't see it as a big gotcha as some people were reacting to it in the thread at the time.

and to reply to someone who quoted me earlier, it would be very shitty indeed if Van Ree and Heard tried to make it seem like the lesbian officer that arrested them was being homophobic though without substantiating that claim, but I doubt we'll ever get more information about that incident.

Last edited:

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually kinda like this witness... he sounds truthful to me.
Is it still the drug guy? I had to turn it off, but before I did he made 2 statements that stood out as really weird to me

First, when asked if Amber ever saw Amber doing coke, he wanted clarification if that meant "ever in history" only to say no, he has never in history seen her do coke and she is adamantly against it. So why the clarification?

Second, when asked if he has ever seen her smoke weed he said no, that's not her drug of choice. When asked what is her drug of choice he said she doesn't have one....

BronzeWolf

Nov 3, 2017
Mexico
I know why Depp's team is using it of course. but I personally don't see one off incident in that relationship that as particularly damning when there's enough incidents and evidence just from Depp and Heard's relationship to sink her case. I don't think it's a battered partner supporting their abuser thing either if it was truly a one off incident at the airport. I get that it counters her claim that she's "never hit anyone" but I still didn't see it as a big gotcha as some people were reacting to it in the thread at the time.

and to reply to someone who quoted me earlier, it would be very shitty indeed if Van Ree and Heard tried to make it seem like the lesbian officer that arrested them was being homophobic though without substantiating that claim, but I doubt we'll ever get more information about that incident.
AH's been shown to repeatedly and consistently lie on record and under oath about simpler more innocuous facts, if that led her to a financial or PR gain. Camille just piled on another question for the jury to ponder about. It's not a gotcha, it's just another thing at the back of the jurors mind.

V3N1X

Prophet of Truth
Oct 16, 2021
Alexandria, Egypt
Is it still the drug guy? I had to turn it off, but before I did he made 2 statements that stood out as really weird to me

First, when asked if Amber ever saw Amber doing coke, he wanted clarification if that meant "ever in history" only to say no, he has never in history seen her do coke and she is adamantly against it. So why the clarification?

Second, when asked if he has ever seen her smoke weed he said no, that's not her drug of choice. When asked what is her drug of choice he said she doesn't have one....

Yeah, I missed like 15 minutes of his deposition after the start.... I'm trying to go back and catch up but I wanna stay live for some reason :)

Fugu

Oct 26, 2017
Not officially, but they're saying the jury might just rule against her regardless of any technicalities in the law... and they say it happens more often than people think when the jury hates the defendant/plaintiff.
This concept, known as jury nullification, is generally only applicable to criminal trials. For one thing, a verdict in a civil trial based on an error in law would almost certainly be overturned on appeal, and many/all? common law jurisdictions permit the trial judge to substitute a jury verdict not based in law

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
This guy makes me wish they'd just do a summary, lol.

Depp did drugs.
Depp smoked stuff.
Depp was kind most of the time, and very giving/helpful to others.
Depp could be "mean" when drunk and say not nice things.
Never saw Depp physically abuse Heard at any time.

V3N1X

Prophet of Truth
Oct 16, 2021
Alexandria, Egypt
This concept, known as jury nullification, is generally only applicable to criminal trials. For one thing, a verdict in a civil trial based on an error in law would almost certainly be overturned on appeal, and many/all? common law jurisdictions permit the trial judge to substitute a jury verdict not based in law

How common is that? not overturing on appeal but a judge substituting a jury verdict?

Oct 30, 2017
This guy makes me wish they'd just do a summary, lol.

Depp did drugs.
Depp smoked stuff.
Depp was kind most of the time, and very giving/helpful to others.
Depp could be "mean" when drunk and say not nice things.
Never saw Depp physically abuse Heard at any time.
This deposition is just redundant, you're right.

It's established that he is a chronic substance abuser, but it does not equate to his being physically violent. It's like Heard's team has nothing else but to continually show evidence that Depp was a drug user and, by extension, was a physically violent man.

Fugu

Oct 26, 2017
How common is that? not overturing on appeal but a judge substituting a jury verdict?
I am not a civil litigator nor do I know what jurisdiction this trial is being conducted in. But with the amount of money being poured into this shitshow you can be certain that every reasonable avenue will be tested, and this is frankly a relatively obvious one

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
Wait... So he just said Johnny told him his mom abused him as a kid and that he called her a b*tch numerous times... And that he quote 'already had a mom that was a b*tch in his life and that he doesn't need another one' whilst directly comparing her to Amber...?

Doesn't that strengthen Johnny's testimony about Amber being abusive...?

EDIT:
Corrected the quote to better reflect what he said.

Last edited:

V3N1X

Prophet of Truth
Oct 16, 2021
Alexandria, Egypt
Wait... So he just said Johnny told him his mom abused him as a kid and that he called her a b*tch numerous times... And that he quote 'doesn't need another b*tch in his life' whilst directly comparing her to Amber...?

Doesn't that strengthen Johnny's testimony about Amber being abusive...?

It at least tells the jury that he was equating the two... they can make of that whatever they want.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
If anything, it was interesting to hear from one of their mutual closer friends, you get some decent insight into daily life stuff like that
Not that it adds anything to the case, but yeah

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I still dont understand the point of this video, it doesnt show any violence against Amber. And Johnny even says whatever hes mad about doesnt involve her

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine living in a scenario where you have to constantly check if someone is recording you in your own house

Status
Not open for further replies.