• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2021
Yeah, this kind of damage control is really suspicious. Suddenly trying to repair her wrong memory timeline, talking about the guitar thing again etc. Definitely looks like she's been coached during the break.

How's that even allowed?
Allowed? Welcome to every case ever. It comes down to whether or not the jury actually believes the coached testimony.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Can JD's counsil make a point of this?

Yes, they can prod at her if she coordinated with her legal team over past 10 days. They did so much repair work on things she had said, timelines she had laid out etc.

Still if she flatly denies it and doesn't give opening to go deeper then Team Depp shouldn't waste time on that. It's something that is very hard to prove.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
... Why is her defense playing this audio?

EDIT: Wow, her attempt to explain this audio is... Awful

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
This latest portion here rings the faultiest note, it's almost amazing.

I actually think she and her lawyer have been doing a good job so far. But this one was really bad.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Are all the audio recordings presented so far of her initiating and him reacting?

... Why is her defense playing this audio?
Maybe it's to pre-empt Depp's side from presenting it first...? That way, they can try to provide some "context" for it since it's so damning on its own. Otherwise, that seems like something you'd bury forever. (I don't know why Heard wouldn't have deleted it to begin with, though.)

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Getting ahead with these tapes now is good play from her legal team. This way they get take in now, Depp's team digs in during cross and then her team can try patch things up during redirect.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe it's to pre-empt Depp's side from presenting it first...? That way, they can try to provide some "context" for it since it's so damning on its own. Otherwise, that seems like something you'd bury forever. (I don't know why Heard wouldn't have deleted it to begin with, though.)
... Except, it's already been played by Johnny's team during his testimony.

She's trying to bullshit her way through it. Please, for all that is good, I hope the jury see through her lies.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
I mean her excuse that she was trying to force her way into the bathroom because she was worried about him when in the audio he's clearly lucid and clearly doesn't want her anywhere near him…

That was a major fuck up. I don't even know why they played the audio at all if that's how they collectively decided to argue it. And this isn't Amber. Her lawyers told her to say that and thought it would be a good idea.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Man her explanations of the first tape just doesn't line up at all. She's calling him a baby for running away and admitting she started a fight in it, but she's trying to say she was the victim and hiding from him? And then her next argument for the next tape was "I was lying in it"? The tapes since they're real damning but these explanations are really shit.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
So, Depp is both trying to get around the door to swing at Heard...but at the same time she can hear him passing out.

I'm sorry...wut?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
So, Depp is both trying to get around the door to swing at Heard...but at the same time she can hear him passing out.

I'm sorry...wut?

Callback to her testimony from 10+ days ago. I think she takes truths and then adds made up shit on top to make it fit her narrative so we get these weird situations where she is in 5 different positions and locations at once. Basically what Dr. Curry told us what person with personality disorders that Amber has does often.

It's why they did that clean up at beginning of today.

Mopr3me

Banned
Jan 10, 2022
This is infuriating. Hoping the jury sees though the BS. The 10 day pause really didn't help JD's case.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
Jesus CHRIST, if anyone still believes this person.

"So scary... I was scared. I was afraid he wouldn't remember."

... What?!

She clearly wasn't scared in the video, so she caught herself (she was smirking and laughing).

V3N1X

Prophet of Truth
Oct 16, 2021
Alexandria, Egypt
Jesus CHRIST, if anyone still believes this person.

"So scary... I was scared. I was afraid he wouldn't remember."

... What?!

She clearly wasn't scared in the video, so she caught herself (she was smirking and laughing).

Yeah, every time Heard's side show that video they intentionally cut it off before the smirk.

At this point, it's incredibly foolish for any normal human being to believe anything that woman spews out of her mouth.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Genuinely hard to listen to today. As others have said this has clearly been coached and just bullshitting.

Oct 27, 2017
Looooooooooool she's blaming the dog for the poop in the bed loooooool.
The poop was almost the size of the dog...

She's such a liar, wow.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I've had Yorkies for 15 years and so I'm a bit of an expert on Yorkie poo poo. That is a not a Yorkie poo poo.

Oct 30, 2017
Heard's council is essentially coaching her witness on what to say live on the stand, tf.
This was happening before the trial break. She was very tangential and very flowery with her word choice in the days leading up to the break. This, combined with Depp's team constantly throwing out objections, resulted in her attorney basically telling her what and how to say things while testifying.

With the 10-day break, she was likely coached further about what to say once she returned to the stand. It'll be interesting to see how she performs under cross without an attorney to guide her responses.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
She's literally blaming this:

ee3380e2d4c0b48ccb52a2741c182a8e--yorkshire-terriers-yorkies.jpg

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
Everything today has just been so frustrating so far—you can't keep trying to polish your stories. I wish I could see the jury's faces (I realize why I can't) to get some kind of idea how they're taking this.

V3N1X

Prophet of Truth
Oct 16, 2021
Alexandria, Egypt
Everything today has just been so frustrating so far—you can't keep trying to polish your stories. I wish I could see the jury's faces (I realize why I can't) to get some kind of idea how they're taking this.

I know we've discussed LegalBytes (the YT channel) here before and their less than flattering guests but 3 of the laywers regularly appearing on this channel are actually in the court room today and will discuss later their observations about they jury and their reactions... I'm definitely waiting for this discussion later today.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I know we've discussed LegalBytes (the YT channel) here before and their less than flattering guests but 3 of the laywers regularly appearing on this channel are actually in the court room today and will discuss later their observations about they jury and their reactions... I'm definitely waiting for this discussion later today.

Bit annoying it's on a shitty YT channel but I really want to hear that stuff. Would be interesting to hear if the jury look sympathetic or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.