• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Wait, Amber Heard is dating Elon Musk now? That makes all the sense in the world to me.

amber-heard-elon-musk-relationship-timeline.jpg

Mopr3me

Banned
Jan 10, 2022
Bruh that was brutal. Very effective 2 hours.
I mean... what will Heard's counsil do now after being thrown under the bus so often?
Why would you even want to represent Heard?

Irishmantis

Jan 5, 2019
I can see people saying making this case live to public is a circus act

But I imagine this is a big push for men in abusive relationships

It's also very entertaining to see somebody like Amber being put in a position where she cannot gaslight her way out

Although she still tries

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
That was satisfying to watch.. I originally thought this case was unwinnable but it seems Heard is being binned left and right and constantly being proven as a manipulative lier. This is amazing.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
JD looking happy as hell after all the cross ended today. Who can blame him? AH's lying was exposed big time today

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
Somedays I just feel like we really are a reality tv show for aliens like on South Park, especially after seeing those pictures of her and Elon after seeing the destruction.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
After Amber Heard loses, I bet her team will try to claim mistrial because of Depps fanbase support, and they'll try to say some of the jury was unbiased (which is always going to happen in a trial where a public figure is involved)

Irishmantis

Jan 5, 2019
Omfg I googled the lawyer and one of the first articles "is Johnny dating his Lawyer Camille?"

These fucking people man

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Just saw a random video on YouTube while browsing...

...is she trying to sound believable in 2:30 onwards here...?

Because I buy NONE of what she's selling with this acting.

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone post a summary of what happened with her testimony? I see a lot of reactions here but without knowing what i's about
They pointed out that she had no photo evidence of any of the abuse she claimed, they countered with evidence of their own that her claims had no merit and that there was no abuse.

They caught her lying under oath that she donated the money she received from the divorce when she in fact has yet to do so.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
So, she not only has an amazing healing factor but also predicted 30 (or 13, maybe I misheard) months in advance that she would be sued by her ex-husband and therefore did not complete the donation

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
All the stuff about the settlement donation, is it directly pertinent to this case or is it just proving she's not to be taken on her word

Nov 3, 2017
Can someone post a summary of what happened with her testimony? I see a lot of reactions here but without knowing what i's about
AH had a lot of claims and her medical records don't show anything.

Despite her getting beaten with chunky rings bigger than the infinity stones thanos wears. Her face appears spectacularly flawless the day after

AH make-up gave her healing factor that rivals wolverine

Donated and pledged are entirely different

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
All the stuff about the settlement donation, is it directly pertinent to this case or is it just proving she's not to be taken on her word
It's to prove that AH had reasons to lie and defame JD as she was going after his money, whereas AH claimed it was never about the money since she donated all of it (which she didn't).

That it severely damages her credibility also helps.

Mopr3me

Banned
Jan 10, 2022

It was a tightly packed 1.5 hours of cross-examination. They went to the alleged abuse, alleged drug use and the donations to charity. It's a summary already. But in general, JD's lawyer doing the cross did a great job of:
- establishing there was no single piece of photo evidence of Heard's abuse, despite the alleged injuries as described by Heard being severe. The contrary, there was photographic evidence of Heard the next day after the alleged incedences of abuse without any indication of abuse/ marks/ bruises and no medical records. It was so brutal, that Heard said that she did have the photos of her injuries but her lawyers didn't submit then into evidence/ show it to the jury.
- establishing the ambiguity around Heard's claim of drug use by Johny, but dissecting an alleged photo of a table taken after Johny's drug use, where it seemed the items in the photo were tampered with.
- establishing the photos Heard took of Johny were simply a man sleeping
- establishing Heard lied under oath about here allegdly donated money to charity

It was brutal.

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
How long does the opposing counsel have to produce these "medical records" and "injury photos"?

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Wow...Camille Vasquez is very good at what she does.

I'm 5 minutes into her cross exam...

Status
Not open for further replies.