• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I wouldn't put most of the blame on Amber's lawyers given all of the other evidence, she's at fault for being an awful person.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
My god, I cannot watch that. I have anxiety and my heart is exploding from my chest watching that lawyer rip through Amber Heard's organs live.

I stopped watching when she was put in the testifying chair last week. I can't watch that woman act her way through this.

Mopr3me

Banned
Jan 10, 2022
In all seriousness, is there anythingthing Heard's counsil can do to give credence to Heard's argument that her lawyers withheld evidence from the jury?

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
On a different point of odd choices of synonym - 'nodding off' is just a very British way of saying you're getting sleepy/going to sleep. Heard for some reason tries to present this as a specific euphemism for doing so as a result of drug use

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

'They're Very Different': Amber Heard Tries to Draw a Distinction Between 'Hitting' and 'Punching' Ex-Husband Johnny Depp

Nearly a month ago, Johnny Depp attempted to prove that his ex-wife Amber Heard was the abuser in their relationship by playing an audio recording of her admitting to hitting him. On the tape, Depp can be heard telling her that he tried to leave the room to escape.

"I did not fucking deck you," Heard told Depp on the recording. "I fucking was hitting you."
On Monday, Heard told a jury that the distinction referred to the "disparity between Johnny and I in our physical fights."

Depp would "proactively punch me, and I would have to resort to reactively hitting him," Heard insisted.
"I am talking about the difference between a punch, which Johnny did often, and me having to hit him in my defense," Heard alleged. "I know the difference between those two, and I'm highlighting the difference between those two, even if he wasn't twice my size. They're very different."
About a year later, Heard said, she met billionaire Elon Musk at the Met Gala 2016.

"He seemed like a real gentleman," she said, adding that he sat at a nearby table and the two became friends.

Heard and Musk dated shortly after her divorce with Depp.

lawandcrime.com

'They’re Very Different': Amber Heard Tries to Draw a Distinction Between 'Hitting' and 'Punching' Ex-Husband Johnny Depp

Nearly a month ago, Johnny Depp attempted to prove that his ex-wife Amber Heard was the abuser in their relationship by playing an audio recording of her admitting to hitting him. On the tape, Depp can be heard telling her that he tried to leave the room to escape.

Johnny Depp's Lawyer Grills Amber Heard on Glamour Shots Taken Shortly After Allegedly Brutal Assaults

Amber-Heard-and-Johnny-Depp-with-Don-Rickles.jpg

Early in her questioning, Depp's attorney Camille Vasquez played a recording of Heard appearing to taunt her client.

"Please tell people it was a fair fight, and see what the jury and judge will think," Heard said on the tape. "Tell the world, Johnny. Tell them Johnny Depp, 'I Johnny Depp, a man, am too a victim of domestic violence.'"
When the couple was in Russia to promote The Lone Ranger, Heard claimed, Depp whacked her in the face so heard that her nose was bleeding. She said that she did not realize it until Depp's then-security guard Jerry Judge told her about the blood. Judge, who was Depp's loyal, lifelong bodyguard, died in 2019, and he did not corroborate Heard's account.
In another alleged incident, Heard claimed Depp hit her so hard in the face at the Met Gala that she thought he broke her nose in 2014. Depp's lawyer showed the jury photographs taken at an all-star comedy tribute the next evening to Don Rickles, who posed with the couple. A smiling Heard showed no visible bruising. Rickles died in 2017.
lawandcrime.com

Johnny Depp's Lawyer Grills Amber Heard on Glamour Shots Taken Shortly After Allegedly Brutal Assaults

Johnny Depp's attorney Camille Vasquez interrogated Amber Heard on Monday about photographs and videos taken of her shortly after allegedly brutal assaults by the actor.

dakun

Oct 28, 2017

'They're Very Different': Amber Heard Tries to Draw a Distinction Between 'Hitting' and 'Punching' Ex-Husband Johnny Depp

lawandcrime.com

'They’re Very Different': Amber Heard Tries to Draw a Distinction Between 'Hitting' and 'Punching' Ex-Husband Johnny Depp

Amber-Heard-and-Johnny-Depp-with-Don-Rickles.jpg

lawandcrime.com

Johnny Depp's attorney Camille Vasquez interrogated Amber Heard on Monday about photographs and videos taken of her shortly after allegedly brutal assaults by the actor.
making a distinction between hitting and punching while trying to act like there is none between pledging and donating/paying

big oof

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
These paparazzi photos of Amber Heard's perfect nose the night after Depp allegedly broke it...

This is a joke...

Make-up doesn't cover a broken nose!

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
Wow...Camille Vasquez is very good at what she does.

I'm 5 minutes into her cross exam...
I also only started watching now and holy shit. Heard was fuming, she literally implied that her lawyers didn't post all the photos she "produced" of her injuries, implying it's their fault that they aren't there.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Listening to the cross examination now and man how strong Depp's lawyer comes out. She's probably been rubbing her hands together all day, has so much to work with.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I also only started watching now and holy shit. Heard was fuming, she literally implied that her lawyers didn't post all the photos she "produced" of her injuries, implying it's their fault that they aren't there.

What is even the strategy here!? She's literally throwing her legal team under the bus!

Tamahagene

Banned
May 4, 2022
There is a thread on that sub right now saying that Depp was clearly the primary abuser by someone who teaches K-12 about DV and Sexual Violence... people are fucking crazy and is disgusting.

They've deleted almost all Depp discussion over the years as the evidence against Heard grew more blatant and any thread allowed either equivocates, blames Depp, or says no one should care about it; same as askfeminists, subredditdrama, trollxchromsomes and any subreddit of a similar bend.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
The other new thread about the donation is already having people defend her for the donation and are even both siding, saying that Johnny Depp was just as bad an abuser as she was.

One person in particular is mocking him, saying that Depp is gonna lose either way.

Lucky Aces

Banned
Dec 7, 2020
They've deleted almost all Depp discussion over the years as the evidence against Heard grew more blatant and any thread allowed either equivocates, blames Depp, or says no one should care about it; same as askfeminists, subredditdrama, trollxchromsomes and any subreddit of a similar bend.

A YouTuber could probably make a compilation of the Karen mods there alone lol.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
The other new thread about the donation is already having people defend her for the donation and are even both siding, saying that Johnny Depp was just as bad an abuser as she was.

One person in particular is mocking him, saying that Depp is gonna lose either way.
The "lol" at the end of that post is something else.

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
It's expected that he loses?
I'm not sure of the specifics, but I read that if AH's team can prove that there was even a possibility that JD did abuse her in some way, that it would be enough for the Jury to vote in her favor since Johnney's case hinges on him not having abused her. I think even JD said he expects to lose, he's more worried about regaining his rep.

I would love to be corrected on this though because I really don't know any specifics.

Nov 3, 2017
I heard many people say that, despite all that is happening, JD is still expected to lose this lawsuit.

If he does win, however, I am almost 100% sure he will donate.
Him losing would be quite a surprise

I absolutely see him doing this, at least to the children's hospital.

The ACLU? Not so much... They helped out Amber when she wrote her lies (I think it's fair to say that now) about Johnny.

It's something I would assume he would do. He's been frequenting children's hospital here in the UK dressed as Jack Sparrow

aSqueakyLime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
England
When she keeps looking over to her right, is she looking at the jury? I can't say if you're supposed to do that or anything, but I personally feel like that would be a weird thing to do constantly and would come across as overly pandering. Although, Amber has shown herself to not exactly be the brightest bulb, I suppose.

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
When she keeps looking over to her right, is she looking at the jury? I can't say if you're supposed to do that or anything, but I personally feel like that would be a weird thing to do constantly and would come across as overly pandering. Although, Amber has shown herself to not exactly be the brightest bulb, I suppose.

Yeah, she's looking at the jury.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
You're supposed to do it occasionally but doing it to often can indeed be seen negatively as pandering.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is even the strategy here!? She's literally throwing her legal team under the bus!

I don't think there is any. I highly doubt any of her legal team would have advised her to give some of the answers she did, like trying to conflate pledge with donate, among others.

It would be very surprising if her legal team was able to salvage her reputation during the redirect. Right now her credibility is as damaged as its ever been, she admitted to lying under oath, and every time she deflects blame to a medical professional or her legal team, it just gets worse and there's still at least another day of this coming.

A few pages ago, on this thread, I expressed concern that her team seemed to have very little to bring forward other than her testimony but her testimony is only as valuable as her credibility is. Without her credibility, I don't see what recourse her team has.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017

Yes that is the jury, and it has been odd from the first day she was on the stand.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Did she really say she has evidence but her legal team won't submit it?
Yes it's not good. It implies one of two things she's lying and throwing her legal team under the bus or her legal team did get additional pictures / evidence and they found the evidence damning to their client.

Status
Not open for further replies.