• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Multiple pictures, same lighting, same clothing… first she says "the next day", the rest? Some time after.

I mean come on.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I think it would have been more convincing without any evidence at all. I don't know how there can be so many photos showing nothing compelling. It would have been understandable if someone didn't immediately think to document the harrowing situations she described.

ValeYard

Oct 25, 2017
It really does seem that there are two diametrically opposed accounts of some events now. JD has witnesses who worked for him testifying differently. I guess, they'll have witnesses to corroborate her story. Then it will be he said she said and just who the jury believes more.

GreyFox

Oct 28, 2017
After all what she said and explained I expected a Rihanna-like photo of injuries. WTF is this?

TioChuck

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I been watching Emily D Baker streams from this trial, I have no horse in this race, but Amber Heard is clearly acting in the testimony, and not good acting, and its kinda infuriating.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I feel gross even listening to this and trying to give credence to Heard's words versus what we're seeing. And I'm really struggling.

This was Heard's testimony.

"He pummeled me."

"He dragged my by the hair up the stairs."

"You could find my hair all around the house."

"He hit me in the face with his casted hand."

That is what she said. That is how she described the violence.

These photos do not show those injuries.

I...feel like I'm going crazy watching this and trying to make sense of it.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Heard: "I had a pretty gross bruise right here on my head, it was pretty ugly."

Picture shows nothing.

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Concern Trolling; Victim Blaming; Long History and Prior Severe Bans for Dismissive Behaviour
I'm not saying she's not lying but do all you believe johnny is some angel that hasn't been abusive at all?

Oct 27, 2017
I feel gross even listening to this and trying to give credence to Heard's words versus what we're seeing. And I'm really struggling.

This was Heard's testimony.

"He pummeled me."

"He dragged my by the hair up the stairs."

"You could find my hair all around the house."

"He hit me in the face with his casted hand."

That is what she said. That is how she described the violence.

These photos do not show those injuries.

I...feel like I'm going crazy watching this and trying to make sense of it.

Getting hit in the face like she said she was is extremely likely to leave large noticeable swelling and bruising. The descriptions she's given are of an out of control violent man, and would absolutely leave really horrific facial trauma, possibly to a disfiguring extent of it happens repeatedly like that. A broken nose would be evident, swollen cheek bones, eyes, lips, there will be facial fractures too most likely, if you're getting hit with a fucking casted arm. Either Johnny Depp has the lightest touch in the world even when he's pummeling someone, or it's bullshit.

Oct 25, 2017
Once again talking shit about your abuser and getting mad around them doesn't make you 'no angel' just as bad as your abuser or even in the same vicinity.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
I think I figured it out everybody, she's playing Mera right now, so all of these injuries that supposedly happened would have just easily healed in those two days.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I'm not saying she's not lying but do all you believe johnny is some angel that hasn't been abusive at all?

I absolutely believe that Johnny Depp was at the very least verbally abusive in this relationship. He admitted it in his own testimony.

And I want to believe Heard here. But those photos. I almost would have preferred not seeing them.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019

Depp's own testimony doesn't paint him in an angelic light, and both he and plenty of his own witnesses corroborated that he's, to put it lightly, a big fan of alcohol and cocaine, particularly combined.

That's actually part of what made his case so strong to me. He was very honest about his own foibles and his own fuck-ups. That's also why Heard and her defense testifying that Depp took a lot of drugs and making that such a core part of their argument isn't really hitting home. He's pretty famous for that in general and it was all out in the open when his side presented the case, so it isn't like some wild revelation.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

This video shows quotes from her stylist at the show Amber was talking about, says she say no black eyes or marks on her face at all.

Oct 27, 2017
Once again talking shit about your abuser and getting mad around them doesn't make you 'no angel' just as bad as your abuser or even in the same vicinity.
I don't think this argument is ever going to be one to win with some people. Apparently when you're being abused, emotionally, mentally, physically, you're supposed to just sit there and take it like a kind human being and never develop unhealthy coping skills or verbally lash out to your friends or defend yourself.

That said, Johnny Depp didn't downplay or try to hide any of his behavior or anything that was read aloud in court in his own testimony. He seems acutely aware of his own shortcomings and I don't think there's any reason to debate that.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Are we expected to believe that JD is physically strong enough to pin her down, sexually assault her, fling her around etc.

And yet he "pummeled" her and that's the only "injuries" she sustained?

Doesn't make any sense whatsoever, surely her face would have been utterly annihilated?

V3N1X

Prophet of Truth
Oct 16, 2021
Alexandria, Egypt
Yeah, I'm done with the "both of them are bad" arguments at this point... one of them is almost gone-girl levels of batshit abusive and the other is what? a substance abuser who sometimes falls asleep in the sand and tries to run from physical fights?

It's not even close.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
Last night, I was torn. Today, this case jumps the shark. Does anyone honestly believe any of Heard's bullshit? This is the most over-the-top, melodramatic thing I've ever seen.

itsgreen

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I have a real hard time ridiculing her words and how she acts, and what she claims.

There is a difference between the two, but I don't want to diminish a victim. I don't think she is.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I was wondering when the both sides argument would return. Mixed with a good old dose of "he was no angel".

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah cuts from thick pieces of glass will go very deep, it's hard to believe the wound would close without stitches. Cut my hand once with a pyrex pan that shattered and it required five stitches. Still has a very thick, obvious scar even though it was almost a year ago.

It does come across like she's describing walking on glass with shoes on instead of bare feet....

I've actually stomped on a piece of glass from a broken car headlight.

Granted I was 3 at the time. Definitely needed stitches. I still have a 3-4 inch scar on the bottom of my foot.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Yeah, I'm done with the "both of them are bad" arguments at this point... one of them is almost gone-girl levels of batshit abusive and the other is what? a substance abuser who sometimes falls asleep in the sand and tries to run from physical fights?

It's not even close.

And we have people in here saying his career should also be over and numerous "both as bad" takes.

Honestly it's disgusting.

Oct 25, 2017
And we have people in here saying his career should also be over and numerous "both as bad" takes.

Honestly it's disgusting.

I feel like people engage in this "both are bad" bullshit because it's a "safe" stance to take in case we magically end up wrong about who is the toxic abuser in this situation.

[Which, imho, isn't going to happen - Heard seems genuinely fucking batshit insane atm]

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Those photographs were just… not great, and not in Heard's favor.

I dunno, that actually made things worse for me as far as her case. They really seem like reaching. On some occasions any injury was virtually imperceptible, which really doesn't help them.

Even that one picture with the small bruise under her right eye lines up with Depp saying that it's incidental contact when he tries to hold her back and she's trying to attack him. One of the most compelling moments of Depp's testimony was when he both described and pantomimed him trying to grab and hold Heard to keep her from hitting him, and in the struggle his head would hit hers, which also lines up with the audio when he's trying to escape from her and she keeps following after him.

I'd be horrified if Heard's testimony was true because that is some truly heinous shit she's relaying, but it just doesn't ring true and it doesn't even have anything to do with her demeanor on the stand. To me that's actually whatever. People react and act strangely all the time for any number of reasons, and she's probably nervous as hell, so I don't like speculating as far as all that goes.

But her actual words and things like those pictures when lined up against Depp's testimony are actually explained and argued a lot better by the latter to me.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
It's even more nauseating when I remember Amber Heard's former assistant mentioning that Amber stole and repurposed her story of the sexual violence she endured before.

Status
Not open for further replies.