• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
She must have HAD medical attention if what she is saying did happen. Is there any records of this?

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
She felt glas under her feet...? Whilst she was violently assaulted and basically naked? Her feet were sliding on the tiles...? There was MORE glas there, but it was cleaned up?

She'd be a bloody mess if any of this was true. She better have pictures/a medical report, because from what we know - Johnny lost his finger.

What injuries did she sustain...?

We have recordings of her after the incident saying she didn't mean to hurt him, with Dr. Kipper chiming in saying 'this is guilt, this is guilt'...
I just... It's uncomfortable to witness such a breakdown, and then realise... It's probably not true.

It makes me almost feel guilty for not believing her. It just f*cking sucks. I feel manipulated and don't know what to believe until I try to logically pick apart what's she's saying.

It doesn't make sense for her not to have severe injuries after such an incident.

Last edited:

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
Depp's team sure has a lot to work with on cross
most important of all not let her speak freely and lead the cross like they did with the last witness.

At this point i don't believe for a second that the jury has much more patience for her

She will buckle within the first few questions once that happens

Aliand

Oct 28, 2017
On one hand I understand the fear of "swinging the pendulum too far the other way" and giving toxic "men's rights" assholes ammunition, but yes, this attitude completely disregards male victims and perpetuates harmful stereotypes that will hurt ALL genders in the long run. Sure would be nice if media could take a balanced, nuanced approach.

That's the thing that is particularly sad here. The high profile of their story could potentially help and empower other men victims to come forward. But the whole campaign that is currently happening could deter them from that.
Depp being a victim does not equate to #MeToo being pointed out. So far Heard has manipulated everyone (except maybe ACLU who seem to be more of an accomplice than a victim). If anything, NOW would be the time to maybe take a step back and look objectively at the evidence we have from both sides. This should be basic behaviour as in any relationship, even mariage, you can trust someone but doesn't mean you can't take a step back if you feel there is something that does not add up, and so should you.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Oct 27, 2017
I don't 100% buy into the idea that she would've needed to seek medical help for what she's saying to have really happened. I know countless people who have been abused that have not sought medical help out of fear/embarrassment/etc.

Whatever stance you have, I find it highly questionable that New York Post is headlining one of the updates on the trial as "abuse with a bottle" and not "rape with a bottle" coz if it's true that's not just abuse that's full on rape. Like I get that maybe it's not true, but i feel like that's burying the lead there.

Do we know if James Franco will be called to testify? He would be pretty key to both, like if he says Amber mentioned the abuse to him then or if he says he never heard about it and had good exchanges with Depp at the time.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
If Heard wins this...

I'm legitimately afraid for what happens next.

Then what Heard said to Johnny Depp will be proven true.

"Tell them, I, Johnny Depp, I'm a victim of domestic abuse ... and see how many people believe or side with you."

Now imagine what that means for men who have suffered abuse at the hands of a woman like her.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Do we know if James Franco will be called to testify? He would be pretty key to both, like if he says Amber mentioned the abuse to him then or if he says he never heard about it and had good exchanges with Depp at the time.

Don't think either side really wants to call someone to the stand who would have their credibility derailed in seconds because they are a sex pest and took advantage of young students.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
I had to go back.

I just had to go back to the recording she made...

They were looking for Johnny's finger after this alleged assault. Not a single mention of injuries on her - from anyone.

And she's admitting to having done it by saying 'I didn't mean to hurt him'.

Not a single mention of anything she just said either. Nothing.

I'm not going to f*cking let her gaslight us too. No f*cking way.

Sadly, I don't think this is admisable in court... Since it isn't a conversation between the two of them... I wish they could get this in somehow.

I wish it was admisable. No one would believe another word out of her mouth after hearing this.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
I don't 100% buy into the idea that she would've needed to seek medical help for what she's saying to have really happened. I know countless people who have been abused that have not sought medical help out of fear/embarrassment/etc.

Whatever stance you have, I find it highly questionable that New York Post is headlining one of the updates on the trial as "abuse with a bottle" and not "rape with a bottle" coz if it's true that's not just abuse that's full on rape. Like I get that maybe it's not true, but i feel like that's burying the lead there.

There is evidence Amber Heard abused him, there is no proof he abused her.

There shouldn't be a "stance" other than she's an abuser and he has been abused until she provides proof of what she claims.

And if she would have gone through the things she has claimed I doubt she would have had a choice in seeking medical attention because it likely would have required surgery due to major trauma.

She's a pathological liar.

GreyFox

Oct 28, 2017
So ... she took pictures of the mirrors, but not a single one of her glass cut feet?

C'mon now.

V3N1X

Prophet of Truth
Oct 16, 2021
Alexandria, Egypt
I find it so hard to believe anything she says... in 3 years of domestic/sexual abuse including penetration by a glass bottle, there's not a single medical record?

She was naked on a tile floor with broken glass everywhere and she was still able to walk with no medical attention?

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
Not just men in abusive relationships... men in general.

How easy it is to just yell "abuse" at every man you're angry with or trying to manipulate?
just as bad.. this is bad for women who were actually abused too. People will point to her as an example of how women can "act" to get what they want..

just fucking everybody loses except her

Pagano

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So someone specifically cleaned up the broken glass on the floor but couldn't be bothered to clean up the blood and other stuff lying around?

???

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
She's being specifically asked how she felt when leaving the resort.

If I'm on the jury, I'm listening for one description of the physical pain she must have been in. And I would find it strange that we haven't gotten one yet.

tsmoreau

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone who had a ... problematic mother, recognizes all this behavior as absolutely normal.

The exaggerating past the point of believability to guilt trip the world, the radical mood swings and forced confrontations into believing lies. All typical emotionally manipulative gaslighting stuff, sadly.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
People really need to listen to the recording I just posted.

It contradicts what she's saying.

We have the evidence - She's lied multiple times - Listen the recordings, people!!

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Some people on Twitter are saying she's taking stuff from movies… No way, right?

Thread here

See this is the kind of stuff I find so silly and I think it actually does a disservice to what Depp went through. I have no idea why people are so insistent on reaching like this with weird conspiracy theory shit when there's so much actual stuff to hang Amber Heard with.

V3N1X

Prophet of Truth
Oct 16, 2021
Alexandria, Egypt
just as bad.. this is bad for women who were actually abused too. People will point to her as an example of how women can "act" to get what they want..

just fucking everybody loses except her

Exactly, imagine women who are actually not in her position of privilege... because supposedly when he beat her, she was free to leave after (to seek medical attention, to report to the police... etc).

If a woman was not in that position (which happens a lot in cases of DV), if they had no ability to document being abused, no one will ever believe them.

Candylion

Aug 24, 2020
I don't think many people realize just how serious the damage that broken glass can do is. I watch my brother cut his leg almost to the bone on one shard of glass from a picture frame. What she is talking about would have to need a hospital visit and lots of stitches if not surgery.

I stepped in broken glass once, quite lightly and it still scarred for years. That stuff goes through skin like a hot knife through butter. If she was slipping around in broken glass like she described, even if she somehow didn't seek medical attention, she would absolutely be scarred.

ValeYard

Oct 25, 2017
I stepped in broken glass once, quite lightly and it still scarred for years. That stuff goes through skin like a hot knife through butter. If she was slipping around in broken glass like she described, even if she somehow didn't seek medical attention, she would absolutely be scarred.
The description of feeling broken glass under you sounds like sugar glass, not real glass. idk.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah cuts from thick pieces of glass will go very deep, it's hard to believe the wound would close without stitches. Cut my hand once with a pyrex pan that shattered and it required five stitches. Still has a very thick, obvious scar even though it was almost a year ago.

The description of feeling broken glass under you sounds like sugar glass, not real glass. idk.
It does come across like she's describing walking on glass with shoes on instead of bare feet....

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
The claims she's been making are incredibly severe but you figure if there's anything truly major in this testimony that is undeniable she'd bust it out in the next 30 minutes or so before the jury goes home for the next 10 days. Right? You would think that the defense would want to leave the jury with something bigger than subjective testimony from the defendant so it has maximum impact during the long break.

Oct 27, 2017
Possibly not, but broken glass is no joke. Doesn't mean seeking medical attention for it was necessary but there would absolutely be a lot of visible evidence of it and honestly I find it hard to believe that she would've interacted with it as she described in her story and not sustain some injuries that might require medical attention.

The issue here isn't debating that people who are abused don't seek medical attention or help out of embarrassment, that's well known established and understood. And if there were actual other evidence here to back up her claims I don't think anybody would be questioning them. The cycle of abuse is one that perpetuates shame and guilt and embarrassment and I think anybody that has a passing understanding of how domestic violence works gets that and would understand that you don't have to look or act a specific way, or have documented evidence of every single instance to believe it happened.

In this case not only is her descriptions and testimony seemingly overly performative and emotionally incongruent, but there's not a lot of actual evidence or witnesses to back up her claims at this time, of which there should be quite an abundant amount given her detailed descriptors often include other people. So far, nobody has verified any of the extreme elements of her story. When you have so many different elements of context mounting like that, it would be irresponsible to assume that all of it is just coincidental and she still telling the truth. It's just not adding up.

We have someone here who photographed a bruise that was somewhat superficial and could've come from any source, including someone physically restraining her due to her own violence, and claimed it was an example of her being assaulted by her then boyfriend Johnny Depp. That would have taken place before the situation that she described today, so we have that photo but no photos of these repeated facial traumas, other body injuries and traumas or anything else that would be absolutely noticeable.

It raises questions. You should believe a victim and investigate their claims, but all this investigation has yielded so far was that the abuser was Amber Heard, the victim Johnny Depp, and more evidence supporting that she was the instigator of violence and not the victim of it. Maybe that'll change but it's really not looking like I'm not sure what she's saying is factual to the way she's portraying it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.