• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From the replies in that weird tweet posted in the other thread I saw this turd of a gem.

what the fuck. Men can't be abused ever, I guess.

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
Amber getting caught in her pathological lies like a fake era leaker.

So like:

My cousins brother uncle works for Nintendo and he told me they are buying out Microsoft and Sony. You can believe it.

In related news. Amber is a narcissist who refuses to admit she did anything wrong.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
They've deleted almost all Depp discussion over the years as the evidence against Heard grew more blatant and any thread allowed either equivocates, blames Depp, or says no one should care about it; same as askfeminists, subredditdrama, trollxchromsomes and any subreddit of a similar bend.
Deuxmoi is another to avoid.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
even outside of today's day in court, I really am struggling to see how anyone could have listened to the tapes of Amber heard admitting all the shit she did and still think there's stronger evidence against Depp/that the relationship dynamic wasn't one of her being the primary/main abuser. what evidence against depp is anywhere near as damning, or could come even come across that way if you had preconceived notions about Depp being the primary abuser?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
She had plenty of time between her pledge and Depp suing her to actually donate, right?

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Deuxmoi is another to avoid.
The whole gossip/tea space seems to be on Amber's side.

So many people seemingly wanting to destroy any credibility they might've had for the sake of someone who literally spits in the face of her employees for daring to ask for a raise. Utterly trash human being.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
The amount of pictures is crazy but then again Depp is like a mega star. I'm watching Vasquez right now

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
Now Vasquez is grilling Heard about the donations, just after the second night show interview was brought as evidence. I'm not just impressed by how much Heard got away with it, but how prepared Depp's lawyer came for this. Camille Vasquez was on fire today.
The medical history or the nurse's medical notes combined with the pictures...

Amber is literally insane.

Again, I can't praise Camille Vasquez enough. She'll grill her some more tomorrow... It's barely been 2 hours...

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
It's expected that he loses?
the ongoing actions of men over centuries have poisoned the well, so a man has a really hard time proving validity of victimhood in domestic violence or abuse cases. Toxic masculinity striking again, ironically. They have to get beyond cultural acceptances like men being larger than women meaning that when a woman hits them it doesn't mean as much. Or men accepting when their spouse hits them to blow of steam even when it doesn't "hurt" hurt, it still isn't innocent. Slaps and swats out of frustration and anger might not be violence but it's definitely approaching abuse. Like what is their intent and is there a pattern of abuse and control?

It's hard to claim abuse. There's no support for it, you feel like lesser of everything, and you blame yourself and feel like everyone else is too. "Aren't you a man, just leave." "You sure know how to pick em." Like you don't literally have your life completely exposed to this person. You could find yourself trying to go back if you do leave because you're so well gaslit you don't know what direction is up. There's like just no preparation for it, and society either calls it into doubt or calls you into question, since men are supposed to always be in control somehow.

Any abuse Johnny Depp experienced is really secondary to their argument that Amber Heard a) was not abused or raped, b)that she exhibits a pattern of bending the truth and telling basic lies while also collecting lot of details to support her narrative, and c) did so knowing that it would harm her ex-husband. It also looks like they want to tie her actions to medical mental health diagnoses, and use evidence of her actions as an anchor to show that, what she said is in doubt, what she did was in direct contradiction of what she said, and how she acted doesn't support her stating that she had no idea it would portray her ex-husband in a bad light. They've been building a foundation with everything so far, but they really need her to put the roof over it all with Point C, by showing herself to be both deliberate and also inconsistent. But it was always an uphill battle that ultimately relies on her, which is like, not impossible but difficult.

The rub so far is that her collected proof hasn't helped her case, and the proof they collected, some of it actually helps his.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Heard's attorneys could choreograph and coach her on what to say during direct but everyone with a lick of sense knew she would crumble as cross examination started.

She has no excuses and no attorney to fall back on. She is screwed and deserves every bit of heat coming her way. A pathological liar and manipulator.

Oct 25, 2017
Just caught up on the cross examination, Camille just destroyed her. Insanely good at her job and getting Amber to stumble on so many things.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Some of the takes I have seen on twitter from blue ticks and people who claim to be progressive have been shocking.

I consider myself to be a progressive both politically and personally and I find myself disgusted by some of the defending these so called "progressives" are taking part in to save Amber and her career.

It's genuinely awful and has proven beyond doubt that for some people their agendas mean more to them than truth and justice.

Making sure that Johnny Depp gets justice is imperative for all victims of abuse, male and female.

Amber doesn't speak for female abuse victims, she is a scam artist and has done damage to female victims of abuse through her selfish and calculated behaviour to piggyback on a movement of real change to make herself more successful.

Anyone defending her should be ashamed.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
You don't have to co-sign everything from everyone that espouses toxic viewpoints. Remember before the Trump populism that antivaxxers were often leftist groups? It's like that, they can be dangerously wrong without invalidating other things.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
EBd079I.png

actually, I did not know the difference between pledge and donation but thanks
any excuse to rewatch is worthy

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of the takes I have seen on twitter from blue ticks and people who claim to be progressive have been shocking.

I consider myself to be a progressive both politically and personally and I find myself disgusted by some of the defending these so called "progressives" are taking part in to save Amber and her career.

It's genuinely awful and has proven beyond doubt that for some people their agendas mean more to them than truth and justice.

Making sure that Johnny Depp gets justice is imperative for all victims of abuse, male and female.

Amber doesn't speak for female abuse victims, she is a scam artist and has done damage to female victims of abuse through her selfish and calculated behaviour to piggyback on a movement of real change to make herself more successful.

Culture Wars are some addictive shit

yalk_dx

Nov 3, 2020
the ongoing actions of men over centuries have poisoned the well, so a man has a really hard time proving validity of victimhood in domestic violence or abuse cases. Toxic masculinity striking again, ironically. They have to get beyond cultural acceptances like men being larger than women meaning that when a woman hits them it doesn't mean as much. Or men accepting when their spouse hits them to blow of steam even when it doesn't "hurt" hurt, it still isn't innocent. Slaps and swats out of frustration and anger might not be violence but it's definitely approaching abuse. Like what is their intent and is there a pattern of abuse and control?

It's hard to claim abuse. There's no support for it, you feel like lesser of everything, and you blame yourself and feel like everyone else is too. "Aren't you a man, just leave." "You sure know how to pick em." Like you don't literally have your life completely exposed to this person. You could find yourself trying to go back if you do leave because you're so well gaslit you don't know what direction is up. There's like just no preparation for it, and society either calls it into doubt or calls you into question, since men are supposed to always be in control somehow.

Any abuse Johnny Depp experienced is really secondary to their argument that Amber Heard a) was not abused or raped, b)that she exhibits a pattern of bending the truth and telling basic lies while also collecting lot of details to support her narrative, and c) did so knowing that it would harm her ex-husband. It also looks like they want to tie her actions to medical mental health diagnoses, and use evidence of her actions as an anchor to show that, what she said is in doubt, what she did was in direct contradiction of what she said, and how she acted doesn't support her stating that she had no idea it would portray her ex-husband in a bad light. They've been building a foundation with everything so far, but they really need her to put the roof over it all with Point C, by showing herself to be both deliberate and also inconsistent. But it was always an uphill battle that ultimately relies on her, which is like, not impossible but difficult.

The rub so far is that her collected proof hasn't helped her case, and the proof they collected, some of it actually helps his.
100 percent agree, but slaps and swats are definitely violence

Oct 30, 2017

That's because you have cognitive flexibility and understand nuance. So many "progressive" personalities maintain an absolute or black and white stance on EVERYTHING and refuse to compromise. It's as if they are so scared that by asking questions they get their progressive pass taken away.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This whole cross examination must have brought so much joy to Johnny. Imagine having gone through everything he has plus whatever else that couldn't be proven to then have Camille torch Amber. I'm happy for the man and I hope justice is serve and he can have at the very least an ease of mind after this whole ordeal.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
From the replies in that weird tweet posted in the other thread I saw this turd of a gem.

what the fuck. Men can't be abused ever, I guess.

"Did she hit him? Yes. Was it abuse? No."

The fuck? This is really simple. What do you call it when someone has a history of hitting their significant other?

Last edited:

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen someone as rich as Heard throw their entire legal team under the bus like that

Rocketjay

Apr 30, 2018

All about feeling good rather than doing good for those kinds of people.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone actually win defamation trials though? Even the guy that Elon tried to convince the world was a pedophile couldn't win.
Most recently, the Kardashians won won in the last month, but it was really blatant with a lot of empty accusations
It's a crapshoot basically and depends on your jury, they're generally really difficult to win as you need a large amount of evidence to point to a quantifiable loss due to the defamation

He actually has sustained a large quantifiable loss, so there's that

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
That's because you have cognitive flexibility and understand nuance. So many "progressive" personalities maintain an absolute or black and white stance on EVERYTHING and refuse to compromise. It's as if they are so scared that by asking questions they get their progressive pass taken away.

I appreciate you saying that, thank you :). Also, I do agree with you and I never understood that way of thinking.

I think part of being progressive, the very fundamental meaning of it (in my eyes at least) is to be open minded and, as you say, have the cognitive flexibility to be able to understand nuance in certain situations.

This is one of those situations imo.

Amber Heard has abused a platform for her own selfish gain, supporting Depp doesn't mean that you stand against women who face abuse, this is what these so called "progressives" need to understand.

Acttually, I would argue the opposite, I think it shows the world that we cannot allow bad actors like Amber Heard to undermine all the hard work that has gone into making society a more equal and just place for abuse victims and that she doesn't represent metoo or any other platform that stands for helping victims.

I feel like that is the very definition of being progressive.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Camille was quite determined not to miss the chance to use the evidence/evidence she had at hand. She did everything she could to be able to maintain during Amber's testimony. It was exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.