• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Depp would need to win something legal before they feel its "safe" to paint Heard as the abuser, especially given the current era we're in.

Yeah it does seem that way which is why winning the actual case is so important even as Depp seems to have overwhelming public support outside of mainstream news outlets.

Depp got his story out there at the end of the day, and at minimum I think made the plight of male victimhood in general much more visible and a bit less stigmatized (this is true even if you think Depp is the primary abuser), but I'm also curious about how Hollywood studios will look at him if he loses this case and mainstream news sites are still firmly against him. Could well end up that both Depp and Heard are ostracized. I think Heard is probably cooked either way this goes, at least for a time.

Like that one Hollywood accountant or agent (I don't remember exactly who) testified, that everyone already knew: Hollywood is purely capitalistic and just looks at what will make money and basically nothing else. So they'll do their calculus to see if Depp's rehabilitation among portions of the audience offsets having lost these legal battles and being on the bad side of big news outlets.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
If she went through all of that she would have needed some serious medical attention from sustaining extensive cuts from glass and injuries from hits.

Witness for Depp said he didn't observe any cuts or bruises on Amber during Australia trip.

turtle553

Oct 25, 2017
If she went through all of that she would have needed some serious medical attention from sustaining extensive cuts from glass and injuries from hits.

Witness for Depp said he didn't observe any cuts or bruises on Amber during Australia trip.

There would need to be pictures of the damage done during this fight or records from the owners doing repairs.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022

A lot of comments are saying that there is some sort of medical documentation about that.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Literally less than 2 minutes ago Heard was in absolute hysterics. When I'm anywhere near that upset it takes me at least an hour to recover. My voice is hoarse, my eyes are puffy and red, and I typically have difficulty breathing.

There is not a single sign on her face right now, the emotion she was displaying just 2 minutes ago.

I'm scared.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
Literally less than 2 minutes ago Heard was in absolute hysterics. When I'm anywhere near that upset it takes me at least an hour to recover. My voice is hoarse, my eyes are puffy and red, and I typically have difficulty breathing.

There is not a single sign on her face right now, the emotion she was displaying just 2 minutes ago.

I'm scared.
Same. But on the other hand, if I went in blind and knew nothing about this case, I'd still believe her immediately. That's what's so disturbing about all this.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Painting with his severed finger?

Man, I'm only occasionally tuning in and every time these stories are wild. She keeps talking about witnesses, so this should all be possible to corroborate. But these stories are absolutely nuts. If these does turn out to be lies she has some crazy imagination.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
It kind of feels like there is a game of one-upmanship going on today. If it is true it sounds very brutal. Would also like to see evidence.

GreyFox

Oct 28, 2017
Her rapid change of emotion and behaviour within minutes is truly terryfing to me. Not five minutes ago she was absolutely hysteric, now she's completely normal again?

She's talking for hours now, so much stuff, and we're still without any piece of evidence to support any of this.

Oct 30, 2017
A lot of comments are saying that there is some sort of medical documentation about that.
There are none. If so, the records would have been shown to the jury during her testimony about these injuries. The only documentation are the therapy notes. There is one photograph of a bruise on her arm, but this was allegedly taken during an altercation where Depp supposedly punched her in the face while she was on the ground. No evidence of bruising or cuts on her face from the available pictures.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
I expect those records to be in or to be introduced into the evidence then. I mean there is NO way she herself or someone wouldn't have documented such extensive injuries.
I don't think many people realize just how serious the damage that broken glass can do is. I watch my brother cut his leg almost to the bone on one shard of glass from a picture frame. What she is talking about would have to need a hospital visit and lots of stitches if not surgery.

Oct 27, 2017
These descriptions she's making would've left her so fucked up that people absolutely would've noticed, and even if she didn't photograph or report the injuries herself someone would've. It's like she way overcorrected in trying to make it sound believable.

My friend got cut by a piece of glass when we were kids, and it left a deep scar on his forehead that you can still see you today. Glass can really quickly shred you but you will see it.

Going back to what she said yesterday, if she was really getting pounded in the face while being held on the ground, how is it that nobody saw that evidence? Make up only does so much, that shit swells and disfigures your face, you can't just hide it by putting a little bit of concealer on it here and there.

Tamahagene

Banned
May 4, 2022
I don't think many people realize just how serious the damage that broken glass can do is. I watch my brother cut his leg almost to the bone on one shard of glass from a picture frame. What she is talking about would have to need a hospital visit and lots of stitches if not surgery.
I middle school I punched through the glass of a post office window, I wasn't bleeding but I had a bunch of little visible micro cuts.
I had a glass cracked on my head a year or so ago, not with a lot of force but blood was streaming down my face.
Nothing about the glass is believable.
Edit: just looked at my forehead and I can still see where the scar healed.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
These descriptions she's making would've left her so fucked up that people absolutely would've noticed, and even if she didn't photograph or report the injuries herself someone would've. It's like she way overcorrected in trying to make it sound believable.

Implication seems to be that Depp has managed to create this conspiracy of massive scale where everyone protects him and his behavior that is psychotic. All of his witnesses lied their asses off etc.

I middle school I punched through the glass of a post office window, I wasn't bleeding but I had a bunch of little visible micro cuts.
I had a glass cracked on my head a year or so ago, not with a lot of force but blood was streaming down my face.
Nothing about the glass is believable.

What kind glass is matters a lot on how it cuts skin, also even minor head wounds tend to bleed quite a bit. They easily look worse than they are.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
There are none. If so, the records would have been shown to the jury during her testimony about these injuries. The only documentation are the therapy notes. There is one photograph of a bruise on her arm, but this was allegedly taken during an altercation where Depp supposedly punched her in the face while she was on the ground. No evidence of bruising or cuts on her face from the available pictures.
Youtube comments fucking suck, like holy shit. Sorry for spreading misinformation.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017

The one time I stepped on a piece of glass large enough to cut into my foot, it left a cut about a quarter of an inch in my heel and I was walking with an obvious limp for about two days.

I'm not saying that she couldn't still be telling the truth here. But the intensity of the violence that she describes, but without giving any of these details, would leave me really confused if I were on this jury.

But maybe that's the point.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Painting with his severed finger?

Man, I'm only occasionally tuning in and every time these stories are wild. She keeps talking about witnesses, so this should all be possible to corroborate. But these stories are absolutely nuts. If these does turn out to be lies she has some crazy imagination.

Yeah very very curious to see what witnesses she has lined up. We're going to have to wait a while though, since the judge is going to a conference next week.

Re: Depp painting the wall with his severed finger, that's actually well-documented since Depp's testimony confirmed it, and there are photographs. Obviously their reasons for it happening and the entire context surrounding the incident - including who's responsible for the finger - are wildly divergent.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah very very curious to see what witnesses she has lined up. We're going to have to wait a while though, since the judge is going to a conference next week.

Re: Depp painting the wall with his severed finger, that's actually well-documented since Depp's testimony confirmed it, and there are photographs. Obviously their reasons for it happening and the entire context surrounding the incident - including who's responsible for the finger - are wildly divergent.
Ah, cheers. Didn't know. That's still crazy.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
WHY are we looking at a blurry photo of a ping pong table!?

This is so incredibly hard to follow.

Oct 25, 2017
You know what sucks? When she breaks down into hysterics I feel genuinely awful for this completely fake persona; she is a good enough actress that in the moment of the outbursts I'm 'with' this person and every part of me wants to believe and hug that person because I'm not a fucking robot and these are serious accusations. But when she comes out of it, so do I, and I'm left feeling embarrassed and gaslit that I felt anything at all.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
What was the 2nd picture? Broken glass? Where was the blood?

edit: The dark red things are the blood?

game-biz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Her claims and demeanor is in wtf territory. I guess she really is trying to not lose this case and owe Depp millions, although how she is acting really is not convincing. I suppose that's how she must justify to herself lying to the world right now. She probably is thinking, "You're making me do this, Johnny. You've put me in a corner and now I have to fight my way out anyway I can."

All of this shit, you'd think there would be SOME decent evidence for the plethora of extraordinary claims she's made. Are we supposed to just take her word on everything? Good lord…

tsmoreau

Oct 27, 2017
I see many of you are lucky enough not to have emotionally manipulative gaslighting highly emotionally disturbed individuals in your family.

You're getting a taste here. Imagine this at the dinner table.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
www.bbc.co.uk

Johnny Depp - BBC News

All the latest content about Johnny Depp from the BBC.

Nearly time stamped and organised by the BBC. Crazy.

Logged a complaint not that it'll do much

Geez, all the pictures of her sad face. 😔

_124600614_gettyimages-1240462539.jpg

_124427089_976_hi075765556.jpg

Poor mare, she's been through so much.

#AmberHeard #JohnnyBeGone #DefundTheBBC

Last edited:

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
You know what sucks? When she breaks down into hysterics I feel genuinely awful for this completely fake persona; she is a good enough actress that in the moment of the outbursts I'm 'with' this person and every part of me wants to believe and hug that person because I'm not a fucking robot and these are serious accusations. But when she comes out of it, so do I, and I'm left feeling embarrassed and gaslit that I felt anything at all.
to be honest if i didn't know who she is, i wouldn't have guessed she's an actress. That's how bad her acting is to me here..
it's like someone who is on her first attempt of drama school really

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
If these photos were taken after the violent event, but before clean-up...then this isn't in sync at all with the violence she described. Like, at all.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
I'm finding it really hard to listen to Heard now, it's just a cloud of second-hand embarrassment and incredulity at the tales she's telling. All over the place, fake emotions, vivid detail on mundane shit, and no proper evidence of serious accusations? Wait for the witnesses to come forth and all (like it'll help), but she seems like a truly awful, gaslighting person.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Her claims and demeanor is in wtf territory. I guess she really is trying to not lose this case and owe Depp millions, although how she is acting really is not convincing. I suppose that's how she must justify to herself lying to the world right now. She probably is thinking, "You're making me do this, Johnny. You've put me in a corner and now I have to fight my way out anyway I can."

All of this shit, you'd think there would be SOME decent evidence for the plethora of extraordinary claims she's made. Are we supposed to just take her word on everything? Good lord…
I mean that's pretty much what happened in the UK case so she and her legal team probably feels it can work here

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
If these photos were taken after the violent event, but before clean-up...then this isn't in sync at all with the violence she described. Like, at all.
She said the alcohol on the ground had been "dried up", I assumed that meant it had been cleaned. But then im sure whoever cleaned it would be able to say if it matched her description

Oct 25, 2017
to be honest if i didn't know who she is, i wouldn't have guessed she's an actress. That's how bad her acting is to me here..
it's like someone who is on her first attempt of drama school really

Some part of me knows it's an act but in the moment the stuff she is saying is so serious and so beyond the pale that some empathetic part of myself lights up because I am not used to this. I'm used to Hollywood acting of course, but rarely about such important things, and when I snap out of it I just feel so manipulated even though I know it's all a lie at this point. It just makes me livid at her.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
Where is the brown writing on the walls that she described as being in THIS room?

Lost...

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Wouldn't you expect a lot more smearing and not almost perfect circles if the glass was cleaned up considering

If anyone had been sliding around on broken glass on that floor while basically naked there would have been blood smeared all over that tile floor. Either it never happened or someone gave that floor good scrubbing before taking picture, while leaving some bits of... glass? onto the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.