• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waggles

Oct 26, 2017
There's an episode of south park where cartman's retelling of how he and jimmy wrote some joke becomes more grandiose and one sided every time he tells it. The depressing bit is that he actually believes his fantasies, despite being the one who reinvents it every time he tells it.

I would hope that even the most predjudiced of juries would recognize Heard pulling the same shit, but if I'm being honest, she could outright admit to everything she's being accused of, and it'd still be an uphill battle for Depp's team.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
That's been the entire issue with her testimony. She's admitting to nothing.
I can't watch at the moment, dunno if this was discussed in this thread, and I might've missed something... but I found it SO strange how adamant she was at denying her drug use.
At least as far as I can remember, she only admitted to drinking red wine..?

It's just a weird strategy to act as if everyone around her was into ecstasy, pot, cocaine, and alcohol, and she's like nope never touched anything but the uber expensive wine. Even though IIRC her love for E and cocaine is well-documented at this point?

Boggles the mind.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Misogynistic Slur
Man her explanations of the first tape just doesn't line up at all. She's calling him a baby for running away and admitting she started a fight in it, but she's trying to say she was the victim and hiding from him? And then her next argument for the next tape was "I was lying in it"? The tapes since they're real damning but these explanations are really shit.

I just tracked down this part down in the stream and it's like...she's not even talking about what we just heard audio of. Like she's not describing the discussion they had, but a completely different one.

I kind of get why they had to address this in court, because you can't just let it be presented by Depp's team and let their version sit in the jury's mind. But if this is the best they could come up with...yeah, perhaps better not bother? Also, Heard just being a violent, condescending, gaslighting bitch in it is so extremely obvious...I don't really know if there is any way to spin it in a believable way.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Cross-examination on Amber Heard is going to be an event. People who wish they could hear a lot less about this trial are about to hear a lot more.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Amber's lawyer is starting to get very annoyed by Vasquez's solid objection game.

Edit: Voice getting louder and tone tensing up when she speaks to judge.

Edit2: WTF? Judge sustained objection and Amber just keeps going on? What is going on?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

She started to say what record needs to state as she went into what was shown to whom and when Vasquez objected Amber's lawyer just kept talking over Vasquez.

Also those long time lost meta data's on pictures now magically made appearance in Amber's pictures. Depp's team has meta data being redacted because they haven't been able to verify data being legit.

V3N1X

Prophet of Truth
Oct 16, 2021
Alexandria, Egypt
Is the person who supposedly took all those photos gonna take the stand? will the domestic abuse lawyer who "advised" her to not cooperate with the police take the stand?

Where are the pictures of the apartments being tossed?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Is the person who supposedly took all those photos gonna take the stand? will the domestic abuse lawyer who "advised" her to not cooperate with the police take the stand?

Where are the pictures of the apartments being tossed?

No and no.

If those pictures exist afaik Amber never handed them over, despite there was request for all of her photos and recordings.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
wait, were they talking about the photos there still? why was she taking the photos if she didnt want to hurt johnny or get him in trouble?

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
"smash up my face", shows pictures expressing the opposite.

Heard needs to tone down her hyperbole if she wants to be taken even a little seriously. The judge with the instant sustains really sounds like she's getting irate.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
"smash up my face", shows pictures expressing the opposite.

Heard needs to tone down her hyperbole if she wants to be taken even a little seriously. The judge with the instant sustains really sounds like she's getting irate.
A judge shouldn't have to hear so many objections. Lawyers should have gotten their clients better prepared.

Irishmantis

Jan 5, 2019
Don't like to play armchair psychologist but Amber seems narcissistic to me

Like I truly believe she believes what she is saying even if it's not true

But I'm gonna assume this is not the hottest take going right now

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
If you take Amber's description of the events as truth, the only explanation for her photos is she must be Kara Zor-El.

V3N1X

Prophet of Truth
Oct 16, 2021
Alexandria, Egypt
Chris - The Fucker - Brown hit Rihanna in the face 3 times, she cancelled her public engagements for weeks and the photos that came out of that were horrendous.

All Amber can produce from years of alleged physical/sexual abuse is a red cheek?

Damn this monster for destroying his life and career like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.